Sunrise Logo

Sunrise

Sunrise, formerly Billy, is a cloud-based accounting system

Sunrise Reviews - Page 3

The best bookkeeping software

Pros

It is simple and easy to use and integrates with many other softwares.

Cons

I can't go back and check the date that the payment was entered if it was not made directly by the customer.

Thank you, Rocio. We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. Our goal is to simplify bookkeeping and continue to improve our product. Thank you for your review, and happy bookkeeping.

I have "install" Billy to my clients. No worries from then!

Loyalty from my clients, Easy access to help and advice them for they everyday matters. Clean data with easy exports for further analysis.

Pros

Simplicity, clean interface and free customizing of Chart of accounts. Lot options for exporting in xls format (i love excel).

Cons

It have some minor things about local settings and shortcuts but it minor things! Thanks to friendly support i don't worry.

Billing Clients made Simple and Easy

I just love Billy. The name is great. The interface design is great. And it is easy to generate and track invoices.

Pros

Billy has such a memorable name yes, it is for billing. I love the ease of creating invoices and Billy does the hard job of accounting and tracking. Plus,

Cons

New features are rolling out too slow. Perhaps, I live in a place where there is no sale tax. However, the invoices created by Billy must include a lot stating Tax = 0 dollar in the past which just was got rid of lately.

Easy to use and reliable

I'm a solo freelancer who does all my own billing. I'm happy to have such a simple solution because it saves me time and headaches.

Pros

I've been using Billy for more than a year now. It's very easy to use and reliable. It meshes seamlessly with Stripe (and other payment processors, but I don't use them). When I've had occasion to contact customer service (once or twice), they've been quick to answer my question. Note: There are online accounting features to the software that I don't use, because I prefer to use my own spreadsheets. Nothing against Billy, but I choose not to use them.

Cons

I'm really reaching here, but it can be difficult to find where to go to change the wording of their default emails. I've had to drop a note in the customer service chat to be reminded how to do that. And the answer came back quickly.

Accounting for Non-Accountants

This helps me be more efficient and keep track of my accounts a bit better. I am still not utilizing all the features correctly or to their fullest but have hopes to get there. The key thing for me was being able to get up and going quickly and if not using all the features to at least have them more complex and dual entry accounting options available

Pros

I bought Billy because I needed an affordable, easy to use system for my Freelance business. This was easy enough for me to set up, includes room for me to grow with it's extended features and is something I can hand over to an accountant when I am ready. I love that I can collect payment from the invoice and take many forms of payment

Cons

I just an not a numbers accounting person and really dislike this stuff so I procrastinated on set up items that will help me and iddn't utilize help docs as much as I shoulda

SURPRISE

I will say I have been over impressed with Sunrise and my bookkeeper [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] . As other businesses right now are probably thinking, how do I get the data, continue to pay for ancillary services like Sunrise, do I get rid of it? We are nervous and scared about our small business on a regualr basis. I will day Sunrise has stepped up and been a huge help in this regard. The partnership with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been so amazing and so needed In these times when all I am thinking about is how do I keep this business open and what are our numbers saying. Again I was so torn about keeping this service because how we pay for this during these times but it there is one area I'm happy we decided to keep its Sunrise.

Pros

The ability to populate the data in a time right now accurately and time is super important. This has been very helpful

Cons

so far so good. I am constantly looking for faults. I would like to see the mobile application much more user friendly and accessible.

Thank you, Anthony, for your amazing 5-star review. We strive to assist business owners in the best way possible. This means making our tool intuitive and reliable. We are so happy to hear that your bookkeeper was able to organize your accounts quickly and thoroughly. We are lucky to have her on our team. Thank you again for your feedback.

Loved by a Luddite!

Pros

I am a right-brained, creative, low-tech Luddite; I hand-make jewelry for museums. I am not high tech, and many programs confuse me. I tend to be disorganized because my brain is a busy place and that makes the financial side of my business difficult, and in the past, an ongoing struggle. Sunrise simplified my life!! At least in the area of bookkeeping and invoices. I love it's simplicity! I have been using it for a few years now and have saved hundreds in misplaced invoices!

Cons

I do sometimes run into problems with the editing feature, but that is probably just me.

Melissa, thank you for the glowing review! We are so happy that Sunrise accomplishes what your business needs in a stress-free, simple way. That is our whole goal. We love hearing customer feedback that Sunrise has made at least one small business owner's life a little easier. We've built this system for the "right-brained, creative, low-tech Luddite" and will continue to always be in your corner cheering you on. Thanks again for your wonderful feedback.

