Square Point of Sale Logo

iPad & Android point of sale (POS) system

Square Point of Sale Reviews - Page 75

2,007 reviews

Square is great for Small Business

I like the benefit of parents being able to pay me by credit card so that if they don't have cash or check at the moment they can still pay instantly.

Pros

I like that it's extremely easy to use and that you can get your money transferred to your bank account very quickly.

Cons

I don't like the fee taken from each transaction. Also, they take a higher fee if you manually enter the credit card info rather than swipe a card.

Absolutely!

Pros

This is a wonderful product, I loved the simplicity of setting up my little store/product lines.

Cons

While far from being a serious negative, the thing i liked least was the simplicity was just a tiny bit too far.

easy and quick

Pros

I like how easy it is to use and it's so fast when dealing with customers.

Cons

There are two things I like the least: the fees and rates for use and the ability to label or put a transaction into a folder for categorizing sales/donations.

Great for ease of access but pricey

Great for clients, however the fee is higher than I would prefer

Pros

Super easy

Cons

Expensive rate

Easy to use, should be doing it more often.

Pros

Super convenient, wish I was using it more often. Often forget, but habit needs to be created, good stuff.

Cons

Not as habitual like a credit card, often times forget, or replace with things like Venmo. Nature of the game

Love this software

Pros

The ease of checkouts was probably the best feature of this software. I love how the program explains to the customers instead of me having to sit there and watch the checkout.

Cons

Honestly, I can't think of any feature that I disliked enough to remember.

Love it!

Pros

I love that it is so portable. It can be used by numerous people in our office (they just have to come and grab it)and go!

Cons

I think the square itself being so small would be the only con I can think of now. If it is not constantly connected it is easy to misplace.

Quick and easy

Pros

I love how easy to use it is, just a quick swipe of the card and it’s done. I wish more food trucks would use this or door to door sales reps.

Cons

I don’t like how it always asks if I want to give a tip on a purchase

Modern payment system

Pros

I like the user interface and also how widely used you can use it. They make the system very mobile so merchants at festivals can accept payments easily.

Cons

I cant think of many cons as I don't use the system enough. Maybe cheaper rates for manually inputting cards?

Square Point of Sale

Pros

I like that this was mobile and I could use my cell phone to take credit card payments.

Cons

I closed my mobile business and had no more need for this produce. I did not want to resell it because I was not sure if would save my personal data.

Taking P.O.S. into the future

Pros

Just having this software in a business makes it look as if you are ahead of the game when it comes to technology and computers. Also very simple to use

Cons

Wish it was a bit cheaper. Cost is UP THERE!

Good once you get the hang of it

My department used it for our occasional POS needs. It was fairly easy to use after brief instructions.

Pros

Has a lot of useful functions, easy troubleshooting

Cons

It isn't immediately intuitive, so it can take some (brief) trial and error.

So easy to use!

Pros

Love this software. It makes it so easy to collect payment from clients and they are always impressed with the technology.

Cons

Nothing! I find this software to be exceptional and a great addition to the business.

Awesome seevice

Great experience

Pros

What I like most about this is that it's super easy to set up, convenient, and budget friendly!

Cons

There isn't anything I didn't like ab.out this so far

Love Square

Pros

I love using square. It makes purchasing easy with a card. I especially like the that it remembers me, and texts receipts.

Cons

That not everyone uses it. It’s so easy and inexpensive.

I enjoyed Square

I think square has Jedi mind tricks because months ago when I initially went to their website. The following week I received square POS promo in the mail to check them out. At the time didn't need it but recently did business for a booth and we used the square on the go POS. A family member wanted me to help them at an exhibition so we decided to utilize square for the whole weekend. It was quick easy and pretty fast even the setup was fairly simple. I definitely recommend them if you are a merchant that has to conduct business at exhibitions or trade shows!

Pros

They have account reps that work with you through the process, they make it pretty easy for you to use their service.

Reliable POS software

Pros

I love the simplicity of using this software.

Cons

Compared to other POS software, it's stands above the rest. It never has to load for long periods. Smoothly processes payment without hassle.

Quick, easy, reliable

Pros

Easy to use payment option for small businesses. Works every time! Transferring money is fast!

Cons

Sometimes complicated when multiple credit card payments are used on one transaction.

Square Point of Sale

Pros

It's much easier to sell merchandise as our business travels, and not everyone can use cash.

Cons

Getting it set up and used to it first is a bit confusing

Squared up

Pros

I love that I can make a sale anywhere and not have to worry about if they don't have cash what do I do.

Cons

The fees are a bit much but I guess it's the price you pay for convenience.

Square POS Cheese shop review

Pros

Square POS is really easy to use and really fast. We have no issues with the Software

Cons

I think that there are not enough features and options available. For example we would like to add the cost of each product but we cant

Great for small businesses

Pros

Easy to use - very little equipment required - gives businesses of any size the ability to accept credit card payments

Cons

Does feel less professional than a traditional carb reader but this will likely change over time

Perfect for Book Sales

When people do not have cash, Square makes the sale happen.

Pros

Whenever I meet someone interested in buying one of my books, the transaction can be done virtually anywhere.

Cons

Nothing. I have had no bad experiances using Square to date.

Great tool!

Pros

Square allows me to take a card, no matter where I am. It is very easy to setup and use even the most novice sellers are able to use it. It’s that easy.

Cons

A different device is required to use chip technology.

Perfect for Home Based or Small Business

I use to sell jewelry through a party system and it was nice to be able to have the option for clients to use debit or credit cards and not have to rely on cash/check payments. This was not only convenient for me but also everyone attending the party who wanted to make a purchase.

Pros

I liked being able to take various forms of payment whenever I made a sale - it was not longer limited to cash and check purchases only.

Cons

I had to make sure I had a good connection and I preferred not to work on wifi for security seasons. I was worried about my clients information to a certain degree.