AdvancedMD for Therapy Reviews

3.85/5 (544 reviews)

Natalie Hults

Advanced MD Review

Reviewed 2019-08-09

We had a rough transition with Advanced MD but overall it has gotten a lot better and we don't have hardly any issues with the system.

Harlan Higginbotham

Not ready for mental health

Reviewed 2018-03-21
Review Source: Software Advice

If you're looking for a powerful billing platform this may be a good system for you to consider. However, if you're looking for a full PM/EHR system to manage a mental health practice this system is not ready and costs too much for what you get.

Julia Westover

PM is great, EHR is just okay

Reviewed 2018-01-17
Review Source: Software Advice

Overall, I am very happy with the PM and "2-3 out of 5" happy with the EHR. Once you become familiar with the difficult quirks, it just becomes second nature. However, what is "second nature" for me now would be appalling to someone who is familiar with a most customizable, more user-friendly EHR.

Dana Knapp

great accounting & EHR program- easy to use, very detailed & avail 24/7-better w/ ea update.

Reviewed 2017-12-06

more than I expected. The accountability for finance is complete. The EHR area is wonderful. Having the program available anywhere is fantastic. PC and Mac perfect!!!!

Anna Bodison

Mostly Good

Reviewed 2017-07-26
Review Source: Software Advice

AdvancedMD has done a superb job with their support team, I really can't say enough about their level of professionalism, expertise and willingness to go above and beyond to help with almost any situation. I've used other practice management products and AdvancedMD is by far the most user friendly.

Andrew Nielsen

Its Complicated

Reviewed 2019-08-23

When it works well I am pretty pleased with the software, but I feel I have had to spend way too many hours trying to get things worked on and fixed, on the phone, on conference calls, and emailing or personal time troubleshooting problems. My job is being a PT and not chasing down software companies to get their job done right. I believe they should provide a customer support person designated to our practice that knows our workflow and has a direct line to work with.

Riaz Shareef

Do not rrecommend

Reviewed 2018-03-10
Review Source: Software Advice

Templates are good. there is not much good to talk about. Any thing good is neutralized by amount of problems.

Becky Drish

I have been very happy with this product and support services for this product!

Reviewed 2017-06-01

Ease of claim billing, scheduler, and faster payment and more consistent payment and entering of payment

Jill Grzeika

I am the coding/billing person for the office.

Reviewed 2016-03-28
Review Source: Software Advice

It is fairly easy to use, once you get familiar with the product.

David Greeley

My review

Reviewed 2019-09-17

Brian Berkey

Overall good billing software program

Reviewed 2017-10-24
Review Source: Software Advice

I am extremely disappointed in Advanced MD customer service. I have been using the product for about 8 years. They market the product as costing less than provider which is not accurate. I have 3 providers in my office and I have to pay /month. They admit to their mistakes in the software codes, but refuse to work with their clients when Advanced MD's mistakes cause significant harm to a practice.

Susan Walker

Occupational Therapists DO NOT USE

Review Source: Software Advice

AFTER I signed a one year contract, my Implementation Trainer revealed she was a specialist in mental health. There was NO specialist in THERAPY. There were NO Occupational Therapy templates I could modify. I was told I could PAY MORE for someone else in another department to create all the templates I was promised and shown. The sales manager talked with me after several weeks and AGREED they could not and did not meet my needs. However, there has been ZERO communication after that. No return calls, no return emails. I continue to be charged monthly for a very expensive service I can not access. The unprofessional operation of such a large company is surprising and unethical. It is a breach if contract-yet I have not been released. The negative impact on my start-up company had been DEVASTATING, yet I can not get a response. I DO NOT RECOMMEND ADVANCED MD unless you are well established and not Occupational Therapy. I don't trust anything they say, as there is no follow up or consistently.

Michael Owens

Great Solution for Practice Management and Billing

Reviewed 2016-11-03
Review Source: Software Advice

Our practice (25+ providers) have been using AdvancedMD billing software for the past 9 months and have been very happy thus far. We switched from Kareo as we needed a more customizable product that could better handle the large number of insurance carriers we interact with. We found Kareo to be extremely limited when billing for patients with multiple insurance policies. While more expensive than other billing software on the market, we have definitely noticed faster payments and cleaner claims going out the door. We are a very analytical company and this is the only billing software we've found that has decent reporting capabilities. Our company only uses the AdvMD's Practice Management software so I cannot speak to their EHR offerings.