Better than quickbooks, but still not the best

I've used quickbooks, freshbooks, xero. Billyapp does fill in the gap, but some extra features (mentioned in the cons) will make it #1

Pros

Simple and fully functional accounting & billing system that has multi-currency invoicing

Cons

Doesn't have recurring expenses, unable to generate customer statements, unable to apply a discount % or amount in an invoice. Website is not mobile responsive. app name "billyapp" sounds 'Naff', when i tell clients to check their email for our invoicing system sent from "billapp"... Could I use my own custom domain or you use another domain to send emails?

You are able to create customer statements and apply discounts to invoices. Please contact our support for help.

Extremely simple and great to use

Setting up and getting started was super easy. We use this software for a retail store selling appliances, so lower volume of transactions a day makes it super easy and to track customer purchases.

Pros

Simple to use and easy to get started. Great simple accounting interface with all your necessary reporting

Cons

No inventory management if you need it. Would like to see a PO module in the software in the future

Hi Jonathon, You can create a PO module by renaming Estimates to PO in the template. Contact our support to learn how. -Billy

Awesome Invoicing Made Easy

We use Billy for invoicing, quotes/estimates, as well as keeping up with our business expenses. Our customers have given us great feedback, especially being able to pay online through the invoices we send. Our money processes in a reasonable time as well. Overall, the presentation is outstanding. Very clean and easy on the eyes, not to mention easy to use as well. Can’t say enough good things. Also, we had one slight hiccup, only once, where we couldn’t get an invoice to send through email. Customer service/tech handled this quickly and we have had no issues since!

Pros

Super easy to use Great presentation Affordable Great customer service Nice features

Cons

Honestly I’m very pleased overall with everything.

Billy runs our small business

My wife is an independent hair stylist, basically she rents a chair. We have been using Billy for our book keeping since we started it in mid 2015. It is everything we need, and for being free you absolutely cannot beat it.

Pros

Simple interface, exceptional customer service (considering it is free), and I can access it from any device I want.

Cons

Not much to dislike so far. It is a fairly basic program, so if we had a larger or more complicated business, I could see it maybe not being as useful.

Too Simple to Use

Pros

the cost of the program is very cheap which is good to keep track of where money is, creating invoices, uploading bills, and generating PDF's to send to customers. The interface is very great as well and allows you to reconcile with your banks in a pretty easy fashion

Cons

There really isn't that much to this program aside from basic accounting practices and reconciling. Sometimes the imports, especially when trying to upload a file can result in errors. Setting something up such has recurring payment reminders, I think would make this app a lot more efficient.

Efficient and Easy to Use

Overall, I like this product and have stayed with it even when other companies have offered their products for less money.

Pros

I can create a quote for a client in minutes with good details and add a deadline to it if I need to. I can convert the quote to an invoice if the client approves the quote. It is easy to see what invoices are open and easy to update payments for open invoices.

Cons

Changes to invoice permenant wording can be a pain because the access to this section is not obvious. Since it is something you only change once in a great while that means you have to keep great notes on how to do it or contact support every time.

Hi John, thank you for taking the time to share your review of Sunrise. Our goal is to help small business owners, so you have more time to focus on growing your business. We are thrilled you find the tool, especially invoicing, to be quick, user-friendly, and stress-free. Additionally, we've made a note of your invoice suggestion. The selection should be made apparent and obvious. Again, we appreciate you leaving us a review.

Easy to use for invoicing

I've been satisfied with Sunrise and recommended it to others in my industry.

Pros

Intuitive and easy. I also like the reports I can run for my invoicing and options for sorting information.

Cons

I used to have Billy and had the option to do a wire transfer payment without them taking a charge. Since they take a percentage, I no longer give that option to my clients.

Thank you, Meredith for your amazing 5-star review. We strive to assist business owners in the best way possible. This means making our tool intuitive and easy to use. Our goal is to simplify bookkeeping, so anyone can understand the health of their business. Wishing you success and growth with your business.

Intuitive, easy to use accounting software for your small business

I use Billy for sending invoices to my freelance writing clients. It's an easy to use platform and meets all of my invoicing needs. It also allows you to bill with credit cards and Paypal, which my clients love.

Pros

Billy is my go-to program for creating invoices for my clients in my freelance writing business. It's easy to create a template, add products, and even send recurring invoices. You can also accept credit card and Paypal payments right from your invoices.

Cons

The email that is autogenerated by the software needs improvement. The subject line it creates is the invoice number, which isn't very meaningful to the customer. It also addresses the email to the name of the business instead of the name of the contact. I have to go in and change it every time I send an email.

Great cloud based accounting g and invoicing solution

Using BillyApp for over a year now and we are very satisfied so far with its performance. There have been few issues here and there but sorted by fast support.

Pros

Ease of use of available features; accounting section is pretty good too and certainly creating expenses based on uploaded receipts is a plus.

