TurboTax Business

Tax preparation for federal & state income tax returns

TurboTax Business Reviews

Pros

TurboTax Business is perfect for small business owners like myself and I highly recommend them. The process is easy and they have reps and the tools needed to guide you along the way if needed.

Melissa C.

My overall experience with TurboTax has been good. I have successfully been able to file on my behalf multiple times and very easily.

I love that TurboTax helps me easily categorize all my business expenses so that I can itemize them and maximize my deductions.

Jeremy G.

Cons

The customer service is terrible, the price is terrible, and the ease of use it terrible.

Jamella G.

My overall experience with TurboTax Business sucks.

Jamella G.

Nothing about this software left a bad taste in my mouth.

Alan N.

Great tool to get your books in line come tax time

Transcript

Jeff T. : Hi, I'm Jeff. I'm the Founder and I give TurboTax Business five stars. For more reviews like...

Started to use, too expensive for needs

Transcript

Faith: Hi, my name is Faith. I work as virtual assistant, and my rating for TurboTax is a four out of...

Using for the past 5 years with success

For anybody who owns a small business with limited payroll I would 100% recommend the software. I have actually recommended it to my friends who file simple 1065 and 1120s returns.

Pros

Very easy process, the system asks specific questions and based on your answers you are guided into placing the data where it needs to be. I'm very familiar with tax returns both personal and business as I am in the financial field and for about 90% of the small business/self-employed people I would recommend the software for ease of use and functionality. Also, customer service and online support services are exceptional.

Cons

This isn't a personal issue but I would not recommend the software to anybody that has significant real estate assets or liquid assets tied to their business. There are just too many areas that require a human eye for tax purposes and deductions that it may be worth spending a few thousand dollars and having a professional file on your behalf.

File your business taxes in an hour

I did not need a CPA; I paid a fraction of what I would have paid a CPA firm

Pros

I couldn't believe how comprehensive yet easy it was to be walked through the process for answering questions and providing data that would calculate my Federal and state taxes.

Cons

It was so thorough that there were a lot of questions that were not relevant to my business so I felt like I was spending too much time on moot things.

"TaxAct Proficient"

Totally love it. It really is more thorough than required.

Pros

The solitary thing that would improve this product is somewhat more capacity to tweak announcing.

Cons

Private alcove announcing could be somewhat more adaptable. Nonetheless, it is a minor issue in the general execution.

Gets worse every year that goes by

TurboTax is a one-stop-shop for the two certainties in life, Death and Taxes, because by the time you're halfway through using their product, you'll be sure to want to blow your brains out.

Pros

The only thing I used to like is that it would sync with other free Intuit products like Mint, but the new version is so buggy that even syncing doesn't work

Cons

1. Suprise charges. Anything you do will sneak attack you with an upcharge for a necessary feature when you're halfway through. For example, the business version will charge you about $175 just for the software, then another $60 or so for your state, and if you're in NYC, it'll try to charge you even more for the city. Even their phone support team didn't know if NYC and NY State were necessary concurrently....

Amazing for Business Owners and Self-Employed

My overall experience has been amazing. Truly a helpful solution to doing your taxes and it is a fraction of the cost of a CPA. Every dollar can count when you're self-employed so saving that little bit during tax season and being at ease knowing you're using a great platform has helped a ton. Highly recommended!

Pros

TurboTax saves a lot of money versus going to a CPA for tax season! It's highly intuitive and easy to use, even while being self-employed and owning my own business. Every year, the financial landscape changes and different sources of income come and go, but TurboTax asks you so many specific questions while working on your tax return that it makes figuring everything out very easy. In cases where I have been confused, a quick google search yields many results from their site and customer support, which have answered every question I've ever had. I've heard that their customer service and guidance is amazing but I haven't needed to use it.

Cons

Occasionally there is a vague question but that is very rare and usually easily answered. Also, at the end of your return, if something is wrong, it won't process its final analysis so you need to go back and find the problem. Sometimes it's easy to find and other times they don't make it pop out so you have to search for a bit to figure out what was missed or what is incorrect.

