StockMarketEye Reviews

Pros

I'm able to manage my entire portfolios with StockMarketEye in a pretty good fashion. It's not perfect, but it's a good value and is really helpful to keep track on several portfolios.

After a great deal of research I found this the most intuitive software with excellent reporting.

Jon S.

Good value and a pleasure to use - It's easy and quick to set up and monitor the value of your stocks and portfolios using (delayed) free data streams. Has most common indicators too.

Graeme M.

Cons

Sometimes I have to make minor corrections after the import. But it's a minor annoyance.

There is no drawing or annotation functions in the charting functions.

Victor N.

4.5

StockMarketEye ... "better than Quicken for Mac users" (especially non-US)

This is an excellent stock following program. There are some things that could be made perfect (from already good or very good or a few things excellent). There is nothing bad that I have come across - the nearest is the allocation to sale of part parcels, but even this is sensible. It could be laid out diferently but it is overall excellent. I got this because I was tired of the endless debacle that is Quicken for a non-US Mac user and am happy. I think it works well for this group.

Pros

This software works ! It is very intuitive. It has detail where required and good displays.

Cons

The reporting is OK but could be adapted ideally to suit exact tax planning for each market with some additional work. I liked the import brokerage function.

A Stellar Software for Analyzing Financial Investments

Well worth the one time fee!

Pros

As a Financial Analyst, I deal with a lot of numbers and comparable charts daily. My days can get pretty busy and I sometimes don’t know where to start. I’m so happy with StockMarketEye which has assisted me in doing comparable research for my investment portfolios. I can assess the charts and developments from my desktop and everything is always up-to-date. I have a lot of confidence in this software which enables me to give solid advice to my peers.

Cons

I’m very happy with StockMarketEye and have not experienced much trouble with it. I use it on a daily basis, and it is one of the first things I check in the morning when I get to the office.

Pretty good software for managing stocks

Pros

StockMarketEye is pretty good for managing stock. You can create different portfolios, and register your stocks buys, sells or dividends. It knows how to handle portfolios in different currency, which is not that common and is really appreciated when you have different accounts with different currencies.

Cons

There a few bugs there and there, which are annoying but not a show stopper. There is no way to automate anything or add anything else that is not listed in Yahoo Finance. You can to import CSV from other data sources, but you have to do that manually. The charting ability are pretty limited and not that useful in the end. It can bit a bit slow, and the reporting abilities are pretty limited. The watching list system is also pretty much limited unfortunately.

Thanks for your comments on StockMarketEye. We just wanted to point out that it is possible to track securities that are not covered by Yahoo Finance. Have a look at this page from our User's Guide for details: https://www.stockmarketeye.com/users-guide/portfolios/tracking-bonds-and-non-quoted-securities.html#tracking-bonds-and-non-quoted-securities

Well Priced Research Software

Overall I would recommend this to anyone that is getting into trading and has their securities and investment portfolios in multiple places.

Pros

I've used this for about a year now to track stats on the different securities I am trading and I have found that over time as I become acquainted with the user interface that is saves me a lot of time on my research.

Cons

There is a learning curve to using the software but fortunately the help guides will get you going but to utilize the software to maximum advantage (for day trading) it will take some time setting up and practice.

Stay Up to Date With the Market

Pros

As an Investment Banking Analyst, I always have to stay up-to-date with the status of the market since it fluctuates all the time. What may have been a good decision yesterday, might not work tomorrow. Since my clients put their trust and faith in me, I always want to deliver the best service. This is where StockMarketEye fits and I must say that this software has helped me effectively manage my clients accounts. I can monitor the charts and benchmarking from my computer which is right on track. All the information I need is handy and this software is instrumental in my decision making for my clients.

Cons

My only concern about this program is that there are not too many selections for the charts. It’s not really a major issue, but could use some improvement down the road.