Beth Whitney

Pros and Cons for smaller clinics

Reviewed 2019-10-08
Review Source: Software Advice

Customer service was great! The system is certainly capable of handling larger institutions with many different offerings. The server issue was significant as it hurts business when you are in an appointment and cannot load the previous appointment.

Bryan Williams

I am very impressed with AdvancedMD. They have thought of almost everything!

Reviewed 2017-07-21

Efficiency and a more intelligent workflow.

Iris Ballou

Thoughts on AdvancedEHR

Reviewed 2019-09-19

The practice management side is much easier to work with.

Michael Shaft

AdvancedMD has been & still is a very good experience. The implemtation process was very organized

Reviewed 2017-05-25

Its changing our practice, and we will soon be "Chart" free (paper that is).

Tiffanie Boeve Boeve

Once your actually trained the product is great

Reviewed 2019-08-12

It has a lot of really amazing features that really cut down on manual work.

Teresa Stevenson Saiz

Working on AdvanceMD is pretty easy to use if you receive the correct training.

Reviewed 2017-08-15

You are able to enter the charges in different ways, You can have quite a few employees working on the system at the same time. If the Insurance are set up correctly and the procedures are set up, everything can run smoothly. You could run budgets with seeing where your money is.

Lisa Kinstler

Best PM Application out there - HANDS DOWN! NO COMPARISON TO OTHERS THAT ARE CURRENTLY OUT ON THE MARKET - I KNOW.

Reviewed 2016-12-08
Review Source: Software Advice

Listen... My words are worth their weight and gold! I do IT. I know computer software applications in healthcare. I have used almost everyone of them out there and can tell you this.. Billing. If you get another program your business will not be as financially successful as it could be. I know how to build databases, program and can tell you this was written by people who have done the job! I can't rave enough about the product! Worse one out there... Centricity - Most labor intensive billing module there is! It's horrible. It in itself can cause a company to always stay in the red. I am experiencing it now and have twice in the past.Centricity - GET THIS CAN'T PRINT DOSAGE ON PAPER CLAIMS YOU HAVE TO MANUALLY ADD IT. WANT TO PRINT A CLAIM FORM AND SAVE IT TO YOUR DESKTOP - CAN'T. - STAY AWAY FROM CENTRICITY - AMD - WILL BE MORE EXPENSIVE BUT YOU WILL SEE TRIPLE THE CASH FLOW. - IT'S CRAZY THE BLACK AND WHITE OF IT.

Bethany Closs

Not the software for Behavioral Health

Reviewed 2019-06-26
Review Source: Software Advice

Awful. It was expensive, outdated, convoluted, and took way more time than necessary to complete tasks that should have been routine and simple. It was also a nightmare when there was a significant issue that needed support, to actually get a support representative on the phone. It was not uncommon to wait 30+ minutes before ever getting a live representative on the phone. And usually, once on the phone, their "solutions" would take days to weeks before they were able to be completed within our system.

Shannan West

Great Experience, Fantastic Support

Reviewed 2017-12-06

Any time I have had an issue or a question on how to make something work for our needs the support personnel at Advanced MD / EHR have stayed on the phone and walked me through my question until I understood everything, they would then even make suggestions on how to make it more efficient. They always seem to go the extra mile every time you need them. The whole system from the support team to the software is easy to use and very multi-functional.

Melissa Frost

Best software yet

Reviewed 2019-08-09

Generally positive, I wish the support line was available in WEST COAST time zone till 5pm or later, when questions would arise during the 1st year of implementation, and they were closed when we needed the most support.

Pamela Morand

AMAZING. THE CONCIERGE OF MEDICAL SOFTWARE.

Reviewed 2018-02-16
Review Source: Software Advice

I like everything about the product. But what I like most is how they listen to their customers. Us. They take our ideas and wants and make them reality. They have us meet with their engineers and designers to show them what we like and what we need. They take our ideas and incorporate them into the software. Then come back. Show us what they have done with our ideas. Then make them a reality. They listen then produce. Always giving us things to make our lives easier. A clinician is the person that should be designing the medical software. Everyone wants better and bigger. That’s what you get with ADVANCEDMD. You can’t go wrong with them.

