The Mortgage Office

Web-based mortgage and loan servicing software

The Mortgage Office Reviews - Page 4

Outstanding Service

The entire staff at TMO are awesome! They're always ready to help you with any questions or concerns you might have. I highly recommend this software to anyone who enjoys an easy life.

Pros

Cons

I've been using this for a few years and as of today, I can't think of any cons.

Best fit for our company

So far our experience has been very good with TMO. They have been very responsive and flexible with some of our unique needs.

Pros

The ability to automatically debit loan payments via ACH, automatically post the loan payments and then push out the payment splits to all of our participants via ACH was critical for us and TMO delivered. Additionally, the software is built to serve smaller loan originators and servicers like us as opposed to other systems that are more geared toward larger users like a bank or credit union. We also felt that the software was more intuitive that others we had demoed.

Cons

We are just in the process of installing it so we haven't had an opportunity to really use it yet. The single biggest con we are aware of is that the software lacks open API's which will make it a little more difficult to integrate with our other systems.

The WOW Servicing Software

TMO never fails to impress in their up-to-date upgrades and ease of use. Our company has been a customer for 8 years so far and are glad we chose their software.

Pros

Ease of use, extra modules for reporting to investors.

Cons

N/A

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] Is A Rockstar - Praise and Pay Raise!!

Support services from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] have been exceptional! He has provided very thoughtful and intentional personal customer service. His expertise has been very helpful as our team works towards improving our utilization of the software and understanding what data is being pooled. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is our helpful expert concierge for TMO providing great insight on how to have the database grow with our business.

Pros

Ability to customize grid and some report templates

Cons

Ability to track progress of foreclosures, bankruptcy, covid-19 loan deferrals, options to share reminders with select team members to name a few

Excellent software package for servicing loans in your portfolio

Pros

The learning curve was easy and its very user friendly

Cons

Have no criticisms - very usable and does a good job supporting our needs.

The Mortgage Office (TMO)

Pros

The Smart View Option. I can now sort accounts by days past due for easy reporting.

Cons

That the Trust Balance includes any funds in reserve as well as escrow.

Simple but Great

Pros

This software is very simple and user friendly.

Cons

Wish it has more reports options, more function in the reporting area.

The Mortgage Office

Pros

Customer Support is always there to help whenever it is needed. Good value for the money. Software is extremely versatile, and is easy to use.

Cons

Finally something that works right.

Pros

Ease of use, ability to customize and the help options.

Cons

Probably the cost, very little I do not like.

My experience with the mortgage office

It was brutal. We used it for about 1.5 years, and the final straw was when we felt coerced to pay more money or they would disable our access to our data under threat from their lawyers that we breached contract. This formal letter from their lawyer was also how we were notified of this supposed “issue”

Pros

Automated payments Loan management Been in the industry a long time

Cons

The software was very rigid Every support call came with a cost They threatened to hold our data hostage if we didn’t pay an extra $10,000.00 USD for breach of contract (because we used the software on multiple devices and the contract said we were only able to use it on one pc. (We use virtual pc and work from 3 different office locations)

Let's keep things simple: TMO is the best, period.

Pros

The TMO team has a comprehensive understanding of our business, the expertise and extensive knowledge of real estate investments, and the mortgage industry which is highly necessary in this industry. What makes this company to be the best its their people. They are the greatest asset of this firm. They are a team of professionals who work hard, strive for professional growth and find innovative solutions for their customers.

A strong tool

This is a powerful and useful program. In my old job, I serviced 60-80 active loans at any given time using work-arounds in Excel. It was a little stressful and time consuming with Excel. Now, in my new position, I comfortably service nearly 200 (and counting) active loans. The icing on the cake is the great customer support. They are very patient and really take their time walking you through your needs and questions. I highly recommend taking the two day training seminar at their offices after you've been using the program for six to twelve months.

The Mortgage Office

The Mortgage Office software has been a vital tool in streamlining the operations and increasing the efficiency of our company. The information maintained by the software and attention to detail that it allows has been crucial in maintaining a high quality of service for our clients. In addition, the improvements to our internal reporting thanks to TMO has made a significant impact on our business. The...

Cons

Does everything you need it to do, and with a streamlined interface.

Ability to focus on core business functions while still maintaining portfolio awareness.

Pros

Contains all necessary functionality and automates many day to day tasks. Reports and customization options gives you a quick way to find what you need to find rapidly and present those findings in a coherent manner. It does what it is supposed to do flawlessly.

Cons

Accounting interface to QuickBooks is new and limited in functionality. The initial implementation was a large amount of work and required tweaking once the data was in the system, but that is more or less par for the course with any new software.

