MatrixCare Home Health & Hospice Reviews - Page 3

CB

Chauna B.

Customer Service

Brightree customer services representatives are very helpful in explaining the product and how to operate the system more effectively. They are always very pleasant and friendly. If issue is beyond their capabilities they always escalate the issue to a higher tier.

Pros

Simplicity of the software. Very basic step.

Cons

Careanyware messages, unable to be saved and can only have 50 at a time. More info should be listed at the top. example: Patient name, MR#, Cert period, address, contact and MD would be very helpful. Moves a little slow some days.

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Brightree is a friendly and inhanced system and help to proper documenttion

Providing seminars and in-service for customers, lunch and learn, and presentations can help customers to have better understanding of the system. Thank you

Pros

User friendly, detailed, easy to navigate. Also, access to i-pad and mobile devices help with the field nurses

Cons

There are some area still needs to be improved such as reports and dashboards. Some updates, such as visit notes and other documentation which effected by due date needs to be released sooner to give users time for training and adjustment

PD

Patricia D.

Volunteer/Bereavement Coordinator

I have used this product for the past year and 1/2 and it truly has been a blessing. I have worked at my agency for 15 years and before I filed all medical records in paper charts with my prior job title. I would spend numerous hours sorting filing and organizing charts. Now with this system, everything is right there in front of me easy to access.

Pros

The pros of the system are having everything you need right in front of you and not having to spend hours documenting, organizing or filing, also having easy access to an end of year reports.

Cons

The only thing I dislike would be when the system is taking too long to log into a file or report

DT

Debbie T.

Administrator

I use Brightree every day in my job. I usually use AFO more than CPOC. I thought it was pretty easy to learn compared to hospital EMR systems, but I was new to the home health and hospice field when I transferred my position.

Pros

I like the iPad capability. We are getting ready to use iPads in our office and during the training I see many benefits to the program. I do like that it is web based so I can be at home and sign into Brightree and complete work. I like the updates and how Brightree continues to improve on their products. I do like the support we receive from tech side and clinical side. I believe the are sincere when trying to help me figure out issues.

Cons

Don't like that we cannot print from CPOC. I feel the reports could be more user friendly and they seem to be "down" when I need them the most. I feel we are being forced to change to iPads and CPOC is being fazed out. Did not like that I am charged a monthly fee for Brightree to interface with my hospice PBM company.

DP

Danei P.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Brightree is fairly easy to navigate

Overall, probably the best EMR I've used so far. Also, I've had good experience when reaching out to customer support.

Pros

the fact that it will not allow you to submit documentation that's missing mandatory information. Easy flow when navigating through the note while documenting. For the most part, customer support response is very good and helpful

Cons

For iPad users - Inability to delete or error information entered by mistake (orders, medications, dx...)

SH

Sacha H.

Brightree for Homecare

I've been using the software for about 7 years. It's much more comprehensive than the prior software we'd used, so it was kind of tricky to learn, however, it's much easier now due to improvements made & the training is now much more in depth. Once I got a feel for it, I liked it. It makes my job easier.

Pros

Built-in compliance everywhere, almost everything can be customized. Tons of reports.

Cons

Glitchy sometimes when there's an update, but issues generally resolve quickly

AS

Ashley S.

Easy to use format

As a hospice social worker, I have found the format of Brightree easy to use and navigate. It is wonderful that you are able to access a patient's chart while completing a clinical document. The screens flow in a logically manner through the assessment, and are clearly marked to ensure that all mandatory questions are answered. The scheduling features makes it easier to manage my day and also help to assure that I have completed documentation for all visits. I would recommend this program to other hospice agencies.

Pros

The ability to swipe through the screens to access all of a patient's chart as well as the ability to look at other documents in the chart while completing a note.

Cons

My only real complaint with the Brightree software is the frequency in which it needs to be synced especially when trying to schedule and create new goals for the care plan.

ES

Elizabeth S.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Everything is at your fingertips!

I was not happy changing from our previous program but have found the ease of use with Brightree surpasses our other program! Thank you Brightree...

