TrackMySubs

Subscription tracking and management solution

TrackMySubs Reviews

Pros

This is really a tool about helping you save money, and that's the best kind of tool.

Brent R.

I love the email reminders on when payments are coming out too. It's definitely handy to know and the online customer support is great.

Emma H.

A great place to keep track of the ever expanding number of subscriptions we use. Thanks guys, great product.

Jonathan P.

Cons

Then again, I probably have more than most people would have to worry about.

I find that the searching options are harder to get to and there are no keyboard shortcuts yet which slow down the speed at which I can use it.

Isaac N.

I tend to not pay attention to all emails because I've alot coming in and I tend t o miss some notifications.

Femi S.

4.8

I love this software! Easy to use and effective at managing subscriptions!

It helps me keep track of my subscriptions, cancel before they charge again when I'm not renewing and overall manage my cash flow. I feel a lot more in control of my subscription payments and am no longer surprised by charges I didn't expect showing up on my credit card.

Pros

TrackmySubs is easy to use, effective, and (dare I say?) fun! It's easy to get started and now, anytime I add a subscription payment, it's part of my workflow to add the details into TrackmySubs right away. Although it seems like I could keep track of my subscriptions using an Excel file or something else like that, the truth is that I never did that- and anyway, I didn't set up Excel to email...

Cons

There is little that I don't like about the software. I think that the set up of non-monthly subscriptions could be slightly more intuitive- i.e. when you set up a subscription that renews every 6 months, it's not immediately clear how to do that. It's possible- and easy to do once you know how, but that was the only slight faltering I had in using the software from the start.

Finally a solution for all these expenses to be organized

I like it. The dates feature and due date really comes in handy and saved my money

Pros

Track my subs is a good solution to organize those softwares you pay for and keep track of due dates. It helps me keep track of bills and better estimate expenses way better than spreadsheets

Cons

No offline solution. It would be nice to have a solution i can sync and use anywhere especially since I don't have internet access all the time

TrackMySubs- A fantastic subscription tracker

It's always good for me to be notified before making any payment due to workload. TrackMySubs is an excellent tool to overcome such issues. It resolves payment problems, and that's all a customer need.

Pros

I started using TrackMySubs and found it impressive in terms of saving money. It is best for those who are not good at remembering like me or having many workloads and can't manage their subscriptions manually. TrackMySubs look after these subscriptions, let you know the prior redemption date, and save your wallet from unwanted subscriptions. TrackMySubs offers a free trial and also has a premium version. The premium version offers different plans at a reasonable price; It's not too expensive to save my money. I can view all subscriptions in my preferred currency, updated daily with international exchange rates. To be alert, I can receive alerts at a time that suits me. It's a fantastic platform that manages our wallets daily.

Cons

Minimal features are available in the free version, like just 10 MB space, only one alert per sub, and just three folders with three payment types. The other features are attractive.

Thought it might help you or someone else to try it

Pros

It's user friendly in that it's easy to learn quickly how to do something very basic.

Cons

Not really anything bad id say just not over stated...

Thought I didn't need it, now I don't want to be without it

Initially I thought this was a dumb, unnecessary product. Sorry. Really! I'm sorry! I can't believe I almost disregarded it due to feature blindness. I've tried Plutio, Notejoy, and Airtable to track my subs and LTDs. They work, sort of, but none of them does what Track My Subs is so exquisitely designed to do. It's easy to use, ticks all the boxes, and helps me save money. I could have organised my purchases in a spreadsheet for free, but not with all these features—and the features are a lot more useful than I thought they'd be. This is one subscription (to rule them all) I'm happy to pay for.

Pros

Seeing just how much $ is flowing out in subscriptions is eye opening! And it's really gratifying to be able to see what I'm saving from the life time deals I've bought. I love being able to organise everything with folders and tags. When I'm tempted by another LTD or subscription-based product, it's easy to see whether or not I already have a few comparable products tucked away, unused. What I love the most about TrackMySubs are the reminders, and the inbuilt system for recording how much I've saved due to remembering that the bill is coming before the due date.

Cons

Sometimes the logo doesn't load properly, and it's hard to change. I wish the colour code for the graphs would be consistent, and retain the colours of those items already entered instead of assigning new colours for everything every time something new is added.

