Sunrise Logo

Sunrise

Sunrise, formerly Billy, is a cloud-based accounting system

Sunrise Reviews - Page 4

Accounting is boring... not with Billy

Made my life way easier when doing business in multiple Countries. Accounting is a serious thing, and Billy is used by many companies.

Pros

Ok, I got this software to help our company with our accounting. We have clients in multiple countries and with different currencies, so Billy is super easy to use and if you need the support is fast. Billy is also a double entry software, which means its fully compliant with the rules of accountant. I know, accounting is boring, but at least with Billy can be easy.

Cons

One thing that bothers me is the lack of recurrent charges. They do have recurrent invoices capabilities, but the recurrent charges would be an awesome add-on. They said they will add it, if they really do, the software will have ALL an entrepreneur needs to keep things by the book:)

Billy Rocks!

Well done, great job on the app! Keep up with the good work!

Pros

Billy really makes your accounting easy! I recommend it to all of my friends, as I hate accounting and this software makes it a breeze.

Cons

Nothing is bothering me so far, and it keeps on improving.

Accounting tool for non accountants

Great experience. Especially after trying other similar products which are not as intuitive.

Pros

The UX is made for non accountants which is great. You intuitively understand where to click and how to do the different processes and the customer support is fantastic.

Cons

The accountants don't like it. This is a con in a world where the accountants often decide what software to use in their domain. The problem is apparently that some of the features are built in a way where you can mingle around with the accounting so the balance in accounting terms does not fit. Would recommend the product for smaller companies, but once you grow bigger it is harder to use.

Helpful system

Very helpful and nice customer service

Pros

Brings my clients and work together in one accounting program.

Cons

takes a bit to learn unless you know accounting software. For someone who uses pen and paper, changing over was a little slower than I would expect.

Superb accounting software

Pros

Credit and debit and expense on 1st page and balance sheet too and manage like you and mail invoice

Sunrise by Lendio Review

Pros

I like that it's very easy to use and the free version helps a lot for small beginning business owners.

Cons

I have to keep signing into the receipt capture tool to use it. It would be nice to have the recurring invoices accept one-time payments

Hi Jacqueline, thank you for your wonderful feedback. It brings us joy to know that the software satisfies your business needs. We are always rooting for small businesses and want to make the tool as user-friendly as possible. We are currently working on better functionality with our mobile app. Stay tuned for some exciting updates. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review.

Billy has revolutionised my business

I love Billy, and every update bring great new functions - keep it up!

Pros

Billy's recurring invoice function, estimates and quotes are integral to my business

Cons

It took many months for my bank to sync, and this function still seems clunky to me.

High Expectation ... NOT MET!

Overall, I have a mixed experience. I like how easy to use Billy, but it never organized my accounts! I eventually moved to another accounting platform, but from time to time I use Billy's invoicing system.

Pros

- Easy to use - Clean interface - Great Invoice design

Cons

- Support is very weak. - The tool is missing major functionality. - Bank integration just came a few weeks back, but it is not stable. - Stripe is not stable. In many cases, the customer paid but payment was not captured. This led to an embarrassing situation where we keep following with customer to find out that they already paid!!! - Stripe payment can not be re-consiled! I have been told that each stripe payment has to be for 1 uniqe customer, which can not be the case! Stripe combine multiple payment together before payout is sent to bank. - Billy's US Management is sensitive to critics.

Easy accounting for right brain thinkers....

As a graphic / web designer using my left brain is tough, so accounting certainly does not come easy. Our rep makes it so easy for me. It's super pretty interface presents the right information in the right places - which is probably why right brain thinkers like me love it!

Pros

Recurring invoices

Cons

There are one or 2 features I'd like to see. 1) I'd like the recurring billing to recognize any price increase etc made in your inventory. 2) Would like the 'Description' included in the table view.

Fast and friendly bookkeeping

My experience is still good, I like using Billy. As the time of writing this review Billy is my current invoicing software. I like how fast it is, It just lacks some advanced customization features. Even though the needed features are on their roadmap for more than a year now...

Pros

The interface is very clean and fast, issuing and invoice is very easy. You can create quotes too and send directly to your clients.

Cons

Still in early stages, but it's heading in the right direction. I find the lack of translations limiting. For example you can not issue an invoice in other languages than English.

USER Friendly Invoicing

Great Product.

Pros

I like the invoicing feature and how you can add pictures to items. This made invoicing very productive for me. My customer was able to see exactly whet the product was they were getting invoiced for.

Cons

I need more information on the bank set up.

Thank you for your glowing review, Eldrick. We've made note of your feedback regarding more information on the bank set up. Here is a help article that may be useful: http://support.sunriseapp.com/en/articles/812569-link-your-bank-account. If you are still experiencing trouble, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. Thank you for your review and happy bookkeeping!

A simple and intuitive way to collect money from your clients.

Easy to collect payments from clients. It's as simple as that.

