Zoho Books Logo

Online accounting software for growing businesses

Zoho Books Reviews - Page 7

Ankush B.

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Zoho Books: Finance and Accounting on the go!

Overall Zoho Books is a great tool to great tool for budding organizations and startups. Highly recommended.

Pros

Easy to use tool and following features: - Quick report generation - Assign Shortcuts - User friendly UX - Cloud software: Easy to access - Easy to integrate with other Zoho Tools - Quick and regular updates

Cons

There is nothing to dislike in Zoho Books. But, won't be successful in big organizations with voluminous data

Jose A.

Furniture, 11-50 employees

You can't go wrong with Zoho

I am very happy with the choice. Tremendous software.

Pros

I am not a professional accountant but I know administration and finance. Zoho has given me the tools I need for managing finances, purchasing, and invoicing.

Cons

The inventory module comes separately and I would like it to be included. Inventory vs final product costing would be a nice addition.

Diane R.

Consumer Goods, self-employed

We couldn't get beyond the free trial

We didn't have any complaints other than the bad support we received from their team. If we had the knowledge to properly set it up, we would've stayed on.

Pros

It's features and functions were quite similar to other accounting software except we could integrate this one to our other zoho apps and keep track of funds over multiple places.

Cons

At the end, with terrible support and customer service, we didn't go further after the free trial ended. We had many questions and in that monthbor so free trial, we probably wasted over 2 weeks total waiting for answers.

ML

Maria Lenin L.

11-50 employees

Accounting made easy

Pros

What i like most in zoho books is that you can add each customer info which is also like a CRM where you can customize the fields you want your customer profile should have. You can also add a sales rep for each customer for you to track the commission and performance of your sales representatives. It is easy to use giving you a description on each tab or link for you to know the function. Making an invoice is easy. Timesheet is also available for billable hours to be computed. It has a mobile application that you can download in playstore so you can access your books even if you are out working on field.

Cons

The web application can be slow while loading the dashboard. I also suggest they add more payment method.

Devashish K.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Great software, but lacks some features

Overall, it is a good product, and everyone will find it helpful. Zoho books can handle multiple currencies, so that's a plus point for someone doing international accounting.

Pros

Excellent product. Fast and easy to use user interface. It feels like in the development phase. The product seamlessly integrates with Zoho CRM environment. The reports generated by the books helps in financial statements. Makes easier to bill clients based on their history.

Cons

1. Lacks some basic features like Quick Slip printing (in which the receipt gets generated for a specific bill). 2. There is no option to set default account to accept payments, everytime one needs to select. 3. Reports don't contain the option to add a sales person to an individual transaction.

JP

James P.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Integrated Accounting Platform

We have had an easier time in reconciliating our books since we use multiple payment gateways. To add on that, we have linked with other platfroms we are using hence we have a seamless experince.

Pros

It links with multiple finance and backing systems including local banks making it pretty easy to work with. To add on that, it runs everythign from purchasing to sales, to inventory and intergartes well with other Zoho solutions.

Cons

It on nly has payrol for USA and India this requires any organization that is not located in the two countires to seek and additional solution for payroll.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

All in one online accounting software.

Learned a lot for managing our transactions, keeping records, viewing various financial reports but this software helped me with all. We're absolutely loving it now.

Pros

Its free tier and that it is an online tool.

Cons

Documentation is a bit unclear for people new to managing finances.

Milthon R.

Best accounting software of all times

Fast, easy and simple system to manage your accounting for medium and small business

Pros

has many advantages among them is the ease of use and how interesting the application is, first because you can use it whenever you want where you want and it is always up to date. Another benefit is that it allows you to keep the complete accounting of the company if you import the country or type of tax.

Cons

Sometimes it gets a little slow and I feel that there are transactions that are not shown in the reglon that must do so, that is, do not present it as a pending charge or account receivable. I understand that they are going to correct that and that it should not affect the accounting of the company as long as it is known that it is being done.

Akomolafe S.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Accounting Made Easy

Zoho solves the problem of invoicing, sales recording, Management Account and all my accounting headaches. The experience for me is all that I want and need.

Pros

The interface is very easy to navigate through. Zoho book performs magic just as you start with login. The features are excellent and you don't need an instructor to use Zoho books. It is that simple and accurate.

Cons

For now, Zoho is all I used and I love it. Stress free.

David W.

Financial Services, self-employed

Zoho Books is awesome for the solopreneur

Zoho Books allows me to organize transactions and know my numbers to effectively forecast in my businesses.

Pros

I like most that Zoho Books integrates with other products in the Zoho One Suite. This makes it very easy to implement and use daily.

Cons

Just like with any new software, there is a learning curve. While this took some time for me to learn and customize the software, I was able to get the hang of it.

ag

adam g.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

zoho book is the best

without zoho book customers invoices were being handle manually but now we use this software and it has simplified work and resources since no need to move to vendors rather just manage them online

Pros

i like its availability on both android and IOS devices,i manage customer invoices either online or by sending them mails its really working good for me.its also user friendly

Cons

the application limits the numbers of vendors and once you reach you limit you can not add unless you make payments first and this disturbs during the processes of using it

DT

Daniel T.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Get what you pay for.

I use to have QB but left due to the $100 price increase I was getting every year. I did free trials with a few accounting software options and ended up with ZOHO due to the affordable price it has. Now it does not have all the bells and whistles as QB but I expected that and told myself that I can get used to that. I switched everything over and after only having the software for 1 Month I completely...

Pros

For the price, you do get a good amount of options.

