CharmHealth Logo

PV

Pat V.

E-Learning, self-employed

The Best of the E Learning Tools

I am extremely pleased with ChaRM EHR. It is so easy to schedule clients and does not require me to do more than make about three clicks. The software is great for therapy. Site share works well and I do not have any issues with therapy connections during sessions.

Pros

The ease of scheduling and reaching my clients. It is great that it is HIPPA compliant.

Cons

There is nothing that I do not like about this software. It is amazing!!

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

1990s style is not ChARMing at all

Pros

It appears to have all the features required.

Cons

System is 4 panes arranged horizontally with no way to resize. Messages are displayed in the right-most pane, but on a tablet or phone that pane is squished so you only see a couple characters per line. The website is Buggy, as customers were unable to read messages this week. ChARM isn't responsive to customers, must have authorized contact forward bug reports to ChARM to get them fixed. Also the system does not allow providers to adjust message limits - which is definitely needed during covid lockdowns. There are better solutions out there.

Thank you for your feedback! We're sorry to hear about your experience. We would love to connect up with you to see if your problems can be corrected. If you're open to discussing this further, please email me, Ranjani at newsletter@medicalmine.com. We'd greatly appreciate the opportunity to make things right and work toward a smoother experience.

JG

Jeremy G.

Medical Practice,

Pretty good for a small practice

Pros

Easy to use, lots of options for a good price. Ability to fax and text reminders within the software. Scheduling is OK but the patient portal is nice.

Cons

The fax cost is a bit high for 200 pages, getting help for or tutorials can be cumbersome. Navigating the settings page takes time to get used to but once you know where to go for things its pretty simple. The text reminder function (at this time) doesn't allow for the patient to confirm appts.

Mental Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

Excellent product for patients

Pros

I use this software as a patient and think it’s fantastic. I use this product to communicate with a naturopath, and because of the nature of my treatment, there is a lot of information and document sharing. The online patient portal is one of the safest and easiest I have used.

Cons

I say this a lot, but any sort of app would be great—especially for the patient portal.

SI

Shantha I.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Best EHR that I have ever used!

We have worked with several EHRs in the past. This EHR had all the features that we were looking for especially for an Integrative Medicine Conciege Practice! Looking forward to an updated version.

Pros

Ease of use, multi-functionality, very affordable, great patient portal messaging, ability to create templates, share handouts , ability to personalize the app which the patients can access through their smart phones

Cons

E prescription - takes longer time to finish, needs updated ICD 10 codes, wish they had another option for integrated credit card transaction than Blue Fin

SW

Stephen W.

Alternative Medicine, 1-10 employees

Great product for providers who truly customize their approach to each patient.

A much better product than my old one that is more suited to my practice of personalized health care, is easy to use, and my staff love it. And I saved money.

Pros

Overall the best option on the market for our needs and the best bang for the buck. Easy to use and easy to customize.

Cons

Is not as easy to manage multiple facilities and multiple doctors as I would like. Changing a provider's schedule is more difficult than it should be, and the system is not capable of temporarily adding a day for a provider so we have to fake it. Does not provide any marketing options.

AS

Aaron S.

Alternative Medicine, 1-10 employees

No real customer support.

Liked there soft ware in general

Pros

I like there software in general, scheduling and itemizing unique purchases and price. This is all good if they had customer service.

Cons

Lack of support or none.. We needed help with the Faxes stopped working and tried calling and just left message. Days later no response, so we had to use another company for faxes.

AS

Angelina S.

Medical Practice, self-employed

Solo Practitioners solution

Responsive customer service.

Pros

Automated many functions including online scheduling, email reminders, online payments to reduce administrative burden.

Cons

Right now I don’t have any pertinent cons.

KK

Kathryn K.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Review for [SENSITIVE CONTENT]

I would like to say that my overall experience with the RCM at charm was good but [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was the most responsive and knowledgeable representative I worked with. I asked her if I could give her a review becuase I was so impressed with her performance.

Pros

It is easy to use. I like the billing platform.

Cons

the calendar is terrible. IT is not user-friendly. Look at schedulicity or acuity and get some tips from them. I

TJ

Tarea J.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Poor Technical Service and Support

Pros

It is difficult to say what I like when I have so many ongoing unresolved issues

Cons

Lack of resources and support. Issues are continuously ongoing.

Hi Tarea, We are sorry you are experiencing these issues. Someone will be in touch with you this week to help resolve some of the issues. Furthermore, we'll do an internal review to address some of the concerns you are having. Thank you for your patience.

AI

Asha I.

Yeah, not for me

I have a solo wellness practice, largely telemedicine , so some features were not needed and felt clunky but other features such as patient self schedule or integration with my website just weren't smooth enough for my practice. This EMR is probably good for a traditional in-person practice

Pros

Charm offers quite a bit of features including a comprehensive EMR, a means for including labs and images, prescribing, billing and calendar. There is a free option, which is great for starting or transitioning medical records.

Cons

Most of the features are additional cost which can add up. At times so comprehensive that it was overwhelming /Limited for providers relying on digital practice features such as patient self scheduling, telemedicine and online intake forms

UF

Ujala F.

Best EMR I have used so far

Love it!

Pros

easy to learn, customizable, able to connect appointment requests to website, telehealth feature is seamless

Cons

I wish the prescription software was better. Charm should consider building their own instead of using sure scripts. Billing is a little complicated but Charm gave me free training and it helped a lot

Dr. Denise C T.

Medical Practice,

Charm EHR has made managing our acupuncture practice more efficient and easier.

Improved chart notes and billing.

Pros

We run a group practice so it is great to be able to maintain standard notes and process a chart from registration to billing with ease. The integrated clearinghouse is simple to process claims and the chart notes are customizable.