Pros

Very easy to use software, intuitive, and has a great UI. You can even see when a client has viewed your invoice.

Cons

There is not much I don't like about the software other than it needs more payment options. I like Stripe but I would love the option to use PayPal with some clients.

Perfect for simple, repetitive billings

Easy tracking of paid & unpaid bills

Pros

Ease of use- quick customer set up for both companies & individuals as well as easy products billing codes set up

Cons

When emailing a bill, Can't customize the email wording when to have several pre-set templates, i.e.; 2nd notice wording, monthly, quarterly, annual bill, different salutations, etc

Great accounting tool

Pros

Easy to track and manage accounts. It offers the option to upload invoices and gives general advice how to do most basic book keeping. This helps save accounting costs

Cons

It is designed for the danish market and works best if used there. Will be great to offer more customisation for invoice

I use Billy for my Accounting. Bills in, Bills out

Pros

Great interface and reporting. Syncs with all the bank accounts I need it to. Great support team. They offer add-ons to help you understand your bookkeeping

Cons

Missing some features. Ability to accept partial payment Bank Transfers through Billy Some issues with Stripe All are being worked on

Definitely great for small businesses!

Pros

Very easy to use Low monthly fee Great customer service Quick upload receipts feature which allows for quick expense records Professional invoices Easy to add discounts and corrections on invoices

Cons

It is a little 1 dimensional and lacks a bit of features

Great for My Small Company

Pros

It has made it easier to track my billing.

Cons

Sometimes I have trouble finding features I need that are buried.

Thank you for your review, Jennifer. We're glad you found tracking your transactions effective. If ever run into obstacles surrounding features, our support team is eager to help. Please reach out to them if you need additional information.

Tracks expenses very well!

I used to track expenses in a very haphazard way. This cost me money at tax time because I was never able to gather all of my allowable deductions together to claim. This program lets me track business expenses in every category, which means at tax time it will be easy ot claim every deduction allowed.

Pros

it is very easy to use and provides clear, clean methods to track my business expenses each week. There are plenty of helpful tips available as well.

Cons

I dislike that it has not been intergrated with PayPal yet. I hope someday it is. Many freelancers, including myself get paid almost exclusively through PP and it would be great to have all bookeeping tools integrated.

Best Online Invoice Maker

We first started using the free version and eventually moved to the paid version and are very happy with how it has worked. We are able to create invoices outside of the office on the road and accept payments online.

Pros

This was quick to set up​ and add customers and products.

Cons

The invoice template is hard to change and hard to customize.

Naming My Firstborn Child After this!

Pros

Billy has been an unbelievable asset to our company and we can not say enough great things about this product.

Cons

If saving your time and your money is a con that would be the only bad thing that I could say about Billy!

Sunrise by Lendio Review

Pros

The software is a smart component of my business. Yup, it's essential. Yup, it's focused to my accounting needs. Yup, it's very reasonably priced. These guys do a good job, which is accentuated by the support I get from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. Keep up the good work!

Cons

No complaints. It's easy to use. Wish I had found them sooner.

David, we are thrilled your experience with Sunrise exceeded your expectations. We are so happy to hear that Angelyn was able to organize your accounts quickly and thoroughly. We are extremely lucky to have her on the team.

Perfect for my small business

I do all of my invoicing through Billy which works very well. I'm moving into selling products as well so will utilise Billy for that as well.

Pros

I like the ease of use combined with the number of features available in Billy.

Cons

There are some customisation options that are missing, specifically the ability to change dates to the format used in Britain (dd/mm/yy). I'd love some integration with other software that I use as well.

Full Featured

If I ever need help or further explanation of a feature, the help guides are very well written and support is available within the app. However, I don't think they work weekends.

Pros

It has so many financial and bookkeeping features inside that I still haven't used half of it in my two years of using them. I've been a member since the beginning when it was called Billy.

Cons

Not many cons but if you're not a CPA or similar professional , you probably won't use the majority of features included in the free account.

Kevin, we are ecstatic you had a pleasant experience with Sunrise. You should not be jumping over hurdles when it comes to bookkeeping. We strive to simplify bookkeeping and will continue to improve our product for our small business owners. Thank you for the awesome review.

Great software for small businesses

The team is very communicative and provide a great support when it is required.

Pros

It is super easy to use and all invoicing and accounting features required for small businesses are included. Great value for the price!

Cons

Lack of translations available for templates. I would like to have templates available in other languages or be able to translate all text variables myself.

Keep Your Finances in Order with Billy!

Pros

- Easy to create and send professional-looking invoices; - Easy to track expenses; - Recurring invoices save me time for those that advertise on my site and are billed monthly

Cons

- I'd love to see time-tracking feature for the clients I bill by the hour - Sometimes I have trouble figuring out how to change a certain setting, however, by messaging customer support I always learn quickly! - I'd love to see integrated PayPal payments so I don't have to manually mark invoices as paid