Bob Nyikos

The system works well but is substantially more expensive than our previous system

Reviewed 2017-08-18

The software is like all the others on the market but is actually a little less user friendly when changes are necessary to the template. easy to use in scheduling and billing and demographic entry

Neera Khooblall

Very efficient

Reviewed 2018-05-11

I like (1)how the task of entering claims is highly efficient (2) The claim center feature of scrubbing claims before they are sent out (3) the ease of navigating between each window, how reports are easily accessible and can be printed in any format. The collections is very useful for keeping track of overdue balances all in one window. Also insurance eligibilty feature is a life saver for every day use accessing and verifying patient's insurance.

Matthew Hobbs

Not the best for PT

Reviewed 2019-09-28

We recently tried switching from WEBPT to AMD but we lost more money than we gained from the switch so we will be switching back to WEBPT. The problems were being solved but more problems were surfacing and we do not have time for solving more problems and not seeing patients along with not being medicare compliant.

Ramana Gopalan

Complicated software : Not really built for small/micro practices

Reviewed 2015-01-18
Review Source: Software Advice

We had a great trainer after pronounced delay at start up. They left no time for multiple, complex issues, especially to solve problems for new users. Initial load of basic data was delayed (3 months), because the programmer was sick. ADP AMD did not compensate for time lost and was very strict about scheduling training times.. They would give no leeway or flexibility. So many of the very complex components of the software went unexplained and unreviewed at the time of training. I have no references to other users in my area.

Gary Weessies

Reviewed 2012-12-17
Review Source: Software Advice

After 4 months post going paperless, I can say AdvancedMD has been a mixed bag. We are a multispecialty group that primarily deals with workers compensation which requires a plethora of individualized forms and data. We use both the Practice Mangement (PM) billing program and the Electronic Health Records (EHR) program, but we only use the PM to hold information as billing in workers compensation must be done separately by another company. The PM is counterintuitive with it being practically impossible to track and tag custom information. For instance, we need to track attorney names and address attached to a case/patient. There are custom data entry fields, but these fields are not accessable by any reporting, datasheet, or anywhere within the PM or EHR. I couldn't build a simple demosheet in the PM. The EHR can only get some information from the PM program and only in the predesignated format which is strange. So, if you want the diagnoses from the billing program you can only get it as a table with attached start, chronic, and resolved dates (dates which can't be accessed from the EHR). We had to repeat the data in the EHR for many instances like this. Where AdvancedMD shines is the possibilities for programming custom reports in the EHR. While the interface can be frustrating with inane quirks, it is possible to create true detailed narrative reports. I have incredibly detailed reports that are quickly generated from the exam, but it took me over 150 hours to program. The customizable reports are why we stayed with AdvancedMD. Recording exams and handling chart items in the EHR is a breeze. The iLearn program is good. They can even do basic customization for you. You have to realize that someone at your office needs to become the expert on the system. You cannot depend on anyone at AdvancedMD to be able to change your templates later on. It is, however, relatively easy. Technical support can only reread the help files for you. In summary, we love the EHR organization and the custom report ability. We don't like the PM program due to its inability to have any custom date and some of the quirks of programming the EHR. If they made just a few basic functionalities available and had technical service, they could have a product that was head and shoulders above the rest.

derek calub

Overall a great medical in house billing software and insurance check

Reviewed 2018-06-25

Cloud based in house billing, insurance eligibility checks on each patient that comes in and it can be set up to be run before patient ever walks through the door, easy back end work on denied claims, and reasonably priced availability to send out patient bills

Jody Thompson

Great Program with intrigal functionality

Reviewed 2017-02-23
Review Source: Software Advice

I have a Medical Billing Business and their CBO feature allows me to work several practices at the same time. I also like that if the practice is using another EHR software they can integrate with Advanced MD and the charges come over very smoothly to review. Overall Great Product.

Rock LeClair

Medical Billing

Reviewed 2019-08-23

So many bells and whistles it can be overwhelming. It is not user friendly for Billing Companies.

Patty Zambrello

Satisfied Long Standing Client

Reviewed 2017-06-22
Review Source: Software Advice

We have been a client for many years are very satisfied.

