Sunrise Logo

Sunrise

Sunrise, formerly Billy, is a cloud-based accounting system

Sunrise Reviews - Page 5

Core Of My Business

Pros

I can really see how my business is doing, what my profit margins are and where I can adjust certain things. I run a lead generation business out of my home, and before I wasn't quite aware of how much was going out and how much I was bringing in, Once I got billy I could easily see where I could cut some unneeded expenses.

Cons

I would love to integrate the invoicing with my call tracking system (analytic call tracking) like ninja invoice can do with zapier. That would be great

Billy has been a great choice for managing my books.

Pros

I like how easy it is to figure things out in Billy. I also like that things are customizable because I have more than one business that I send invoices for.

Cons

I don't like that it takes a few days for us to have money deposited into our account. I would like the option to use PayPal as a processor as well

Billy, my online accountant.

Pros

They support all major currencies, and some international banks. Have to request if your bank isn't supported. All transaction fees are with the payment processor you use, either Paypal or Strip.

Cons

Doesn't seem Cannot change the VAT value to suit different country. No language translations. No paypal payments... only Stripe is available.

Hi Cammy, You can actually change VAT or TAXes to say what ever you like. Please contact our support to learn how. -Billy

Easy to use & does everything you need

Pros

- Very easy to use web interface - Nice statistics, automatically calculates vat for tax return, informative dashboard

Cons

- Unfortunately my Bank isn’t supported yet - Some more customization-options would be nice - The API could be simplified - No recurring expenses

Easy to use, Clean design, Efficient functionality

In general, Billy is great. It handles my needs seamlessly for invoicing clients and keeping track of everything. I haven't done taxes yet with it so I still have to see how well I can import the info into TurboTax.

Pros

I love how clean of design it is. After being bogged down by other programs for years, Billy does it best.

Cons

I wish that I could create a recurring expense and that there would be Zapier integration so I could link this with my proposal software.

Great

Great

Pros

They're all about giving you a opportunity to be great

Cons

The phone has been busy every time I have called but I understand

Matthew, we are thrilled you had a great experience with Sunrise. Our customer feedback means everything to us and we take it very seriously. Thank you again for the kind review.

Easy to use and set up

I'm able to view my invoices from any computer and don't have to search for them

Pros

I love that I am able to add images to the invoices is a great feature and having the picture there makes it easier to look up the cost of an item if I ever need to use it again.

Cons

I wish you were able to see if and when the client opened the invoice. I had a few clients tell me they did not receive the invoice. They did eventually find the email after I had them check their spam folder.

Great Software for Entrepreneurs

It’s been a good experience thus far. They are continually making improvements to their software. (I’m excited to use the app!)

Pros

I like the ease and ability to keep my business finances in order. The dashboard is great along with the other features - being able to create invoices with a link for payment, profit/loss and balance sheets, and tax statements.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about the software so far.

Simple and fast accounting for US and Canadian residents

I had a good experience using Billy during that one and half years while I used it. After that I was forced to quit using it, which was quite a shame, because I liked it. As I already mentioned, they no longer support users outside of the US and Canada.

Pros

Really fast interface, modern UI, streamlined functionality. These are all connected and that's the most appealing thing about Billy, it's really blazing fast and it has all the basics you need for bookkeeping and creating invoices.

Cons

A couple of months ago I would have say that everything is fine. I really liked the software. Now they decided to sell the company and the new owners do not support residents outside of US and Canada. So my story stopped here with Billy. If this does not apply to you, try it, use it. It's a really simple app that just works.

Great platform but needs some improvement

Really great experience, however sometimes the system doesn’t react well especially when there is a pop up window, also they need to add a good payment getaways because Stripe is not bad, but for whom doing B2C business to wait 7 days to receive the money and with 3.4% commission doesn’t help much.

Pros

Simple interface, and easy to use for small and medium size of business

Cons

Payment getways, really we need more options for money issues.

Billy is just the software we need for our small business.

Accepting credit card payments from customers via Stripe.

Pros

We enjoy the simplicity of the Billy software. The ability to invoice customers and give them options on paying their invoices Has made this process easy. We do not need to sign up with a merchant account service.

Cons

The reconciliation part of Billy is a bit cumbersome and difficult to learn. I believe a little more use and learning will make this easier.

Solid, easy to use, and reliable billing system

It works really well, was easy to setup, and has helped create more of a professional feel to my small company.

Pros

Billy is incredibly simple to use and creates professional invoices/payment system. I can easily maintain all of my businesses billing needs.

Cons

Might not be as feature rich as a system like quick books. There is a certain about of cost of goods tracking that I can tell would be more complicated using billy.