Better than expected or any other such investment management programs I've seen

Very quick and informative response from support when I had a question on getting set up. That whole process went smoothly.

Pros

I like that it's on my computer and not in some amorphous "cloud." I was looking to replace Google Finance after it turned into a mess, found this and can't be happier plus it is way more useful. It's fast, comprehensive, and makes a load of information easy to find. I've only been using for about 6 months and it's now an important go-to tool for all my investing decisions. We have about 60 holdings of more than 40 stocks, CEFs, ETFs in 6 accounts (SEPs, ROTHs, etc.) with 2 brokers. I was just able to easily complete a total overview analysis that I've been straining to try and do for a long time. It's easy to update with transactions, divis, etc. and is alway right on with Quicken & broker statements.

Cons

No complaints about SMEye at all. In fact, I'm still learning about tools and info it includes.

StockMarketEye is best portfolio manager I've seen!

Pros

The software is really easy and flexible to use. It allows me to set up my dashboard to only see what's important to me and to group stocks into categories. Another thing I like is the alert function. It's a very useful feature that helps alert me to any sell/buy criteria I've set. I also like the ability to get up to date financial news from the app.

Cons

I've always felt the iOS app doesn't perform as well as the app for my windows computer. And even though I've seen some improvements lately, I still hope to see more improvement to bring up to par with the windows app.

Portfolio Manager's PM

Working in a portfolio management group, we use StockMarketEye to help analyze our client's portfolios and look for trends in the data. We are able to consolidate everything into one portfolio, and harness the tools such as charting and watchlists to make determinations as to when we want to enter new positions. Very impressed overall.

Pros

Ability to group different accounts into one single portfolio for analysis. This helps when trying to create aggregate analyses of all my client's portfolios. Also really like the ability to keep watchlists of stocks, and track if they reach certain levels. No longer do we have to dedicate someone to watching price levels; rather, we can be notified when certain moves happen.

Cons

Lacks a research aspect, but I realize that's not what this software is about. Can also be somewhat challenging jumping from systems such as Bloomberg to StockMarketEye, although the latter is most definitely more modern.

Quality Product for Investors

SME allows me to easily monitor all my portfolios in one place and analyze my profits and losses. A great product!

Pros

SME is a great portfolio management software that provides me with centralized visibility of my portfolio and watch lists. I highly recommend SME as an investment tool.

Cons

Nothing directly related to the product. Most limits encountered are related to Yahoo finance where SME retrieves stock data.

Awesome platform to confirm investments

StockMarketEye allows me to confirm investment decisions. This can be very difficult for some, and this platform allows to help you especially for young and amateur investors.

Pros

I have recently started using this platform recently simply to start confirming my personal investment decisions and so far, i have not been disappointed.

Cons

I have recently started to encounter bugs, sometimes I have trouble opening the application, and this should not be happening especially for a program I am paying for. However, i use it everyday before starting my day at work

I well designed, easy to use, but basic portfolio management tool

I'm enjoying the tool, and it beats what I've used before. If you could add the two features I listed under cons, I would be very happy.

Pros

It is reliable which is the main reason I switched from my other tool. Nothing is worse than sitting down to check your portfolio and finding your tool is offline. The user interface is simple and intuitive, for the most part. It does provide a very useful range of fundamental metrics and ratios through the "Configure Columns" command, although the command is hard to access (you need to right click on the column header). All in all, though, I find the tool solid, reliable, and well-designed.

Cons

There are two improvements I would like: 1. Currently, there are two views on portfolios: Prices and Fundamentals. These can be configured. I would really like to create as many views as I want for each portfolio or watchlist (e.g. valuation, growth, performance . . .). Currently, I'm finessing this by creating duplicate watchlists for each view I'd like, but that is a pain if I add, delete, or change entries in a portfolio. So, user created/defined views would be great. 2. I would like to be able to chart the overall performance of my portfolio, and display it in comparison with indices, moving averages, etc.

