AbelMed

Clinical management software with full EMR capabilities

AbelMed Reviews

Pros

They have always been prompt at getting back to me, patient, kind and helpful in solving my issues. They have ALL been excellent at providing support to my staff and me.

Janet M.

Over the years, I have had such good interactions with the technical support team that I now feel like they are family.

Janet M.

My overall experience has been excellent over the years.

Arthur S.

4.1

Excellent EMR

My experience has been positive. There were the usual growing pains but these were all handled smoothly by the support staff and there were no interruptions in my daily schedule.

Pros

Very User Friendly Great lay out including the nice fonts and just the right size and spacing for various icons/tabs. Lab results can be marked signed off or reviewed which is a helpful distinction when needing to review prior paper records and still wanting a time stamp for future auditing/review purposes. Has the ability to forward previous encounters which is helpful for things like Diabetic flow sheets. Has the ability to have customizable pre-typed entries similar to stamps/templates in other EMRs Support Staff is knowledgeable and attentive The person who trained our office was exceptional. Good communicator. Patient. I found this to be particularly important in ensuring proper migration to AbelMed from paper charts.

Cons

Sometimes the page may skip a line when scrolling down in the investigations tab.

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of ABELMed. We are pleased that you have successfully implemented many of the EMR features and that the training and support you have received has met your expectations. To address your scrolling issue, under Dashboard Settings, simply deactivate the screen refresh settings.

feels like a family

My overall experience has been excellent over the years. The only sad thing is that I may be forced to look at other software in the future due to requirements from Ontario MD moving forward. It will be like losing a family member.

Pros

I have used AbelMed now for 14 years. I took over an office that already had AbelMed and bought it along with the rest of the office thinking I would just try it out and switch to something else if it didn't work out. There were all the regular hiccoughs of switching from paper to electronic records, but that was also 14 years ago. Over the years, I have had such good interactions with the technical...

Cons

I would like a software where the email was right in the patient's chart, also I would like the option of cloud-based software.

Disaster !

Every time they fix one issue, another issue arise.

Pros

The monthly fee is the lowest in Ontario. They used to have fair customer support, now, I think they have only a few people available that make your waiting time unreasonable.

Cons

After several years of using this program, I can tell my colleagues this is a waste of money. You can faster if you use just the WORD processor for your notes. Referrals, prescriptions, navigating CPP - if you have 2 patients in an hour, yeh. may be.

Service for trouble shooting is timely and professionally rendered with a teaching component.

I am very grateful for the expertise provided by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] as he will go through the problem list carefully and come up with a solution. His prompt attention and kind nature is very helpful in a busy pediatric office.

Pros

The medical students find it is excellent as it is systematically configured so they do not miss details e.g review of systems is categorized in detail.

Cons

sometimes the clicks are too many to fax off a Rx to the pharmacy e.g. needing to close the current encounter and then open the Rx tab and then only will the Rx be linked to the encounter.

Thank you for reviewing our software and giving us feedback. We are happy to hear of your experience with our product support team - we pride ourselves on service excellence. We have a solution for easily faxing Rx to pharmacies - if you create your Rx from within the encounter note, then you can see it right away and fax it right away no need to use the Rx tab.

Review of Abel software

very good

Pros

The product is user friendly and drugs are updated regularly

Cons

brand names and generic names are not always available Space for progress notes needs to be increased

Thank you for the review! We strive to continue to improve ABELMed and appreciate the feedback.

Abel Lets you do more

Pros

It is a tool that allows a facility with few employees to do so much more than in the past. We are able to take advantage of the capability of the software and reduce the amounts of cancellations and missed follow-ups of our clients. Going completely paperless is now a possibility.

Cons

Moving between options can be a bit slow especially when booking an appointment with person on the phone

Barry: Thank you for your review of ABELMed Software. It is good to see that you are taking full advantage of the software - in particular, the feature that tracks missed and cancelled appointments so that they can be dealt with in a timely fashion. Please feel free to contact support to get tips on system navigation when booking appointments.

Clinic operations

Pros

Very easy to operate. User friendly. Very convenient for our clinic to operate day to day.

Cons

Never had a problem with the services provided by abelmed.

Paul: Thank for your review of ABELMed. Glad to see it appears to be meeting all your needs and that you are happy with the support.

Tcd review

Pros

Very easy to navigate and self teach. The

Cons

Missing some features that newer EMRs have

Thank you for reviewing ABELMed. We are glad that you have found the software easy to learn and use. There are many recent EMR feature enhancements and improvements to ABELMed that you may be unware of. Please refer to the myABEL Portal to download the latest version and related notes or feel free to contact Support for additional information.

Very Good!

Pros

Allows for remote patient monitoring, reduces hospital stay, improves the overall patient experience

Cons

Requires a whole lot of bottlenecks for institutional approval, and many clinicians are not willing to relearn

This reviewer only left a rating