Square Point of Sale Logo

Square Point of Sale

iPad & Android point of sale (POS) system

Square Point of Sale Reviews - Page 69

1,854 reviews

Super easy to use and affordable!

Pros

It's easy to use on the app, and I like that there are no monthly fees. I also like that you can customize it and send invoices with your logo on it.

Cons

I don't like that the card reader doesn't work with a iPhone 7 Plus. We had to purchase extra adaptors.

Modern payment system

Pros

I like the user interface and also how widely used you can use it. They make the system very mobile so merchants at festivals can accept payments easily.

Cons

I cant think of many cons as I don't use the system enough. Maybe cheaper rates for manually inputting cards?

Great product

Pros

It was really easy to set up and we used it on multiple devices in our office.

Cons

It doesn't integrate with any of the other software in the office, so we ended up using another product that did. (That way we didn't have to take extra time to post the payments in the client's ledger).

Pros

Simple to set up and so easy to use. You can even send receipts to the customers emails. Very professional as well.

Cons

The fees depending on how much the purchase is, is a bit high but with any Point of sale product is always going to have fees.

Great for Mobile Credit Card Payments

If you operate a business that requires you to be on the go, then this is perfect for being able to accept credit card payments without lugging around a credit card machine.

Pros

It allows you to accept credit card payments on the go for services.

Cons

There wasn't much that I didn't like with Square.

review

Pros

This is a super easy software to use that the whole team can have access to. Great for storing several files, products and invoices.

Cons

I wish there were less fees applied to the point of sale

I love this app

I love it, it works GREAT. It informs me on new things they have coming or are offering. Easy to setup. Very easy to use.

Cons

DOES NOT SUPPORT START UPS.

Don't have an pros as we weren't able to use it due to reasons stated below. I would not recommend this to a start up business (or any other for that matter!)

Pros

Cons

Unlike competitors such as Paypal etc, Square does nothing to support start up businesses. After taking our first transaction it was frozen because we couldn't supply multiple bank statements (as we were a new business & therefore bank account). We were rudely told there was nothing we could do and would have to refund the payment putting ourselves in a very difficult position when we need to pay suppliers.

Squared up

Pros

I love that I can make a sale anywhere and not have to worry about if they don't have cash what do I do.

Cons

The fees are a bit much but I guess it's the price you pay for convenience.

is it worth it?

Pros

I like the convenience of this software.

Cons

If you don't have signal it doesn't always work. The markup for use of this software is a little pricey in my opinion.

Wonderful app

Overall this is a great app that helps a lot

Pros

The ease of use, security and it literally has anything you need right to n the app

Cons

I literally love this app it’s very helpful and easy to use

Never Received My Money

Pros

Product is somewhat easy to navigate, battery life is good. Those are the only pros about the product.

Cons

Though this product is easy to use, there is no point in using it considering I never received my money for the transactions that I processed through the reader. It is normally supposed to be deposited right into your bank account however nothing was deposited into my account. It have been about 2 months now and the customer service team seems unable to do anything about it. They are VERY difficult to get in contact with, and keep saying the issue is on the bank's end which is not true. I used the SQUARE reader to process small transactions for my business and it totaled quite a large sum of money that I now have no access to. Absolutely appalling! Even worse that it feels like there is no one to fix this issue.

POS Square marketing

not enough sales, views but no sales.

Pros

30-day trial and included features. Not enough sales.

Cons

not able to utilize, no interest from visitors.

Everyone has it

Pros

I like that its user friendly and since a lot of places use it, its easy to get people on board

Cons

Some people seem to be worried about the security of the overall system

Didn't like it

I did not like it and i will not be using it again

Pros

Nothing. I really dislike the software as well as the box you have to plug into your phone or tablet just to use the app

Cons

The software is slow. The box was annoying and bulky. Half of the time the reader didn't want to work. Called the company and had them send out another and it still did the same thing so I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. Still didn't work correctly. Ended up switching to paypal

Square

Pros

Ease of use. Allows for easy quick payments with minimal fees. Posts to the bank account immediately.

Cons

The square reader is slightly flimsy and I've already broken one. That's the only issue I have with square.

Square is great for Small Business

I like the benefit of parents being able to pay me by credit card so that if they don't have cash or check at the moment they can still pay instantly.

Pros

I like that it's extremely easy to use and that you can get your money transferred to your bank account very quickly.

Cons

I don't like the fee taken from each transaction. Also, they take a higher fee if you manually enter the credit card info rather than swipe a card.

Absolutely!

Pros

This is a wonderful product, I loved the simplicity of setting up my little store/product lines.

Cons

While far from being a serious negative, the thing i liked least was the simplicity was just a tiny bit too far.

easy and quick

Pros

I like how easy it is to use and it's so fast when dealing with customers.

Cons

There are two things I like the least: the fees and rates for use and the ability to label or put a transaction into a folder for categorizing sales/donations.

Great for ease of access but pricey

Great for clients, however the fee is higher than I would prefer

Pros

Super easy

Cons

Expensive rate

Easy to use, should be doing it more often.

Pros

Super convenient, wish I was using it more often. Often forget, but habit needs to be created, good stuff.

Cons

Not as habitual like a credit card, often times forget, or replace with things like Venmo. Nature of the game

Love it!

Pros

I love that it is so portable. It can be used by numerous people in our office (they just have to come and grab it)and go!

Cons

I think the square itself being so small would be the only con I can think of now. If it is not constantly connected it is easy to misplace.

Square Point of Sale

Pros

I like that this was mobile and I could use my cell phone to take credit card payments.

Cons

I closed my mobile business and had no more need for this produce. I did not want to resell it because I was not sure if would save my personal data.

Taking P.O.S. into the future

Pros

Just having this software in a business makes it look as if you are ahead of the game when it comes to technology and computers. Also very simple to use

Cons

Wish it was a bit cheaper. Cost is UP THERE!

Good once you get the hang of it

My department used it for our occasional POS needs. It was fairly easy to use after brief instructions.

Pros

Has a lot of useful functions, easy troubleshooting

Cons

It isn't immediately intuitive, so it can take some (brief) trial and error.