Doreen H

Very Disappointed

Reviewed 2018-10-13

They will promise the moon and stars leaving you staring up at a black sky! I suggest you look elsewhere!

paul wood

Advancedmd- Switch from Practice Fusion

Reviewed 2018-06-26
Review Source: Software Advice

It is a bit overwhelming to switch over to a product like this, but I think is well worth the effort in the long run. The support and training teams have been excellent and very responsive. They gave me a very low price /month as a solo practitioner, since I won't be using a lot of it's more advanced features.

Aaron Walton

Good product, terrible customer 'service'

Reviewed 2019-08-16

It's helped eliminate a lot of manual effort with scanning in documents. THe reporting is pretty good. However, the implementation managers are terrible. They start presentations telling you that they will not respond for 48 hours to calls or emails outside of standing meetings. What they should say is that they won't respond at all. This mentality is common to all of the support staff.

Donna Kim

Very easy to learn and use.

Review Source: Software Advice

We recently had to leave Adv MD because our EHR, that we had before Adv MD, recently developed scheduling and billing modules. That kept everything under one roof, but we still miss the convenience of the many features of Adv MD that our EHR does not have. I have no reservation in recommending Adv MD.

Manish Singh

Robust but custom report is painful

Reviewed 2018-06-14
Review Source: Software Advice

Very detailed and every module is designed keeping the provider need in mind and to provide powerful case management and billing functionality

MaryEllen Hartman

I am completely a new-beeeee!! It has been a short learning curve type of system -

Reviewed 2017-07-17

Most of it makes sense in a synopsis = I have not been a computer user overall and to actually begin with this system on a daily basis was a definite concern to me ,sleepless nights, that kind of thing. However, there was nothing to be concerned with. Its too easy!

Cindy Richardson

Advance MD Review

Reviewed 2016-02-01
Review Source: Software Advice

I love the user friendly practice management software. Being user friendly not just on the front office end but the back office billing end. From sales, set up, training and support they are there for you!! I cant say this about most softwares. Usually after the sale and set up you are on your own. Not AMD they want to hear from you. They are there to help that clients whether adding new services or just a daily support call. If you have a comment or idea on how something can be better they are listening. The pricing is excellent and affordable. Their pm software is robust without being complicated which speaks volumes to the medical community.

Gary Rogers

Advanced MD has given our business the leg up on the competition

Reviewed 2016-01-27
Review Source: Software Advice

My firm OBT Billing Services, LLC made a corporate decision to move all of all providers to Advanced MD over a year ago. Since the partnership began the advanced MD software product has streamlined our services and claims processing 10 fold. Many of our 40+ providers were using a third party ehr which integrated into advanced MD taking the manual labor out of our day. Our providers love the back end use of the dashboard and the thoroughness of the advanced insight reporting tool. As far as EHR goes our two largest providers groups are completely thrilled with the complete package of practice management and EHR. In my 26 years in the medical billing area I have found that advanced MD's training and support provided by advanced MD is second to none.

Anjum Asad

Pleased with the software but they need to improve the functionality, compatibilty

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2017-02-23
Review Source: Software Advice

AdvancedMD is a good and extensive program, I think as I am learning the program more and more, I realize it can do more, but Implementation team is not strong at the company as per my experience. if they would have trained us right from day 1, I would not be having the problems now what I am facing (The templates to meet the QM and MU were not set up right despite asking multiple time0

Tristan Kattenberg

It’s not good

Reviewed 2019-08-09

The tec support are helpful but the software does not improve. Also the representative they assign to help you is useless

Janai Bassler

We have been a customer with AdvancedMD since 2009.

Reviewed 2017-05-23
Review Source: Software Advice

I really like the ease of learning and using the scheduling software. I am also very pleased with the support that is available, I am always treated with respect and the people are very knowledgeable and pleasant to work with. I have also enjoyed working with the Relationship Manager. She was instrumental in getting us started with AdvancedMD and I have been able to work closely with her over the years, she is always professional, knowledgeable and attentive, someone I know I can count on for answers.

Gwen Misevch

Advanced MD Provides Effective Solutions for Practices

Reviewed 2019-08-23

I really enjoy working with this company. I find them friendly and helpful. The software has its occasional problems (cloud-based can be effected by server issues, internet connectivity, etc) but they are never issues that last long - AMD is quick to act to take care of their customers.