Pros

To be able to access chart easily. Having medical history so handy means so much when you are out in the county

Cons

I understand about having to sync after adding information but is there any way to only do a complete sync once a day, and a shorter one when changing or adding information? Just thinking...

SM

Sherri M.

Overall product Satisfaction

Great software, easy to use and instruct, compliance driven. Exactly what we need today !!

Pros

Easy to use, not difficult to train new staff Improvement updates made frequently to help maintain compliance Support staff are knowledgeable and eager to find solution

Cons

Sometimes the turn around on emails and phone calls can be lengthy (days) In need of faxing abilities for the IPAD's.... been requesting for years...

KR

Kristen R.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

I use Brightree throughout every day of my work week. It is my go-to program for scheduling. It helps me a great deal with keeping the patients, nurses and therapists schedules organized and managed.

Pros

It offers different options of how to schedule patients/staff depending on your style of scheduling. I love how I can use the global calendar to get an idea of the overall number of patients the nurses are seeing on one day but can also search under one specific nurse to see the details of her schedule that day. A nice new tool that has come out of the updates is the ability to schedule an entire order...

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

How good is this sofware

It is a great software, however, for hospice needs more developments and upgrades

Pros

It is user-friendly and easy to navigate. I like using BT because for each specific finding there is an area marked clearly.

Cons

There some areas does not give a clear report and dashboard. As hospice provider, it is important to make sure we can have access to the collected data and have the ability to analyze them.

LG

Lesley G.

Hospice software

The use of IPads has made bedside charting easier. Operating program is user friendly. Screens are easy to navigate. Varying degrees of customer support, depending on the day.

Pros

Optimal system for IPads et opening charts during patient visits. Screens are easy to navigate. Orders at careplans are easily updated.

Cons

Glitches at frequent updates affect program function. Although these do not happen all of the time, they can significantly impact efficiency. Should offer education with significant changes/updates. We need to be able to pin more than 50 patients at a time.

MG

Mary G.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Brightree changed our documentation for the better

I will honestly admit that I was apprehensive about learning a new computer program and trusting that confidential information would be saved. I am not a computer geek, but I have been surprised at how easy and practical this program is. In addition, I can easily access information about patients when I am on call. Another benefit is that our paperwork has decreased! Once you start using the program you will easily learn the benefits. Initially, I used the support /tutorials which I found helpful but using the program and learning its benefits was probably the best seller for me. I think it has changed the efficiency of our documentation for the better!

AV

Amy V.

Brightree Ipad/Office Review Home health

I am a Home Health RN that uses both sides of brightree office and ipad.

Pros

Scheduling is very easy on office side. Ipad is very easy to use for OASIS and note documentation. It has a lot of built in teaching and intervention things to tie to your note. On office side it has capability to copy a note before erroring it out which allows for corrections to be made without having to re enter all of the note. The communication notes are a great tool. The flow of the note is very good.

Cons

The ipad is set up to only see a 3 month on a calendar period (for example right now you can see December, January, February) which does not allow any addendums to notes before December if needed. Length of time support gets back to you on correcting a problem is slow however that seems to be improving lately. When you heal a wound if that note you healed it on is not closed before the next note that wound stays active and it causes problems in documentation. You have to sync a lot to schedule a visit and add a note.

SP

Stuart P.

Administrator Review

The product has been great overall; the customer support has been even better. For billing, employees and data submissions Brightree is great. From a new hire standpoint the Brightree University could be improved but I understand this is being worked on. New users do struggle with learning depending on their competency with technology (not unique to Brightree).

Pros

The Brightree staff has been excellent. We were thoroughly trained on the product and passed off to Support. Support has been outstanding so far.

ML

Michelle L.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Good but could be improved

This is the EMR that our company uses for hospice. As with any change, it takes acceptance and being open. Initially, it is challenging but the more often you are in the system the easier it becomes. Having to click find and then click find again is time consuming when one click on find should be sufficient. Field staff find it easier to use for bedside charting on iPads. The beta test quick new referral entry is a time saver. I wish that often used clinical staff names would populate when you begin to type that name.

