Clinical Conductor CTMS Reviews

4.6

Pros

The ease of exporting to Excel for those who want to maintain their spreadsheets is also wonderful.

BH

Betsy H.

I've always had a great experience with everyone from the sales team to the support staff. Fun people with a great work ethic and sense of humor.

Ellie M.

The interface looks good and it fairly easy and intuitive for navigate for the most part. I like the training that is available.

Cons

It got to be very confusing to me to navigate the system. I felt that it took too many clicks to find what you are looking for, and difficult to RE- navigate myself back to find the information again.

KT

Kimberly T.

DM

Douglas M.

Lots of functionality exists but there is a lack of coordination between them. I find myself asking "Why wouldn't they link these two things.

Ryan H.

I love Clinical Conductor!

Customer Service is second to none. I've always had a great experience with everyone from the sales team to the support staff. Fun people with a great work ethic and sense of humor!

Pros

It's easy to use, very intuitive and provides many of the reports that I need for our site.

Cons

I would like for it to be able to integrate and import data from our EHR system.

Fast, Reliable Cloud based software 5.0

The ability of the system to track elements of a study to ensure you are capturing the functionality of the coordinator/PI time, ability to instill bonuses should it be needed, capture team coverage while primary will be out of office, recruitment management using social media and real time matrix showing financial analysis to make informed decisions on future studies. I would use their service and recommend to other research sites as well. Bio-optronics team has addressed every concerned we had in a prompt, courteous manner.

Pros

I like the web conferences offered to ensure your staff and administrator for the system understand the full capabilities of the program used. The ability to manage your documents and print at multiple sites should you need to be very comforting. the two part verification for stipend payment to prevent errors

Cons

The inability to lock data once verified by the study manager or administrator to ensure all of the team who worked on study get the credit. Which once explained to their team is being addressed. During a rollback to correct data you may need to complete information twice as it resets to default staff, a minor inconvenience.

Average Product

We've had the product for about 5 years. In my opinion, the product has great potential, but it consistently falls short on simple quality of life issues. For example, allowing the ability to sort all variables on a given page, and headers should remain static when scrolling down a large data set. Depending on the size of your organization, I would advise assigning an administrator for your site to help with establishing standard use guidelines and ensuring data quality. Without one, it can be very difficult to show reliable data or provide a "return on investment".

Pros

Pros: Financial functionalities are quite adequate. However, it does not conform to budgets with visit payments and conditional, invoiceable items for payment very well. Visit management is adequate. However, there are limitations conforming to protocols that require conditional, as needed items. For example, capturing reportable events at times outside of a scheduled protocol visit are challenging. Affordable. Customer service is responsive and unlimited.

Cons

Usability, user experience. Can be very difficult to navigate and answer questions clearly and quickly. Workarounds can be common and confusing for end users. Recruitment functionality is cumbersome and not customizable. Especially for sites where the pre-screening process can take weeks to months for a study.

Sound Medical Research

I've been using Clinical Conductor for about 5 years both as a clinical research coordinator and clinical trial manager and for the most part I've been happy with the product however the time it takes to navigate around for instance completing a visit, looking up an available time on the calendar then scheduling a visit or speaking to a CRA who needs to schedule a visit requires checking the calendar then going into studies choosing the study finding the monitor and scheduling the visit

Pros

Cons

For many things it can take a lot of clicks to get to where you want to go. My personal wish would be able to much more from my weekly calendar screen, such as schedule appointments and non-stud appointments, approve stipends and complete visits. When scheduling a patient it would be nice to have the scheduled date ranges and times with a list of available time slots for that visit.

Long Term User

As a company that has used this program since the beginning it has been a valuable tool to our organization and has continued to grow with Research and the ever changing world. It is continuing to meet the needs of its customers and continues to ask what they can do better.

Pros

This software helps to manage all aspects of our research organization from patient, study, billing, etc all in 1 software program.

Cons

There are so many tools within this software product, even after 10 years I still don't know everything and how to use each area.

Thank you for the nice review! We are pleased that CC CTMS is valuable to you and your research organization. As you know from experience, we are committed to your sucess and will continue adapting to industry trends and listening to the needs of our user community. This will be strengthened as part of Advarra.

Clinical Conductor Support cannot be beat!

We began using Clinical Conductor at our site in 2008 and have been very happy with our decision ever since! You couldn't ask for better customer support!! From the beginning, all of our data was transferred from our previous CTMS with ease. Support team provided excellent training and continues to do so as the CTMS continues to evolve with changing needs at the site level. We have been able to consolidate...

Site Manager

We moved over from Study Manager to CC about 10 years ago as the financials were so much more and extremely easy to use. The customer service and training is exceptional. The company really thinks about the sites and users and always makes updates to the system.

Pros

Ability to capture all aspects of the study, the site needs and financials.

Cons

really there is so much to offer that you find that you are never really sure how to work the system. When changes are made (really good as they are thinking of the users), it makes it hard because not all of the changes work with the way you did something before the change.

Infinity loves Clinical Conductor!

My owner is in another state and he can see everything from his computer that we are doing and can do his own reports....this is an amazing program!

Pros

You build your study in the beginning and everything is easy from there on out, like scheduling the appointments, stipends are automatically populated per patient! The reports that you can generate with a couple clicks makes our job so easy!!

Cons

Actually, I can't think of anything, I have always been so grateful to our owners that they picked this awesome program!!