Quentin Birdwell

Like the PM/EHR (even with pop-up ads), avoid Billing Service.

Reviewed 2016-09-06
Review Source: Software Advice

There is more functionality built into the reporting side than we will ever use. We're a small practice (1 provider) and in terms of the software (PM and EHR), it exceeds our needs in functionality in almost every way. The user interface is a bit cumbersome (and now includes pop-up medication advertising, which is annoying...) in our setting (Family Practice), but not too complicated. The system up-time has been impressive. In the last year, I don't recall more than 2 brief interruptions, the longest of which was about 1/2 of a day and corrected by the next AM when we returned to work.

Jenna Crawford

Over Promised and Under Delivered

Reviewed 2014-06-02
Review Source: Software Advice

The integrated workflow included a PM platform that would have worked well for the billers and the EHR note templates were intuitive to the clinicians. The IT team seems very knowledgeable and helpful.

Lairie Burns

Advanced MD

Reviewed 2019-08-16

I highly recommend Advanced MD.

Jeremy Jones

Stay Away!

Reviewed 2017-05-03
Review Source: Software Advice

Software itself has tremendous capabilities, advanced patient is nice, checking patient in thru ipad

David Ross

Mo' Money, Mo' Problems.

Reviewed 2016-12-21
Review Source: Software Advice

The PM software works as expected. We have saved about 35 work hours/week using AdvancedMD over our previous billing system. We hit so many bumps while working with the implementation team. They had a set script and any deviation led to multiple challenges. It took weeks to get questions answered. They didn't appear to take notes in meetings or put the follow-up actions on a to-do list. Despite what had been worked out with the sales team, the implementation team was unaware of our specific contract details. Hopefully, they've gotten the training or support they needed. We appealed to leadership in the sales department to get expert help, and to AdvancedMD's credit they recognized the problem and connected us with a fantastic person. PM Implementation took months longer than "normal" according to the schedule they provided us, and EHR implementation is ongoing a year after we signed the contract. I believe our implementation will succeed, however pyrrhic. It's been rough. I've fallen in love with paper in a way I couldn't have imagined twelve months ago.

Katherine Wolf

AdvancedMD PM Software an Excellent, Well Supported Product

Reviewed 2015-10-30
Review Source: Software Advice

The PM software is very complete. It does everything in a well thought out way. There is a complete set of available reports with many options for customization. And it all even works! Support is readily available. The support folks are friendly and very helpful. If the person you get doesn't know the answer, s/he finds somebody who does and gets you question answered or problem resolved. I've used other software. One was quite good. The second was not good. This one is the best.

Dorothy Mccarthy

Beats the Rest of Them

Review Source: Software Advice

We have been customers for over ten years. The PM portion of the program is very intuitive and user friendly. Learn all aspects of it, and you will run a better and provide improved patient care.

Tasha Broussard

Practice Setting versus Hospital Setting

Reviewed 2017-02-24
Review Source: Software Advice

I am in the Psychiatric/Mental Health/Addictions Field and have been using AdvancedMD since 2014. The EHR side of the software is designed for a practice setting and is not able to accommodate medical providers that see patients strictly in a hospital setting. However, the software is wonderful for a practice setting or a hospital provider who chooses not to use the EHR. I have been in the medical billing field for 25 years+ and I must say that I would recommend this software. Compared to the other software companies that are currently marketing their products, AdvancedMD offers all of the bells and whistles.

Jenifer Owens

Cannot recommend

Reviewed 2018-01-17
Review Source: Software Advice

PM easy to use and EHR is customizable over all the software is set up in a easy to use and understand platform

Peter Lakis

Phenomenal support and great software so far.

Reviewed 2016-01-25
Review Source: Software Advice

1. Service/support/training: I am halfway through training with their medical billing software and couldn't be happier. Their team from sales to training, to the implementation specialist tasked with setting up every single one of our payors has been exemplary. In light of full disclosure, I had one bump in the road initially with a team member's communication but as soon as I communicated my dissatisfaction and what had happened, the staff promptly took responsibility, exhibited empathy, compassion and transparency and set me up with a new great trainer that same day. The ability to take responsibility for mistakes and fix them is a huge litmus test for me and speaks volumes to the integrity of their staff. 2. Again, I am a new user so there is still a lot to learn, but what I have experienced so far is a claims scrubber that is SO efficient and easy to use that I am getting my work done in minutes that I thought would take hours. Processing payments is proving to be equally quick and easy.

