DrChrono Reviews - Page 6

AS

Adam S.

Best EMR on the market.

awesome EMR that is continually improving. Wish they had more native English speakers on their support staff.

Pros

Great overall value. Sky is the limit in terms of customizing your workflow and experience. Great implementation. Love the UI and easy to use iPad app. Hands down the best EMR.

Cons

There are a few simple things they should be able to fix: i.e. Allow customization with the online scheduler, overall the payment experience (for copays and in office payments). Some stuff seems half baked but can easily be fixed. Problems with all EMRs is that you have smart engineers that work on the product that have never actually stepped foot in a doctors office.

AC

ANITA C.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Love the ease of this system

Pros

It is complete in an easy to use format. I was hesitant on changing systems in the beginning but it became clear early on that I should have made this switch a long time ago.

Cons

At times, likely more of a wifi issue, it is slow and/or hard to get into. Our tech support is working on upgrading our wifi.

DB

Darren B.

NOT FOR AESTHETICS!

This product was sold to us as being targeted towards aesthetics practices. Garbage. In virtually every instance medical aesthetics employees are commission based and there are no provisions for that in the system. You can also not effectively have your product inventory managed unless you never discount your products, and never pay commission to anyone who sold them. If you do, be prepared for lots...

Pros

I like that it has the iPad app to use at check-in.

Cons

It does not work in a commission based practice

Hi Darren, Thank you for reaching out to us with your feedback. We take our user experience and feedback very seriously. DrChrono EHR works well for many aesthetics and medical spa practices and we have numerous customers that are currently using our system very successfully. However, we understand that every practice has unique or specific desired features needed to fit their workflow. I have...

SK

Summit K.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Looks good at first glance, then...

I am migrating to Practice Fusion, as the implementation seems similar in most ways, and the cost of this system combined with the extreme difficulty (relatively) in retrieving information is slowing down my practice and therefore revenue. I don't recommend this other than its use as an expensive computer game.

Pros

Functions decently as a data entry EHR. I used this on a mac and iPad and I could document what I needed to after a lot of customization. Being html based, this is really portable and functions well on multiple devices fluidly.

Cons

Retrieving data is hard. For example, a patient calls, and the receptionist needs to look up the patient's history. This takes several types and clicks, and seems so buried into the system that it is an afterthought. When I think of a patient's history, I need it a click away. What I did to them and why they came to me needs to be immediately available. The slow-down due to drchrono is really...

CT

Carleigh T.

Alternative Medicine, 1-10 employees

Highly disappointed

Pros

Well initially the sales team was responsive, quick, helpful. They quickly got us in for a demo. The demo was appealing. It appeared the software could do just about anything. But I know feel this was a heavy emphasis on sales no matter what. They even discounted our service at risk of it not being the right software for our needs.

Cons

It’s confusing. Complex. Not easy to use. Implementation team didn’t even know how to use features and would send us to specialists who were booked for days on end. When reaching out after signing a contract good luck getting help. We feel like we have become a number and not a customer or assets to them. It is one of the worst companies I have experienced since 1999. What happened to quick, helpful and efficient customer service? It was on the front end to make us a customer and to sign a ridiculous contract. Once in, they disappear and say they can’t help. They just send you to person to person. Then the person at the top is unavailable. It’s 2019. This is the worst company I have used since Comcast. Even then Comcast is better.

JG

Jenfier G.

I would recommend DrChrono

The sales associate, Danny, was very informative and detailed about the software; what info on the system he provided has been accurate to date. Charla, our implementation manager, has been responsive and patient. Clearly her goal is to get DrChrono implemented effortlessly for us and in a timely fashion; we appreciate having that level of support.

Pros

* DrChrono is an Apple Enterprise partner * user friendly for patient and provider * comprehensive pricing, not ala carte' * real time EHR, cloud based

Cons

* as to be expected, creating customized templates is time-consuming, however the implementation process is itself is relative quick * IT support is available by email/chat submission. IT will call back quickly, which avoids being placed on hold for long period of time, however not having a "800" number to call takes some getting used to. I must admit though, the IT department is quick to respond once a request for help is submitted * the company is on west coast hours; our practice is east coast. Not so much a con, just a small inconvenience

PS

Paige S.