Love Billy

Pros

I love that this is a double- entry accounting platform. They have the ability to capture receipts and sync to my bank which is a HUGE plus. The ability to create recurring invoices is an added bonus for me as a solopreneur. Any aspect of time savings multiplied throughout my week and month is a great bonus.

Cons

The only downside for the software, for me, right now is their inability to auto=charge ACH drafts for recurring invoices. This would be a lifesaver for me for my retainer clients. Yes, they can pay via ACH, but for whatever reason none of my retainer clients have started paying that way. Any way we can make it easier for our Cilents to pay the better, and ACH would drastically reduce credit card fees.

Attractive app with vast functionality

This is being used to manage our account activities and it does what it promised.

Pros

As mentioned in the topic, this app has a very attractive GUI. Also, all your money management work become less complicated since this app has syncing ability to add your bank accounts into the app.

Cons

Even though there is the bank account syncing facility, still some bank accounts cannot be synced.

Multiple functions and user friendly

Pros

Like the profit & loss and invoice feature. Easy to set up and and category of income & expenses. Very good to keep track the profit & loss on a monthly basis.

Cons

Didn't see anything function that I don't like.

Thank you for your review, Johnson. We strive to assist business owners in the best way possible. This means making our tool intuitive and easy to use. Our goal is to simplify bookkeeping, so anyone can understand the health of their business. Wishing you success and growth with your business.

good experience while using

Pros

The software is quite easy to input a invoice or expense. UX is very friendly to me, and I like the user interface.

Cons

The software is not compatible with Chinese. Furthermore the tax policy is not same as Taiwanese tax policy. It's really such a shame.

Took over all our accounting processes

Easy accounting

Pros

The tool is fully customizable. Everything can be changed and modified to fit your business. Their customer support is amazing.

Cons

There was some hassle to find stuff that we wanted to alter on the tool. We got ir figured out after talking to support. If we could have found a way how go do it, it would have been a lot faster.

Fire Your Personal Finance Manager

Pros

Billy helps you manage your personal finance with a fraction of a cost of a professional finance manager. It's intuitive and easy to use. It also available for mobile.

Cons

There's practically no bank integration for users in Asia. While the app is still functional without the integration, it would be nice for us not to be left out.

Billy is better than the previous intern billy.

Pros

Billy is a simple and easy to use accounting software. Billy allows files to be managed without having to deal with clunky, complicated interfaces. Billy is full of features that range from necessity to cant live without.

Cons

Billy has some minor bugs and glitches that show up once in a while, nothing concerning though.

Great product

Pros

Ease of use and ability to edit even once you’ve sent an invoice that needed changing

Cons

Ability to Change country easily as base country might move

Great experience. In love using Billy to send invoices to my clients.

My company finances are more organized after I start using Billy.

Pros

Billy is an accounting system very easy to use but at the same time it has all the advanced features a company need in a app like this one.

Cons

I dd not find the reports to be very advanced but for sure most of people does not need it as I came from Quickbooks/

What if You Could Billy Today?

Billy takes care of an important part of my companies financiel overviews. This is great. Having said that, we are keeping are eyes open to a possible alternative, for reasons mentioned above.

Pros

The cheer amount of functionality is what I like most of Billy software. And even though they have been critiseded a lot, they kept going and improving the software. That must not have been easy. Yet, they persisted and kept development going.

Cons

Last September Billy mailed that they were looking for funding to the next set of major features. That I did not see coming and made me worrry. One could argue that by now Billy should make enough to selfsustain and develop furter. Mixed emotions.

Sunrise accounting

Overall I like sunrise- great value!

Pros

This is great software if your just starting out. Perfect for bookkeeping and invoicing.

Cons

I haven’t tapped into all it has but there is some automation I wish it had.

Jeff, we are ecstatic you had a pleasant experience with Sunrise. You should not be jumping over hurdles when it comes to bookkeeping. Thank you for the great review!

Great and cheap but I'd rather pay a bit more to have better customer management tools.

Easy and quick to use.

Pros

Easy to use. No real software learning required. Keeps track of my invoices easily. I'm not sure what else to say???

Cons

Customer management has incredibly limited options. We have customers with multiple addresses etc. No customer note field. Email invoices to more than one email at a time.

Hi John, we hear you and have added features to enhance our customer management system to our roadmap. Thanks for the feedback.

So good, so far

I have just begun using Billy as I found another popular software that my accountant uses to be to complicated for my reptilian brain. Billy is great because I get the detail I love, but that the accountant doesn't need. I have no fear of making errors and messing her up. Sounds like double work, but it isn't. Making my life smoother.

Pros

Love the dashboards. Love that it is simple, pretty and easy to learn and use.

Cons

I have very few invoices which need statements. I am assuming with the upgrade, I could print customer reports etc.