Pati Bean

I've been using AdvancedMD for over 5yrs now and they are always trying to learn and advance.

Reviewed 2017-07-13

We had an old DOS program. So this is way better!

Peggy Braxton

MIPS

Reviewed 2017-07-21
Review Source: Software Advice

I am very appreciative of the support staff but one in particular, Beth Linker. I can't tell you how helpful she has been to our company. She stayed on the phone in the past countless times until I understood all the changes and requirements for MACRA MIPs (which is a task in itself) and is available to me whenever is convenient for us. Thank you BETH!!

Jill Grzeika

This software is JUST ok. Not as user friendly as our original software.

Reviewed 2018-05-14

Posting payments from the "quick pay" screen. It is nice to know which patient was "last" posted, when I have to leave that screen. For the most part, the adjustments are automatically done, but occasionally I run into a problem with the adjustment not being done.

Jeanette Williams-Lewis

Excellent software for insurance billing

Reviewed 2019-03-06

A simple to use software for billing insurance claims. We use Practice Fusion and this is one of the few billing softwares that will "talk" to our EMR. The system is simple to set up and the company can have you up and running (using their clearinghouse) within about 4 weeks. Customer support is good. They respond quickly. Functionality saves time with ERA's and automatic posting. We have a single provider and this works great.

Adnan Tas

AdvancedMD is a cohesive software suite. It is good system for you to consider for full PM/EHR.

Reviewed 2018-04-10

Not to disclose right now.

Shannon Brehmer

Decent system for a small practice

Reviewed 2018-02-06

The system is pretty straight forward and easy to use. The basic billing features (submitting claims, posting payments) are easy to do. The collections module is helpful and the authorization tracking is pretty nice.

Ashley Braden

Very pleasant with few problems. No major complaints.

Reviewed 2018-05-14

No major commitments, easy usage and all inclusive support.

Robin Anderson

Decent PMS

Reviewed 2017-11-09
Review Source: Software Advice

Good interface with our EHR and credit card payment company. Detailed scheduling and decent array of available reports. Relatively easy to use but templates must be manually entered annually, they cannot be copied for replication.

Solvita Borg

The system is hard to implement, once it is implemented for most of the parts working smoothly.

Reviewed 2018-05-08

I am able to run practice from one software.

Pati Bean

AMD Software

Reviewed 2019-05-16
Review Source: Software Advice

AMD has been very helpful in all aspects on my day to day business. It does most everything I need it to for my office. I've been a customer since 2012 and wouldn't consider changing to anything else. I once used the phrase when aproched by another software company, "Why would I give up my Mercedes and drive a Volkswagon Bus?"

Mike Daane

Always Happy with My Decision

Reviewed 2016-11-29

I have been a using the AdvancedMD software for almost 4 years now. I have been very pleased from the start. I am a medical billing client so I have brought on several new clients and the onboarding process is made very easy with all of the support that is provided.

Andrew Wall

Insight is Great

Reviewed 2017-04-20
Review Source: Software Advice

Overall we have had great a great experience with AdvancedMD. The addition of insight has been a game changer, it should be included in the price however

Linda Gay

Overall the system is user friendly and easy to use.

Reviewed 2018-03-07

Some benefits include being able to see all previous visits, be connected to the pharmacies, print prescriptions from patient's EHR.

Linda Bates

Excellent software, customer service is the best.

Reviewed 2017-12-14

Demographics flow over from Practice Fusion, claims/superbills flow from Practice Fusion, EOBs/ERA/s are readily available for me, system is available at any time for me to work.

Jennifer Fasi

Sharp layout but lacks custom template design feature offered by other softwares.

Reviewed 2017-07-11

The new layout looks more modern however the old layout provided clearer understanding of patient load for day and allowed for better clinic timing assessment.

Justin Amaro

Terrible Customer Service

Reviewed 2015-08-25
Review Source: Software Advice

Multiple screens available at one time is helpful. More functional PM than Health Fusion, but that's not saying a lot.

