Veryfi Receipts OCR & Expenses Logo

Veryfi Receipts OCR & Expenses

Expense, receipt capture, and project management tool

Veryfi Receipts OCR & Expenses Reviews

User ratings

4.9

• Likelihood to recommend9.54/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

It's easy to use and very effective. I had some issues with my subscription and the customer care has been very helpful.
Not only is the app fantastic, easy to organize and easy to use, but technical support and customer service is A. Any issues at all are handled promptly and professionally.
By far the best feature of this solution is the ability to track expenses and organize them for ease of use later. I have never felt so organized then when I started using this product.
The app will crash after taking a pic of a receipt. It’s easily fixed by downloading the new version but is frustrating at times.
I constantly am having to update the vendor due to missing or wrong information. I also had a bit of an issue importing documents from my previous solution.
Occasionally the software will parse the receipt information incorrectly, or part of an email receipt will get cut off when it's reformatted.

Veryfi Receipts OCR & Expenses users...

Expensify-logocaret

Expensify

Quickbooks Online-logocaret

Quickbooks Online

Itemize-logocaret

Itemize

ExpensePoint-logocaret

ExpensePoint

How would you rate Veryfi Receipts OCR & Expenses?

Nice expenses management

Pros

Ease of use and straight forward. It will help you have control of your expenses

Cons

Can’t edit categories from the app. Too expensive for individual or personal use.

Hi Sergio, thank you for your feedback. To edit categories inside the mobile app all you have to do is swipe the Inbox > Categories > Category cell to reveal the edit option. Inside the web product it's pressing the button with 3 dots stacked on-top to reveal more options around managing Categories. This video explains nicely how to manage your Inbox https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArwDHUPTdeI&list=PLkA-lFc8JUY5WXYFxFrHTvzFybcCR918r&index=3&t=0s Feel free to reach back if you have more questions. Best, ~ Ernest (cofounder)

Veryfi Review

Pros

- I like how I can organize my receipts project based as we work heavily project based on accounting and finances. - I like how easy the integration between Veryfi and Quickbooks Online, which is our primary accounting software. - I like how quick it is to scan a receipt. I've tried demos of many other apps and Veryfi is by far the fastest and most accurate option when scanning receipts as the machines work for you, not people as in competitors. - I think it has a very fair pricing.

Cons

- Tax syncing is not always accurate from the receipt. Sometimes I have to manually adjust the correct tax amount.

Thank you kindly for your feedback and positive ratings. Best, Ernest (cofounder) PS. Please reach out to support@veryfi.com so we can look into the tax syncing point you made.

The customer service is excellent! If you have any confusion, there is always help available!

Pros

It has all the features that I require and it looks very professional. Again, the customer service is amazing!

Cons

I found the learning curve was a little much, but any confusion was due to my own negligence. If you put the time in, the results will be there.

How it should be done

Pros

- Receipt scanning is super fast and beautifully accurate. Much faster than the competition I tried. - It is easy to scan receipts consisting of multiple pages - Recording tip and tax portions of a receipt is well done.

Cons

Nothing, this is exactly what I was looking for, beautifully done and the only one really satisfying what I wanted.

Jan, love your feedback! Thank you so much Jan. I've shared this lovely feedback with the team and they had smiles all round. All the best, Ernest (cofounder)

Great app to manage my expenses!

Pros

Their OCR tech to recognize and categorize receipts just works! The app is very easy to use and does its job perfectly. On top of that, they have a great integration with various software such as Dropbox, Quickbooks and so on.

Cons

Nothing really that would keep me from using it! Very minor bugs here and there but they keep fixing them and they're constantly improving the app. I can't complain. This is a great app all around.

Simple Intuitive Software that is so POWERFUL!

Well thought out software that has been designed to be as easy and efficient as possible using the technology most business owners already have at their finger tips.

Pros

This software makes financial administration so much easier and less time consuming. It is a pleasure to us and this powerful technology will make your life a lot easier and give you your time back.

Cons

There were not really any cons but it would be good to have a folder system for supplier monthly account receivable statements that can be forwarded by email directly to them if that function is not already available.

Thank you so much for the lovely feedback Justin! ~ Ernest

Very Useful and very easy

Excellent: very useful and very intuitive.

Pros

My niece told me this app and I recommended it to all my co-worker. It very easy to use and very useful.

Cons

That the receipts should be on a dark surface to take a picture.

