Carecenta Logo

Suggested alternatives

shiftcare
axiscare-software
alora-homecare-software

Customer support is very prompt and no matter how long it takes for them to resolve your issue they will be there until it's resolved, they are very patient and remain polite the entire time.
Responsive support and customer service that makes updates and listens to feedback. Very good Help Desk documentation.
During the transfer, our primary concern was data loss.
We did all of our billing, payroll, scheduling and reports, and it was always a mess. We lost tons of money each year, and didn't feel comfortable using certain software programs.

Doug K.

The Best Health Care Management Software

A few years ago, Carecenta was still new for NOVA. There were a lot of features that needed to be implemented and improved upon. Carecenta has worked closely with me to ensure that we can succeed in adhering to the State's policy.

Pros

User-friendly interface which can be accessed anywhere online without needing to install any software. This allows the users of Carecenta to access their work from anywhere using any devices that allow internet connection. Marketing managers and visiting nurses can go out and get all the work done with just their smartphones.

Cons

Pricey? But no! With all the notable features and the return value from the investment is quite significant.

dk

deborah k.

IntraVascular Consultants Satisfaction Survey

Improved productivity overall in the office and in the field. Improvements in accuracy of schedules, utilization of employees, streamlined processing of billing and payroll, and ease of preparation for Accreditation.

Pros

Integration was difficult but overall, it has been very productive, and we are still learning some intricate advantages. The program meets our needs overall and I have referred 2 other agencies to CareCenta.

Cons

Lack of training and support at start up for office staff and RNs in the field. Guidance was minimal and relatability took a long time to figure out. Some glitches in the system could be improved and headers/ categories could be changed to specifically relate to the Home Infusion RN staffing business.

DM

David M.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Adult Day Center

We discussed the operational side of things prior to making a selection. Carecenta was easy to use, and filled all the areas we were looking to accomplish. There were a few things that we needed that were not in the system, and their staff was able to customize some things for us. Once ready to implement/implemented, their staff was willing to provide necessary training until we reached a level that we were comfortable with. Having used the system for 7+ years, it is simple and effective, and does all that we need it to do.

Pros

Simple and effective On-going support (if needed) Cost effective

Cons

Nothing really. Works well for all that we need. If anything, would like to see more sales report data, but overall it does everything needed!

hp

henry p.

EVV issues

schedule calendar and P schedule module is perfect. Otherwise, EVV and duplicated authorization issues always confuse us.

Pros

The quick response to the current issues.

Cons

EVV issues. Overtime above 2hrs not show up in the schedule. +0.25~1.75hrs shows well.

This is not an EVV issues. It is Carecenta feature by design: Late EVV sign-ins via GPS or Telephony calls are an exception that is brought to your staff attention by highlighting the visit box in orange. Office staff would need to process the exceptions. Carecenta won't be validating such item automatically. We hope this helps

AS

Abraham S.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

A decent solution for a small Healthcare business

Pros

Carecenta is reasonably priced if you are a small business that is filled to capacity. Customer service was always friendly, even if you didn't catch them at the time of your call, and they always call you back. The interface itself is user-friendly and easy to navigate for people who are not tech savvy.

Cons

The package we utilized at my previous job capped us at 100 patients total for Home Health Care and 50 patients total for Social Day Care. We had to renegotiate our entire contract in order to increase the maximum number of patients we were allowed to enter in the system. It was a hassle and they tried their best to make it painless for us. I always felt like they were pushing us to some kind of unlimited patient deal that would DEFINITELY reflect negatively in our monthly expenses.

Jl

Johnathan l.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 501-1,000 employees

On overal experience of Carecenta

Carecenta is useful tool in homecare field. We have used it at least five years.

Pros

We need it to do Daily Scheduling and weekly Billing.

Cons

Lack function of sending a voided claims in Billing

JW

John W.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Awesome Home care program

Pros

We love the ease of billing and payroll.

Cons

The help desk is very slow to fix any issues.

LM

Lori M.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Adapted to our needs!

Has a lot of great features that we hope to implement as we go along.

Pros

We are not a home healthcare services provider but we do provide services and this program tracks our therapists very well and keeps up with their schedule wonderfully!

Cons

Having to enter all the info to get started. It had to be done but once it was, the program worked great!

EH

Erma H.

Happy to have purchased.

I'm still learning but I do like it a lot.

Pros

I like how it is really a easy set up and I can always contact someone if I need too.

Cons

Well I'm still trying to figure it out. How to delete former employees off of the schedule.

AG

Anne G.

Great system

Pros

It is easy to use and customize files to suit the needs of the client

Cons

Takes time to have it fully setup and customize.

TA

Tural A.

Grow your business with Carecenta

I have been working with Carecenta for over 5 years and it has tremendously increased my productivity, effectiveness and efficiency. Software is user friendly, simple to use and makes work life that much easier. Carecenta interface is modern, simple and effective. It provides users with all the tools necessary to operate at high level according with all the rules and regulations of DOH. It helps...

Pros

Software interface is user friendly, little to none learning curve and it will increase use productivity, effectiveness and efficiency.

Cons

Carecenta does not have any flaws. I have not run into any problems while using this software. It has met all my needs as a user and as supervisor of scheduling department.

SN

Sharonda N.

Awesome Software

I came across Carecenta when my boss decided it was time to change products. Since using Carecenta my experience has been awesome. The caregivers are able to sign in and out with no problem. I'm able to do schedules fast and it even lets me know when a client's authorization has expired. I'm able to send a message to the whole team with a bulk message. Creating invoices and bulk billing is fast and...

Pros

What I like the most about Carecenta is the caregivers having the opportunity to use telephony if they have trouble signing in.

