athenaOne Reviews - Page 6

Great outpatient practice EHR

Athena is very user friendly and has the key elements for a successful transition to EHR. It is fairly pediatric friendly, though check in could be improved for kids. The portal is a nice feature for parents but we are still working on what gets "published" on it. The support folks are hit or miss. You do have to wait and they can't always fix it in real time. However, they are constantly improving!

Pros

Quick easy documentation. Nice pediatric features.

Cons

Too many clicks for documenting vaccines. Tough to find old documents, you have to use a clumsy search tool.

Athena EMR

I like the flow sheets that I can review multiple measures including a variety of labs, over a period of time. Also can see pertinent medications, variety of labs.

Pros

Being to configure your own facesheet., current flow sheets

Cons

Reporting issues that can't have dates set. Streamline can show labs, but you would have to build flowsheets. Some of the features of the flow sheets have been separated, when having them together was a pro

Easy to use but has flaws

Overall, it keeps medical charts organized and it is easy to update and change information. They do try to update the software regularly, so that is nice.

Pros

It is generally easy to use. A recent update in the last year, so the layout is much improved. It is pretty user-friendly.

Cons

First, there is not enough security in terms of being able to secure certain types of notes to keep them from being accessible to people within your network. Second, when you send patient cases back and forth, there is no notification of new notes on an open case.

Good product

Transition to AthenaHealth and working with the product has been relatively easy. Patient's chart is on one page, no need to open endless smaller windows. Electronic faxing definitely cut down on the office consumption of the paper. I have been working with AthenaHealth for 3.5 years now and will not change it for any other EMR.

Pros

Cloud based - easy to work from home, updates show up automatically. Fantastic support!!! Flow of the patient visits are nice. Easy to see current and historical prescriptions.

Cons

Searching for inbox faxed documents is not easy. Faxing out only to a single recipient.

Not necessarily pediatric friendly......

One of the negatives about Athena is that it is not geared towards pediatric patients - AT ALL! The check in page asks for marital status - well, most of our patients are single since they are infants or toddlers:). Patient e-mail is also asked about and most of our patients do not have their own e-mail address since they are kids. While the support is typically instant, they often have to get back to us and it often takes weeks! Or they just tell you to submit it and they'll review whether or not it is "worthy enough" to change/fix, etc.

Pros

Once you get used to it, it does move seamlessly for the most part.

Cons

Not pediatric friendly!

Frustrating!

I started working w/Athena in Aug 2016. Since then our Admin has been advising me to call or web chat, search online & use the search features Athena has to offer. I have NEVER gotten a question resolved by calling. I end up walking the "helper" through the features & page. This was very upsetting. I've been put on hold for 20 minutes at a time while an "advisor" looks up a solution in their manual....

Pros

billing features are simple; insurance program automatically runs insurances to see if they are active

Cons

I've been in Ophthalmology for over 15 years. As a scheduling manager, the features are not user-friendly, as I have worked with 4 different programs. Look to NextGen for template applications & features. It would be great to implement them to Athena. There are color coded columns, ability to apply templates over templates without taking out exception days, ability to write a VISIBLE book note at the top of the doctor's schedule to alert the schedules, etc. Also, the features include looking a multiple doctors schedules at a time and even ability to view several different books or multiple doctors!

EHR/athenahealth

I feel the software compared to other EMR is pretty easy to use. Athenanet is always doing updates trying to improve the process. They have just done major upgrades in the last couple of months. Their customer service and tech support are always there when needed.

Pros

Cons

When they did the upgrades you now cannot see the refills on the scripts unless you go into the full encounter or when filled. Also, you use to be able to cut and paste in all areas within intake and exam sections and now you cannot. Meds cannot be copied and pasted into other fills like before.

The Cutting Edge

We have been using Athena since Aug. of 2012. We have been very pleased with all three products. I love that Athena is on the cutting edge of technology and leading the market in its field.

Pros

I love that it can be accessed anywhere and thru a secure connection. I also love that my 12 providers can individualize the product to their needs. It does not require that each provider use it the same.

Cons

Occasionally Athena will roll out an update that creates some problems but they are usually attentive to complaints and they try to resolve them expeditiously.