Carmelita, Thank you for your feedback and support! Regarding taking pictures on a dark surface, it can be any background as long as there is contrast so the automatic crop detection can remove it from the final picture. You can also try taking the picture in your hand and it will work :-) Stay tuned for a big upgrade to our IOS coming shortly. Best, Ernest (cofounder)

We're Enjoying VeryFi

Overall I'd highly recommend using VeryFi. We're enjoying it so far.

Pros

We use VeryFi to scan foreign currency receipts because it then converts them to USD before uploading them with Quickbooks

Cons

The software does appear to be a bit "Beta" in terms of the back-end.

Hi Robert, Thank you for your feedback and lovely ratings! Can you please email me with more detail about the Con. Would love to know what you mean by Beta. We are constantly making updates and improvements so maybe this ongoing activity is sending the wrong message? Best, Ernest

Loving this App

Totally positive overall experience. Definitely making my life easier.

Pros

It's so easy to use, and easy to build positive personal finance habits around.

Cons

it's pretty pricey, and you can't batch change certain things about receipt scans, and it doesn't pick up the currency from the receipt.

Thank you so much for your support and feedback. In regards to batch changes (bulk editing), this article sheds more light on how it's done inside Veryfi => https://www.veryfi.com/howto/bulk-actions-editing/ Best, Ernest (cofounder)

Use it for 6 months and save my time on tax preparation. Well done, guys.

Pros

Because it categorizes and transfer to Excel and other formats. So instead of collect each receipt and keep it physically and spend a half day before Tax day, you can just open Excel and everything is ready for your Tax preparer person.

Cons

Thank you for your support Nick! Great review & feedback.

Veryfi OCR is very powerful

10/10 will purchase and recommend veryfi OCR

Pros

I like how I can get each line items in json format. I also like how the OCR AI reads up different parts of the invoice

Cons

New line causes text to return as something different

Michael, thank you so much for the nice review and rating! Re the new line, shoot an email to support@veryfi.com so we can investigate this behavior. The system is constantly re-trained so I expect this to go away soon if not already :-) Best, Ernest

Great for expense tracking

Pros

It is so simple to use Veryfi. It tracks all purchases, categorizes them, and simplifies bank reconciliation. Overall it is a great time saver!

Cons

I honestly do not have any cons right now. I have just started using this software and I need more time to evaluate if there are issues or cons to it.

Thank you Jonathan for your feedback and support! Let us know how you go with the evaluation and any feedback on where we can improve the product. All the best, Ernest (cofounder)

Great time saving app

I'm only using it for receipts, but so far it makes keeping and tracking expenses almost fun.

Pros

I like how Veryfi takes the hassle out of managing receipts. Whereas previously I scanned receipts in one step and entered them into Quickbooks as a separate step, I now do it all in one simple step using Veryfi.

Cons

I've only been using Veryfi for a few weeks, but so far I don't have any negatives.

Hi Jeff, Thank you for your feedback and rating! We are constantly looking at ways to streamline the process. Glad to see the Quickbooks integration is going great for you. If you have feedback on what we could do better then please don't hesitate to reach out to us on support@veryfi.com ~ Ernest (cofounder)

I set up one of my larger clients in March on Veryfi. We have been extremely pleased.

This software allows the owner or any admin to access any receipt at any time to verify items purchased and it covers your bases in the event of an audit, where I guarantee you will need those receipts. We have it set up to back up to drop box also as a backup for all receipts.

Pros

I love that all receipts flow perfectly to QBO and that I was able to set catch accounts for when employees leave out the payment method or the expense account. I can still download from the cc bank and match those to the veryfi entries.

Cons

I look forward to them adding the new QBO job costing "projects". This I believe will complete enhance the program greatly and so increase it's usefulness.

Why you need Veryfi

See above.

Pros

The AI is remarkable. It takes me no more than 30 seconds to complete all of the information and picture data for any expense item. Then I'm done. No box of receipts to organize. No wasted time. Wish this product was available years ago. I have literally spent days collecting and organizing this type of data for our CPA in past years.

Cons

The fact that it wasn't available 10 years ago.

Love it! Thank you so much for your support and sharing your feedback on Veryfi. Best, Ernest

It works

Does it’s job- tracks

Pros

Multiple apps for different tasks -Miles ,time and expenses

Cons

Confusing features hard to find How it works

Hi Philip, Thank you for your feedback! Regarding "how it works". We have something which might help. (a) Video Tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkA-lFc8JUY5WXYFxFrHTvzFybcCR918r (b) FAQ: https://faq.veryfi.com/ and (c) support@veryfi.com are always eager to hear from our users. Feel free to reach out anytime. Best, Ernest (cofounder)

The easiest way to save receipts!

