AxisCare Logo
AxisCare

Empowering Home Care Through State-of-the-Art Software

visit website

AxisCare Reviews - Page 2

I used to have complaints over Axiscare but it has been developing and becoming more user friendly.

I do wish that we could have some kind of way to maybe press and hold shift or control then individually click each visit (or press and hold the left mouse button and then drag over visits) to adjust those times... kind of like in scheduling but you're doing it on the calendar itself. This would be really helpful for when you get an increase in hours for one month, it's that easy. Also since hours...

Pros

I really like how you can copy and paste visits where you used to have to make them individually. Yalls improvements have been great.

Cons

Axiscare has been running slow a lot lately. I know that that is sometimes out of any one person's control. I don't really have any cons.

Axis has made scheduling a more efficient process, and saved time.

Overall, AXIS is a great scheduling system, that has DEFINITELY added ease and efficiency to the job of the scheduler. And I should know, since I am the scheduler!!!

Pros

The alerts that enable you to know when you have double booked a caregiver with more than one client. Also, the layout of the website gives the user easy access to client/caregiver schedules, profiles, and reports that aide in running a home health company.

Cons

There are days when the system does not work correctly or drags slowly. Also, there are a few glitches/kinks that need to be worked out. Examples include, but are not limited to, a caregiver who works with 2 clients clocks in for her morning shift at 8:30am, and the system clocks her in at 8:30am for her evening shift that starts at 4:30pm. Also, when verifying, once verified and a caregiver manually clocked out, caregiver can clock out later and the system recognizes the telephony change/stays verified-It should unverified automatically if this happens. This may cause discrepancies in payroll/invoicing, if not seen by office administration.

AxisCare Provides a Competitive Advantage

Pros

After using a competitor's software for our first year in business, I was looking for a better solution to handle the complex scheduling issues we face on a daily basis. AxisCare was up to the task. Not only did we find a better solution for handling the scheduling, but the consistent enhancements to the overall software package displays the dedication this Company has towards staying ahead of the...

Cons

An area that I wanted some more consistency and flexibility with is the customized forms section. When I brought that up to the support staff, they mentioned that the developers were already working on a complete overhaul of that area. One of the main developers actually reached out to me and spent a significant amount of time trying to understand our business and identifying what features would benefit us the most. I'm extremely confident that this roll-out will be as successful as the Mobile App was.

Great System!

I know the owner of We Are Family Home Care spent a lot of time researching programs for our company. He felt this would be the best and streamline everything and I have to agree. My caregivers also agree! Some work for several agencies and truly are thankful to eliminate paperwork and have the app or computer access instead.

Pros

Axiscare is very easy to use and to understand, even for those with limited computer skills. Your customer representatives are so kind and helpful and will talk through any problems I may be experiencing. Everything transfers over from lead, to client with ease. The app is outstanding for caregiver use and helps us make sure all notes and ADL's are in on time. The group messaging is unique and a definite perk. I also love the time stamp on everything, it really helps deter any fraudulent activity.

Cons

The only thing I don't like is that the calendar was changed and I feel in some ways it is more difficult to maneuver. However, I do understand that since I use a laptop, this may be the reason.

Elder Independence Home Care (Feather) User/Administrator Review of AxisCare

We are working on lowering our overtime per caregiver and we have utilized a feature in AxisCare to assist us with this.

Pros

The scheduling portion of the software is easy to utilize and schedule / change shifts.

Cons

There are no features to track or record follow up visits, or "deadlines" for clients. The certification feature under caregivers tracks drivers license expiration, etc. It would be useful to have a feature like this under clients as well.

Service Coordinator and Scheduler

The software has really help with our effectiveness and organization of supports.

Pros

The automated accounting piece for billing and payroll. Potential employees applying directly on line, the messaging to interact with staff. Clock in and out system is really good. Kilometers and expense input is really good as well.

Cons

Administrators should get some sort of notification when shift has been picked or accepted by some one.

Good product, reliable

So far it has been good, we are still in out first year but it is leaps and bounds better that the software we were using previously.

Pros

We like the easy of use, caregiver app and the customization options that are available.

Cons

Lacking certain reports that we need for tracking

Great software with ease to use

We have been using axiscare since starting of 2019. Since EVV was new in Virginia, Asixcare did its best to incorporate any changes that was made by the state. The customer care personnel was great, they were great in providing training and fixing any issues we have.

Pros

- Ease to use - App is simple to use for all level of caregivers - Training demos in app - Good customer service - Good updates including covid-19 questionnaire

Cons

The only feature that would help us more is having two location for clocking in and out.