Review of Clinical Conductor use

I had the privilege of being one of the first sites to get up and running and be trained by someone from Clinical Conductor at our office. It was still fairly new and had kinks to be worked out but over the years it has grown so much. I really like how when they get ready to do an update sometimes they will use our site as the one to test it out on first. I think they know I will be the one to say...

Cons

Comprehensive but limited in efficiency

Pros

Comprehensive Lots of functionality Staff is helpful and responsive Somewhat intuitive

Cons

-Too many features that are not connected with each other. Lots of functionality exists but there is a lack of coordination between them. I find myself asking "Why wouldn't they link these two things?" -Biggest complaint is that you need CCE and CCS to have a truly integrated system (expensive). Otherwise, you have to use work arounds to get the solution you need.

Review from the financial analyst perspective

Pros

Once we fully understood the various components this system is very easy to get around...invoicing for "invoiceable" items became very transparent and simplified. We moved from a completely Excel based system of study 'trackers' to CTMS and we're currently working a blend of both Excel & CTMS. Having the data at our fingertips without having to wait for month end processing was a strong argument for going with this model. The consultants were awesome and understood our current state business processes, working diligently with us to create the current CTMS business process.

Cons

I think the reporting could be more dynamic. I'd like to be able to have trending report; also reports that provide multiple 'answers' on just one report. This can be done, but not currently as a 'one stop report'. Time cards are coming in the next release...this was a high priority for us in choosing Clinical Conductor...not a con per se, but have not seen the final product yet.

CC Review

Pros

We purchased this program primarily for the scheduling functions. Coordinating multiple clinical trials in a small space with visits requiring patients to see multiple staff in multiple rooms requires more sophistication than we could manage. Having a program that schedules each element for us saves time and ensures that we are using staff and space as efficiently as possible.

Cons

The software is incredibly detailed, but that also makes it complicated. We've found that it generally takes staff 3-6 months to become proficient in navigating the system and even longer for staff to master it.

Clinical Conductor Review

The financial reports are helpful to our accounting department. We have used this program for many years and it has been getting better and more useful as we learn more on how to use it ourself.

Pros

We heavily rely on the schedule portion and it is fairly easy to use. Many improvements over the years that have made it even better.

Cons

A few more shortcuts would help especially in demographics entry.

Highly customizable

Its great for prescreening study subjects. Keeping detailed study financials.

Pros

You can find several ways to use the software features to fit your site processes

Cons

Its very 'click' heavy and requires function- specific staff training and practice to become proficient. Said differently, it is not intuitive and you need someone to teach how to use it well.

Best CTMS system we've ever had.

Patient visits, Dr. Payments, Invoicing, Scheduling, basically everything.

Pros

It does everything you can imagine you would need to run clinical trials. I learn something new weekly about this system.

Cons

The price of the system, and that you are limited on the number of studies.

Great for managing a study

Overall, this is an excellent application that helps you stay organized when managing a trial.

Pros

This application is very helpful for managing a clinical trial comprehensively. I use it more for daily visits and scheduling. I love how I can see the visits and timepoints very clearly.

Cons

It’s a bit hard to learn at first, there’s so much you can do with it. Once you get the hang of it it’s great.

CC

Tech support is AMAZING

Pros

Web based allows for access remotely from anywhere

Cons

Complicated features at times are cumbersome but I’ve been able to function without using all

CC

Pros

Easy to navigate to different pages. Easy to keep track of patients.

Cons

Functionality not very intuitive when setting up finances for different studies.

Happy User

Pros

The system is very easy to navigate and user friendly.

Cons

It would be helpful if the system tracked manual payments, especially travel.

Easiest program to learn and maneuverable friendly. Scheduling made easy.

We use Clinical Conductor in our research dept here at Providence. I have not been using this program very long, going on five to six months now. This was the easiest program I have ever learned. There are multiple ways to find subjects. Scheduling them is easy and you have the ability to schedule subjects noting what visit in the study they will be coming in for. We can also specify if the subject's...

Pros

How easy it is to learn and navigate and the different ways you can search for a subject, either by study, by name, etc. How the system allows you to put in a lot of information about the subject.

Cons

Honestly, I am pretty satisfied with the software.

ACT loves this management system.

We used another system, and this one is much more user-friendly. The updates continue to improve it.

Good, searching can improve

Pros

Huge data base filtering options, handles thousand of patients easily, custom dashboard

Cons

Searching can improve, this is the only bad thing I cant think of

One of the better CTMS systems out there.

Over our 20 year history we've used paper, excel, outlook calendars, and then,. 3 different CTMS programs. We were ready to throw in the towel and go back to excel and outlook when we found Clinical Conductor. Naturally, the use of a CTMS system is meant to help you manage your workload but what really stands out about CC is the operational and financial insight it gives me. Being able to see what...

Time Saving

Clinical Conductor CTM helps you focus on your patients and hence, improved patients care, thus minimizing complications that might result from delays from using other methods.

Pros

Clinical Conductor CTM Streamlines Complex Trial process, thereby maximizing Time.

Cons

it requires adequate knowledge or training of the record Staff or Software user.

Clinical Conductor

Over all Clinical Conductor is an amazing program. It has so many features and capablities that it can seem somewhat overwhelming. It captures everything you can possibly think of in the ways of Clinical Research, from Recruiting, Managing Appointments, and the Financial side of things as well. CC can be easy to use with the proper training but it definitely takes a lot of brain power for one person to understand all aspects of the program. For our site, I would say it has been challenging to get everyone on board with using it to it's full potential. Customer Service is great but sometimes the turn around for answers to questions can be longer than expected.