Cons

I have been using Carecenta for almost three months and so far I don't have any cons to report.

JC

Jeff C.

Support lacking

It would seem to me Carecenta would partner up with API's with other clearing houses or software providers to have a holistic approach to managing a healthcare business. As a core function to a business it has flaws. Once the sale is made you're on your own.

Pros

The software is great for mobile use with caregivers as it is web based not an app. Phone updates will not effect it working.

Cons

Support drags feet with "we will let the back-end developers know about this" Errors in software will not be fixed unless it is on their agenda to be worked on. We have waited over 6 months on issues. The software will NOT create a Quick books file if this is important to you do not buy it. Second, if you adj invoice for any provider to match amount paid you can not do more than ONE line item.

SJ

Sheila J.

Sheila Jones opinion on carecents

I love to straight forward database because nursing is already critical thinking we dont need to think to document because it will take away for them consumer.

Pros

Its pretty easy to migrate through the different tabs without getting confused of stuck.

Cons

Sometimes it freezes or works to slow . Carecenta charts take along time to scroll down due to save data in carecenta.

Carecenta saved our cashflow and time with electronic billing

By using Carecenta I am able to see authorization for patience care faster. I am notified if there are any problems with compliance applying to any of my HHA’s and can quickly navigate to anther HHA to send out to the patience. The cloud based system allows me to view my HHA’s schedule from anywhere. Plan of care is now manageable because of Carecenta software. As long as I have internet access I can check to see that my HHA’s have completed all daily tasks. This insures me success for my agency. This is really helpful.

Pros

Many hours of manual management were saved and redirected to growing our business. Our Carecenta WOW moment was in the first month of use. We quickly realized that our accuracy increased and our efficiency went up by 100%.

Cons

Carecenta is probably more sophisticated that we would need since we don't use all the skilled nursing part.

BM

Bridget M.

New System is Good

I like Carecenta and the transfer from Salesforce has been good.

Pros

The new system is simpler and makes the information for our patients easier to access and keep track of.

Cons

Nothing, everything seems to be working the way it should.

Shaun D S.

Amazing how this brought us out of the stone age into the now age

HIPPA compliant. Built in security. Real time ETA because like most people, something else always comes up and letting them know how close their care giver is eases their mind. Being able to schedule our different employee types is a God send and remote clock in/out only helped streamline the business.

Pros

With close to 80 + full time and 30 part time/seasonal this platform really hit the mark. Built in background and immigration checks freed up the HR staff to focus more on recruiting. Real time tracking and ETA really helps especially when family members would sometimes be worried if they were actually on their way. Time in/out saves them time from having to come into office everyday to start their day.

Cons

It was a little rough to make heads or tails of the multiple "real time" reports. Then we hada few hiccups trying to integrate it into our AR/AP database.

UY

Uantrena Y.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Why you should use Carecenta !

Its been amazing with Carecenta really I been with you'll for 4 years now and its been a breeze and your not over price, your paying for what you want.

Pros

Its easy access, it a walk in the park showing my new office mangers. Everything is laid out for them and no confusion real simple.

Cons

Sometime the system does have problems and wont let you change things sometime but other than that its great.

Inexpensive Home Care Billing and scheduling software

Neutral

Pros

Comparably inexpensive home care billing and hha scheduling software. Has limited functionality and customization.

Cons

Customer service and customization. Also notes options need to be improved. Didn’t have any apps for HHA attendance like HHAEXCHANGE.

RM

Regina M.

Opportunity for Growth

CareCenta was a good place to start our small home care company, but as we grew, we realized that we needed features that CareCenta could not provide us. The customer service was lacking as well. Often times our questions were not responded to for many business days, and we would have to find work-arounds by ourselves.

Pros

Making recurring schedules was a breeze, just click which days the schedule applies to and assign the caregiver.

Cons

Not being able to make last minute changes, which is imperative in home health care. If Bob called out 10 minutes before a shift, and we got Mary to cover it, we can't change the shift to have Mary scheduled. It led to a lot of confusion and extra work. It was also not aesthetically pleasing for something we have to work on all day. It was a lot of gray and tan boxes.

JO

Judy O.

Individual & Family Services, 51-200 employees

Carecenta is great!

Great!

Pros

Pros are the ease of using this program. It is self explanatory in areas where I need a little more help.

Cons

I wish Carecenta was able to pull all of the entities together in one shot.

Ron D.

Great functionality, easy to use home care agency management software

Being that my agency covers a seven state region, we work with many different insurance companies, so initially we had a lot of trouble finding a home health software that could handle our insurance and reporting requirements. The layout of Carecenta was so smooth and easy to follow. Everything we needed was right there. As Carecenta’s sales agent progressed with his demo I was more and more impressed. Everything was easier than the other system we were using. When he showed me their scheduling, I was sold. I never in my 12 years of running an agency have I ever encountered a software that is this efficient.

Pros

I can now stay in full compliance with the government in every state we cover by using Carecenta. Carecenta home care software has really made my agency more profitable.

Cons

Carecenta seems very simple to use, however, you still need training. They provide it as part of setup but you have to pay for it.

SA

SHAHEER A.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

User friendly software and it is very easy to use.

Pros

Its a user friendly software and its very easy to use.

Cons

Sometimes the software slows down and it takes time for loading.

Cn

Cortez n.

Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

Carcenta Saves Me

Schedules and data inputs are vital to the companys success

Pros

The information that is kept is vital and crucial to the business

Cons

Sometimes customer service is hard to reach

GC

Gabrielle C.

CareCenta User Review

Pros

We love that it is very streamline and an easy software to use overall. We desperately needed something that was more user friendly and would help our day to day tasks remain organized and easy to complete!

Cons

We as a company have not ran into any issues or things we do not like so far!