Document Control Reviews

Document Control

Cloud-based healthcare & laboratory document control system

Document Control

This is a great tool for smaller groups. Flexible enough to fit most needs.

Pros

This is a great tool for smaller groups. Flexible enough to fit most needs, and accessible remotely.

Cons

The report generation is not always specific enough when compiling metrics. We are not using it for document approval routing, only training.

Excellent product

Pros

We've used this in our laboratories for many years, and have found it to be very helpful and useful

Cons

The price does seem to increase each year, and there is only one site administrator allowed per site, which is cumbersome

It was a little confusing to get started using it due to limited training

It was interesting to see how well this would keep our documents organized and up to date. The inspection proof aspect will be extremely helpful during an onsite inspection.

Pros

Once you familiarize yourself with it you can quickly move around to its many functions. The tutorials were very helpful.

Cons

At first, it seemed a little too busy on any given screen. Too many options and confusing as to where you wanted to go.

Really like the software. Does a good job of keeping documents in one place and tracks every change.

Better control of approved document versions, documentation that personnel reviewed the document, Inspection Proof lets us keep all inspection documents in one place for easy inspector access.

Pros

The different modules give use better control of keeping policies/procedures in one place and helps us keep up with review requirements. Inspection Proof module is really great for organizing all our documents for inspection time.

Cons

It can be difficult to navigate and instructions are not very explicit. Setting up the correct permissions can be tricky and the system will not work as intended if not correct.

MediaLab Document Control

Able to keep up with compliance, documents all in one place including forms, no more sheets of paper all over the lab that are outdated

Pros

The software is easy to use and made the inspection process much easier. End users like to be able to look up current procedures using the software rather than finding what they need in a large technical procedure manual. The email reminders are great and help keep the users on track. Document control solved!!

Cons

At this time I can only say good things and I am still exploring all the features

easy to use. Very useful

Pros

Keeps all the documents in one place with easy 24/7 access for all users. Provides a wide variety of continuing education courses. Gives my ability to create my own courses and publish it .

Cons

I was unable to assign a policy or course to a selected individual. I can only do that by groups. Sometimes it hard to find correct report to print

Document Control is so easy to use!

Pros

MediaLab's Document Control is very intuitive. Within one month of being on the job I was able to to completely rebuild our manual structure on my own.

Cons

There are a few features I have wished for that are not currently available in Document Control that I hope will be in the near future. However, MediaLab support is very helpful in providing what I need if certain features are not available.

Thank you for the great feedback, Kristen! Feel free to contact me about the features you'd like to see!

Once you've used Document Control a few times it's user friendly. The 1st time was difficult.

Pros

I can easily switch from one document to another without having to go back to another screen. I have some administrative rights. It's easy to build new questions. I like the format and ease of adding remediation and feedback.

Cons

The steps to sign off on a document is not user friendly. I'm never quite sure if I've completed the assignment, so I check the Document Control icon to make sure an assignment is no longer pending. I shouldn't have to do that.

I love using Media Lab for our procedure document control.

Everything is was very easy to use.

Pros

I like to be able to make quick minor changes that are documented without having to be reviewed by a group of people.

Cons

I would like to be able to cut and paste from a document that I'm viewing to an email or another procedure. I cannot do that now.

Pros

This software is very user friendly and easy to navigate. I like how useful document control is as a reference in my daily work.

Cons

The only con I have is that as an administrator the lay out of seeing all the amdin tasks and my regular user tasks, get confusing sometimes.

This software is very user-friendly!

I appreciate how user-friendly the MediaLab software is. It serves a range of employees from entry level to Pathologists. It's great for tracking employee compliance as it applies to review new/edits to policies and procedures. With the software, it is also very easy to upload new procedures, edit existing procedures and categorize procedures by type in "submanuals". I appreciate how the software tracks the original upload dates of policies, procedures and forms and then sends email reminders as the next review date approaches. The MediaLab software is versatile enough to allow us to also use it to track research proposal approvals, as well. Overall, I have had excellent experience with the software as well as the customer service team at MediaLab!

Thank you, Carla. Your team is a pleasure to work with. - MediaLab

Critical support

Pros

Tracks changes for updates to hard copy manuals

Cons

Sometimes freezes up forcing you to log off then back on.