Excellent EHR

Before having EHR we had another big name EHR that continually tried to nickel and dime us for almost every addon. Athena made it to where we were able to take away in-house billing uncertainties and not miss out on billing issues that can get lost in an electronic system. We have already started making more money with Athena on lost billing that it covers the cost of the services.

Pros

the ease of use when working claims and the transparency of where the billing is currently sitting.

Cons

Some things require more clicks than other EHRs but I believe that it directly correlates with their quickness in receiving back claim EOBS.

Excellent but complex

Somewhat pricey but for all practical purpose, it's a complete system. The support is not too bad but you need lots of practice and mistakes to really finally understand how it works. The accounting system if very complex; you almost have to be a CPA to understand how it's functioning. Overall, it's an industry standard and ranks with some of the best.

Pros

The through coverage of all aspects of a medical practice, large or small. It incorporates everything an office needs to accomplish and tries to make it complete.

Cons

complexity of the accounting portion is extremely hard to learn and takes a lot of time to learn. It requires constant attention to detail and gets out of control quickly if not monitored constantly.

A simple EHR system

Pros

A easy to use EHR system that my older co-workers who weren't computer savey were able to operate. Patient loved using the patient portal and it made my job much easier. Having everything from patient labs, office notes, current meds all on page made made use of this system very helpful.

Cons

We have had multiple billing issues with this system as well as problems with the system crashing after updates. I have noticed that some patient info was lost after updates as well.

Fantastic!!

Increased revenue, better quality indicators, MU and MIPS support, revenue cycle support

Pros

This software is very user friendly. We are using them in out clinic, ED, and IP space with no issues. There is a learning curve, like any EHR, but once your staff get it there is no turning back. Within 60 days of going live our hospital revenue increased by 11%. Their customer service is amazing, our account manager is on site every month and calls in weekly. I didn't get this from Epic, CPSI, or Meditech!

Cons

I would like to see more people within their CSC. This company is growing fast, and a few extra hands to assist with questions would be beneficial.

Extremely powerful program backed by good customer service

Pros

This program is extremely powerful. Because it does so much, at first using it seems a bit daunting but once you get the hang of it you will love it. The fact that it is cloud based means you can work from anywhere in a pinch. You are not anchored to the office in order to finish your dictation or working the AR report. If inclement weather closes the office, the billing office can continue bringing in the revenue from home, doctors can work on their dictation from home, the office, or hospital. I also love the American based customer service. If I can't figure out how to get Athena to do something I need or want it to do, I call customer service, reach a representative who speaks and understands English clearly, and then get a walk through on how to solve my problem.

Cons

Athena is currently in the process of switching all of their users to a new version called Streamline. Our office has not yet made the switch but we are apprehensive about being forced out of a system that we know is awesome into a system that we don't know.

Definetly recommend Athena

Overall Athena is great from a user stand point. Usually, support is good, but if you're not a super user then you're out of luck.

Pros

This EMR is so easy to use. I am new to civilian EMR systems and I was able to pick it up quite easily. Scheduling and billing are simple and straight forward.

Cons

You need super user access to make any update and no one in the office has that capability even the owner and the support is usually good, but if you don't have super user access they're pretty much useless.

athena has converted our practice into a ppo money making machine.

Pros

After a month of training and learning a whole new approach to patient management I am pleased to say that I would recommend Athena to any practice that would like to improve efficiency and increase revenue. We would never go back to the old way of medical management after 6 months on Athena EHR.

Cons

As the clinic administrator and medical biller, I am have a key role in overall patient flow. The only negative I can give is that there is no way to view a patients e&m code history as I am coding the final billing slip. If there was a way that Athena can integrate a claim tab that in one click I could instantly view the patients claim history as I am finishing the current billing slip I think that would improve the overall system.

EHR is a Must Have Product

I would like to see an online time clock with hours for employees when they come in to work. It would be beneficial to incorporate with our EHR.

Pros

The software is user friendly and usually pretty easy to use. I have multiple employee's and when training can pick up on software pretty quickly. Has MIPS and acceptable use policies built in. Billing and coding is pretty easy. Templates help speed the use of the program.

Cons

More advanced selections and reporting is a little difficult at times. Customer service can help most of the time, depending on your representative. I think it should also integrate an online employee time clock to the program.

BEST SOFTWARE AND COMPANY FOR AN EHR!!