Excellent software

Over-all I am very happy and satisfied. I've tried several software in the past and so far AxisCare meets all the basics and important functionality of our home care needs. The management is also very professional, accommodating and very supportive. The support staff is excellent!

Pros

Ease of use, customization, extremely useful functionality and par excellence customer service!

Cons

The optics. The organizations of fields its taking too much space on my screen and you need to scroll down and up a lot. For example, too many empty or vacant spaces in between fields. I wish all important details of a client or caregiver are readily available in one single location without too much mouse movements of the mouse and friendly to the eyes instead of scrolling down in looking for a simple data like phone number or email address.

Great Software

Pros

The customer service was phenomenal. The ease of the software and exporting to QuickBooks for payroll is so easy and quick.

Cons

Getting the consumer & employee profiles set up to match QuickBooks. This part took the most time but once we figured out the pattern it went smooth. Again, I couldn't have done it without the help of the support staff at Axis. They were amazing and very patient.

As a daily user, I am very happy with AxisCare.

It's a useful tool for managing schedules, client and caregiver information.

Pros

The "recommend" feature when assigning cases is very helpful. The daily live schedule is a handy tool for an overview of what is happening right now. The client and caregiver profiles are extremely useful. It would be handy if the user could move around the boxes of information on those pages to allow for the user to decide what takes viewing priority.

Cons

Some features are a bit clunky such as verifying care notes. It's repetitive going back to the original report when the "next" button isn't working. Some of the reports are giving differing information although they call the field of information the same from report to report... such as "billable hours". Online training is outdated and unprofessional. Recording a live training and distributing it as onboarding training is a sad example of "training". Five full minutes of dead air waiting for callers to join the call should have been deleted from the file at least before uploading it.

AXISCARE CARES!

My overall experience is positive. No complaints so far.

Pros

One of the things I love about this software is how user-friendly it is. It's very straightforward and easy to maneuver. It also comes with a lot of cool features and training videos which we all love and their customer service is a big PLUS!

Cons

Honestly, I can't think of anything because I think AxisCare is perfect the way it is!

It's been pretty good. Better than other software programs but still room for improvement

Pros

Our customer rep., although she has other responsibilities, is very knowledgeable when we have an issue. Staff is usually very friendly. Software is fairly easy to use. The 3rd party billing has made billing the VA much easier and has sped up the payment time by the VA significantly. The integration with Applicant Stack makes putting in new employees a lot easier.

Cons

After customer rep. left, the technical support took a little bit of a hit. While they are friendly, most of the time they have to seek out other help to answer a question. Would be nice to have some better reporting. The one report we requested had done took quite a while to get done and was 75% of what we asked. While I can appreciate tech support calling back (typically the same day), most of our issues are real time issues and would be nice if we could get someone on the phone right then and there.

Improvement Needed

Pros

I like that it's web-based and relatively user friendly for basic functions. I like that you can manage most everything using just 1 system.

Cons

Many of the add on products do not integrate well. It is difficult to reach someone on the phone for customer service assistance. Follow Up is poor, most of the time even when submitting a ticket I have to chase down the person to follow up with reported issues. I currently have a ticket open from a week ago and still have not heard back from Axiscare. There are almost too many functions and ways to do things, I feel like I still need a lot of training to fully utilize the products features. The trainings (webinars) are on Central Time and very early in the morning for the Pacific Coast, it would be nice if there were later options for the West Coast that didn't require an 8am Webinar start time.

I've used AxisCare for my agency for over 6 years, and hightly recommend it!

I recommend calling these guys and taking a demo. This is a seasoned, well designed system that does everything it claims.

Pros

AxisCare does everything I need it to do, and more. It has more features than I even use! The development team is constantly improving the product. The support is excellent and very quick to respond and resolve any issues, which frankly, are few and far between. AxisCare integrates with Quickbooks smoothly. I love how I can staff from my car on my mobile device as easily as I can from my desktop at the office. In my over six years of use, the system has only been down once, for an hour or two. That's it! The reliability of this product is outstanding.

Cons

No real cons. The only thing I'd say is, like any system, AxisCare has a learning curve. The support team does a fantastic job minimizing the time it takes by providing one-on-one training whenever we need it, as well as online tutorials. There are help icons all over the site to provide quick tips and insights on the various features and functions. The coolest thing to me is, years ago, I had suggested those help icons to the development team, and they implemented it! I love how they take user's ideas to keep making AxisCare better and better.

