Zoho Books Logo

Online accounting software for growing businesses

Zoho Books Reviews - Page 2

PB

Phillip B.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 1-10 employees

Great Software

I really enjoyed this software. It is must easier to use than most of its competitors. It is also having some of the best pricing vs performance that I have found.

Pros

Zoho was very easy software to setup for someone who does not have a lot of experience. We used this software to mostly to track estimates. When estimates were approved and accepted by the customer it was simple to turn them into invoices.

Cons

Once you add certain items into the system they cannot be deleted. For example, if you accidently add a wrong item you will have to cancel it out on the books with another entry.

AM

Alicia M.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Blocks you when you need it.

Currently, Zoho Books is not capable of handling volume entries. You will be blocked if you go too fast, as I do. Then you have to wait hours before you can get back in. I created several users to be able to do my work. Also, the batch import feature does not work, since it does not pick up the product code on multi-line invoices. Our pricing went up last year, but Zoho's recurring invoices didn't...

Pros

It looks modern and intuitive. It has a sales portal that customers can access online and view their invoices and payments. That is the feature that sold the program to us.

Cons

The debit and credit side is the wrong way round as it follows the Indian system. For example, in the UK a sales balance of -£100 means that the customer owes £100 pounds and has to pay. In Zoho however, it means that the customer is in credit by £100 and would potentially need a refund. Blocks you if you type and click your mouse fast. There are problems with batch invoicing, and it takes a lot of time to review invoices one by one. The system does not extract more than 100 statements at a time. You really should find another system if your sales ledger is large.

DR

Darren R.

Import and Export, 1-10 employees

Powerful and Invaluable tool at an incredible price

We love Zoho ability to access from anywhere and allows a business owner to monitor things even when they are not on site. The ease of use and consistency makes it very easy for training purposes and day to day use.

Pros

We love the way you can add further modules and expand into other areas like inventory with ease. The support is fast and efficient with a positive outcome every time. The consistency through every module bill s, invoicing, purchasing makes it a breeze to operate.

Cons

The only one annoyance is the search from some screens you need to know the exact customer name or item name to search. Where as some screens use a keyword search which is easy and fast to locate the information.

AT

Amy T.

Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees

We Use Zoho Books for Multiple Companies

ZOHO books has been a great tool for many of our companies. It is great for companies with project management, from estimate to sales order to purchase orders and Invoicing. ZOHO provides live reporting as your team takes the order through the sales process. Customization for our specific business was a huge game changer, as we didn't need to get outside help involved to make simple changes that made our work flow process better. It saves time and errors.

Pros

The live dashboard and analytics has provided great insight into our business profitability. The ability to have our project management and accounting systems tied into one saves on time and human error. The automation, workflows and custom fields are a game changer and allow any kind of person to be able to tailor the system to your needs. Whenever I am not able to code something myself, I send a request to the customer service team, and they are usually able to write the scripts for me. The ability to tie into Avalara and not have to worry about taxation is also a huge bonus.

Cons

I wish the Purchase Orders for drop ship customers were more obviously tied to the Sales Orders. There are ways to identify which POs belong to which SOs, but seems to be a little more complicated than it could be. I also wish there was a way to see how much we have invoiced against Customer POs. I also wish we could integrate our payroll with ZOHO, as ZOHO payroll isn't currently offered in Michigan. As a result we are having to do more manual entry for employee hours and journal entries for the payroll.

JA

Juliana A.

Food Production, 1-10 employees

Easy finances with Zoho Books

Zoho Books is helping us automate many processes that we do every day on our business, many tasks and many payments that we receive throughout the week. It is a software that is extremely helpful when it comes to setting up a workflow that will benefit our work environment, and it provides useful solutions to manage payments, invoices, and all the financial data that comes with it, it has made everything easier because we don't have to worry about manually processing every payment or manually creating and sending an invoice, with Zoho Books, all these things become simple and we are able to keep a directory with all the crucial information for payments and invoices.

Pros

Zoho Books is an accounting software that provides the best experience when automating the accounting workflow. It has a great variety of tools that help enhance the process and I like how once the data has been imported, it only takes a few clicks to process payments and other billing options. Also, the option to manage all invoices is pretty beneficial, it allows me to keep track of all the payments...

Cons

I think that the customer support is lacking a lot, it feels like they keep trying to be responsive but still, they do take a lot of time to get back to you once reached out. I don't like this part of the software because it does not feel like I can fully rely on them for help.

Krishna L.

Hospital & Health Care, 5,001-10,000 employees

It's an excellent internet service for small businesses

In general, Zoho Books is the finest accounting software for start-ups and small businesses. The following functionalities are included in this simple to use application: Assign Shortcuts, Create Quick Reports a UX that is easy to use, Software as a service (SaaS): It's simple to use and integrates well with the rest of the Zoho suite. Updates that arrive quickly and on a frequent basis.