EHR Happiness

We have been using DrChrono since 2013 and have been very happy with it. We have repeatedly been pleased to see the new features that are put out and always find the check-ins with our account managers to be informative and helpful. Compared to so many other nightmare stories we hear from other practices, we have had relatively smooth sailing with DrChrono, and look forward to continuing with them.

BL

Becky L.

Alternative Medicine, 1-10 employees

Good but room for improvement

Pros

Photos of patients in chart, ease of consent forms and being paperless , aesthetics are nice, option to send rx's with phone app when out and patients need something urgently

Cons

They make small updates often without telling us and often with updates, other features become temporarily broken.

CH

Caylin H.

EASIEST EMR

We are a large office with a large amount of questionnaires and forms and work flow processes to upload into drchrono. We ended up needing at least 6 weeks to implement, and that was with a physician working on the system part-time (and seeing patients the other half of the time) and three managers working on it when available.

Pros

EXTREMELY customizable and the easiest EMR to use for the front office staff when it comes to scheduling, taking payments, and making new patient charts. We have heard from others that if you are transitioning from paper to EMR, this was the one to choose. We could see that even before the advice was given. Every step is very intuitive and the programmers and designers made every task only about 2-3 clicks away. EASY AND FAST chart noting

Cons

Our office has special needs which Drchrono can allow for better than any other EHR, but we sill require further specifications. We are a cash only practice, but it would be nice to have the option, help, or guidance towards what level exam was performed.

AO

Ashley O.

Alternative Medicine, self-employed

Templates are key

Customer service and implementation specialists are very helpful. Training is thorough and recorded for reference.

Pros

Templates are much easier and faster to build than in other EHRs. OnPatient and the completely automated kiosk make the check-in process completely paper- and scan-free. This has been great for a solo-practitioner.

Cons

Scheduler isn't great. It's nice that reminders are included, but the scheduler itself isn't as functional as other programs. Some features I am paying for (eRx and lab integration) continue to not work for me, which were key reasons why I paid more for my plan. Fax system is clunky and not very useful.

JD

Justin D.

Good multi-functional EHR system

Pros

integrates schedule and charting, provides online scheduling portal that is easy for patients to use, provides in-system messaging and faxing allowing for seamless continuity of care

Cons

would be nice to be able to remove the features we don't use to simplify the screens & processes in the system

KR

Kate R.

Love it!

We have enjoyed every bit of our transition to DrChrono from a server based EHR. They have been accommodating, thorough and incredibly kind as our team of 30 learns a whole new way. We are big fans of drchrono EHR and the whole drchrono team!

Pros

Cloud based; awesome support team and thorough onboarding; comprehensive reporting; intuitive interface; fast workflow for intake and documentation; comprehensive revenue cycle management; credentialing support for new MD's

Cons

Still some visibility challenges in the schedule that could be improved; simplified navigation to patient ledgers would help workflow; would like the ability to integrate docusign type elements

JS

Jaime S.

Very easy to use and love the dictation component on the iPad.

Pros

Easy to use on iPad and iPhone, love that fact that I can send a controlled Rx via eRx. Ordering controlled Rx pads are expensive.

Cons

Doesn't show the active allergies in the record when sending a Rx. Would be great if allergies would display on the prescription screen when sending a Rx

yr

yasen r.

MY EXPERIENCE WITH THIS SOFTWARE IS BEYOND AMAZING

Pros

system is easy to change notes and re format. Easy to on iPads backup system is easy to manage prices for plans are not to bad comes with new user tutorials

Cons

sometimes system does not save things don't like that you have to put in a ticket to fix a problem

Eric W.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Great Product

Pros

i like the new addition of several financial reports that you can run to really analyze your practice with regards to billing

Cons

the support is sometimes difficult to communicate with. they are timely but ifeel there is a language barrier.

MS

Maureen S.