Kacy Nichols

ADVANCED MD SOFTWARE REVIEW

Reviewed 2016-11-29

Advanced MD is doing some is doing some much needed upgrades. Reports are much better and easier to breakdown into categories then previously. However, since upgrade of Collection module, more difficult to use and not as user friendly as before upgrade. Insurance reversal has always been more complicated than it should be.

Niraj Mehta

Good product. Sales team promises did not always match up with actual product/services offered

Reviewed 2018-06-19
Review Source: Software Advice

I would still purchase AdvancedMD. I would just go slower and be more diligent about understanding everything

Ally White

Fantastic Program!

Reviewed 2016-08-25
Review Source: Software Advice

I have worked as an Office Manager/Practice Manager/Billing Specialist for 7 years and this program has surpassed any of the others that I have worked with. I would recommend it to anyone who has their operation fully in house. It has the ability to run reports, submit claims and eligibility quickly, track authorizations and not have many hold ups in between entering notes and actual claim submission. You can track productivity in the office staff and providers. Tech Support is always available when/if I need them during business hours and resolutions seem to be quick and fairly simple.

Pam Gregory

Billing Manager

Reviewed 2018-07-24
Review Source: Software Advice

The software works well with a multi office clinic.

Keri Covington

User friendly software, great support!

Reviewed 2016-08-25
Review Source: Software Advice

There are two really amazing aspects to this product. One is the ICD 10 coding abilities. It is so user friendly that you could virtually have no knowledge of coding and be able to use this software for billing with the terribly confusing ICD-10 codes. The other huge plus is being able to chat online instantly with someone from support at any time. A large majority of the time, they can handle any issues right then and there.

Gena Tarrell

Primarily positive although recently there has been very slow response time

Reviewed 2017-07-18

I like the ease of being able to schedule, send claims, get answers. I am impressed with almost all of the representatives I talk to. Your software is expensive but the savings and efficiency has been worth it.

Patricia Norris

Not for everyone

Reviewed 2019-08-20
Review Source: Software Advice

If there was a glitch, then getting support to fix the glitch was a nightmare. When I finally gave up, manager of support services helped but not until I had 2 weeks of downtime.

Michael Zaghikian

Easy to use, simplifies billing, eliminates redundancies.

Reviewed 2015-11-03
Review Source: Software Advice

The AdvancedMD platform offers many excellent features, its hard to point out a favorite, as all of the features are so important and effective in their respective functions. All in all, I would have to say the best feature is the transparency of the platform. It allows our physicians to utilize the program with all of their data available to them, and our progress as a medical billing company. AdvancedMD cares about their clients, they are always available and are eager to take our suggestions and implement them. We feel like our physicians practice, and our business is in good hands when we use their products.

Matt Perry

PhySource Solutions Leverages AdvancedMD to Deliver Services

Reviewed 2015-11-05
Review Source: Software Advice

We are most impressed with the range of product features and modules that address each portion of a medical practice. The ease of use of this application makes it easy for our staff to complete daily tasks at industry leading levels to ensure consistent client satisfaction. The user-friendliness also makes the on-boarding of new clients a quick, easy transition.

Linda Wilson

System is slow

Reviewed 2019-03-13
Review Source: Software Advice

It’s just OK. We’re going to keep it for now until we go to full EMR mode. Right now we are just using the practice management part. Just very very frustrating to have to wait for the server to catch up all the time

Barry Feinstein

Advanced Patient

Reviewed 2019-09-27

Fair. Needs improvement but it does the job

Byrd Evans

AdvancedMD was selected for our billing service platform

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2017-07-10
Review Source: Software Advice

I have been very happy with the overall AdvancedMD platform and compared to most PM software it is extremely easy to use and to teach staff. It is a logical software and they have some exceptional staff on board with the company..

Denise Mendez

I'm trying to understand how to use it properly. Not sure I like it.

Reviewed 2017-07-13

I like that the schedule is on the side and how I can pull patients from there and code and enter my charges. Everything I need on one screen.

REBECCA JONES

Advanced MD is easy to learn. Not as intimidating as first feared.

Reviewed 2017-08-15

making scheduling easy.