The Must Have Software Track List

Overall TrackMySubs alerts my finance department and me of future software payments that are due. Just set a "before date" and you will receive a detailed email. This way we are able to check to see if the software in question is still being actively​ used or not and we can decide​ to cancel, renew, or maybe add users to a specific​ application. Having reports with your spending per month or whatever you so desire to see is hugely​​ beneficial. In one instance we found we had a second​ subscription and were able to reduce cost by cancelling.​

Pros

TrackMySubs is without a doubt the easiest way to keep an eye on your software expenses.​ Monthly, quarterly, yearly, you name it. Like always, S..t in is S..t out, so make sure you keep your list up to date.

Cons

There is not much to dislike about this application. The developer​ , Gabe, is always improving and tweaking the software. I wish I had found it earlier!

TrackMySubs is a go to tool

I know what cloud-based tools and subscriptions I have. They are organized in a way that I can find what I am looking for. You can track when your subscriptions renew and your recurring costs.

Pros

I have SO MANY subscriptions and cloud-based services that I either subscribe to or purchased. Keeping track of them was a nightmare. I would lose track. Then I came across TrackMySubs. Love this tool. You can organize your subs into folders e.g. Social Media tools, video tools, content creation tools, SEO, etc. Because of TMS I know what tools and I have and they are organized by function.

Cons

Not crazy about subscription based software. Much prefer to be able to just buy what I want outright. Still, this tool is a good value even on the subscription model. If you can get a lifetime license, GO FOR IT!

A clear overview of all my subscription and their renewal dates

TrackMySubs has saved me quite some money! That's the main reason I decided to use it. The team continually adds new features, and it is great to have seen this product mature over the past couple of years.​

Pros

When I subscribe to a new SAAS or another service​, I enter the billing details in TrackMySubs. A week before the due date (or earlier), I receive a notification. ​ Besides, I get a monthly update with all the upcoming payments, ​so I am never taken by surprise when a yearly subscription renews.

Cons

On the one hand,​ it is a bit pricey for a simple product, but on the other hand, it has proven itself a couple of times by alerting​ me in time to cancel a subscription; TrackMySubs pays for itself!

The easy way to manage all those Subscriptions

I started with a free trial but I intend to purchase so I can keep using this software. I cannot imagine losing all this valuable information.

Pros

I like being able to enter each of my subscriptions in one place. I am able to enter the date my subscription is due even if it is monthly or yearly. Plus I can see how much I am spending on my subscriptions and know when to expect them to come out of my payables account. I can put stop and start dates and make notes to help me recall important information.

Cons

Since I started using TrackMySubs they have added more than I could have wished for. I cannot think of anything at the moment.

Great Tracking Software for my website business

It's a great piece of software that I have used for over a year to help manage my business.

Pros

I like the fact I can track my website hosting revenue which may times comes due annually. I can also track my costs for tools which may come due monthly or annually. Another great feature is to track lifetime deals - the amount I spent to improve my business. The software allows you to create folders and copy the subscription to the folder. It summarizes costs or revenue for the individual folders as well as all subscriptions. I can see at a glance whether I'm making money for my hosting business. The software also sends emails on that you can configure for reminders of due dates for revenue as well as costs.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to export the folder information to a spreadsheet, although, there is a reporting feature.

TrackMySubs is one of my favorite apps and I use it all the time to track all my recurring payments.

Helps me budget, keep track of every subscription and recurring payment both personally and in my online business. I've noticed that so many services are subscription based these days and to be honest I actually prefer subscriptions because it's incentive for companies to provide a good service and keep their service or product up to date.

Pros

I like that at a glance I can see how much money I am spending on every subscription and every recurring payment I have. Before I used this tool I would waste so much money subscribing to stuff which I then forgot to cancel, things like insurances which I used to set and forget are now front of mind and lets me easily find better deals without having to dig through paperwork. I've got it set up so...

Cons

I can't really think of anything bad about this software - other than I wish I'd had it for the past 20 years, rather than just the last year! Probably the only negative is that they don't have an affiliate or credit system set up because I've probably recommended about 10 people to TMS in the past year already! But seriously, it's no big deal. It costs barely more than a coffee a month it's pretty much a no brainer buy.

Great idea but it just isn't "sticky".

Who doesn't want to uncover recurring subscriptions you forgot about or be slapped in the face by how much of your disposable income goes out the door with all those seemingly small monthly payments? Well, the latter is a bit harsh but a good eye opener! The UI has been continually been getting more stable and refined since I started using it. I'm not unhappy I made the purchase, I just need more discipline for using it & paying attention to the notices I've set up for myself!

