Clustermarket Logo

Clustermarket

Online lab management platform for all resources & data.

Clustermarket Reviews - Page 2

An absolute saving grace

fantastic

Pros

I was sceptical when I first heard about the company, their software and the service that they offered. However, using this software has kept out personnel safe in the covid-19 pandemic, allows us to easily advertise and sell our equipment to outside users, the support is fab and the platform is very intuitive. All in all this is marvellous.

Cons

I really do not have anything to moan about yet however, am still working on brining other departments systems onto this platform.

Thank you for the positive feedback Jennifer! We are very happy to hear you are satisfied with our platform.

An essential management system for scientific labs

The Clustermarket team is very helpful.

Pros

Bookkit tool is essential for managing the facilities in three labs in our College of Engineering. During the pandemic period, the system has been helping us to coordinate the use of the facilities and minimize to put too many persons the lab to keep social distancing. Furthermore, it helps us to keep a track on the training, equipment downtime, and user usage.

Cons

There is no issue. We really like the system.

Many thanks for your positive feedback!

Excellent Product and Support

My experience with Clustermarket has been extremely positive.

Pros

Your booking system was easy to implement, and it is easy for my users to use. We have a small facility in a university, and I run this facility by myself. I am so grateful that you provide your product to places like ours. In addition, your customer support is excellent! We have been working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT], and she has been wonderful. She responds to my questions quickly and thoroughly, and she has been very helpful.

Cons

I have been very happy with your software.

Many thanks for your feedback, Annette!

Covid measures in a research institute

We loved how easy was to implement it and we have started to explore other possiblities (external service, costings).

Pros

We had to implement the whole booking system for the research institute under the new covid 19 measures. It took us less than a day to place all infrastructure and all users. We run a transition period from the previous system (excel sheets) to the new and in one week we were all using it.

Cons

I don't have a the moment anything that I don't like yet. Maybe confirmation of bookings could be done on multiple events at once, but it is something very minor.

Hi Jesus, thanks a lot for the positive feedback. It's great to hear you enjoy using our system and are happy with the customer support!

Great product but needs to be mobile-friendly

Pros

From desktop the website is very intuitive and easy to use, especially after the later updates allowing multiple bookings.

Cons

I would appreciate a mobile-friendly website or a smartphone app as often I found myself trying to edit bookings with my smartphone and it's quite complicated.

Thanks for your feedback! Our team is currently working on updating our UI and improving the mobile experience which will make using the system much more streamlined.

A convenient, fast and organized software

A convenient, fast and organized software

Pros

During cov19, this software effectively helped us book rooms and equipment in a more organized and friendly manner. In addition, it is more effective and clearer to show the cost of our equipment booking

Cons

Sometimes it is not easy to modify the reservation (may be related to the administrator's authority), and secondly, it is difficult to use this software with a mobile phone.

Great Program for Risk assessment

Excellent program and one that I will continue to use.

Pros

The ease of use for not only the administrator but the users. This program allows our facilities to track users which is critical for assessing risk due to Covid

Cons

The only con for me at this time is that we do not fully use this program which I am hoping we can utilize in the future.

Thank you for your feedback! Feel free to reach out to our team who will gladly help you implement the system.

Requires some work to set up, but a good solution for us

It's been ok overall. I have reached out to customer service several times to figure out how to do things that should have been pretty straightforward but weren't due to the usage assumptions that the developers obviously made. Customer service has been responsive - I'll give them credit for that.

Pros

The fact that the free version is so capable is a huge deal. Many other similar packages don't have that kind of functionality in the free version. It's pretty intuitive for users to get signed up and running - not necessarily intuitive for administrators in setting it up, however.

Cons

Some of the functionality is fairly counterintuitive. It is obviously structured with the idea that outside people will be requesting access to use your instruments - sort of like a big Clustermarket community. If you don't operate that way (and we don't) then some of the ways in which things work in the software is pretty cumbersome and counterintuitive.

Thank you for the feedback! We've shared this information with our product development team.

