GovPilot Reviews

4.6

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.16/10

Reviews by rating

GovPilot has been wonderful. They are very easy to work with and have been responsive to our needs.
Very User Friendly!!! Very government friendly. The information on in one spot is the best.
Putting things in writing can do away with any misunderstanding there may be when discussing on the phone with the person handling complaint.
If GovPilot cannot detect the location, the resident is unable to move forward with logging in a complaint.
I am unaware of the cost so I cannot answer the value for money.

MW

Meg W.

Government Administration, 51-200 employees

Excellent experience with the our software and entire gov pilot team!

Streamlined all my daily processes. Easy for me and other department members to search for information. Brought our processes up to date and eliminated all illegible paperwork.

Pros

So much information at my fingertips without dredging through files. Clear and concise. Easy to learn and use. And lots more- if there was a 6th star rating they'd get it. Their customer service, responsiveness and the all important patience factor are far above and beyond any I've ever experienced.

Cons

Nothing really, but it can sometimes feel a little slow when trying to pull up information for my guys out in the field. But it's only a matter of seconds.

Wow, what a complimentary review! Glad you're having so much success with the system.

JK

Janice K.

Government Administration, 201-500 employees

Awesome Software

During this pandemic, GovPilot has enabled me and my staff to work remotely and get used to the new methods, which took about a day. Customer support is great and as far as the future, it will cut down on the number of phone calls and customers at the counter, enabling us to be more efficient and have all of our records in one place. I highly recommend GovPilot!

Pros

Our office deals with a lot of incoming applications and both foot traffic and phone inquiries for our licensing services. This software can minimize the amount of foot traffic and offers the convenience to our constituents of applying for a wide number of permits online in the comfort of their own office or home.

Cons

I can't think of any cons at this time. All of my experiences have been pleasant and I haven't even used every tile yet.

Amazing! Thank you very much Janice. We're proud to know that you and your colleagues are pleased with GovPilot, and are seeing meaningful results!

CD

Chris D.

Information Services, 501-1,000 employees

Good bang for your buck

GovPilot is a team of dedicated, hard working professionals that tirelessly realize your vision. Unlike most software on the market they will customize to meet your needs.

Pros

As a middle sized organization we are challenged to find right sized software. We have enterprise expectations but do not have staffing adequate to achieve economy of scale. GovPilot has the right balance of complexity to empower our users without overwhelming them.

Cons

Like most businesses today they are understaffed and work long hours to keep up with workload. You should understand this going in and expect to exercise patience during implementation and deployment.

Thank you very much for your review. We look forward to continuing our work with your team and aim to be available to you when needed!

SP

Stephen P.

We love it! User Friendly and a multitude of features! Awesome customer service as well!

Pros

The software provides a user friendly database that goes much farther than your typical databases. The options and features it provides surpass anything we have had in the past. Record keeping, reporting, invoicing, stats, it can do it all!

Cons

The software limits us to addresses that are based off of tax map data. It would be nice to expand this to geographical locations not necessarily linked to tax map data.

What a nice review! Thank you, Stephen. Glad that you find GovPilot's capabilities so helpful.

MM

Mary M.

Great. The software does what we want and customer support/James is very responsive to our requests.

I am more productive since the system is automated to our needs.

Pros

It's very flexible to our needs. If we need help or a change to the system your support team is very responsive and acceptable of our requests. If I need to modify a document, for a special circumstance, I can export it to a word document and make my changes on the fly. I also like that fact you can do the same thing different ways depending on your needs.

Cons

This is very minor but the one thing I always have to remember is to click edit record first after selecting form view.

Thanks, Mary! Glad that you find our software convenient and our Support team helpful.

SM

Sue M.

The GovPilot Team is very accommodating. The software has nice features and helps with tracking.

Pros

As records custodian, the software's tracking of records is very nice; no more logging in excel spreadsheets for OPRAs. GovPilot also allows for the residents to complete an application for Zoning, OPRA, Rental/Resale CCOs, etc online. The residents are able to see receipt, processing and fulfillment of their requests. It's a really nice tool.

Cons

I have no issues at this point. I can't complain about the support that the Borough has been receiving from the GovPilot team...they've been great.

Thank you so much! So nice to hear that your department and residents are happy with GovPilot.

KB

Kevin B.

GovPilot GIS Maping System

GovPilot team is very responsive and ready to provide support & service.

Pros

Easy to navigate . User friendly. Easy web interface.

Cons

Nothing, a great product. Hard to find fault with this product.

Thanks very much for your feedback and for taking the time to share your thoughts Kevin!

RM

Richard M.

Government Administration, 1,001-5,000 employees

GovPilot

Pros

Ease of use with map and views. Love the different fields they allow us to use.

Cons

Sometimes it can be glitchy.

This is your descond five star review, thank you. We appreciate your continued support.

MH

Matthew H.

The Property Pilot software is a valuable tool for our municipality.

Pros

The ability to access the program from anywhere and view property parcels and other important information.

Cons

The program can be glitchy at times and not all parcels will show up for some reason. It is not clear whether this is a GovPilot issue or related to the third parties (Mod IV system, etc...) which provide the information.

Thank you very much for the great feedback!

SA

Sharon A.

It has taken awhile to get this up & running , but once in place, it's a great program.

Pros

Very user friendly on the inquiry side. Most users that find this on the website have little trouble submitting FOIL and complaints.

Cons

Not very user friendly on the Office side - can be difficult for tracking. OUr staff has had trouble getting this to work as they are still learning.

Glad that your constituents are utilizing GovPilot!

VN

Vanessa N.

