Bill4Time Reviews - Page 4

Bill4time has simplified our billing process and made it much more efficient.

better productivity

Pros

Bill4time was recommended by several other attorneys. After the 30 day trial period I was convinced to purchase the program. For over 20 years our firm has used TimeSlips. The reports for billing productivity are simple and easy to run. To be able to input time or review billing productivity from any location or device has made more efficient use of my firm management time.

Cons

The cost of the software is more than we have paid with past systems, but it pays for itself because we spend less administrative time and lose less billing time due to the ability to record time from mobile devices.

Solo practitioner in NY

Pros

Mobile platform. Good customer service. LEDES exporting.

Cons

You can't show write offs on the bill. you can't print an invoice with your own notes on it. You can't apply one check to multiple invoices. So I can't use it to track payments. It doesn't differentiate between checks and wires.

Product works great, easy, intuitive. fair price. Great customer service

Made my billing efficient and easy--at a very reasonable price.

Pros

It's intuitive, easy to use. Reports are simple to run. It has the capacity for unlimited clients and matters. The client statements are easily customizable, one-click into PDF for quick emailing. Accounting feature very helpful as well.

Cons

Easy to use and understand

Pros

Payment application is easy to follow Invoicing is easy to follow It is easy to edit client account information

Cons

Credit memos cannot be applied to open invoices. There is no way to print statements for outstanding balances only. I have several clients with statements over 10 pages because the statement goes back to the beginning of time.

We were up and running within 2 days.

Pros

I've been using a billing program, but after years of trying, I couldn't get it to do what I needed. Before purchasing this program, I tried a other billing programs, but found this to be just what I needed, and at the start of tax season, I made the best choice. Their on-line tutorials make everything look simple.

Cons

Since it's only been a week, most items I think are a problem are just a learning curve. The company would have import my clients, but it was simple copy and paste. Document storage could have a better interface, but this program is meant to track time, and it does that well.

Bill 4 time is a good resource for non-profits

It is a great billing software that we can use within our organization to track expenses and payments.

Pros

It is easy to use and help us track expenses and billing. I like the ability to generate reports.

Cons

Setting up the invoicing features has been a challenge.

Great Program

I like the program and love the support staff. I love a secure platform for my records. It meets the needs of my company.

Pros

Easy to utilize and provides a secure platform to store your records.

Cons

The invoice/accounting side is a little difficult until you get the hang of it. When you download records the records should automatically be in the order of the newest first. They should also be a little bit clearer about some of their wonderful features such as the fact you can have two windows open at the same time. I think a little work on the help section would be good; however, the support staff is great.

Easy Time & Billing

Makes an unpleasant task --time keeping-- easy and less stressful than manual record keeping.

Pros

Easy to record & capture time. Overall simple to learn & master.

Cons

No major cons. Would be interested to see if the program could be integrated with voice recognition software.

Customer support was quick and useful.

It's a pleasure to use.

Pros

Clarity of interface, color scheme, customer support. That is really all I need to have in a time-keeping program.

Cons

The client/matter lookup is not flexible enough. I would like to be able to search that crosses both data pools.

User friendly and affordable. Excellent for a solo practitioner.

Pros

The software is user friendly and affordable. I liked the variety of plans based on number of users.

Cons

I found it challenging to modify an invoice after finalizing it, which I occasionally wanted to do. Had to start over.

Great helper

Help me to keep record of my billing. Help send my bills on time via electronic means.

Pros

User friendly. keep information at hand.

Cons

Sometimes I lost my last entrance and confused it one to the next one, repeating info.

Easy to Get Productive...Hard to Stump

Pricing seems confusing. Charges for the 1st user, then for each additional user. Why not just charge the same per user?

Pros

I was able to generate an invoice (customized with my logo) within about 30 minutes of signing up. That includes configuration of an online payment portal where the client can pay via PayPal. Covers most everything I need for routine time tracking, expense reports and billing for clients.

Cons

It has 5 user types, which is more than I need for a one-man consulting firm. Probably better for larger firms.

Good VPN

Pros

NordVpn is an excellent choice for internet security, very affordable

Cons

I have never had any problem or issue with NordVpn

Bill4Time is easy to use for time tracking and legal billing

Pros

As a user of the product, I like the fact that the user interface is clear and intuitive.

Cons

I have no complaints about this product.

Great product

Pros

User since 2014, great product, user friendly, great improvements throughout the years I have utilized this software. Great customer service.

Cons

Thank you for your review!

I am a 2-lawyer, 3-staff office and find Bill4Time easy for all of us (young and old) to use.

Pros

Web interface, app for adding time while not in front of a computer. I have found the customer support responsive and helpful. Youtube videos on use of product are very convenient and comprehensive.

Cons

I cannot think of anything I do not like about the software. I wish it were easier to insert multiple billing rates for the same client (e.g., bill one rate for work and another rate for travel). I think this can be done, I just haven't figured it out yet.

Billing Problems

Pros

The interface permits users to enter information for clients, matters, and amounts billed each month.

Cons

We changed plan mid-month and were billed twice for adding the same user, even though Bill4 Time does not disclose anywhere on its website that it refuses to pro-rate bills. So, beware that if you need to add a user and also need to change plans, you will be billed twice for that same user. The Company's support representative (which appears to be a single person) does not seem to grasp why this is inappropriate. We requested a refund of this double billing charge, and they refused to honor it.

General review

Good

Pros

Easy to use. Flexible. Lot of various options.

Cons

Still getting used to it.

Economical. Easy to Use. Great Customer Support.

Pros

Economical, especially for a small office. And easy to use.

Cons

Some parts of this online review annoyed me.

iPhone Version is Not Ready for Prime Time

I have had the trial version of Bill4Time installed on my iPhone for two weeks. I am working as a solo practitioner between GC positions, and I just wanted an app that could act like a clock in my pocket, easily tracking time billed to clients. Bill4Time in the iPhone has several problems. If you shut off the app before hitting the "save" key, it loses the time (the entire data entry) for the time...

B4T

Another item I like it the reporting that can be done. It helps to keep projects within budget.

Pros

I like that it's easy to enter time and view your time entered across the week. It makes it easy to ensure you have all your time entered.

Cons

The accounting tab can be pretty cluttered. It can be difficult to tell which invoices have been paid, and which haven't.

Great product, one suggestion for improvement.

Good just started using.

Pros

I like speed between screens and many options for inputting and displaying data.

Cons

I had suggested that it would be good to be able to bulk upload matter names via Excel, and provide a way of bulk updating matter names that way too.

Quick, simple, easy to use

Pros

I only use this software on the weekends at my friends garage and it is so easy to use it's almost amazing!

Cons

Nothing to not like: easy, user friendly, self explanatory and makes life a lot easier on me. Simple book work, simple invoices.

Thank you for your review Nicole!

This product is new to me, but it is very efficient, time saving method to manage my time records.

I can use this software to compare the billing I have to put in another system which is not so flexible with making corrections.

Pros

It very east to acclimate to the application.

Cons

I haven't found any dislikes yet, I am into my 3rd month of using the software.

bill4time is very easy to use and can be accessed anywhere.

Pros

bill4time is very easy to use and implement. I love that I can use it on multiple platforms including my iphone.

Cons

bill4time is not a full scale CRM. However, this has not been a problem for my uses. Invoicing can also take a little while to figure out.