All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

BestNotes Reviews

Adam R.

Read the full review
I like that the interface is user friendly and has a lot of features that are specifically useful within my field.

Brittany R.

Michelle D.

Read the full review

Cons

It is a very boring system to look at(looks very outdated). Though everything can communicate and be customized it is a very lengthy and confusing process.

Tanner H.

Read the full review
It's difficult to organize the chart and transfer records. When other programs are all using the same large MAR's the coordination of records is difficult.

Micah B.

Read the full review
Additionally, the file size constraints can be a limitation when working with government agencies who have extremely large patient files.

Jay W.

4.2

Best Customer Service and Easy to Use

The calendar feature for all of our therapists to coordinate has been extremely helpful. The group notes are automatically placed in the client file and has saved countless hours.

Pros

After trying several EHR free trial offers, BestNotes provided the best price for my smaller business and was the most responsive in following-up in a timely and professional manner. An important feature is how customizable and flexible the software is, any form that we use is able to be incorporated into the system. The most impressive feature is the customer service. I felt overwhelmed and anxious about switching systems but [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] were extremely patient and explained every aspect that I needed, I never feel rushed or minimized. The software has features that organize our client files more throughly and efficiently.

Cons

I appreciate that BestNotes creates billing and invoices I wish I could submit claims through BestNotes.

Excellent CRM

Overall our experience with BestNotes has been great. Their support staff is really on top of things. We are very much looking forward to what BestNotes Fresh has to bring.

Pros

I think the CRM functions of this software are fantastic. We run a multi-facility drug and alcohol treatment center and BestNotes certainly meets the needs for the varying levels of complexity that each client's chart needs based on their level of care. The note templates are highly customizable and the reporting functions have been a massive asset as tool for our chart audits.

Cons

Honestly, our biggest problems with BestNotes come from its integration with other software and the eMAR. As a CRM BestNotes functions well, but we use an integration with DrFirst for ePrescribe that disrupts some functionality within BestNotes. We also use a lab integration through HalfPenny that has been left wanting. The eMAR is nice to have, but the ability to audit and track medication changes is fairly limited at this point.

Best notes in Review

Overall Best notes has worked well for our company. It has a lot of information that I don't use, that is why they customize it for you.

Pros

With the mental health industry that I am in we need to have complete records that are hippa compliant. Best notes complies with everything I need to have safe and secure records,

Cons

Once a client assessment is put in best notes it will duplicate name and certain things about the client each time you enter a new note, you wont need to enter again. If you want to change any of the paperwork to make it your own they will change and update to your liking.

You Get What You Pay For

I really wanted to love BestNotes but I regretted my decision straight away. Having the trial was useless because the system is cumbersome but I thought it was just me. Thus stuck with in site of my concern, hoping things would get easier/better but that never happened. Lesson learned for selecting them based on a non-clinician referral who clearly didn't know any better. BestNotes reps acknowledge...

Pros

The price for this EHR is phenomenal and BestNotes has the potential to be great. I like that you can add your own customized forms. The scripted treatment plan goals are better than most as they are measurable (but BestNotes did take some short cuts by simply repeating the same goals over and over).

Cons

As many users have been indicating since 2016, BestNotes is looks like something from the 1900's. Thus the systems uses a lot of odd symbols from the 1990's (such as a floppy disk).There seems to be no consistency with font size across pages. Some of the templates have typos. Minor clients that require parental signature consent forms is ridiculously complicated. They systems uses a lot of their own...

Thanks for your feedback Michelle. I'm sorry you had such a painful experience. Respectfully, there are a few points that I would like to clarify. First, you mentioned that documentation can be confusing and clunky. It's true that BestNotes is customizable to a fault and we've taken some significant steps to make things easier. We hired a clinical director and after 3 years of Research/Development,...

BestNotes Fits our Practice Well

Pros

BestNotes has the functionality to support a practice with multiple different departments and offerings. We offer outpatient and residential substance abuse services as well as medical and mental health services. Finding an EHR that would compliment our service offerings was difficult, but BestNotes is doing a great job.