Love the Loan office

Everything has been great! We have moved all of our loans over and starting to use the program on a daily basis to service our loans.

Pros

Very easy to use. The transition has been very easy.

Cons

No features we do not like. Everything is great so far.

Very Easy to Use

Overall, I am impressed, especially by the ability to customize fields and save in formats that are ready for presentations to the board, or management.

Pros

The software helps with integrating a number of functions. These include loan tracking, loan payment processing, document storage, workflow automation, and reporting functionalities. You can also customize fields in the software, and save spreadsheets for future use. Its availability on both cloud and site-based adds more convenience.

Cons

The software comes with so many functions that will require users to go through regular tips and tutorials. Such features are not included, either on the software or by the use of regular emails.

MJLB Lender Services first time using Software

I loved the Orientation, as the support team is very clear and concise in walking you through all the steps. Any confusion in the process is cleared with calling the Support Team.

Pros

I am Peggy Bader and I am a private lender dealing in short term 1st Mortgages for Real Estate Investors. My business was run manually with excel spreadsheets. The company growth kept me working 24-7. I challenged my Bookkeeper to find me software. She researched & said TMO was the best & in business 42 years. The Orientation from the Support Team was very clear and thorough. When we went live, the software came together and in the end it is so easy that it has cut my working time down by more than 1/2! This software is truly my Dream Come True!!

Cons

The integration process was very easy for my business. The learning process was very complex and difficult to understand in the beginning. I do think that there needs to be more Documentation and User Manuals, that can be consistently referred to, especially in teaching new and older employees.

Great Software

We have used The Mortgage Office since inception and love that it was cost effective when we were just starting out, but powerful enough to grow with us.

Pros

I really appreciate how easy this software is to us. I also love that I can log in from anywhere.

Cons

There seems to be a lot of updates. Any other problems we have had were easily solved with their great customer service.

TMO Software Review of NHS of Greater Berks, INC

We are self-servicing our 1000 second lien residential loans. Previously, a large partner bank had provided this service but the timing of report submissions was not practical. TMO allows me real time updates on reporting.

Pros

Ease of report generation and trust account migration.

Cons

At times, the volume of drop down choices is overwhelming.

Very detailed software, plenty of add on features as your company grows.

Better loan tracking, up to date web publishing for our clients. Notifications for direct deposit transfers, amortization and history reports with ease.

Pros

The ease of use, the software can be used for big and small companies and is not limited to a specific type of loan service. Fast response to questions and patient tech service help.

Cons

Limitations to tasks on one account at a time. If you are working on an account and need to stop and address another account you must exit your current project to start the new task and then reopen to go back. This is a double edged sword though, if you did not close out the current task to open a new one there is a greater chance of mistakes.

Exceptional

Pros

Mortgage loan payment processing via ACH making it a much faster process than previous.

Cons

Data entry task can be convoluted or not always clear and frustrating.

It was a very productive training

Makes our work much more easier.

Pros

It's very user friendly type of software and easy to navigate. It helps our day to day work much more easier .

Cons

not 100% catered in Canadian settings. it would be very nice in the future to be fully outfitted in Canada.

Short Time User

Our organization has been utilizing "The Mortgage Office" for loan tracking for a total of 11 days. Even though we are a short time user, the setup was very easy and understandable. Processing loan payments are quick and accurate (as long as all your dates are correct). The training we received in December before implementation was very useful and assisted in the original setup of the product. We are still learning all the reports and functions but support has been great in assisting and we are currently working with them to possibly create a custom report for our use. Once we completely understand all the features this software will be a great benefit to our organization.

Pros

Cons

The difficulty of customized reports

This new software is very comprehensive and will streamline our loan servicing.

Streamlining our Servicing Procedures. Saving ample amount of time running invoices and reports manually.

Pros

That it allows my company to have a central database to view our portfolio in real time. I like that I have the ability to set the security for each user. I love that I can see an overview of all of the loans when i open the program as well.

Cons

Its a learning process, and it will take me some time to understand all of the functionality of the software. I am the only person that is setting up our portfolio, and I am really relying on the Help function, as well as customer support.

The Mortgage Office from the Perspective of the Auditor

Our firm has been auditing in the private lending, or more commonly referred to "Mortgage Pool", industry for nearly 20 years. As the partner lead of our firm's mortgage pool practice, I have been auditing clients that use The Mortgage Office for nearly 15+ years and I can attest to the fact that TMO is the most prevalently used software platform in the industry. From an audit perspective, the software...