Best software for managing multiple users for multiple instruments

Pros

Its user friendly and can be used for multiple instruments at once. We use Bookit in our organization which makes it quite easy for multiple users to book instruments at the same time.

Cons

Honestly, I cannot think of any. It was quite easy to get it integrated in our organization

Thank you very much for your feedback, Priyanka!

Really useful and simple to use

Pros

Using groups helps to assign instruments to various people at once. Reports provide a clear overview of instrument usage and facilitate decision making.

Cons

When new instruments are added, it is not possible to automatically add them to a group.

Thank you for your feedback, Ignacio! We've shared this with our product development team.

Scheduling Equipment made easy

Overall experience is good. But the booking interface cab be made more user friendly

Pros

Easy to schedule the equipment with multiple groups

Cons

Interface can be cleaned up a bit. Booking module timers are not that user friendly

Thanks for your input, Ravi! Our team is currently working on updating our UI which will make the processes easier and more user friendly.

Using bookit for shared university laboratory

Pros

It works and is intuitive enough, allows to see what other users have booked.

Cons

Can't book multiple slots at once so have to click over and over again on things to make multiple bookings for the next week. Can't change the fact that I get an email for every single one of those bookings, which is annoying and not needed. Can't change the booking retroactively, for example if I forgot to cancel one and wish to change it one minute after the booking has "started" it cannot be done. The website doesn't work at all on mobile phones, it's impossible to make or change bookings from there.

Hi Giulia, Thanks for your valuable feedback. To help you with each one of your points, please see below: - Multiple slots: we have just made recurring bookings available to all users which allow you to book more than one slot in one go. You only need to ask your lab admin to enable this option for you - Email notifications: you can turn these off on the top right corner, clicking on your...

Pros and Cons of Clustermarket

Pros

Software visuality, formation able to see weekly, daily, monthly booking slots either available or not

Cons

Not all the instruments can be seen at a time or those instruments I am looking for are not able to see using the search button. All the time going through the portal. Also, new equipment adding issue still there!

Many thanks for the feedback, Anurag! We are constantly looking into ways to improve the system and will pass this information to our product development team.

Excellent lab management software

Using Bookkit has been a great success; both from the operators and user perspective. The benefits have been seen by all.

Pros

In the current climate we needed to be able to promote social distancing and be able to remotely control access/use of multiple laboratories and pieces of shared instrumentation. Bookkit was an outstanding piece of software that allowed us to easily setup and implement a whole new system for accessing and using our labs. The feedback from our users have been very positive and has been a revelation in how we operate, allowing us to continue to provide a service during these trying times whilst keeping staff/users safe.

Cons

We do not require a 'pricing' system, having to supply a quote, for internal users and is therefore unnecessary for our needs. However we have easily been able to work with it, despite the fact it is not required.

Thanks for the amazing feedback Darren. Glad to hear your team finds our system helpful!

easily integrated into existing calendar software

Pros

being able to integrate your bookings into your work calendar such as outlook with automatic updates makes this software an invaluable tool for research

Cons

The bookings page does not automatically go to the current day, so if you havent made a booking in a couple of weeks you have to bring it back to today.

Many thanks for your feedback, Nia! Our team is currently working on updating our UI which will make using the system much easier.

This software is FANTASTIC and the customer and technical support is EXTRAORDINARY

When COVID-19 hit, we really needed software that could allow us to manage lab use and control for social distancing. This allowed us to book both space and equipment to assure that lab members could plan for the use of smaller spaces, and avoid booking time in the lab for a piece of equipment that would already be in use at that time. I am confident that, even after the need for social distancing has ended, the lab will continue to use the software for booking and managing equipment use.

Pros

Ease of set up, ease of use, flexibility, fulfills all our needs for equipment and space booking.

Cons

Nothing. Best system software I have had to use at my institution.

Thanks a lot for the positive feedback Heidi! It's a pleasure to hear our system is working well for you.

Good software when used for the appropriate purpose

Using Clustermarket has made much of our equipment booking far easier. This has helped a lot during the pandemic by allowing staff to plan their work much more efficiently, and only come into work when they need to.