I love it! It makes procedure reviews and revisions a breeze.

Uniformity and consistency.

Pros

The software is easy to navigate. I like the function tab that allows you see what your options are when dealing with a procedure.

Cons

The constant notifications that are sent daily via email about procedure reviews even though I am not a required person for review.

Nice tool

The current document control process is cumbersome with many steps. using the computer to facilitate CAP requirements for review by staff etc is going to be a huge timesaver

Pros

love the ease of annual review and notification to staff. Can't wait until all departments are live so that we can rely on the program in it's entirety

Cons

is a little challenging to navigate, but perhaps the more we use the more familiar it will become

It was so easy to uploads the documents and update them as needed.

All documents are so easy to access / print uncontrolled copies as needed.

Pros

Easy of use, simple navigation. All the documents and SOP are so easy to be accessed when needed. Media Lab is very well designed.

Cons

N/A at this moment. It has been less than a year that my department choose Media Lab for documents control and SOP. I will update if I think of a part that I would like to see it displayed differently.

Document Control Review

It has a been a big project moving everything over from our binder of procedures to the system, but now that it is online it should simplify our document control process immensely.

Pros

I like that it is a one-stop-shop for all of our labs essential documents.

Cons

The software is not easy to navigate. Having a quick guide for uploading new documents, making changes, and routing for approval would have been helpful from the get-go.

great laboratory compliance tool

Great software that is easy to train others on

Pros

great way to easily incorporate documentation of compliance with regulatory standards with software that is already used for CE compliance

Cons

limited CE units in molecular diagnostics

MediaLab Laboratory Document Control

It's great! It was nearly impossible to keep up with reviews and versions without a system like this. It really makes my job easier.

Pros

You can assign your own policy numbers OR let the system assign them.

Cons

Sometimes a bit confusing when trying to go back to a manual, but it is really straightforward, just need to get used to it. I never set up my new user call, but it is available at any time.

Very good for basic document control needs

Pros

Good pricing. Good entry level document control system. Easy to create accounts. easy to search for needed documents

Cons

Not very user friendly for assigning documents. Approval process cannot be customized. Geared towards use with blood banking and not GMP products. Not as many restrictions other Document control systems

MediaLab is very willing to help and work with you

Staff wanted more CE opportunites Ability for standardized controlled SOPs.

Pros

Ability to put documents and CE in the hands of staff easily. Ability to track documents, staff CE use.

Cons

I wish there were more written down loadable user manuals with sections for the various user levels. Some training records on basic use for staff would also be helpful so we could get up and running quicker.

MediaLab

It was a very easy transition from our previous system and easy for employees to adapt.

Pros

The tracking features for versions and employee sign-offs. Ease of setting up custom documents, and review processes in order to meet regulations.

Cons

Limited access for performing employees. I would grand slightly more permissions to performing employees for documets.

First time user implementation

We are a Public Health Lab and it is the first time we try to implement a document control system. Most of my employees had a favorable opinion of MediLab.

Pros

It has everything we need to run the lab. Pricing is extremely competitive to other competitors.

Cons

It is not very intuitive. Sometimes it takes a while to figure out a function.

A must have for any size laboratory

Pros

It does the job. Its full of features that are relative to regulatory agencies.

Cons

Intuitive ease of use for persons not activly engaged in it.

Enjoy the program but needs better interface

Less need for paper copies of documents

Pros

Good tool to organize & consolidate QA items. Easy for inspectors to view the necessary documents for accreditation.

Cons

Difficult to navigate & outdated/simple look. Folder systems could be improved and some created as default drop areas such as "technical SOP" or "employee documents".

we are early in our process

Pros

The software's potential is great for us. I hope that it works out. There is a huge learning curve and a huge shift in how our industry traditionally does things. I hope it works out.

Cons

The user interface is extremely confusing. More emphasis needs to be put on which division you are in. All menus are too similar and confusing. There could be a lot of improvement to the user interface. There are too many options for designating properties for employees which makes the whole thing extremely difficult to work with. Inspection proof is glitchy and not very intuitive. We are a huge company with many labs and getting this thing to integrate with everyone is impossible since each lab is different.