ClinicSource Logo

Suggested alternatives

simplepractice
power-diary
therapynotes-com

Clinicsource has been an amazing asset to our clinic. Our therapists love the easy to use scheduling, and billing and the detailed but efficient documentation system.
Our office staff is loves how clinicsource combines everything into one simple easy to use package. Their training and customer support has been excellent.
This has been so very disheartening to get so low standards of customer care and then to be charged when their product does not work, what a scam.
All of that information is basically lost when the system logs you off...poof.

DJ

Danieal J.

Great Software for Private Medical Practices

ClinicSource offers organization to any medical practice. It provides video and documented tutorials to make training easier for new employees.

Pros

ClinicSource is great for maintaining patients' personal info, medical records, insurance, billing, and payment information. ClinicSource gives you the ability to create accounts for the doctor and administrator. The administrator is able to schedule appointments, alerts, and notes according to the doctor needs. You can link Clinicsource to an email or phone to obtain alerts.

Cons

Unable to obtain deleted patient information through customer service. Therefore, click "SAVE" in each thread to ensure information is saved.

JA

Julie A.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

A must have software for practice management

Pros

I love the color coding used for the type of appointment. (i.e. evaluation, therapy, etc.) It helps keep our patients organized as well, and clinicians know what their schedule is going to look like at a glance. I also love that it is very intuitive and easy to navigate for entering patients, insurance, physicians, etc. The fact you can create your own templates is nice too and helps things run efficiently.

Cons

I really dislike that a document cannot be edited once it is signed. I understand the reasoning behind it so none of the information can be tampered with, but often times people make mistakes even if they have read it over and over again. It is frustrating to have to take the extra step of creating an amendment to explain the change rather than just edit the original. I think there should be a one-time option at least to edit a document following a signature and then it lock after that. I also wish that there was a way to scan a document like an intake form or insurance care and Clinic Source take the information and enter it in the correct fields to decrease the time entering patient information. Not sure if that is possible but it would be amazing for sure to so many practices.

CL

Colby L.

Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees

Customizable, but older system that isn't really user-friendly.

Prior to going with Clinic Source, we were doing our paperwork with Word and Excel. It was way past time to switch to an electronic system to keep track of our paperwork. We initially went with Kareo, which we found was not customizable like we needed it to be. Therefore, I needed to find something else. I reviewed several products and signed up for a few demo accounts as well. Clinic Source was the...

Pros

This is, unfortunately, the only software that we could find that offered templates that were customizable to the extent we needed them to be. This is the strongest aspect of the software. The scheduling process and the note-taking process work fairly well. I like that I can create notes from the schedule and that I can create reminders in the schedule. I like that I can add diagnoses and procedure codes.

Cons

The only thing I like about this software is that the documents are customizable. It was important that we be able to create our own templates, as our documents are very specific to our field. I like the fact that I was able to customize our templates, but there is a steep learning curve, and a few pretty big details that I don't think were adequately covered in the training sessions or the support...

CJ

Chanel J.

Great product!

Overall experience is outstanding-- not because of the product, but because of the customer services. Responses to questions are always quick, and they are well explained. Most recently I interacted with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]... he was fantastic. His responses were easy to understand, and he was very personable. A good product is important, but customer service wins clients!

Pros

The product is easy to use... if a mistake is made, it seems easy to correct-- not permanent.

Cons

Integration was easy. If anything could be changed, it would be cool to offer some sort of teletherapy platform within Clinic Source. The platform would offer games and programs that families and therapists could log in to, and have teletherapy sessions with all e-materials loaded into CS.

BT

Beth T.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Worth the price

ClinicSource saves us time, which equates to saving us money. Things are streamlined in ClinicSource and accepting new patients is a breeze with the patient portal, and with the ability to store documents the clients provide, everything we need for our clients is in one place. Billing through the clearinghouse is efficient as is their support.

Pros

I like the patient portal feature. I also like the ease of billing through the clearinghouse and the therapist dashboard. ClinicSource is an easy way for me to manage the scheduling, staff, billing and documentation of our small, but growing practice. I feel ClinicSource can "grow" with our company.

Cons

The price is a little higher than other software programs, and the price has definitely gone up since I started using this software years ago. However, ClinicSource offers more and offers better features than other software programs.

SG

Sandra G.

New ClinicSource user

As stated, we are new and in the trial phase, but so far, so good.