Cons

When initially setting up and getting familiar with the EHR you receive top tier support, after the initial period, however, support is not as responsive. BestNotes also isn't quite as polished as some competitors, but what they lack in visual design, they make up for in the customization and flexibility.

Best EMR System I Have Ever Used

I am able to manage clients across three mental health facilities all on one platform.

Pros

The software is extremely reliable and the maintenance times never impact our ability to treat clients. The ability to have multiple users at a set price point. The BN customer service experience has always been a joy!

Cons

None, I have yet to come across a need that the team was unable to meet.

Thanks for your support Chris! We're really excited about our future developments - we hope to make your experience with BestNotes even better!

BestNotes, is one of my top picks for a busy Therapist with a heavy case load.

Overall, I have found that this changes the climate/morale in the office. Communication is clearer when all staff are signers on notes. I love this feature simply because, it ensures we are all on the same page, and collaboratively as a whole/team we are all directly involved in each clients treatment. This program saves you time, you're certainly not limited and are given the freedom to include a lot of detail. This system makes it great for insurance purposes, and licensing inspections. My job is so much easier.

Pros

I like that you can add as much as you need to your advancement notes and don't need to simply check boxes or what have you like different frameworks. At the point when you are in medical care, your encounters don't regularly fit in a case. At the point when you are making a clinical note, you can add certain underwriters, similar to a read receipt to keep everybody responsible which is likewise extremely supportive.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of any real cons about the program aside from the fact that, each staff member needs to be adequately trained prior to utilizing the software in order to ensure proper use, this is not a real requirement so to speak, I just feel as though if you're trained on how to use the Software, it will save time for questions that perhaps you would otherwise need to wait on a supervisor to answer.

BestNOTes

Overall, My experience has only been frustration with BestNotes. I would recommend another EHR/EMR when thinking about what would be best for your ENTIRE practice, from the front end to the back. Patient Check-in to the billing that goes out.

Pros

When thinking about what I like best about this product, it's difficult. The reason being is there are so many different ways it can be used by each provider/practice. the one thing I would be the "notes" system.

Cons

Being a third party biller who utilizes an EMR/EHR system, having a system that offers reporting, and easy to navigate options is a plus. BestNotes does not offer that. BestNotes makes it easy for providers to chart and customize ever field to tailor to the practice and provider needs but does not take the "billing" aspect of the practice into account.

Hi Lindsy! Thanks for your review. I'm sorry your billing experience hasn't exceeded your expectations. I would love to connect for a short demonstration to show you all the features you're looking for. For example, we offer over 60+ out-of-the-box reports where 10 of them are dedicated to billing. We've also standardized the clinical and billing workflows using our "Profiles" of documentation....

BestNotes to organize your mind !!

So far I have had to install this system to more than 30 people and none have expressed unwanted comments about the operation and operation of the system. They are very satisfied customers because of the way they organize medical information and how they access it.

Pros

BestNotes is a cloud based health or medical records system. Conceptualized for small and medium clinics. BestNotes offers applications for mobile devices on Android and iOS.

Cons

BestNotes has managed to satisfy the need to solve the complex task of managing patient documents. It is a software that covers all the administrative aspects to handle medical documents. It has a practical, simple and fast search systems. Its interface has the information well ordered so that the medical authority can make a diagnosis. The more medical history a patient has, the order of visualization of the data is decisive for a diagnosis and this system does it very well.

User Friendly

Very good. Surely, I was nervous using it at the beginning, but my transition to this software was very smooth.

Pros

This software is very user friendly and BestNotes' Customer services are also very well trained. I love it!

Cons

I don't remember any difficulty to use this software. This was my first online Medical record software.

Superb Customer Support

The best part is that now I don't worry when I can't figure something out because the Tech Support team is so good, and friendly, and understanding - I know that we are going to figure it out together. I call frequently and I have NEVER been disappointed. In an age where customer service is becoming an oxymoron, BestNotes has restored my faith!

