ZipBooks Reviews - Page 3

Great For Basic Scenarios

Pros

Easy to pull reports when I need them. Used to have bookkeepers as well

Cons

Can't easily do deferred revenue, so it's not ideal for SaaS where upfront payments are involved

Thanks for your review!

The perfect set of tools for my tiny agency

I switched to Zipbooks from another accounting platform and was amazed at how simple and well-thought-out it is. And for free! I was able to get set up in less than an hour, and it lacks nothing I need for estimating and invoicing for projects. It's also nice to have the time-tracking and project-tracking functions for the future. Great job, guys!

Pros

Easy to set up and easy to use. Great mobile app. Free!

Review ZipBooks

Pros

I like Zipbooks because I can handle unlimited transactions and customers for free. it's easy to use.

Cons

Important features are only available in the paid version. it is not possible to track the stock. it lacks advanced features and integration options.

ZipBooks is very easy to use.

Pros

You do not have to have any accounting experience to use it. The importing feature from the Banks is fantastic, saving a ton of time of tracking expenses and applying them to the appropriate expense categories (accounts). The Time Tracking is also very easy to use.

Excellent Alternative to QuickBooks

After using QB for my business for the last 8 years, I finally had enough of Intuit. I wanted a modern web based solution that didn't cost an arm and a leg for basic quoting, invoicing, and accept payments online. ZipBooks does this and more. I had list of my existing clients and I found out via the in app chat (a way awesome support feature) that while there was not a feature ready for realase for an import of my contacts they would do it for me. This is a small token, but shows how customer service focused this company is, unlike others who would have go check the forums, they are right there to chat with.

Cons

Free and great alternative to QuickBooks

Pros

Free, easy to use, professional and helpful customer support. It allows you to sync your bank account information into the system to save time.

Cons

Sometimes the sync does not work properly and you have to re-link your bank account to ZipBooks or refresh several times.

ZipBooks has been super useful as my one-stop-shop for all my invoicing needs.

Pros: Very simple to use and intuitive. I'm amazed how easy they've made invoicing. Not to mention it's 100% free, which makes it a no-brainer choice for me. I've been impressed with the customer service and how quickly they've been adding features. ZipBooks is the invoicing tool of the future. Cons: There's still a few more features I'd like added, but they seem to release new stuff regularly so I know it's only a matter of time till everything I need is included in the software.

Cons

David, Thanks for your patience on our feature release timeline. We won't let you down!

So far, so good

Zipbooks is new, and while they still need to develop a consistent and positive track record, I can say that their product and team show a lot of promise. I have had quite a bit of contact with their team and they have taken my advice and feature requests seriously. These are early days, but so far it looks great and they seem to be moving in the right direction.

Cons

Daniel, Thanks for the feedback. We know we still have a long way to go. Thanks being so generous with your feedback and sticking it out with us! ZipBooks Team

Intuitive, Slick, Clean and in a word--SIMPLE.

ZipBooks is a fantastic cloud accounting service that offers extremely thorough documentation and unfettered API access allowing a business owner to focus on the business, not balances. The main thing that drew me to ZipBooks first was fast and free and allowed for Subscription Billing/Invoicing. The awesome API, clean interface and absolute user-friendliness is what has kept me around. Above all, ZipBooks dedication to absolutely phenomenal customer service it truly commendable and something to be emulated.

Intuitive, responsive

Software is user-friendly, straight forward. I love the automazation built in, and also the flexibility available for what cant be automated. They recently added an automatic receipt feature that my clients love. Zipbooks is quick to answer customer service requests and has more than exceeded expectations enabling me to grow my business.

Cons

Dan, Thanks for adopting the product so early and sticking with it through all the feature growing pains. Glad your customers like the new receipt feature! ZipBooks Team

Extremely easy to use, setup is a snap. Great flexibility in how you enter/use data.

In general I think the software is outstanding. The customer service is fast, very friendly, and efficient. I had an issue with linking to my bank, it was fixed asap and works perfectly. The only reason that I give it 4 stars (overall) and it really should be a 4.5 star raring is that I'd like to see an option to configure categories for expenses, and options for mileage as an expense. Integration to a mileage tracker like TripLog and a time tracker like Gleeo Time Tracking would be the icing on the cake.

Cons

This wasn't anything special - just an ordinary accounting software.