Turbo love

My overall experience was phenomenal i couldn't of asked for a better tax company to handle my finances.

Pros

I love that turbo always filed my taxes upon no issues nor delays. I always got paid on schedule and they always help fix any issue virtually 24/7.

Cons

I cant say i least like them the company is a great business completely professional i couldn't find any bad reason to dislike the company.

Easy to use.

Straight forward.

Pros

It is straightforward and pretty easy to use. It walks you through each step and if you have questions, you can click to learn more. You can also utilize live tax advisors to help. Also, If you have a simple tax return you can file it free with electronic filing. TurboTax is a great way to get your taxes done.

Cons

I really haven't noticed any cons for this software. The pricing seems reasonable or comparable to other tax software.

Make Taxes Easy

I used to go through an accountant that charged 2-3x what TurboTax does. I always was afraid I would get audited because I made a mistake. Low and behold my accountant made mistakes and I still got audited. After trying my hand at TurboTax I cut expenses massively by dumping the accountant and doing TurboTax.

Pros

Cons

Less a complaint with TurboTax and more with taxes in general, it is extremely tedious and time-consuming, but at least with TurboTax they help make sure I don't miss anything!

Turbo Tax

I file my taxes with TurboTax and am satisfied with how my filings have turned out with TurboTax.

Pros

This software allows me to do my taxes every year for free. They inform me about certain tax breaks I may qualify for and ensure that I fill out all of the necessary paperwork.

Cons

I don't like that the process can take a very long time and that you have to pay a large sum of money to receive assistance.

Turbo Tax Review

customer service is amazing the tech support is on point and I recommended other to used this software for their business.

Pros

The software is very easy to used it's explain everything you need to know to file your taxes correctly

Cons

I don't find any issues wrong with the product I always had good outcome when using the service overall.

You Plug it Chugs

Pros

I’ve used TurboTax, electronic tax preparation software, for three consecutive years to file my state and federal taxes. TurboTax provides e-filing taxes services and assistance for those filing as self-employed, small business, military, and retirement tax purposes. TurboTax will make filing less of a hassle; all you have to do is plug, and it will take care of the chugging for you. Overall, I have...

Cons

Although TurboTax does have a free plan, keep in mind you will still have to pay when e-filing (technically speaking… it’s not exactly free). As an experienced Turbo user for three years now, I have only encountered one experience where Turbo did not catch a mistake; for this reason, I would highly recommend you have one of the CPA/EA’s available to you via TurboTax look over your taxes before...

Yearly Turn to TurboTax to file my own taxes

Pros

Turbotax will keep prior years information saved for next years taxes if you have not had any significant changes you can easily file your taxes without having to locate documents for filing the EITC, employer information, household information etc. There is no cost to file your federal taxes with Turbotax. It sends reminders when your tax return is estimated to come. It allows for you to have access...

Cons

It only saves your information if you pay to upgrade the software if you do not pay your information is lost and you have to input everything like a first time user. There is a cost for your state taxes but it does not seem to be as detailed for state taxes as it is for federal as far as claiming the EITC through State Taxes as well. Because people fraud taxes some answers in the forum or vague and...

Makes Taxes Easy

Overall, I love using the software. Makes doing taxes quick and gives me the confidence that I didn't miss anything. Also, the auto-calculations ensure that there are no mathematical errors on your part.

Pros

I have used TurboTax for Business for years. In addition to being an employee, I also have some of my own Sole Proprietorships. The software walks a person step-by-step through every aspect of his taxes, accounting for all his income and also for all possible deductions and credits. It auto-calculates the totals. Also, you can use the software to file your taxes electronically, which usually results in a very quick refund, if any is due.

Cons

Occasionally, there are special circumstances when you have to do a manual over-ride of the software's calculations, but if you do that then there are times when you can't use the software to file electronically. Your calculations will still be correct, but you'll have to file a printed paper copy and send through the mail rather than electronically. This isn't the case with all manual over-rides, but it can happen.