Pros

Overall it is pretty flexible and easy to use, and is a very good value for the price. There are some limitations, and it is not always intuitively obvious how to do certain things, but the customer support is superb, and once the support team explains how to do things, I am finding the software easier and easier to use.

Cons

Sometimes it is difficult to figure out how to do seemingly relatively simple things, such as print a document or scan/email files without technical support. Additionally, the file size constraints can be a limitation when working with government agencies who have extremely large patient files

Hi Jay! Thanks for your review! I will pass on your kind words to our support team :) I'm looking forward to showing you our new version of BestNotes when it's ready. We've done a tremendous amount of work to make things simple and intuitive. The best part is that we're going to grandfather your current rate in so we won't have to pay more for the core product. Please stay tuned!

Best Notes is Amazing

Honestly what makes Best Notes a great tool and asset for our organization is the Best Notes team. The product itself is great but the people behind the scenes are what make it amazing. I have never had a bad interaction with a Best Notes team member. Furthermore, they are very quick to support and to resolve issues. I have confidence if I have a question or a request, it will be treated fairly and promptly. I love the people I have had the pleasure of speaking to in person and online.

Pros

What I like most about the software is the level to which it can be customized to fit the needs of the organization.

Cons

The look is kind of old or plain I suppose. But that is not a real complaint I have, just what I like the least.

"Bang for your Buck"

As an outpatient therapist, this system allows is so user friendly and to have the customer support to help make forms that was already in place and not charge is a wonderful experience.

Pros

This software allows you to easily navigate the system. Easy to understand and straight forward. Your able to still use your same consumer forms instead of paper its now electronic.

Cons

When we first started we were unable to send patient forms to clients. You can't bill directly from the system. 2019 North Carolina states we had to be able to exchange information to other companies and BestNotes did not allow that feature at that time.

EMR to stay productive, efficient and compliant

Though I am extremely pleased with the BestNotes platform, it is their customer care and industry knowledge that sets them apart. BestNotes software support is second to none - immediate, knowledgeable support from a dedicated team. Quite possibly the best benefit of BestNotes is their regulatory input. Especially for a non-profit organization like ours. It can be incredibly difficult to stay up to date on the ever-changing regulations. Knowing that we have a partner we can rely on to help keep us compliant though all of the changing regulations is a huge benefit to us.

Pros

What do I like most about BestNotes? I could say the intuitive, easy to use layout. Or the customizable documentation. Or the incredibly robust reporting. Or the fact that it is routinely updated to stay compliant with all applicable regulatory agencies. Or maybe the fact that if I have any questions, knowledgeable help is immediately available.

Cons

I would like to see more template-wide customization options, (i.e. removing components that aren't applicable to our field, allowing for more customization for individual users, the creation of a "saved/most used" field that can be applied to documents, ITP data, diagnosis, etc.). Basically, we are using one software platform for 4 different departments within our company. Making them more efficient by being able to customize the work-flow systems by department and user would be of great benefit.

BestNotes Support Review

Overall it has been a pleasure to use BestNotes and have the continued support of the BestNotes team.

Pros

BestNotes has a supportive team that is easy to contact. Any software issues are quickly resolved and the software is dependable (no downtime). If there is a reporting request, or company specific function request, the BestNotes team is easy to work with and does a great job to find the best solution for the Organization.

Cons

There is a desire and need for more systematic controls, in order to reduce the manual reconciliation time between the clinical and billing modules (Program to Register functions).

BestNotes

My program uses BestNotes for Mental Health Case Management and Foster Care. Neither of these is the niche field for BestNotes. However, the BestNotes team worked with us extensively to make sure that the software does what we need. BestNotes dedicated a lot of time to us during start-up and after start-up as we continued to make changes after going live.

Pros

The BestNotes team is fantastic and the software is flexible. Our program had a lot of requests regarding both form and function as we started implementation and the BestNotes staff was amazingly accommodating. The BestNotes dashboard is easy to navigate. There are items within the system that we can change ourselves, allowing ongoing and instantaneous development.