Cons

Needs number of features: customer statements, better VAT handling for Irish annual Trading details return

Good software

Pros

Good softwareEasy to use easy to understand does not take much time to learn the ins and outs of the software to be proficient in the sport is top notch when you have a question

Cons

Not really a lot not to like about the software somethings are repetitive but you can change it in settings.

Jason, we're glad you had a pleasant experience with Sunrise. You should not be jumping over hurdles when it comes to bookkeeping. We strive to simplify bookkeeping and will continue to improve our product for our small business owners. Thank you for the glowing review.

Great for a startup

Good, but would only use for the beginning year or two of a startup. Definitely not for advanced features or book keeping.

Pros

The Billy software is very easy to use, pretty trivial.

Cons

Billy lacks a lot of features as the company grows and advances, also does not have an actual app that you can use from mobile device. It is very limited in its use to receipt captures only.

Basic but just what I need

I amsaving money compared to my previouse accounting package, but this is much more simple and streamlined.

Pros

I find the software very simple and basic. It does exactly what I need it to, with no complications or awkward stuff. That being said i am an accountant and I know what I'm doing - might be a little bit too basic for a total beginner....

Cons

Billy is still very much in start up phase, and not everything works exactly as I would want yet, although I think they are heading in the right direction. Over the last six weeks or so I finally managed to connect my bank account nd transfer transactions automatically - once I manage to connect my Paypal account too I will be in heaven

Sunrise Accounting Software Makes Bookkeeping & Invoicing Fast and Efficient...

Pros

Sunrise Accounting Software works efficiently in almost any web browser and made my life easier. No longer having to type up invoices, track payments, and worry about how to know the status of everything has made me more efficient and decreased my stress level.

Cons

It took a little bit of time to set up and has tons of options that I am probably never going to need or use but it does exactly what I need.

We are ecstatic you had a pleasant experience with Sunrise. You should not be jumping over hurdles when it comes to bookkeeping. We strive to simplify bookkeeping and will continue to improve our product for our small business owners. Thank you for the glowing review.

Great For Small Businesses!

I have had a reduction in stress and cost to do my business accounting because of using Sunrise.

Pros

This product is way simpler to use for the average small business owner than other, more costly and more complicated accounting products. Everything is very intuitive and easy to understand.

Cons

I have had repeated issues with integrating my bank information to the software.

Hi Donna, thank you for providing us with feedback. You should not be jumping over hurdles when it comes to bookkeeping. We strive to simplify bookkeeping and will continue to improve our product for our small business owners. Regarding your bank sync issues, we recently launch an integration with Plaid, which we believe will solve a lot of bank sync issues. When you log into Sunrise, you'll be prompted to relink your bank accounts. Please reach out to us if you have any issues. Thanks!

I have been using Billy for about 2 weeks and I love it!

This software was used for invoicing our clients and managing expenses. We are transitioning (slowly but surely) to only using this for all our invoicing needs.

Pros

I like how you can setup accounts for your employees to log in to send invoices, This software allows you to setup recurring monthly invoicing (which is awesome). You can upload your receipts and keep track of expenses all in the same app.

Cons

The invoicing can be a bit of a hassle until you get all the items input into the system. But, it does work great. I can't update my banking information yet. I contacted support and they are aware of the issue with my bank, and they are getting it fixed and said in October it should be up and running. This is a new company and I do love the platform so I don't mind. I think this was a great investment for my business.

Marks take

My experience has been mostly very good until recently. I have to use Firefox because the Brave browser immediately logs me out saying logged out due to inactivity. I plan on digging deeper into what the program can do for me other than invoicing.

Pros

I use this only for invoicing and it works great.

Cons

The inability to resize columns in the invoices.

Hi Mark, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We've noted the issue with your browser and have reported it to our Development team. Please reach out to us if you have any other comments or concerns at support@sunriseapp.com. Thank you!

Making Life Easier

Very positive, once I engaged and learned how to use it effectively. I have a GREAT bookkeeper in [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN].

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is my bookkeeper and he is always looking out for me. I have never met [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], but he has earned my trust.

Cons

I have no complaints about the software.

Hi David, thank you for your wonderful feedback. That is our mission and goal here. We strive to have the small business owner's back. To lift you up and help you succeed. We are thrilled to hear that Stephen has earned your trust to efficiently and effectively manage your books. We are lucky to have him on the team!

I can track my own finances

I was intimidated by leaving the spreadsheet and shoebox method of accounting. With very little time and some help from support, I was tracking my income and expenses, categorizing transactions in a way that makes my accountant happy, and invoicing my clients from one integrated platform. I use it daily and recommend it to friends.

Pros

Simple learning curve, easy invoicing, white label branding

Cons

growing pains of a young software but their support is good at keeping me updated on things