Pros

It's a great place to manage all of my subscriptions, break them down by category (business vs. personal folders, for example) and set reminders for upcoming renewals so you don't miss out on renewal pricing / forget to cancel depending on your goal. Also, the price is insignificant enough and chances are it'll pay for itself.

Cons

I don't know what it is - perhaps it's just me - but I don't find the software "sticky". I'm not clamouring to insert my latest purchase in the software and sadly, I've conditioned myself (probably by setting up too many alerts a week out, a few days out, the day prior) to "safely ignore" emails from TrackMySubs. Maybe I should just leave the default reminder but what if I'm busy that day? It's a great idea in concept but it's yet another manual task to stay on top of - especially on the entry side. Then again, I probably have more than most people would have to worry about.

Lovely UI! Made me think about my business expenses. Underused as a few holes in meaningful reports.

Better understanding of regular business expenses. Quick snapshot of subscriptions and monthly cashflow outgoings.

Pros

Made/makes me think about my/our expenses as a small business. The UI is awesome, nice work! Having the logos in there means you can get a quick snapshot where things are at. Th email reminders also are a great feature to build on. Calendar was a good addition, ability to subscribe to a feed down the track maybe?

Cons

Reporting is not meaningful enough without us being able to segment. We are small, this would only apply to our use case, but we have our business expenses and large household (like mortgage). It would be great to be able to get a 'payments left this month' total and graph for just our Business expenses by using the filters in the reports.

Hi Gareth, Thanks so much for the review! You can filter your reports by clicking on the folders in the key of each chart. This will turn the data on and off in the reports dynamically for whichever you select. I'd love to know if this is the feature you were after. Feel free to reach out to me if you have any trouble. cheers, Gabe

TrackMySubs Saves me money

It saves me real money and simple to use

Pros

I subscribed to TrackMySubs mid-2018 and have been using it on a daily basis. This simple tool brings a lot of value/save money by reminding me of my otherwise forgotten subscriptions. The chrome extension is a real-time saver, can add a subscription in a few clicks without even logging to website. Can't thank you guys for creating such a useful tool.

Cons

Honestly couldn't ask for anything better.

I love TMS!!

Pros

Track My Subs is really easy to use and does exactly what it claims to. I love that I can tag my subs to group them and also put them in folders. And I really love being able to set multiple custom reminders for upcoming renewals and add notes to those reminders. Track My Subs has saved me loads of money by notifying me when a subscription renewal is coming up. I have saved a lot of money by canceling subscriptions that I otherwise wouldn't have.

Cons

There really isn't much not to like. It does what it claims to and does it perfectly. Maybe the UI could be a little nicer if I really have to find something :)

Track My Subs Will SAVE YOU MONEY!!!!!

Pros

Helps you stay on top of trial memberships, so that you can unsubscribe before being charged. The amount of times I've subscribed to a software for a trial and forget that the trial was going to end, and I really didn't want to continue my membership and was charged, I cannot count, and this is VERY FRUSTRATING WHEN THIS HAPPENS, WHICH IS WHY IM USING CAPS AS I WRITE THIS SENTENCE...LOL

Cons

Sometimes it doesn't have the logo of the particular service or software, which is a minor point. They don't have yet a mobile app, hopefully this can be resolved too.

I FINALLY know what I'm paying for

Pros

I can track every single one of my subscriptions in this app. I love that I can see exactly what I'm paying monthly for the apps I'm using. The reminders of recurring subscription payments is a lifesaver!

Cons

There are no cons. This is the only app I know of that you can track all your subscriptions EVERYwhere like they've set it up in TrackMySubs.

A tool with great purpose, but not refined enough

TrackMySubs does what it is supposed to do, and does a decent job at it. I feel like they could have expanded the idea more and made it easier to find and add the services you use, but it's still relatively easy to use. If they would only go a bit further and flesh out the feature set, TrackMySubs would be amazing.

Pros

I love that you can track your spending on the various business tools you purchase. You can even track lifetime deals and how much they are saving you, and get reminders when certain tools are set to be renewed. And you are able to integrate with your email, which is amazing. This is really a tool about helping you save money, and that's the best kind of tool!