Highly recommend as a DIY option for income taxes

Pros

TurboTax Business really walks you through everything you need. My taxes aren't extraordinarily complex, but I do run an inventory-based business, so it's more complex than a basic employee tax filing. That said, TurboTax really seems like it can handle the tax situations of quite a lot of people. It's pretty reasonably priced, and asks you questions that walk you through everything. They've got helpful explanations embedded within the software for questions you'd likely have about a specific section. They also have a pretty thorough help section, as well as live support if you need (though I never did). I hadn't ever done my own taxes before (only used H&R Block or similar in the past before owning a business), but I felt like TurboTax was very approachable.

Cons

The only small complaint I have is that if you aren't working on the software for a little while, it logs you out (which is great for security purposes), but then when you log back in, it just takes you to the dashboard and you have to navigate back to the part you were working on. I wish it would give you the option when you log back in of taking you directly to the last page you had been on when it logged you out.

Sole Proprietorship Taxes

Overall, turbotax business is a very good product. It has worked for my practice and as a sole proprietorship it is all that is needed versus an accountant. If you need it for an LLC that is too big, an accountant may be a better choice. If one is self-employed, small business, combines personal and business income, then I would highly recommend.

Pros

A. The user interface is friendly compared to other tax software B. The online version at intuit is user friendly in that you can stop & go anytime you want when filling out sections C. Finds a good amount of credits and deductions I never realized existed as a sole proprietorship and money loss. D. Does a good audit/check at the very end so everything appears filled properly E. Cheaper than an accountant for a small business

Cons

A. The tax breaks & credits at the state level sometimes are not always there B. Some sections are a bit confusing but if you cross check the description or on the IRS website it becomes more self explanatory C. Works well for self employed and small business but larger institutions might have more of a headache

TUrbo Tax Excellent for Small Business

Overall, Turbo Tax for Business make tax prep and preparation of a return a breeze. IN less than one day, with only a little advance tax prep, both state and federal returns were done with ease and no stress.

Pros

I am fully confident in the structure, backup and support that Turbo Tax provides for small business owners. Much cheaper that a tax preparer and as a small business owner cost is key to a profitable year. Turbo tax is so simple and easy to use - anyone can do it with confidence that they are getting all the breaks and benefits allowed in preparing a return whether state or federal.

Cons

I filed for an extension last year through Turbo Tax. when I filed the return, it did not include the fee for filing late so it was a small surprise to get bills from both the State and Feds. In this instance, the amount owed was nominal but in another case things could have been different. Would be good for the software to include late fees/interest/penalties or at least to warn you to check with State and Feds regarding this.

Worth purchasing for complicated returns!

Pros

Turbo Tax is one of the easiest tax programs to use. It stands out for how easy it is to use and its intuitive design and flow. It has a free filing option available, but if one want to take advantage of deduction & credits, one need to pay for it. The software lets you import W-2’s as well as your previous year’s return. Turbo Tax also has good tools for finding errors in your return. It runs a complete final check over both state and federal returns to look for errors and see if there are any deductions or credits you missed.

Cons

It’s most expensive software when compared with others. Free version of this is only viable for simple returns. Filing a regular 1040 will need to go with one of the paid versions.

Perfect Way to File Your Own Taxes If you do a Simple return

Pros

I have been using TurboTax to file my own taxes for about 4 years now. It's consistently getting better and easier to use. My personal information auto-populates from last year and I can import my W-2's easily. It takes me about an hour to file my taxes, quick and easy. I do not have a very complicated tax return but I always feel confident that TurboTax has asked me enough questions to make sure I am getting the maximum return back.

Cons

They charge you more to auto-populate your personal info from last year. I had a question about why I did not qualify for a tax credit this year, none of the help buttons or articles were giving me a clear enough answer. I wanted to speak to a customer service rep in person and I scheduled for them to call me but never received a phone call. When I called I had to go thru the usual automated answer/waiting on hold deal. Defeats the purpose of having a no wait option to request a phone call.