Thanks for your feedback. For your improvement request #2, have you tried clicking on the "Total" line of your portfolio? This will generate the market value chart of your portfolio (i.e. the end-of-day value of your portfolio over time). You can then add any comparison symbols you want to the chart as well as any of the supported technical indicators.

It's a good stock tracking software

I am typically skeptical about buying softwares because I had unfortunate experiences where the developer stopped developing the software altogether. I tried StockMarketEye and it met my needs very well. I am also glad that the software comes in both Windows and Mac version, and I use both. I have been asking for an option to enable automatic synchronisation and it helps to reduce the hassle since I have the softwares installed in multiple computer and my iPhone. I understand it may lead to a corrupt parent file, and I hope technology can move in this direction someday. I also hope to see stronger features in the iPhone app (eg. chart features, the same portfolio structure as how I have organised in the PC's counterpart).

Pros

Comprehensive, feature-rich, reasonable pricing, multiple OS

Cons

Lack of auto-synchronisation, iOS app is somewhat lacklustre

My experience

Great programme. Much easier and better organized than Acrive Trader Pro. Absence of Search feature I find a great handicap. I have complained about this before but is seems not important enough to add this to the programme. Keep up the improvements. It is wonderful sofar and con only get better.

Pros

Organization and lay out

Cons

No Search No way to move the positions in a preferred order

Thanks for your feedback. It's much appreciated. Regarding the search, just to clarify, there is a symbol search which helps you find ticker symbols, but there currently isn't a way to search for symbols that you already have in StockMarketEye. Regarding the positions of items in portfolios and watchlists, these are completely configurable in StockMarketEye v4. Just drag-and-drop them into your preferred order.

Simplicity is divinity

Simple and elegant charting, portfolios and watchlists. Very easy on the eye, simple as anything to use, and available on my mac at home, PC at work and iPhone in between, with all my lists and portfolios synced between them. I've tried support on a couple of queries and had responses back almost immediately from the developer. I have a number of other investment packages and services, almost all at significantly higher cost, but this is the one I keep coming back to. I suspect it'll get more and more features as time goes on, so it'll be interesting to see where it ends up.

Pros

Simple Looks great Easy to set up Multiple platforms Sync works well

Cons

Could use more fundamental data Could do with more charting options

Best Stock Tracking Software Ever

It works like a charm and I don't have to be a geek or guru in software to run and understand what's going on. Congratulations, Nick, on a great piece of software.

Pros

At low price of less than $100, this product has to be the best Stock Tracking Software available!!!

Cons

Nothing really, except for the fact of familiarizing myself with all its many, many features. So overall...NO MAJOR CONS!

Excellent Portfolio Management Tool for ASX

I use StockMarketEye to track and manage my portfolio of stocks held on the Australian Stock Exchange. The program is able to provide excellent analysis through its data and charts, and the reports functionality lets me review performance over time, and compare against index performance. The ability to accurately track transactions, dividends, reinvestment plans, etc all help to give me a very accurate insight into my portfolio.

Pros

The ability to track all transactions relating to my portfolio and get accurate analytics.

Cons

I'm a Mac user and I don't like that it has been developed in Java (I assume). This means it's cross platform, but it doesn't look nice and doesn't conform with Mac UX.

Funtionality and compatibility

I'm a portfolio manager with 20 plus years of experience, and I use Bloomberg for many years. I wanted something simple, easy but complete to watch my portfolios fast and in real time. StockMarketEye offers what I need and I look forward of new upgrades...the APP great complement but is far behind of the computer version. Overall I'm happy...