Cons

The mobile apps features need to match the desktop version especially with integrating scheduling with chart notes and annotated images.

JK

Jenice K.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Happy with this EMR for solo practitioner

Good support for trouble shooting

Pros

The software was easy to use, had many tutorials to help with getting set up, and helped me set up my practice to require less administrative work.

Cons

e-prescribing software is not easy to use

ND

Naturopatic D.

ChARM works well for my small practice.

I have been using ChARM since about 2013, early in their business. They have been continually updating features and making the interface better. I find it particularly well-suited for my natural medicine practice as I am able to track supplements and medications separately, as well as created customized templates for the types of visits I see. The downside so far is that the customer service response time is quite slow--it is very difficult to get someone on the phone, ever. Usually responses are by email, days or sometimes even weeks later. I have to admit, due to the small size of my practice, I do not pay for the EHR, so perhaps this would be different for larger, practices who are paying customers.

Marie Eulie T.

Hospital & Health Care, self-employed

User Friendly Patient scheduling system

Very satisfied and I'm thinking of using this one as long as i want

Pros

It's very convenient and easy to use. What I like about is it HIPAA Certified. We want to make sure that everything is safe and secure within our system.

Cons

Pretty much, nothing. I love everythign about it.

EA

EUNICE A.

POOR SERVICE

THE EMR IS OK BUT EXTREMELY POOR SERVICE. NO TRAINING PROVIDED. NO CUSTOMER SERVICE STAFF AVAILABLE. I AM THE ACCOUNT ADMIN BUT DON'T HAVE ACCESS TO OPTUM.

Pros

ALL IN ONE EMR, TELEHEALTH, BILLING, ONLINE PAYMENT COLLECTION

Cons

NO TRAINING. POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. PRACTICALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO GET ANYONE ON THE PHONE. EMAIL THEM WITH A QUESTION THEY WILL RESPOND WITH A QUESTION. WE SIGN UP WITH CHARM EHR IN FEBRUARY, 2021. IT HAS BEEN HORRIBLE GETTING SUPPORT TO SET UP. WE ARE STILL HAVING ISSUES WITH BILLING AND CAN'T GET ANYONE FROM THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE TO RESPOND. THEY CHARGED US $3000 TO TRANSFER PATIENT DATA FROM OUR OLD SYSTEM. HORRIBLE SERVICE.

ET

Elizabeth T.

Great EMR.

Charm has been a wonderful addition to my practice. I use only the medical records portion of it because I am happy with the practice management software that I currently use. It is intuitive! After struggling with a previous EMR program for a very painful year - I was delighted to find that we could jump right into ChARM with very little training and very few problems. They are continually expanding and improving the software and are responsive to new ideas. Customer service always responds within 24 hours via message, but I would like it better if we could get them by phone. However, I must say that I do not have urgent need of Customer Service often since the program runs so well.

MP

Michael P.

Frustrations from the beginning

Pros

Touted features sound great, but the implementation needs work. Cost is reasonable. I like the idea of the Kiosk, but the app was thrown together.

Cons

1. Customer service is on the West Coast and they do not pick up until 12:00EST 1.5 Actual team that fixes problems is in India so NOTHING GETS FIXED until the next day! 2. Customer Service rep needs to find another line of work, he does not do well with customer service. 3. Every day there are new challenges with the software. Today, all of our patients disappeared for the day, yesterday, we could not get into and view the schedule. Lets see what tomorrow brings. 4. No higher-ups we can discuss issues and the aforementioned frustrations!

LS

Luke S.

1-10 employees

Horrific Customer Support

Pros

It looks great and is easy to navigate. We do love their customizable intake forms, which are easy to create and look fantastic.

Cons

Worst customer service I've experienced, possibly ever. We have been waiting on Charm for TWO WEEKS just to allow us to charge our patients directly through Charm. They're integrated with Bluefin (a credit card processor), but they literally seem to have zero idea how to set up our account. Each time I call, I speak to "CSR", who says "sorry, I can't do anything about this, let me send a message to our team". To say our team is frustrated with Charm is an understatement. Do yourself a favor and use Elation Health.

TE

Travis E.

Great customer service and solid platform

I've used Charm for years and they have consistently improved the functionality, using the suggestions and requests of actual doctors. I now use the billing module, the merchant processing, the online calendar option, and of course the charting. I love how the entirety of my practice is run through Charm. And my patients really like it!

Pros

Ease of use, price, and customer service.

Cons

The messaging can be a bit clunky. The billing reports are not as customizable as I would like.

KA

KAREN A.

Used monthly for 2+ years

SUPERVISING PHYSICIAN COMMENTS

Pros

FLOW OF INFORMATION IN THE CHART. I LIKE THE EASE OF ACCESSING PATIENT CHARTS AND BEING ABLE TO SEND MESSAGES TO MY NURSE PRACTITIONERS.

Cons

THIS SYSTEM MAY NEED MORE DETAILED TABS FOR A FAMILY MEDICINE PRACTICE TO DELINEATE INFORMATION SPECIFICALLY FOR MEANINGFUL USE.

LB

Lisa B.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Don't use RCM BILLING unless you have a lot of time to waste

BILLING sucked and minimal support.

Pros

ease of charting and similarity to EPic chart notes

Cons

BILLING and pre setting up for insurance

VB

Vanita B.

Medical Practice, self-employed

I love CharmHealth

Wonderful!

Pros

Ease with which to onboard and great customer service!

Cons

Would love to see integration with Spruce for phone and texting.

AK

Andy K.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Charm

Pros

Documentation and support. Nice to see such attention to detail.

Cons

None. We are currently integrating with charm health.