Pros

What I liked best is that the customer service was excellent and always very responsive. That goes a long way when you try to do a conversion.

Cons

It's relatively ordinary which is why we didn't go with it but that doesn't make it a bad software. It's best for small business.

Great program

We have been loving the change to this program. It takes so much time to collect on our customers that this program has been a lifesaver. They have a great customer service team as well. Any of the questions I had were quickly answered and set up was a breeze. I don't always recommend products, but this is one I really like.

Cons

Chad, Thanks for your glowing praise. We will work hard to deserve such high praise. ZipBooks Team

Poor poor technical support.

The customer support is atrocious. I had two issues; resetting my user data and a screwed up connection to Stripe. The first was still outstanding 3 weeks later, the second 4 days later. No feedback from "Brad from ZipBooks" until I chased them up with followup messages. Eventually we agreed to delete my account and I'd start from scratched. That was 2 days ago and I honestly don't expect it to happen. I'll be staying with Xero. A much more professional product.

Pros

Free. Connects with PayPal, Stripe and WePay. Clean simple web interface.

Cons

Solid product for independent consultants

I use ZipBooks for my consulting. Here is my verdict: Pros: Easy and intuitive use Helps me track the time I've spent on each client Simple expensing Super easy autobilling Makes me look good to clients Cons: Doesn't whiten my teeth.

Cons

Thanks for putting together this list. We will look into teeth whitening feature. Not sure what our development team will think, though. :)

Simple, Modern, Perfect

This product is EXCELLENT for a small time freelancer. No cumbersome setups, no crazy tax charging, no unnecessary product descriptions. Just estimate+invoice and go! The setup is super simple. Integration with Stripe and WePay right off the box. Customer service via chat is quick and helpful right on the sites UI. It just feels right! This thing is wonderful!

Best Invoicing Software Out There

I am a freelance chrome extension developer. Most of my projects are not very big, and I always find myself having dozens of customers that owe me money. But it is a huge pain in the gluteus maximus to track all of them manually, send them emails or call them on Skype. Thant is why I use ZippBooks - beause it solves my problem.

Cons

Glad we could help, Vlas!

I love ZipBooks! Switched from QuickBooks and never looking back.

Pros

It has a free level without ridiculous limits, as well as a more robust premium version. It is beautifully designed, easy to use, and allows for people to keep detailed records easily.

Cons

The little upgrade messages can get in the way sometimes - if you click the wrong area, you might lose your invoice when it asks you to upgrade. Just a small bug, but pretty unpleasant.

Amazing Free Accounting Software

Pros

As a small business owner, Zipbooks helped me organize my finances and keep track of what was going on in my business. I even used Zipbooks to produce all the financials to sell my business.

Cons

When I started, it didn't offer all of the things that Quickbooks had, but it seems like they are adding features regularly. For a free software I really don't have any complaints at all.

Simple, easy and free!

So easy to use, great straight-forward features. User interface is clean and friendly. I use it for my small business and happy to also be able to receive credit card payments. Would love to see the ability to create your own template or possibly select from a selection of templates. Looking forward to updates.

Cons

Amazing software and customer support

i had several questions about the features of the software to see whether the software would match the requirements of my business. The customer support received from Zipbooks was outstanding and the software is amazing!

Cons

Thanks for the encouraging note. We are going to work hard to live up to the high praise.

So far it's the best and most simple solution I've found to track income and expenses.

There are a few edge cases that I have ran into that would make the product better, but I've been told by their excellent customer service that they are working to improve it. Still, so far I don't have any complaints. It's free and really saves me a lot of time off the financial side of freelancing.

Switched over from Freshbooks

Zipbooks is a solid alternative to Freshbooks. I did a through comparison before crossing over and found nothing wanting. The ZipBooks team even helped me get my FB data migrated over and it worked like a charm. FB is a still great, I'm 100% ZipBooks now and don't any any plans to go back.

Cons

Great product and easy to use

I just learned about this product and so far I am pretty impressed by what it can do and the support level they offer for a free product.

Cons

Karin, Let us know if you have any questions about the product. We would be happy to answer any questions about the specifics. Thanks! ZipBooks Team

Very good and great potential

It's really easy to use and it has a lot of potential. I was using wave invoicing before but I switched to Zipbooks and I'm really happy with it. The customer service is also great. It lacks some features of the big players but they are growing fast and you will not be disappointed!