Pros

As a whole, Zoho Books is an excellent tool for new businesses and organizations. It's an excellent choice. Having everything in one location is a great feature of this book. The reports are highly user-friendly, and the balance is simple to handle. Books has a wide range of features and is well-integrated with the company's other products.

Cons

When a financial institution makes an update, Zoho Books takes a long time to make the change, making it difficult to keep track of all expenditures. Statement import instructions are out-of-date. Customer service is terrible; no one ever tells you when an issue will be fixed.

JS

Jordan S.

E-Learning, self-employed

Great QuickBooks competitor with additional features to boot

Pros

I am a big fan of Zoho Books. For the same price of a QuickBooks subscription, I was able to purchase a license to Zoho One, which comes with dozens of other valuable apps (Zoho Forms, Zoho CRM, Zoho Survey, Zoho Social, Zoho Marketing Automation, Zoho Analytics, Zoho Sign, Zoho Meeting, Zoho Desk, Zoho Projects, Zoho Expenses, Zoho Recruit, Zoho Flow). I did the math recently, and figured out that...

Cons

I wish they had a few more payment processors available.

Civil Engineering, 1-10 employees

Zoho Books

My overall experience with Zoho has been pleasant. I can easily create invoice even on the go with my phone. I can quickly generate reports to check performance of the company and individual employees and I can track business expenses. The best part is also that I can easily link the app to my bank to reconcile what is in the bank with what is on Zoho book.

Pros

The layout of the website is user-friendly. The cellphone app makes it easy for you to instantly upload receipts and invoices for any purchases made. I'm in Engineering and we are three different teams. Zoho allows us to assign expenses to each employee and to a particular project should we choose to. This means that you can easily track the expenses of each team and be quick to spot any problems...

Cons

When I migrated from the software I used before Zoho to Zoho I had to upload the invoices from the previous software and the challenge was that Zoho did not allow me to specify and describe the invoiced item. All invoices that were uploaded ended up with the same description which wasn't pleasant. When you assign expenses to employees, Zoho will not allow you to use the same email address for different...

BM

Bob M.

Retail, 1-10 employees

great option for accounting software

There's been a little bit of a learning curve - there are a few things that are just done a little differently than in other software. However, I've been able to accomplish everything I had in previous software. The most significant aspect to me, though, has been that Zoho offers a lot of accompanying software - i.e., not software that's needed to make Books work, but software with complementary uses - without seeming like they're trying to squeeze every last dollar out of me. Quite unlike Intuit.

Pros

It does everything that I need it to do, and for far less than it's competition.

Cons

There are a couple things that could be streamlined, although they don't lessen to actual functioning of the software.

EY

Eric Y.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

Used other for 6-12 months

Great Product For Those Who Know Accounting

My overall experience with Zoho Book was positive. I switched from Zoho Books to Bill4Time because I wanted a program that would keep track of time and expenses for hourly clients, track contingency fee clients, provide trust accounting, and generate invoices. Zoho Books would be able to do all of those tasks with the exception of contingency fee tracking. There was no easy way in Zoho to keep track of projects that were not hourly, flat, or on a set budget. That said, the Zoho family of products are solid, so if you have need for an accounting product and you are familiar with accounting software, this product would be a great choice.

Pros

I liked best the many features that Zoho Books provides. In terms of accounting software, this product does just about everything. I also liked being part of the Zoho suite of products, all of which are quite good. The product is stable, and the company offers solid tech support.

Cons

I purchased Zoho Books to use in my small business after using Zoho Invoice. I wanted a product that would do more than just invoice clients, such as track projects and accounting. However, I am not an accountant. The thing I liked least about Zoho Books is that, if you are not familiar with accounting, the product may seem unnecessarily complicated. There is definitely a learning curve with this product that I have not experienced with other Zoho products.

NB

Nikki B.

Publishing, self-employed

Efficient, affordable took that's essential for my business

I switched to Zoho Books from FreshBooks a little over a year ago when the cost of FreshBooks became unmanageable and free options, such as Wave, did not serve my purposes. I was also looking for a cloud invoicing/expense-tracking system that was less glitchy and easier to use. Zoho Books is all of that. As a sole proprietor, the price suits my budget perfectly. Clients have told me that paying me through Zoho is much easier than paying me through FreshBooks or Wave. At tax time, it's easy to send my Profit & Loss report to my accountant. I also like that I can attach receipts to my expenses. I'm very thankful for Zoho Books and hope they continue to meet the needs of sole proprietors like me.

Pros

Zoho Books is easy for me to use and much easier for my clients to use when paying me. They've given me positive feedback about their invoicing experiences. It's also affordable, which was a huge deciding factor when I switched from another cloud invoicing program.