ATHENAONE HAS BEEN THE BEST EHR I HAVE EVER USED AND REALLY HAS SAVED EVERYONE IN THE OFFICE ALOT OF TIME AND MADE US ALOT OF MONEY!!

Pros

Everything. They offer up to date technology and un-endless support. You can always get questions answered easily and quickly. The claims are processed super fast and worked even faster. They have the best system I have ever seen in claims and processing!

Cons

There is absolutely nothing I do not like about this software!!

Athena EMR

Cloud storage nice. Ease of use good but especially like the ability to customize to make this “ mine”

Pros

I love the ability to customize my reports, letters and templates. I love the photo capture. It’s also very nice not to have to scan papers in. Athena call forwards office fax number so all documents are faxed in with generated bar codes for filing

Cons

I’d like problems at end of encounter to show ICD codes and also generate over to the proble m list

ENT office of 2 Docs, NP and Audiologists

We find it to be extremely easy to use, easy to train new employees on and overall a good practice management system. We do not use the EMR, so i can not comment on that.

Pros

Ease of use! Updates are always great and effortless to learn. Easy to reach customer service compared with other PM systems

Cons

Outsourcing to India is not always great experience, but you do get someone.

athenaHealth for business efficiency and ecomonic sustainability

Pros

athenaHealth has been a vital part of our business structure since 2005. We rely on athenaHealth for business efficiency and for the documentation of our patients’ medical records. The document management, the interfaces, the quality management tools, the portal and many other features built into this EHR are paramount to the success of our providers and ultimately the financial success of our practice. The athenaHealth product continues to evolve at a rapid pace in this ever-changing world of healthcare.

Cons

The insurance referral documentation process. We can document well, but cannot FAX directly from the system. I think there is a new solution in development at athena to address this issue.

ZERO CUSTOMER SUPPORT

Pros

It has a lot of the bells and whistles that you need for a EMR and of course they've available during implementation.

Cons

Customer support is non-existent once you finish implementation. We are in limbo now as we use it with ipads/iphones and since the IOS upgraded, athena isn't compatible. They said they'll look into it and after a week of waiting, we have no answer and no one to speak to. As well, you need to create a ticket for everything and it takes a good 30-45 minutes to even get simple answers. They assign you a "customer success" manager after implementation but they don't know any clinical answers. We asked to speak to a manager and 10 days later, still waiting for this to happen. I even tweeted athena to see if I could get a quicker reply and no answer.

All-in-one Medical Billing platform

Pros

Our company found AthenaHealth to be the best Healthcare Billing Software we have ever used. It is so ingrained in our daily tasks that I can no longer imagine use functioning properly as a profitable business with the freedom to cultivate creative expressions and innovations without it. Their Customer Service staff are always helpful and take their time with you as if you were the only customer in the world.

Cons

The software takes some getting used. Customer Service is extremely helpful but hold times can be excruciating - especially when you need the software right then and there

Athena Practice Management

I have been with Athena for 10 years now and love the Practice Management side. We do not use the EMR side so I can not comment on that. I would definitely recommend anyone that is looking for a great PM system Athena is the #1 by far. The reports are easy to read and build and the customer support is also amazing. We left the PM side when we joined a multi specialty group for a year. It was the biggest mistake we made and now we have come back to Athena and we will never leave them.

Pros

very easy to navigate

Cons

I have none

Great product for our office

We went from an EMR that inserted other patient's information into current patient's chart and was difficult to sort out from a billing standpoint to AthenaHealth and have been thrilled. Charting takes too long with any EMR but Athena helps to keep things organized and has short cuts to help with efficiency.

Pros

The ability to run reports for Meaningful Use, Patient Centered Medical Home, financial reports, etc to see how we are doing with patient care and with our business. The patient portal is excellent.

Cons

Fitting some of the templates to apply to pediatric patients can be challenging.

TERRIBLE revenue cycle management

Pros

Everything except RCM. It is an easy software to use.

Cons

There is so much about RCM that is bad. I am currently doing the majority of the work because it is taking 2 to 3 months for payments or correspondence to be posted. They are taking a percentage of our revenue and I am the one doing all of the work. It is completely unfair. They blame it on the pandemic but that makes no sense since this is a new problem.