Pros

We are new to ClinicSource, but so far things are going well. Everyone has been very helpful and willing to help answer questions or help with problems. We are still in the trial phase and hope to go live soon.

Cons

We wish that there was eligibility checking capabilities, but we understand that is coming in the future. And for that data migration it would have been nice if the insurance information had loaded.

HS

He S.

Looked awesome initially, but does not fulfill promises

I was able to start my company with this software. I was able to use an integrated schedule, documentation, and billing software. The cost is reasonable.

Pros

Graphics are appealing. The technical support person is very kind and helpful. The cost is reasonable. I am a one-therapist company and for the most part, most of the system works.

Cons

(1) One has to place a "support ticket" to get any help. The initial person on the phone who takes your call is unprofessional and robotic and states that you "first" have to place a "support ticket". Then, the support ticket will be closed if a certain amount of time passes--even of your problem was unresolved. For example, I placed a "support ticket" on a Friday, and by Monday I was notified by...

JA

Julie A.

Hospital & Health Care, self-employed

Gets the Job Done but can be highly irritating!

Overall, ClinicSource is a fairly easy yet somewhat archaic system. I primarily use the system for compiling pediatric evaluation reports and creating care plans, so I can not really comment on the functionality of day to day use, such as documenting daily notes. Also, if you are a night owl and tend to do work late at night, BEWARE of the nightly system LOG OFF!

Pros

ClinicSource is relatively easy to use once you play around with it for awhile to test out its functions. I like the ease of typing up an evaluation report; once you have your template set up (which can be a bit tricky to muddle through) it is relatively easy to click through the evaluation using helpful drop downs and checkboxes. You can also design multiple templates to use for different types of patients. There is a pretty good amount of pediatric-relevant terminology, embedded score reporting for many pediatric assessments, and the pre-loaded goals are pretty helpful.

Cons

The user interface is somewhat old and clunky. It kind of feels like you are using an outdated program that was created in the early 2000s. The single most annoying about this EMR program is that there seems to be nightly outage (most likely due to system maintenance) but I have never seen any kind of warning message about it. In fact it doesn't even show you a pop up message after it has logged...

EC

Erick C.

Used other for 1-2 years

Good concept, no so good execution.

When everything is working... just ok, no bells or whistles. When something goes wrong... extremely frustrating at the lack of getting fixed on the spot.

Pros

The software in a lot of aspects is easy to use and the learning curve is not to steep. Affordable. Nice bank of icd10 codes that can be customized.

Cons

Rather unstable. For example... you can't print directly to a printer. The software first exports the item you are trying to print to a pdf format which you can print and/or save, but the problem is that every now and then, it doesn't work. Even though customer service is courteous, more often than not, they cannot fix the problem and it has to be sent to another department along with a service ticket. Usually it takes them 48 to 72 hours to get it fix. Time is money and that alone is something you should be aware of.

AM

Alisa M.

Medical Practice, self-employed

My experience has been that the software is a great product for the money.

I think the product meets my needs.

Pros

Easy to use, able to customize. The cost of the software is reasonable. My practice consists of one provider and it is very practical, but more providers could be added.

Cons

I do not like the formatting of the documents and unable to change that. Once in a contract it is difficult to call to get assistance from customer service, but they respond within 24h of emailing a question/concern.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Used monthly for 6-12 months

ero Stars: Broken Promises and Frustrating Experience with Clinicsource

My experience with Clinicsource has been nothing short of a nightmare. Their promises of a user-friendly platform and seamless communication between clients and therapists were nothing but empty words.From the very beginning, it was evident that their platform was far from user-friendly. Instead of providing an easy access portal for communication, it demanded hours of training just to navigate basic...

Pros

I had the misfortune of signing up for Clinicsource with high hopes of a user-friendly platform that would seamlessly connect clients and therapists. It quickly became apparent that their promises were nothing but empty words.The platform's complexity was baffling. Hours of training were required just to navigate its convoluted interface. Customer service, supposed to aid in profile setup, was a complete...

Cons

I cannot express how utterly disappointed I am with my experience using Clinicsource. Their claims of a user-friendly platform and a seamless communication portal for clients and therapists were nothing but false promises.Clinicsource, your platform is a hollow shell of what you claimed it to be. I urge anyone considering their services to steer clear. My business suffered, my trust was shattered, and my money was squandered on false assurances. A year later, I am still shackled to a platform that has rendered itself utterly useless to me.