Using Axis Care

Overall I like the program. It does have glitches but once you call customer service they are able to fix it.

Pros

It can be user friendly, but the administrator side to setup things is a little harder to use.

Cons

That the system has been having a lot of glitches lately.

Visiting Angels scheduling software

Overall, I'm satisfied, just wish I could get to the bottom of the app issues.

Pros

It is very easy to use for scheduling. I also like the way it handles invoicing and the sync to QuickBooks for billing.

Cons

The app seems to be unreliable. A lot of staff complain that they can't clock in or out. Sometimes it's weather issues, sometimes I can't tell what it is.

Everything in ONE place!

I'm not sure if it is iPad specific, but I find that inputting notes (marketing plan...call log....) while in the field is so slow that I simply don't do it anymore. I still LOVE having access to all the information in the field and wouldn't do away with my iPad for that reason--because the size of the information is so much more readable in size and ability to "click" on what I need.

Pros

The title says it all...everything is in one place and you can easily see how everything relates. Clients to caregivers. Caregivers to schedules and availability. Marketing efforts to referrals and reciprocating referrals to community partners. Quality of leads...I'd have to write a whole journal to express how there really is a relative AXIS to everything in AxisCare!

Cons

Screen font is small, especially on mobile devices/tablets. There are things I hope get added/improved, like: Ability to add more than one referral source... Drop-down lists of a contacts' classifications in alpha order (not just the order that they were put into AxisCare)... Some more auto-population features... (I know, I really should send the ideas when they are fresh on my mind, because, for example, I can't think of the specific times/things I've wished there was some auto-population.)

It's All There

It's been good overall. Axis has a great app for my employees, it's features make state compliance easy for us.

Pros

I like that Axis integrates with all our other platforms and services; I don't have to look in multiple locations for information, it's all in there.

Cons

If we aren't happy with a certain "improvement", we are unable to go back to "the way it was"

This System Will Transform Your Business

Overall, AxisCare has been a major value add for our business. We used to maintain paper records, and AxisCare allowed us to replace most of that system. We had reviewed five different CRM options before we decided to go with AxisCare and we have no regrets.

Pros

AxisCare is easy to use, provides great organization and well worth the price. The solutions has a professional appearance, and the layout is very intuitive to navigate. The system combines all aspects of the healthcare business, from marketing and tracking leads to managing client and caregiver information. AxisCare consistently makes updates to the system, making it even better with each release.

Cons

No particular issues with the product. Customer Service is pretty good, however, I have experienced times when follow up could have been more timely.

Good from the start, getting better every year.

We started with Axiscare 10 years ago and have appreciated how much they put into always improving their product and their company. We depend totally on their software to run our home care business and have not been disappointed by them.

Pros

The layout, the ease of use, the intuitive processes, and exceptional customer services sets AxisCare apart from anything I have heard about other companies.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind. I think many of the minor complaints I would have mentioned were corrected with their most recent updates and improvements.

John, thank you for taking time out of your day to review AxisCare. We have loved working with your agency over the past decade! We knew our software had to be user-friendly and easy to implement. We are thankful that you have found it to be just that. Thank you for helping continue to improve AxisCare!

Better than others

Overall experience is good, except for some hiccups with support

Pros

Easy to implement. Provides some features that competitors don't, but if they do then costs a fortune.

Cons

Upgrades and updates sometimes interfere with the current process. Early notification and scope of changes during the release will be helpful. Support should be more responsive given the nature of companies that operate 24/7

The best home care management software

I has been really great, we looked at different options and AxisCare was the best without a doubt. Unmatchable Cost-Quality.

Pros

It is a very easy to use software, with complete features, and inexpensive for the quality we get.

Cons

I don't have anything yet. Maybe create an administrator view app to track reports

CW AxisCare

It's been a good experience but hard to use at first. Over time it became eerier just by trail and error

Pros

Organizes the schedule, updates the caregivers

Cons

It has a lot of features that are hard to find. Not user friendly

Hi Catherine, I'm sorry to hear that you have found our software difficult to use. Our goal is to strike the balance between easy to use and equipped with all the features that empower you to successfully run your agency. We designed our software based on the experience of actual homecare agency owners, and have continued to develop with feedback from agency homecare owners and operators. It seems...

Happy Customer

My overall experience has been great

Pros

I like everything about this software it offers everything I need to run and organize my company.

Cons

There is nothing I like least I think this program has all I need for my organization to be competitive and compliant. However I would like them to offer employee exclusion caregiver checks option