Cons

I wish I could see when a client has "viewed" my invoice. Also, I didn't realize that listing vendors on my expenses, such as Amazon, would count as "Contacts" and use up some of my slots. I'm glad I know now and I'm rectifying it.

AB

Anne B.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

All the functionality of QuickBooks - and more - at a much better price

Zoho Books has everything I need to keep my books in order, bill my clients, and track my time and expenditures. I've been very happy with this product.

Pros

Zoho Books does everything that QuickBooks does in a much more intuitive interface. It provides a ton of flexibility in looking at things from both accrual and cash methods, offers a free seat for my accountant, and allows me to track my time and bring it directly into my invoices. The ability to take pics of receipts and enter expenses directly from my phone app is great, too.

Cons

I wish that other software providers would wake up and realize that QB isn't the only game in town. Make it easier to integrate with Zoho, please! I've had some trouble syncing with my bank in the past and it took a while for customer service to understand what was really going on - there are some language barriers. But their CS agents do seem to try to help.

Jesús G.

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

Zoho books herramienta de facturación indisplensable para mejorar tus procesos

genial!! implementamos con un partner premium de zoho que nos automatiza la contabilidad que era la útnica carencia que tenía el programa

Pros

me ha encantado los recordatorios, las conexiones bancarias automáticas y la facilidad con la que se puede definir y automatizar la parte contable

Cons

Que en la presentación de impuestos, se necesita integrar con otros programas

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

Rexie M.

Automotive, 1-10 employees

Brilliant Accounting and Book Keeping software!

Great! Not been using it long but it is a vast improvement on functionality and reporting compared to old software.

Pros

Love the customer portal! Our clients can use self service to manage their account with us and get all their invoice and payment records as well as access to documents like our T&Cs. The invoice generating is very quick and easy with lots of customisation and extra data collecting boxes. The app is reliable and easy to use with lots of functionality too. Retainer invoice function is great for us as we offer clients a promotion to top up their account in advance to receive discounts on future invoices so this works perfectly!

Cons

There is no auto connection to my particular bank yet so can't connect it all automatically as I did with my previous software however it allows for bulk uploads so you can still reconcile everything.

Raksha S.

Marketing and Advertising, 10,001+ employees

Comprehensive Review of Zoho Books: The All-in-One Accounting Solution

Overall, the experience with Zoho Books is generally positive. The software is well-designed, user-friendly, and provides a range of features to support accounting and financial management. The integrations with other Zoho apps and tools are a big plus for businesses that already use Zoho products. The mobile app is also a useful feature for businesses that need to access financial information on the go.

Pros

I liked the following features of Zoho BooksUser-friendly interface with quick access to important featuresIntegrations with Zoho apps and third-party toolsAutomated invoicing and payment trackingMulti-currency supportBudgeting and financial reportingMobile app availableAffordable pricing, including a free planStrong customer support.

Cons

Along with Pros, these are the limitations I faced:Limited inventory management featuresLack of advanced project management featuresBasic time tracking functionalitySome features can be confusing for new usersLimited integrations compared to other accounting softwareLimited customization options for invoices and other forms.

BH

Belal H.

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Pathetic customer service

Worst customer services there is no proper reply or information

Pros

Product is ok but customer service is pathetic

Cons

The customer service is pathetic, we are running a CA firm and have almost 20 Zoho books subscription and login and one of the login as was asking an OTP we were not getting because the [sensitive content hidden] is travelling and OTP is going to only mobile number not to email hence raised the ticket and the team keep saying that the accounts team is working but we did not receive any resolution they wasted a whole day and did not resolve this. the ticket ID is [sensitive content hidden].

AS

Aninda S.

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Good Billing Application

It was awesome to use Zoho books, it improved our operational efficiency and was very easy to use.

Pros

This is an efficient and affordable billing application. Serves all the basic needs and is capable of handling large data sets.

Cons

Customer or Product Support seriously needs to improve. Every customer needs a modification as per their business requirements and Zoho shall cater those changes actively.

SA

Sayed A.

Commercial Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Zoho Books

Zoho boos was a very good app but there are better accounting apps out there.

Pros

Zoho Books is a cloud-based accounting software it offers invoicing, expense tracking, inventory management, and financial reporting. software has an easy user-friendly interface. It has automation capabilities, such as automatic bank feeds and recurring invoices, have been praised for saving time and streamlining accounting tasks.It also has flexibility and customizability of Zoho Books. The software offers a range of integrations with other apps and services, such as payment gateways, CRM software, and project management tools.

Cons

Customer supprt and tech support isnt really upto mark nd even learning the software is a little difficult and it taes time and steep learning curve to gets hands on experience.

RH

Rob H.

Telecommunications, 1-10 employees

RUN do not walk way from this product!

I would rather deal with the IRS, Comcast and AT&T all at once than this company.