OPRA

Pros

We, like many Borough's, are being overwhelmed with OPRA requests. The GovPilot Program has allowed me to manage this high volume with ease. The staff has been amazing and extremely helpful. They make you feel like you are there only customer and every issue large or small is handled and resolved promptly.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like any things I thing need tweaking they take care of. No issues at all.

Great! Thanks, Vanessa.

DS

Dana S.

Municipal Court Database

While this was their first attempt at a court database, they did a pretty fantastic job. They listened to what I wanted and needed and we all worked together to get this very useful database!

Pros

This is an easy way to keep track of our municipal court citations. The ease of use for both myself and our police officers is exceptional!!

Cons

There isn't much that I don't like about this software

So glad you find our software useful, Dana. Thanks for the kind words!

RP

Riddhi P.

Module Review

Pros

It is very easy to use for both ends, constituents and administrative!

Cons

The fact that I am unable to put in a location that is not detected by the system. Happens very rarely so not a big issue.

Thanks so much! So glad GovPilot is helpful to you and your residents.

TV

Tara V.

Glen RIdge NJ

Pros

The OPRA software is my favorite program. Makes tracking and follow-up on requests very easy. customer service is great

Cons

getting used to the update was hard at first but now that I am used to it I like it

Thanks, Tara!

ML

Marc L.

Government Administration, 201-500 employees

Changed the way we work

We are in the very early days of using GovPilot beyond just the initial reason we bought the software. Recently, we were evaluating offers to buy properties in the City. Using GovPilot, we were able to make far more informed decisions about these transactions. We were able to see violations on the buyer's properties, overlaying zoning and redevelopment areas on the map, and even click through to google street view. I'm looking forward to even more functionality as we build new tools and add new data.

Pros

The technical support is fantastic. If you can dream up the function and the work flow, the development team can build it.

Cons

The software has a relatively high level of reliance on your existing GIS system and data from other sources. GIGO.

Thank you so much for your detailed review! So glad to be accomodating.

MG

Maria G.

Very helpful.

More efficient work flow.

Pros

The functions are very flexible to our needs. The support you receive is prompt and very friendly. If you need changes, the staff is always available to help.

Cons

It took awhile to learns the ins and outs. But now wonderful. We can change as the need arises and staff is very prompt.

Glad that you find GovPilot's service prompt and workflow efficient!

ES

Ernestq S.

the staff are always willing to try and help

Pros

The software will make my units more efficient and finding/processing work much faster. We are also offering the public 24 hour access for filing concerns.

Cons

Haven't been using the software long enough to see any long term concerns.

So happy to hear that you find our team helpful and that you are satisfied with GovPilot's functionality. Thank you!

RK

Ross K.

EXCELLENT SINGLE SOURCE PROVIDOR

Excellent communication and extremely responsive tech support.

Pros

Module interaction with Departments throughout the City

Cons

There are many pros with this software. The only thing I am awaiting on is integration so that when a web payment is made, it automatically makes an entry into the transaction log and zero's the account accordingly.

Thanks so much!

bd

brian d.

I like the GovPilot package. Helpful for record keeping and tracking.

Pros

Easy to use and it has features that are needed to maintain proper records.

Cons

1. I would like the ability to open the Admin Tab without going into Edit Mode. 2. I would like the ability to print the comments from the Admin Tab without doing Copy/Edit and therefore loosing formatting.

Thanks to your feedback, those two issues have been resolved!

NW

Nicholas W.

Government Administration, 51-200 employees

Its a great system but requires patience to get it right.

It created a more streamlined work flow and organized my permits onto one data base.

Pros

It has great applicability across multiple departments. It creates better work flow and efficiency through out.

Cons

The development process can be arduous. It can take awhile to get every thing right. There should be a user portal for better security.

KP

Kim P.

Not very user friendly, but with great customer support it became a good experience.

Improved my computer skills!

Pros

The Borough processes many permits and licenses on a daily basis. It's very efficient to have the system populate and print them.

Cons

The view. In every category, there just seems to be to much information required! I also dislike that everything is addressed driven.

Thanks so much!

JS

Jeanne S.

Government Administration, 51-200 employees

The staff are awesome and worked with us for any request we had. Quick responses too!

Pros

The automated responses and tracking ability especially for complaints and OPRA requests. Also the GIS component that shows various municipal features.

Cons

More flexibility with the GIS feature layers and ability to associate digital documents with parcels

Thanks, Jeanne! So glad that you find our staff and software helpful.

MK

Maureen K.

Tax Collector

Pros

The software is easy to use. Now everything is in one place.

Cons

A little hard to understand in the beginning

Thanks, Maureen! Happy to help.

Ryan M.

GovPilot has significantly changed the way we operate within the Borough.

Time savings, efficiencies, and integration between departments that will hopefully lead to time savings.

Pros

GovPilot makes workflows more vibrant and efficient through data aggregation. By collecting all of this digitally and building it into a property parcel-centric view, it creates an integrated way to oversee and execute various tasks that serve residents, allowing departments to step away from their silos and better coordinate tasks.

Cons

Right now, a lot of build out is still necessary to provide a user friendly experience for employees. And there's no real backend for users.

Thank you so much, Ryan! Excited to learn how Jet Mode improves your user experience.

CW

Christopher W.

Since signing on, customer service and project management has been #1. Perfect applications for us.

Pros

The items that we love the most is the customization that can be done. From the littlest form to the most complicated application, no matter what we are looking to do, GovPilot is able to accommodate us. They are easily able to seamlessly take antique paper applications and make them into easy to use online forms that give us the ability to track items that we never were before.

Cons

At this time, we have yet to find anything that we do not like. As a new user, we have been able to modify and update everything that we have requested to in a very timely manner.

Thank you, Chris, for the glowing review! We are always happy to help.