Kamin Soogrim

an effective software that is compatible to our needs

Reviewed 2017-12-08
Review Source: Software Advice

We are an ophthalmologist office and has been working with Advancedmd for over 10 years, that speaks for itself.

WENDY LEITH

Good product overall

Reviewed 2018-05-08

We went from using a hard drive and doing back ups to the cloud which has been really nice as we can use the product from anywhere.

Rob Manjura

Great relationship

Reviewed 2017-07-31
Review Source: Software Advice

We look forward to working with AMD and constantly striving towards excellence for our providers and their staff.

Denise Adorna Alex

Very happy with AMD and software. Customer service is excellent and helpful.

Reviewed 2017-11-09

Easy to maneuver around. Like that you have options to use for different tasks, such as posting payments, posting charges. I can use one way to get through fast and easy and/or another way to be more detailed if needed.

Lianna Johnston

One of the best EHR systems we have worked with!

Reviewed 2018-05-08

It is very user friendly. Templates are created by the customer and designed specifically for the usage they serve. All of the information is in one area which makes obtaining old physician or therapy notes easy.

Anish Menon

Excellent - AdvancedMD

Reviewed 2017-04-12
Review Source: Software Advice

Should format with Excel automatically when we run the report.

paul wood

Good value but has some limitations

Reviewed 2016-10-27
Review Source: Software Advice

I had purchased advanced MD after comparing it to Valant , Dr Chrono and Practice Choice. Based on the reviews and pricing, this looked like the best product for a combined EHR/Billing/Prescriptions. All the vendors were very willing to negotiate price and the customer service with Advanced MD looked very promising. After buying the product, I was not able use it with my apple computer. The salesperson thought it was compatible, but even though it is cloud based, the billing module needs Active x in windows explorer. They will supposedly make the fix by March of 2017, but I had to ask for a refund because it wouldn't be fully functional for me. The salesperson was very understanding, and they promised to refund all the money. I was disappointed, but would have happily purchased this software

Danica Nelson

Advanced Md Billing

Reviewed 2018-10-16

Entering, editing, and submitting claims is easy to do, a step by step guide assist you. Patient billing has ticker system which makes it easy to keep up with who is paying, making monthly payment arrangement payments, and who is not paying.

Paul DeJohn Jr

Great Customer Service Great Value

Reviewed 2018-12-04
Review Source: Software Advice

You will be very happy with the AdvancedMD system. Whether you are a one physician practice or have a dozen physicians, this is a great program to work with.

Linda Wilson

Advanced MD review

Reviewed 2018-03-08
Review Source: Software Advice

It's a user friendly practice management system. I like many of the features compared to other practice manage systems we have had. There are so many reports and their claim scrubbing module is nice. The patient scheduler is easy to read and re-schedule patients.

Nancy Dolin

A good system for billing and recording patient information.

Reviewed 2018-05-08

It is pretty straightforward to use. I like that you have to hit save in order to save your changes for the rare cases when the changes were accidentally made under the wrong patient (i.e., looking up a patient and their name may populate in the responsible party space instead of the search place).

Tiffany Murphy

ADVANCE MD BILLING IS GREAT!

Reviewed 2017-02-09
Review Source: Software Advice

I started working with AdvanceMd in May of 2016. I have never done any billing or office type job in my 12 years of working, but AdvanceMd made it look like a piece of cake. It was simply to understand and there was always help just a phone call away. 90% of the time the support team always had an answer and was quite to solve the problem.

Kerri Pippen

Quality Billing Software for Small Businesses

Reviewed 2018-12-23

Overall, AdvancedMD is good software. It is a very useful software that is very affordable. Many small businesses that I know of use it and get the job done with ease and is a great resource for billing. I believe AdvancedMD is a software companies who do not have a large revenue should try for billing, it goes well with Practice Fusion.

Kathy Chase

Excellent Customer Support

Reviewed 2018-05-10

The ease of workflow from scheduling, check in and through to check out. The advancedMD Fax is a wonderful time saver to file all records into the patient's chart. Also, the tasks are a great way to reminder yourself for an upcoming ToDo.

Margo McCollister

Very user friendly and the support provided is always helpful.

Reviewed 2017-07-13

I am now able to keep my patient information organized and my financials are easily accessible for accounting purposes.