Pros

Zoho has been a constant and ongoing headache since switching 3 years ago. Since then it has been an ongoing everyday headache. Support simply does not exist with this company. Support articles are 10 years old and do reflect the current software.

Cons

Support! This company DOES NOT PROVIDE SUPPORT. Whoever answers chats simply wastes your times and never ever helps.

TO

Tracy O.

Design, 1-10 employees

The Best way to manage your Businesses Finances

I never used to know what was going on with my business financials. Now at a glance, I can see money coming and I have an overview of how the business is performing. Tax season is no longer a complete nightmare as everything we need is in Zoho Books.

Pros

Zoho Books is extremely easy to use. I love that I now have 1 place where I do all my invoicing and that I can customise the invoices to my own branding. I love that I can send the invoice to clients directly from the software and then have auto reminders go out to the clients as well as send a Thank you when I receive payment. I also love the ability to link it to my business bank account – so I can reconcile my invoices and transactions easily. Come tax season my accountant can easily access all the reports she needs for any period.

Cons

At first, it was a bit tricky to understand how to link up my bank account but eventually managed to figure it out.

RF

Rebecca F.

Individual & Family Services, self-employed

Over 50, not an accountant & never aspired to own a small business...

It's true, but when your calling is a clear one, you are obligated to follow! Our small care giving business has employees working exclusively at customer sites. The caregivers (most also over 50 yrs. old) input their time, mileage & expenses from their smart phones. Invoicing is generally done at my laptop but can be done from my phone. The invoicing can be personalized with valuable information...

Pros

- Phone based app & laptop s-ware are EZ to use.

Cons

Don't quite understand how to customize an invoice, save it & use it for monthly billing. Sometimes, I have to play around with the invoice to get all of the detail needed to print. For example, it is not readily apparent how to display the dates for which each expense is incurred on the invoice. Not having a copy of our company's data stored on our system makes me nervous so we keep paper back ups. Surely there is a better contingency plan of which we could take advantage.

HD

Haythum D.

Computer Networking, 11-50 employees

Zoho Books review

Since more than 4 years of using Zoho Books it's fantastic and positive experience

Pros

Zoho Books integrates with other Zoho applicationsZoho Books has an easy interface that makes it easy to navigate and use itStrong financial management capabilities

Cons

in Zoho Books can't customize more advanced financial reportsZoho Books is more costly compared to other accounting software specially when advanced features are needed

SS

Sanjay S.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees

Zoho Books: Accounting software for Sma and Medium Enterprise

Overall good software for small and medi enterprise with good features.

Pros

Zoho books is cloud based accounting software with many impressive features. Below are the pros of ZOHO Books 1. Zoho comes with many inbuilt accounting software features like inventory management, Payroll processing, Sales and Purchase booking etc. 2. Can be integrated with your online shoping websites like shopify, woocommerce and many more. 3. Automatc recurring expense booking like depreciation,...

Cons

1.As compared to Quickbooks online many features are missing. 2.Disadvantage of cloud based software is it becomes difficult to shift to windows based software as data can not be transferred easily. 3. Zoho attracts consumer by quoting very less fees for 1st year but from next years there is steep increase in charges.

Mike Z.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Great solution.. but not for everyone

I used Zoho Books for my own practice for 3 years+for a few of my Clients. It's fast and reliable, and developers are improving it very regularly - adding new features constantly. I would highly recommend using it especially in the businesses that would also use other software from Zoho-like e-mail or CRM-they're well priced and are extremely cost-effective.

Pros

Zoho Books is lightning fast-miles ahead of the competition if it comes to the speed of the software. The actual user experience is very close to the desktop software. Another good feature is its customizability - you'll find a plethora of options with Zoho, obviously designed with advanced reporting tools that come with Zoho Suite in mind. What's important - importing and exporting stuff from Zoho is also very simple - that comes in handy if you want to switch to another software from Zoho, you'll be able to do it-most counterparts allow you to migrate data only partly. Importing journals-extremely important feature-works flawlessly.

Cons

No integrated payroll functionality - small flaw, as you can easily import journals from the software of your choice. Average bank reconciliation - filtering records is difficult, custom sorting as well. No itegrated CIS solution. No reporting directly to HMRC.

BG

Babu G.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Zoho Books reconciles bank statement automatically and GST filing is way better than anything else.

Overall, it's a boon, If you are in India then this is the takeaway software as it helps ease in filing GST reports.

Pros

This software when I started using I thought I made a wrong choice but as in when I started managing my accounts & Books for my business, It became my friend, an accountant indeed it did everything that an accountant would do with very little accounting knowledge. The best part is if you are a startup company and you do not have strict compliances then this is for you, you don't have to hire an accountant and DIY. :)

Cons

Support is the only part which sometimes made me upset as the Employees were not uniformly assisting as if they were not trained on customer service. The worse thing is they just have support for technical help and no bookkeeping support.