We deeply regret to hear about your frustrating experience with ClinicSource, and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you've encountered. Our team genuinely strives to provide a user-friendly platform with effective customer support, and it's disheartening to learn that we fell short of your expectations. Unfortunately, this feedback was posted anonymously, as it makes it challenging for...

MC

Michael C.

A Matter of Communication/Integrated TherapyWorks

Overall I feel Clinic Source has met my needs for an EMR. As is likely the case with any, there are things that don't fit they way I would do it if I built the system myself but can be managed ok. They have been pretty responsive to changing things when we contact tech support. I was concerned when we had the Medicare G-code changes coming and no one there seemed to be at all aware and I had to...

Pros

It does flow pretty well between records. It is comforting to know everything is backed up, so will not be lost if my computer were to crash. I feel tech support is quick to respond and typically has always come up with a viable solution whenever we pose an issue.

Cons

Most recently we were not pleased with the almost doubling of the monthly cost. I understand there has to be adjustments, but this seemed like quite a big jump and almost resulted in us changing companies (In the end too much work and too much to lose in the process made us decide to change). As I work with adults/adolescents, I would like a table for the Functional Assessment of Verbal Reasoning...

MM

Marsha M.

Individual & Family Services, self-employed

Extremely disappointed - Buyer beware!

Sales team assured me it was an easy set up process with lots of training and would make my job less about paperwork and more about my clients. Unfortunately, I was never able to utilize this due to such a headache of setting it up. After 3 weeks the system was still not usable with comments back from support stating things like "maybe just try to reset your password". I even had a trainer state to...

Pros

Unknown - was not able to utilize the service due to difficulty getting it up and running, after 3 weeks still not usable and now being charged to cancel a product that is not useful.

Cons

Lack of support - product not usable, service not set up in a way that a user can utilize it in a timely manner - charge for cancel when product is not what was promised.

VW

Vernice W.

Individual & Family Services, self-employed

Extremely Dissatisfied

The lack of support in learning to navigate the program. Encouraging me to give the program a try every time I asked to cancel. Did not work with ease in setting program up. I requested to cancel since the beginning in March 2021 and they continued to charge me for the entire year. Then in May 2022 informed me that to send an email to cancel. Only to tell me that I was auto-renewed for another year and cannot cancel. Refusing to reimburse me for last year and now still charging me for this year. I would have to close down my business bank account to stop the charges. Horrible customer service!!! I will share with all peers and collegues in social media the manipulation of clinic source. Who is still refusing to reimburse me and indicated they will still bill me every month for a 2nd year.

Pros

Scheduling. But wasn't able to fully set up caseload and had limited supported. Asking me to pay for more training.

KH

Kent H.

January 2020 Downgrade

Almost zero features added in the last 5 years. We have been asking to edit the summary window for years and all we ever hear is the empty promise 'we're excited about the new features we are working on.'

Pros

- Integration of medical billing and documentation - Alphabetizes the patient's names - It's actually pretty user-friendly - It's a good place to start for a small company but after you get over 10 people you'll probably outgrow it.

Cons

- The software has been unresponsive since the Jan 2020 security update - Service response is 5 seconds per click - ClinicSource servers don't seem to be able to handle its own software - Phone tech tells you one thing while you get an email 3 days later telling you another - Unable to edit the summary window - Unable to organize patient documentation in folders - Cannot add a second guardian to the patient profile - Cannot add additional contact numbers in the patient profile - Cannot export CSV files to change to a better EMR - Incomplete 'how to' guide

CH

Chandon H.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

ClinicSource Review

Over the past 2 years of using clinicsource I have found more positives than negatives

Pros

Clinicsource is fairly used friendly. I enjoy the options for customization along with billing options right on the main app.

Cons

Sometimes it is finicky and runs very slowly.

PA

Paula A.

Mental Health Care, self-employed

Great so far

Pros

The ease of editing documentation templates.

Cons

I have not encountered any difficulties with the program so far, and the support in getting it set up has been spectacular.

Thank you for leaving us an awesome review! The team here at ChiroTouch strives to make our customers feel confident when using our software. We are glad to hear you are having a positive experience with our documentation templates. We appreciate your kind words. Thank you for choosing us!

NJ

Nataile J.

Perfect for a Started EMR

We have been using CS for about 3 or 4 years now and it has served us well. Until recently, we had no concerns, however, our pricing was increased without notice which left us feeling concerned. We enjoy the calendar feature (pushes to Google Calendar) as well as the ability to use some simple templates with check boxes and narrative capability as well as the ability to upload various documents. We understand price increases however we aren't seeing any new features which might make us want to consider an increase.