Used other for 6-12 months

Customizable, but lacks richness of features

This still feels like a relatively young product with great potential. The price is very appealing. There are lots of bugs in the system and kinks that need to get worked out. It can be a challenge to get through to folks who know what they are talking about. The basic support is only good for incredibly simple things. If a bug in the software is detected, it can be a nightmare to get through to the right person to actually correct the problem.

Pros

-Ease of changing documentation templates on the fly- I can update the way my practice documents quickly and easily -Cheap -Relatively intuitive user interface -Simple platform does not require extensive training for new users -Growing and developing product: drchrono has made consistent updates and improvements in the last year, and I expect them to continue to improve over time.

Cons

-It is difficult as an administrator to "push" customizations such as medication favorites or folder structures for tasks being worked by back office staff to users. You have to log in as the user to make these kinds of updates for each staff member. -There is limited ability to link and report on data inside of the clinical note. -There is no calculating of scores (such as PHQ9 or other screening...

MB

Mark B.

I have enough time to write a review on this product now

I'm an Orthopedic Surgeon with my own practice here in Chicago and my wife is an RN over at Northwestern. Earlier on when I was at the hospital, she and I would spend many of our evenings working on our documentation. But since then she had moved into administration and I started my own practice. She began leaving her work at the office and I was still working with paper notes. I decided to get...

SS

Scott S.

Great Software, Pushy Salespeople, Expensive

Great Software. Inconsistent customer support, pushy sales people

Pros

Comprehensive integrated system, allows for efficient patient care. Software support is generally good and responsive.

Cons

Pushy salespeople, bad experience with sales and billing staff, expensive. Took 6 months to integrate billing software with clearinghouse, poor follow up with customer service regarding this process!!!!

MW

Michelle W.

Great EHR

Pros

It's so easy to use even if you are not tech savvy. Almost any feature is self-explanatory and easy to teach yourself.

Cons

You have to save the name of new patients before going to another screen to get their phone and email. If you don't save it (and it takes you back to the appointment when you do, so it's more time-consuming) you have to start over after gathering the information from the other page.

SS

Steve S.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Just finished my first year with Drchrono and feel that the apprehension is lifting.

I bought into the whole program. EMR and billing. Good communication and weekly meetings with representative.

Pros

Ipad format has become a very helpful addition to my office. The mobility factor alone to avoid bulky laptops and computers is great. I have 3 different locations and rely on the internet for access. No problems so far.

Cons

Some of my patients reluctant to work with the billing service because they detect a language barrier.

DT

Dustin T.

Highly Customizable

Pros

you can design the drchrono system to exactly match your practice...which is fantastic! Also, billing is very easy with the chrono system.

Cons

online booking needs to be more customizable. price is kinda high to pay per month. eob's don't always post correctly.

CM

Chaplain Mark O.

Medical Practice, self-employed

Dr. Chrono is a good value for a large company.

Dr. Chrono is a good value for a large company. However, for a one person office like myself, it's not worth the money. There are many aspects of the product I simply don't use.

Pros

It has many good uses example the prescription ability to send it right from my office. The information on patient is incredible,

Cons

There is probably more things in the program that I as a small office won't use, But a large company will. The problem is that you can't separate them

NR

Natalia R.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Do Not chose!

I am very unsatisfied by the quality and responsiveness of your customer service, hence reason for termination. Basically, Dr Chrono has no customer service. Its handled by auto generated scripts and it only gets to a live person via email, not a phone call, when the problem is out of hands and escalated by an irate consumer. For that one year of service I had, i probably had 7 account managers, who change without notice.. The Lab Integration part took you about 6 month to install, feature that I was paying for from the very beginning.

Pros

Easy to read and write notes, many promises in the beginning that were never delivered.

Cons

Poor onboarding process. Incompetent staff, unauthorised billing, security breach, non- existent customer service.

eric w.

I have had a good experience with drchrono.

Pros

the detailed reports for patient demographics and billing. i like that it is an all in one practice solution.

Cons

the customer support is sometimes difficult to use. I would prefer to have phone support as it is difficult to communicate at times.

CD

Cameron D.

Drchrono

Excellent

Pros

Easy to use , practical, made for private practice

Cons

Accessibility of customer support or ease of making changes to accommodate practice