Amazing for your small business

Pros

I've used Turbotax on my personal taxes for years now, and am excited to use it for my small contracting business. I love that everything is so easy to use, explained well, and carried year after year. Also, you can always go back and print things and reload if it wont work. In a modern, paperless world, this is so important. Turbotax will always look for tax breaks for you, and will see if you can qualify for more tax credits - something that every small business needs. I've tried other tax software and this is by far my favourite.

Cons

It can add up quickly. The benefits of doing your own taxes are that you save accountant fees. However, this charges you based on your income and tax return ,so that can always become more expensive. On top of that, I always add the audit defence just to be safe, something I've never needed, but is more costly than filing.

TurboTax crushes the competition

I'm so glad that I switched to TurboTax many years ago, I can't imagine using anything else at this point.

Pros

Integration with third party entities like banks and stock trading firms makes it incredibly easy to input data without a lot of manual intervention.

Cons

The artificial intelligence could use some improvement where it thinks that you want to do a particular task, but it's not always accurate.

Works for the vast majority of small businesses

Pros

It handles a huge amount of unique tax situations and does a decent job "growing" with your needs. The way it can automatically import tax forms and w2s is also wonderful. Our house hold has a w2 employee and two self-employed people and it handles all of our revenue, expenses, schedule Ks, schedule 1099s, and more with ease

Cons

If you want to stop and come back it makes you go back over SSOOOOO many things again and again. To ensure an easy filing, have everything ready to go. Sometimes we like to enter in as much as we can and then finish up a few weeks later when all the forms come in (schedule Ks can take a while). To go back in to enter new information, it forces us to answer the same questions again that we've already answered. Annoying, but not a deal-breaker.

This is Tax software done right.

Our Tax situation as a business is very straightforward and does not require a tax professional to solve, that means software like this has empowered us to file our own taxes and cut out the middleman without losing any deductions or credits as a result.

Pros

TurboTax Business is quite possibly the easiest way to file taxes for small business period. we are using this along side with Quick-books online so integration is seamless. It has all of the forms for every kind of employee and business tax situation including obscure ones like business tangible and Meals Tax in Arlington county. The Audit defense is very helpful if you are worried you made an error while filing (Peace of mind!)

Cons

There have never been any issues using this software for us, the customer service is top notch and always able to help when we don't understand a feature or have a question.

Thank you for saving me money!

Turbo Tax Business is easy to use and has little hassle involved with it. I have used it every year since I started being self-employed and it has kept up to date with the current tax codes. I'm not going to do my taxes with anyone else but Turbo Tax!

Pros

Turbo Tax Business gives you multiple ways to look at how you can save money for your business. You can input deductions and costs and make adjustments without starting all the way over so you know immediately if it helps you or makes you pay Uncle Sam more.

Cons

I always hate putting in my essential info like social security number but it is a necessary thing. I have always felt that Turbo Tax is secure though and I make sure my password is really strong to help fight the hackers any way that I can.

Best Tax Software for Home Use

I would recommend anyone not wanting to pay an arm and leg to have their taxes done to give this software a try! Dont hesitate and just do it! You won't regret it!

Pros

TurboTax is so easy to use, even if you've never used it before. It literally walks you through filing your taxes from beginning to end. I'm no genius by far and have been using TurboTax to do mine and my husband's taxes every year for the past 5 years or so. It makes it so simple by telling you exactly what information you need for each section of the forms and then you have the option to print and send your forms in or efile. It is reasonably priced and so quick to do!

Cons

I don't have any complaints about TurboTax at all!

Streamline your Taxes for your Small Business!

Pros

I love the way you can seamlessly review items or allow the software to guide you. Why? Simple, I save time and am vastly more efficient than if I actually went to a CPA or a tax preparer's office. And if, unlike me, you have a larger business with employees, then it has enough features and tools to help you succeed.

Cons

Outside of a little bit of difficulty retrieving older documents from a few of the screens, nothing stands out to me.