Pros

- relatively inexpensive - relatively easy to learn - good for small businesses - unlimited storage for documents - billing capability (we don't currently use this feature but we could)

Cons

- poor training manual - limited customer support - no notice regarding price increases - interface and organization is somewhat disorganized - not as intuitive as other EMRs

TP

Tatiana P.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Easy Therapy SOAP notes

Very easy to use and organize! Working on schedule changes is easy and making them reoccurring even better. It allows me to record the patients status of the day too (cancelled, no show, etc.)

Pros

I loved that it allows me to check my patient in and view their goals while participating in the therapy. It makes it easy for me to write notes and check off the goals I worked on while treating the patient. It allows you to save and then work on perfecting SOAP notes whenever you can. At the end of day I can go over who I saw and make sure all my notes are done for the day. Clinic source does a great job of organizing notes and showing me what was done in the last session.

Cons

It doesn’t allow me to copy and paste same goals during evaluations or average out scores.

AC

Aileen C.

ATP Review

Pros

We started with Clinicsource when the company was a lot smaller. It is easy to use and therapist driven.

Cons

I would have liked for CS to more quickly have added a teletherapy option that is already included in pricing. Pricing per user and separating features such as memory, billing, appt confirmations, etc drive up pricing which is the biggest issue I have with the use of this program. If prices continue to go up, I may need to look into other EMR options that are much more reasonable in price.

WW

Wen W.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

clinicsource review for a speech language therapist's perspective. Pros and cons listed.

make the therapy sessions easier in general

Pros

easy access: I can have easy access to clinicsource at the clinic anywhere and time; data sharing: it allows me to read the previous notes and POC and the progress easier, it also allows me to track the next re-eval time; progress tracking: it allows me to check patients' progress made.

Cons

cyber security: when I came back from the my vacation trip, I was informed that my company's clinicsource security was breached and we had to pay money to get the data back. After that , we started to pay more attention to the log in/log off checking etc; formatting: difficulty to change format, sometimes difficulty to paste tables to the impression section of the eval template; diagnosis code: difficulty to make changes to the diagnosis code once the eval template is inserted.

SH

Sean H.

Medical Practice, self-employed

Great software, excellent training/support staff

Pros

I'm using this software primarily for billing functions. The production of the CMS-1500 form generated by the software is intuitive, simple, and efficient.

Cons

Some of the functions/processes for using the software were less than intuitive; without help from training/support staff, using the software would have been difficult.

BB

Bethany B.

Hospital & Health Care, self-employed

Terrible Customer Service

Terrible customer service. They update the software and then it messes up billing and I don’t get paid in time. Last I checked, I hired them. I’m an unhappy customer with a small business. These kind of mistakes are not ok. And all they say is “sorry.” This company has been around way too long for a mistake like this and to not try to satisfy their customers is not ok. I work with kids with special needs but they are the ones profiting off my hard work. They have sent out a survey with a chance to win $500. They have $500. They can send it to me.

Pros

There is little to like about this. It isn’t easily customized. Reloads. Is slow.

Cons

Not great. Update software and then I don’t get paid....

MC

Maura C.

Customer Service Rocks

I find managing the variety of income streams (payments from insurance companies and from individuals, copays, cash pay) to resolve efficiently in the system. All of the documentation looks refined and professional.

Pros

The software is easy to navigate and comprehensive. I am a therapist who needs to be able to document comprehensively and with speed, and the clinic source software makes that possible. Learning the billing and accounting management part of the system was facilitated by excellent customer service with knowledgeable support staff. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has patiently walked me through the billing and accounts system step by step and in a short time, I have developed confident competence in this area which was previously unknown to me.

Cons

I was intimidated about the accounts and billing portion of my practice, and initially I did not like this part of the system. With the help of customer service, I have learned how to manage billing and payments and no longer feel that way.

WW

Wendy W.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

ClinicSource, Of Course !

The program is working well for us. It is meeting our needs and the needs for our clients.

Pros

The ease in which to add new and maintain clients, evaluations, daily plans and daily notes. The versatility to move the schedule around when needed. Because this is an internet based system, it makes billing easier and saves on time and is less paper intensive. It saves trees.

Cons

We developed our own written "guide" to transition our therapists from our old billing system to ClinicSource even though the company provides guidance, help and assistance. As with any new program it took a few tries to get all transitioned smoothly.