Cons

TrackMySubs is a bit clunky, and some features are lacking, like the ability to bulk edit your tracked tools. I also found that I could use something like Clickup or another customizable project management tool and get the same features and results with just a little work, and actually do MORE than TrackMySubs. That doesn't mean TMS is bad because it really is pretty affordable and does what it is supposed to do. I think my excitement just died down when I realized they are missing out on some of their potential.

Like being ten again and having my mum to cover for my forgetfulness

I got organised with my subscriptions and am getting more organised with them as the year goes on. I've been able to use it for personal stuff and business. Plus it gives me a heads up and enough time to consider whether I truly need the subscription that is coming up.

Pros

I've got a tonne of different subscriptions to remember. The fact that there are over 300 different passwords in my password manager (that's another story) should give you an idea of how many subs I need to keep track of. Trackmysubs records what I've got going on, and then just when I need to know about it gives me a nudge and says "Hey, you know that thing you need to remember, well this is your time to remember it." Love the fact that this software has one job to do, does it so well and is super easy to use and nice to look at. Easier, more interactive and less messy than the spreadsheet work / notifications I was using before.

Cons

The logos that it pulls in are still very US centred so there are a few large well known UK companies like BT who don't get to have their logo uploaded automatically. It makes my wall of subscriptions look a little uneven but I can live with that.

Amazing App

I have saved money from unused subscriptions, as well as those I have previously forgotten about. It is also a great tool to track memberships with local and government authorities, bill payments, loan maturities etc.

Pros

The ease of use and functionality of this app is amazing. It can be used in so many ways. I am currently using it for multiple businesses as well as personal subscription management. The customer support is also outstanding.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind. Any issues arising have been resolved by the developer extremely quickly. I think it's great that there is always the opportunity to leave feedback knowing that it will be addressed in a timely manner.

I wouldn't want to be without it

Pros

It's such an easy way to track what you're paying for and using. It's so easy to forgot what you've signed up for and the next thing is, you've been charged again. I saved the annual cost of TrackMySubs just by cancelling the first subscription I realized I wasn't using. I think it's brilliant and if you're working online, you'd be nuts not to have it.

Cons

Nothing I can think of at the moment. The reminders are regular and great and that about covers what I need.

A must have if you have a lot of subscriptions to manage

In one place, I can track all my subscription, the renewal dates, and for my lifetime deals, it gives me a great report to see how much I am saving versus paying monthly. This software alerts me when a refund period is coming up or when there is a renewal and I am doubtful if I want to keep the subscription.

Pros

The simplicity, the use case it solves, the zapier integration, the reporting, this software is excellent. I was unsure about the use case at first, but this software helps me accurately keep track and manage my subscriptions and gives me alerts when I am near a refund period or renewal.

Cons

The interface can be a little slow, a little clunky. They have made improvements, but I would do a full UI overhaul if I were in charge.

A must if you have a dozen or so recurring expenses

Pros

This is the kind of software that's nice to have as long as the price is right. And, yes, the price is right. It's very easy to use, and the product name literally explains what it does (and only that, which is fine).

Cons

Can't complain much about this, it doesn't do much, but what it does is really good. You just need to make sure the pricing is right for you.

So useful!

It's so easy to become "payment poor" these days, when there are so many subscriptions that one can possibly have. Even those small monthly payments add up and it can get to be too much outlay each month. This app not only displays all your subscriptions in one list, but shows the vital data pertaining to each subscription so an easy decision can be made. And the email notifications are icing on the cake.

Pros

Just a smart and easy way to keep track of my many online subscriptions.

Cons

Nothing. It's a simple app that does what I need it to do and more.

Regain control over your spiralling app subscriptions

Wow, this is one of those apps you didn't know you needed ...until you start using it! TrackMySubs makes it easy to collate information on existing subscriptions, and add new ones as they occur. It figures out monthly outgoings, regardless of whether payment is monthly, annually or for a lifetime deal, or in different currencies. App logos make it easy to pick items out of a list, and you can tag and group apps. A particularly useful feature is being able to set up alerts for when a subscription renewal is due. The number of apps and services using a subscription model can be tricky to monitor, especially for freelancers on a tight budget. I'm delighted to be able to stop worrying about entering my purchases on a spreadsheet and setting up calendar alerts in favour of this neat app.

Pros

The ease of entering each subscription, prompting you to record vital information without getting bogged down in unnecessary detail.

Cons

There is a bit of time delay for executing actions, but a cute app icon of a busy submarine indicates that something is actually happening.