Pros

Per staff in field, it is great on the iPad for bed side charting. The beta quick entry of new referrala is a great time saver when office is busy. The Brightree support team, listens to what we are saying and does try to accommodate requests as best as they are able.

Cons

From the desktop, the redundancy of having to "click" find only to "click" find again. Often used names don't automatically populate when you enter them.

JY

Jana Y.

Brightree Home Health

BRightree is the best company I have used in my home health experience, it is our third or fourth system

Pros

Allows sufficient charting, doesn’t require internet in the homes, Customer support is quick to responc

Cons

Sometimes the syncing processes can be lengthy, it appears that each time an update is completed something else then has to be fixed

Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

Best customer service on the phone!

I like working with this product, however, as a hospice user there are many areas need improvement and development

Pros

The customer service is great. Any time I call they respond very fast to my call

Cons

If the issue needs to sclate to next level, it takes a few days to get resolve.

LF

Lori F.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

The ease and functionality of Brightree has been an exceptional tool for our clinicians.

Having reports for productivity, business volumes, and adverse events at my finger tips, has been a true blessing for the managers in our rural agencies.

Pros

The ability to have our patient records accessible while in the home, has improved our coordination of care, including medication reconciliation to superb levels. The ease of program prompts helps guide even the new staff to function at a much higher level of accuracy for OASIS interpretation and adequate documentation.

Cons

While the internet is still required to review clinical documents, the clinicians are happy to be able to complete their patient notes, no matter their location.

DR

Dorothy R.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Love capability to review medical records with click of a button!

Pros

Brightree develops & updates the software to help keep our clinicians compliant with regulatory requirements and guidelines. This is a huge plus.

Cons

Although it's necessary due to the constant changes in healthcare, it is at times difficult keeping up with so many updates to the system.

KJ

Kelly J.

Brightree

Pros

Report names make it easy easy to use and reports that are run daily are filed so they can be more easily accessed

Cons

has a few little loopholes that make using the product more difficult. ,Not super responsive to customer issues although onsite help is available at a charge

AD

Amber D.

Medical Practice, 1,001-5,000 employees

Good charting for medical personnel

Pros

Good setup; easy to use; creates good care plans and templates;

Cons

Multiple syncs needed which is annoying, anytime you click anything you need to sync before you can continue; standard orders sometimes don’t show up and you need to rewrite multiple times; syncing doesn’t clear the patient and you need to sync the following day to have them disappear off of your log

NS

Nickie S.

Hospital & Health Care,

Hope Hospice New Braunfels Texas

Pros

This product is very easy to use in the field. the staff love the ease of the IPAD application, ordering medications, and reviewing the patient's chart.

Cons

There is an order compliance feature on BT that sold us on the application. Having this feature has been a huge learning curve for the staff to switch from patient frequencies by admission stay versus setting frequencies by recertification periods. Ex: if there is 2 days in the week of the first recertification period you have to put 1 x 1 week and then 2wk x 12 weeks. to completed the certification period. It's not hard, but it is a learning curve for the staff and I did not realize how much that learning curve would affect us. Also, there is ways around the order compliance and that requires us to manually monitor it. The program has been harder on our front office folks, than our field staff, but I feel we will be in a better, more compliant, place in the long run.

DB

Diane B.

Brightree Software

As an administrator of a home health agency, I can say we are extremely pleased with Brightree Software. When your nurses and billing departments are happy, your office is happy. That has been our experience since using this software. It is very user friendly and there are many reports I use daily to monitor overall administrative activities of our company. Support has been great and all staff at Brightree are truly interested in making sure everything is working properly. We can honestly say we are satisfied customers.

JO

Janice O.

IPAD

It is very easy to operate, light easy to carry.Enjoy using IPAD over a laptop.

Pros

Much easier to use over laptop and easier to carry around from home to home.

Cons

That you have to synch so many times to claim and then open pt 's visit, and also on orders.