Cons

Unfortunately BestNotes can't do everything. For example it won't track dates without the user's specific intervention.

Great Product

With BestNotes, our organization is able to update and maintain client files in real time without the worry of if we have the most updated information on our clients.

Pros

BestNotes allows our organization to keep client records organized and manageable. I use the Reports feature most and find it helpful in pulling various data for the organization. Also, with the ability to find client census data across the organization with the click of a button is a huge timesaver!

Cons

BestNotes is very easy use. I do not have any complaints to mention at this time.

BestNotes

Pros

I enjoy that you can upload documents and have everything in one place. The individual and group case notes are simple and user-friendly. It makes documenting sessions easy.

Cons

It is not always so intuitive. I have had to train a few individuals on how to use and the same questions come up with the treatment plan and not always knowing if you push save and continue or next. It sounds simple but it is not always easy to go back and fix.

Work Notes are the BestNotes

My overall experience with BestNotes has so far been a positive one more than anything.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that there is an app for it. I think that this makes it so much better and accesible. I am able to get into clients’ charts with ease and leave notes without having to have my computer with me. I also think that it is very user friendly even if it does take some practice and playing around with it.

Cons

The thing I like least about this software is that there is a whole download of an app that has to be done on the actual computer which makes it hard to access from other computers/laptops.

Loving Best Notes!

It has helped our business tremendously in terms of time saving and organization.

Pros

Our company was new to EHR and my staff was quite intimidated. The training and customer service was incredible. Very responsive and available. We especially like that they are willing to customize it for our particular business and we can upload our current forms. They also had a lot of already prepared documents that are accreditation approved.

Cons

We love it and don't have any complaints. I guess some visual graphic improvement would be the only thing I can think of.

Thanks for your kind words and support Russell!

Customizable, Great Tech Support

Best Notes is affordable and helpful.

Pros

The costumer service with Best Notes is always both really helpful and available. They are available to walk you through a problem or educate on new features, without this- I would probably not recommend.

Cons

BestNotes is worked wonderfully as an all inclusive EHR and Billing system when paired with Claim.MD

Pros

I like that the software captures all claim data information and builds electronic HCFA 1500 claim forms with information input to BestNotes. This makes billing a seamless and streamlined process.

Cons

The software is susceptible to internet interruptions and can be slow loading from page to page. Certain client files and registers that are very large sometimes produce an error code when loading .

Perfect for what we use it for

I still currently use this daily.

Pros

Great way to organize patient files. It's easy to use and understand. Can be organized and separated by facilities (we bill for multiple facilities).

Cons

My biggest complaint is that the "quick list" only goes up to 7 and there isn't any customization to add lists. We use that to separate our facilities patients however we bill for more than 7 facilities.

Phenomenal Customer Service!

Our experience with BestNotes has been phenomenal. The best part of the experience has been the customer service. Customer executives are always available, extremely knowledgeable, and super-fast to respond. We are very excited about BestNotes Fresh!

Pros

Very intuitive, easily customizable, reasonably priced, unbelievable customer service.

Cons

API limitations, inability to auto-schedule report exports

Looks Outdated, Works OK

This EHR software is able to do scheduling, documentation, administration duties, all while being HIPAA-compliant.

Pros

The software is affordable and does offer a lot of different options for mental health practitioners needing an EHR.

Cons

The software looks very outdated and is not intuitive to navigate. It can be frustrating to look at and work with.

Thanks for your feedback, Kenneth! We agree, our interfacing is aging but we have two exciting developments underway that will help. First, at the beginning of the year we will be releasing an update that will significantly improve the look and feel of BestNotes. Second, we're working on a brand new version from the ground-up. Once it's released, current customers will be grandfathered-in on pricing and enjoy all the new technology and workflow enhancements. We can't wait for you to see it! As a reminder, you have unlimited training and support with BestNotes. If you're experiencing a problem with the workflow navigation - we would love to help. Send us an email at team@bestnotes.com or call our support line: 866-543-6646. Thanks again for your time and thoughts, Kenneth!

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.