Pros

1. Easy to use and manage 2. Enough fundamental information...very complete 3. Charts in the same screen to see all together 4. Real time prices 5. Great to manage watchlists and portfolios

Cons

a. Option to change the Chart font...small numbers b. Not very accurate or updated some information (e.g. P/E, Short Interest, Mkt.Cap) in regards of market cap, it shows some ADRs in different currency rather than USD...confusing. c. Better way to export to excel d. Simple copy/paste to another program like excel or power point e. Rather than click the 'ADD' bottom to add a stock, maybe just enter the symbol directly in the symbol cell f. Options to change colors and highlight rows g. The APP in my iPhone needs many things to improve...no charts, no ratios, very limited when you want to see your portfolios

Useful app to check your stock portfolio

Great little app, highly recommended..

Pros

This affordable app is an inexpensive way to track your stock portfolio, and keep an eye on the market prices. You can set specific alerts to buy and sell specific stocks, and use it to calculate your profitability.

Cons

There are more comprehensive cloud based systems, but at this price point you won't find anything better.

Best I have found!

I have used many portfolio tracking software packages and online sites. StockMarketEye is the only program that provides a comprehensive tracking and reporting system. You can generate a detailed return report based on an specific time frame you want on one portfolio or a combination of portfolios. You can track buys and sells very easily, as well as, account for dividends to cash or reinvested easily. You receive portfolio return to include time weighted average. The program provides stock graphs that includes buys, sells, dividends, and splits.

Pros

Cons

The software offers no fundamental or technical stock research.

SIMPLE AND BEST

Very Responsive and quick works smoothly Thumbs up and absolutely recommendable , as being to the investment career I used a lot of software but this SME makes me more comfortable.

Pros

Desktop version is very good and very effective find it very practical to analyze my stocks The currency difference is very intelligently handle and even multiple wachlist for selected stocks which I like. Very Good Display Rich experience

Cons

Till now no complaints very much liked SME So far So Good

Very nice and easy to use software. Plenty of functionality suit widest needs.

With this software I can monitor my different investment portfolios in different countries and currencies in one place.

Pros

Simple. At the same time very wide choice of stock market instruments may be used. No problems with accounts containing Russian securites trading on MOEX and nominated in Rubles. In extreeme cases of say exotic bonds custom securities may be used in a system. Good connectivity with Interactive brokers using Quicken format.

Cons

Reports generator may be improved to provide cooler graphics (graphs, piecahts and so on). Report gives all information I need, but presentation could be more facinationg.

Most user friendly package on the market.

It allows me to easily monitor which segments within my portfolio are lagging.

Pros

The ease with which I can organize my portfolios' and watch lists. Customer support was very responsive when I had an issue, responded very promptly.

Cons

The way the % gain total is calculated, I can't seem to reconcile it.

Perfect tool to complement the active daytrader

Pros

It's hard to make the decision between using your brokerage's advanced (and paid) tracking functionalities, and a third party app. I have to say that StockMarketEye does an impressive job in providing all the information I want with only a few clicks or taps. I can't say that I've become a more successful trader while using this software, but I can say that it's been a lot easier to review the metrics of my trading.

Cons

There are some sync issues with my brokerage. This is something I anticipate being resolved in the future, as my brokerage is a lesser known entity.

With them from the start

Stockmarketeye offers me a quick or and in depth look at what my holdings are doing and what they have done. There is much of the program which goes into depth I do not use but what I do use saves me a lot of time and is very graphic. I have found their tech support to be most helpful.

Pros

In a quick glance i can see what is important to me

Best windows portfolio app

This has been a good way for me to view all my brokerage accounts in one place offline. I am better able to analyze and implement action plans for my financial goals related to investments.

Pros

Portfolio organization is great, nice features including a view of stocks combined from all portfolios (which helped me discover I had more than I wanted of a particular stock). I like the ability to have multiple watchlists and layered portfolios.

Cons

Cash balance problems I had when uploading brokerage transactions and subsequent manual entries, it was very difficult to get the cash balance correct. I finally had to wipe it out in one case. I dream of having a view like a checkbook with in/out and balance columns for each dated transaction for each brokerage account , and tag/mark transactions as "reconciled" so that I can better compare to the web account views.