I use IQ BOXY for both personal and business, I started with the free subscription and after trying it out for a couple of weeks I decided to get the paid subscription. Their customer service is outstanding, emails are answered in less than 24 hours. Extremely helpful, looking to improve and add other features all the time. It is easy to use and a very clean looking app.

Pros

Easy to use, very responsive customer service. Modestly priced.

Cons

Their web version needs some improvements which they are working on.

Marie, thank you so much for your lovely feedback and support! Much appreciated. PS. IQBoxy has a new name! VERYFI ~ Read the announcement => https://www.veryfi.com/news/iqboxy-is-now-veryfi/ Best, Ernest (cofounder)

Painless

Organization

Pros

The features that I enjoyed the most about this app are its ease of use and intergration with other accounting apps that I use frequently. I found the layout and setting up of my account very intuituve, and adding my scans was simple with the OCR doing a pretty good job of accuratley adding my reciepts. Even when it did not the process to manually enter them was easy.

Cons

There isnt anything that stands out so far that really comes across as a con to me. Possibly better OCR but it usually picks up whatever I try to scan.Other than the fact you have to pay to use the full version lol! Maybe some different colored themes, I dont know all in all its a good app and hit every aspect of what I was looking for

Joshua, Thank you so much for the lovely review and great feedback! Re OCR, always working on it :-) We don't augment with humans to guarantee top notch data-privacy. Btw I'd love to hear from you what we could do better with customer support. ~ Ernest (cofounder)

Software was exactly what I wanted and needed. They was doing great, then sent foul message uncalle

It takes care of my business expenses and does what I need. I have no receipt paper and allows my life and business to be in balance.

Pros

Easy to use and does what I need it to do. If I have to choose a software, it would perform these functions.

Cons

That email and correspondence. The way the company treats its long time paying customers supporting its growth who was liking the product, when asked to give recommendation, gave time to see if they would treat someone who supports them and pay their premium to use their product every month in such a way. Given time, they showed what I wanted to see them not do.

Great Product!

QuickBooks Online has a receipt scanning feature that allows you to scan your receipts in and match them to expenses. The problem was that I had gotten 3 years behind on scanning receipts in. Veryfi scans them in and automagically matches them to past receipts so that I do not have to go back through and search for them. It's been a life-saver!

Pros

This product integrates with QuickBooks Online and helped to get my receipt mess sorted out.

Cons

Sometimes when using the mobile app, receipts are scanned twice.

Michael, thank you for your review. I'll double check what's going on with the double scans but if they do occur again please reach out to us on support@veryfi.com ~ Rusty

Does exactly what we need it to

Pros

We needed a tool that would eliminate wasted time spend scanning and catagorizing receipts. Does exactly that.

Cons

Price is a little on the high side, maybe we need to dig deeper into functionality.

Brian, Thank you for your positive feedback and support. ps. don't forget to schedule a free 1:1 training session with us => https://www.veryfi.com/schedule-complimentary-demo/

Nice and purposeful. Works like a charm

Digital record of my receipts with easy search and report functions.

Pros

I have all my receipts always with me. I can look up receipts from last year in seconds. That is important too me.

Cons

During the time that i have been using Verify aside for some minor bugs which have been corrected, I cant say I have any cons.. its constant evolution has ensured it continues to suprise me.

Awesome! Great feedback! Thank you for the support Gerry.

Awesome and transformative software

Totally way cool.

Pros

Fast. Accurate. Easy. Straight forward application.

Cons

The long receipt function may need a little more work. It took four hours of practice to scan one receipt.

Ronni, thank you for the nice feedback! Re the long receipt, it has came a long way since Nov 2020. Give it a spin and let us know what you think :-) // Rusty

This reviewer only left a rating

Since I am a solo owner business this app makes it super easy for me to track expenses in a way that does not take hours and hours. it's easy to set up and use.

Pros

great and simple experience setting up and using this app. I love how simple it is to set up and use. it makes my business expense tracking really simple and straightforward and easy and that's pretty wonderful.

Cons

So far there is not a single thing I can think of that I would change. it's all great to use and all very easy easy easy!

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback and ongoing support! Best, Ernest (cofounder)

This App Makes it EASY

Pros

Once I realized I could also use this company for mileage as well through their Logbook app it was a done deal! The receipt scanning is pretty smart and uploads the picture to quickbooks for me. I love how I can email a receipt and have everything else taken care of. Good option especially for small businesses like myself.

Cons

There's an initial learning curve especially on the desktop part, but it just takes a few minutes to get familiar.

Thank you Kevin for the feedback :-) Let me know how we can win extra 2 stars to your Veryfi experience.