Pros

Clustermarket has allowed us to make booking of key equipment much more efficient. It is easy to plan work as the time that the equipment is available is clear. Booking is straightforward. it is easy to examine instrument use and determine what equipment is under pressure.

Cons

The software at present does not make it so easy to define "default" areas that a user might want to go to. I would like to have more control over the dashboard and what I see directly on login.

Thank you for your feedback! We have shared this information with our product development team.

Very useful and free tool to manage shared equipments in the laboratory

Very useful tool, better than any other calendar system I have used so far (google cal, outlook cal, iLab)

Pros

It has all the features I need to manage the shared equipments in our lab.

Cons

I wish if I could change the default setting for new users. I always have to change several parameters manually.

Thank you very much for your feedback! We have forwarded your comments to our development team.

User experience for over one year

We have been using this program for last over one year. But now people are complaining that the the mobile version is horrible. Even for simple calendar booking the web version is sightly complicated. Therefore, we are now exploring other options.

Pros

I like the calendar view and it’s moderately easy to use.

Cons

No easy mobile interface, Could have been more simple even in the web version. It take more time to load.

Philip Ragan Clustermarket review

Very pleasant. Easy to use and very user friendly.

Pros

I think the software is very user friendly. The fact I can select to book machines via the machine name or the room they're in allow a lot of ease when booking items that i'm not entirely sure their name or where they are within the University.

Cons

We can only book for 4 hours at a time - I'm not sure if this is set by the University or Clustermarket.

Thanks for your feedback, Philip! Any booking restrictions you are experiencing would have been implemented by your lab admin.

Bookkit is a very nice product.

Bookkit is a very nice product, so useful to manage the usage of shared equipment of our research center. Is a very friendly platform, with a large number of options to customize the services according to the needs of each laboratory. Their customer support are really efficient.

Pros

The feature that I really find useful is that we are able to manage different laboratories, with different users on the same platform.

Cons

I would like to have more options to customize the schedule of equipments. For example, set more than one time-block at the day where the equipment will be out of service.

Thanks for the positive feedback Zulay! We appreciate it and are happy to hear you enjoy using Bookkit - we will continue improving the system to make the overall user experience better.

Easy to use and very complete

Very happy with the service, it can be used at a departmental level for shared equipment and new individual labs can be created easily for PI-specific equipment

Pros

The ease to create, organise and use booking systems for the equipment in the lab.

Cons

It would be better if it had a chemical inventory system.

Thanks for the feedback Ignacio - it helps us to continue improving!

Clustermarket as a Covid management software

Pros

The easy way of allowing to organize/book a section. Its a great software to organize a space with to many people working on it.

Cons

Sometimes there are updates that interrupt the easy functionalities and take some days to get back to normal.

Thank you very much for your input! We've shared this feedback with our development team.

Decent tool for scheduling shared equipment and space usage

I think it is a good tool so far. With the recommended improvements it could be better.

Pros

Click and drag to select time ranges for reserving space and equipment. Straight-forward to navigate the pages Dropdown menu for different lab spaces with different sets of equipment to reserve. Ability to have pictures of equipment for the users to know what they are reserving.

Cons

The approval process seems a bit intensive - each time chunk for each space has to be approved unless the user is an administrator, at least with the settings we use. This can be a lot to manage and approve if each user uses a lot of different space and equipment each day. A very useful feature for users that I recommend implementing would be something like saving a reservation profile so that if a user has to use the same set of equipment/space multiple days in a row they don't have to click and reserve so many things for every day - a single click option to repeat a prior days reservation, and be able to give it a title like "DNA Extractions" or "Library Preparation" would make it easy as a user to reserve space day after day.

Thank you for your feedback - we have forwarded this information to our product development team.

Lab Instrument Scheduling made easy

It has been an easy change for the lab and users. Going from paper and Google calendars, this has been such an easy and welcome addition to the lab. Makes my job as the lab manager much easier.

Pros

Very easy to setup and manage. Adding users is very easy.

Cons

The inability for users to edit their own bookings AFTER completion. The only way this is done is if they are given Admin access (which no one wants to do for a user).

Many thanks for the positive feedback Jackie!