Cons

Recommendations take years to fulfill, you can go and look on there form. Their price list is a joke, makes it really hard to mark up items.

SP

Stelios P.

Internet, 11-50 employees

We love Zoho Books

We are BACKBONE (www.backbonetechnology.com) and we use Zoho Books and Zoho CRM to run our Greece office. Apart from a few tax regulations that cannot be set up in the software, everything else works great for us. We absolutely LOVE the dashboard and visual representation of where our organization is on a monthly basis. We also love the reports section of the software.

Pros

Ease of use, visual representation of dashboard, reports.

Cons

not customizable to the extent required for tax laws in Greece but understandable

HN

Hilda N.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Zoho for business management

With Zoho book I have been able to manage customers and suppliers interaction using client protal and by sitting up payments reminders through the online payment gateway have saved my time which I have used to send direct mails or phoes calls

Pros

It's so easy to use and it's it's suppported even on android devices,I like the online payment and invoices templates which are provided

Cons

The application is mostly very slow when updating it and in the process you may lose your data and in the due course costimg you a lot of time to wait while updating

Patrick S.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

The best online accounting system

Prior to Zoho Books I was using an excel spreadsheet to run my business. Now it's much easier and way more effective to use Zoho Books.

Pros

I use Zoho Books to keep track of the day to day running of my business from income, expenses, billing and reporting.

Cons

nothing that I can think of, it's a great product and continues to evolve with new features all the time.

HD

Hanna D.

Banking, 5,001-10,000 employees

Réponds à mes besoins pour suivre mes clients

Pros

Je m'en sers quotidiennement, Zoho Books est un excellent outil de comptabilité et de CRM. Prix abordable et des fonctionnalités polyvalentes.

Cons

J'ai rencontré des limites dans l'ajustement des factures et l'annulation des devis, et l'application mobile n'est pas idéale pour la gestion de la relation client en déplacement.

Showing original review in French. See translation

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Zoho the best small business accounting software with great CRM integration

Our business has enjoyed servicing clients who use Zoho. A great software to work with.

Pros

Zoho is cloud based therefore all your team members can work from anywhere. even from their cellphones. Zoho books comes with inventory management and other management tools for customer support and management. It is easily integrated with ecommerce platforms specifically shopify. Being cloud based we do not have to do back ups for Zoho clients.

Cons

Zoho has a very low pricing structure in the first year which then increases very much in the second year onwards.

CS

Claire S.

Professional Training & Coaching, self-employed

Great Features and Value for a Small Busines

I use Zoho books primarily for invoicing and receiving payments. It's worked great. I like that they're always adding new features, showing that they care about their customer experience.

Pros

For starters it's easy to use. More specifically I like the recurring invoice feature and the ability to add an accountant at the basic level.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of. I know I'm not using it to it's maximum capacity so some issues that I've noticed others have, I have not had.

Amogha B.

Chemicals, 201-500 employees

Excellent Software

Happy and feel worth buying it and successfully renewed it for 2nd year.

Pros

Excellent software for beginners like us......very easy to use. My company name is Datta Bio Organics and using for past 2 years now. easy GST filing. Ledger creation and invoices, PO, purchases made really easy.

Cons

Banking records do not work seamlessly. Struggling for past 7 months have my feeds error sorted but in vain. Separate entries for JV & contra is preferred. Bill template with seal would be preferred. use to DSC would be preferred to sign invoices.

EM

Elizabeth M.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Zoho Works, Mostly

Zoho Books worked fine for me until the quirks became too frustrating and I decided to seek out an alternative.

Pros

Zoho Books has relatively responsive customer support, who are willing to make software changes based on customer feedback (sometimes), and has many integrations. Books seamlessly integrates with Zoho CRM, Projects, etc.

Cons

Zoho Books does not integrate with any of the PSAs I was considering. I also had some issues with the software that just didn't make sense but the company's response was "this is how it's supposed to be done."

DP

Darshan P.

Real Estate, 201-500 employees

Accounting platform

Pros

I like that it has an unique feature like attaching receipts to my expenses and it is easy to understand when compared to other. The automation system was excellent.

Cons

The payment plans are little frustrating. It has more user restrictions and payroll service is not available.

KV

Kevin V.

Internet, 11-50 employees

Does the job

Pros

It does the job for everything we need, which is managing invoicing and sending various types of bills. It connects with Zoho CRM which we use daily with our team.

Cons

Some things are not always easy to set up, you need some time to know how things connect to each other.

WT

Winnie T.

Business Supplies and Equipment, 11-50 employees

Do work online

I use it for project planning and accounting While sitting in my dining room therefore it eased work for me

Pros

I've been able to manage the accountabilities while at my home by using this software to manage the accountabilities and project planning

Cons

To me it supports homeworking there are four no other thing I like apart from that.

SN

Siyabonga N.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

Zoho Books review by N Thandi Consultancy and Projects

Pros

The Online Invoicing has great features such as personalizing invoices with their logo, colours, and fonts., plus you can also track invoice status and receive payments online

Cons

There are minor issues with Zoho Books, such as occasional glitches in the software or difficulty navigating certain features. However, these issues are generally minor and do not significantly affect the overall usability of the software.

KB

Kevin B.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees

Great Product

we can have access to zoho anywhere since its cloud based and we can also make approvals from our mobiles phones via app

Pros

The flexibility of usage is great and customer support via chat is quick

Cons

A special request has been made to implement item stock issues to projects which are billed as a one line item instead of using sales orders