EpicCare EMR

Modular, cloud-based ambulatory EMR software

EpicCare EMR Reviews - Page 2

Epic Review

Overall, I like Epic and think that it makes ordering and charting things easy when you make them into pre-programmed lists.

Pros

I like that you are easily able to chart on patients, you can make preset templates for charting and can preset order sets, and you are able to do everything electronically, including connecting to the PACs system and requesting documentation from other companies. You are also able to switch between inpatient and outpatient settings easily. Dragon is very compatible with this system.

Cons

I dislike that the EPIC system can vary depending on different healthcare setups, and can cost a lot. Epic can also take a while to catch on to, depending on how well you know computers. Finally, it can sometimes be hard to find different patients and patient lists on the inpatient systems if your healthcare system is large.

Generational program

It has been a great system to bring the organization together. The access to see outside medical records, office visits, Ed visits and other testing is helpful in treating the patient as a whole.

Pros

The ease of maneuvering throughout the system. With little education the program was self explanatory. When working in the hospital the different aspects, like the banner help to quickly analyze the patient at hand.

Cons

Certain features throughout different organizations allow for a very general physical assessment. The option available is no change or normal. Example: a person’s normal HR could be a-fib but the option to chose regularly irregular would be considered the normal for the patient. What is needed for any change would be to document the actual sound. Also the charting by exception makes it difficult for other disciplines to know what is really going on.

Excellent and Gets the Job Done

Overall Epic is great and provides a full suite of tools for a healthcare organization.

Pros

I like how Epic has a full suite of good software for healthcare organizations. I would say most Epic tools are good and are not too complicated. Billing and coding can be done easily compared to other systems. The defer feature is a great feature that is missing in other rival software. This is especially useful for a biller who needs to ask providers questions before taking action.

Cons

Some of the biggest issues I have with Epic is that the interface looks a bit dated. There is also a lot of variation between how different users interact with Epic. I often had to talk to doctors and nurses in order to help them out. Unfortunately we were never able to help each other out because Epic worked completely differently for different users.

EPIC user

Overall, I am happy with EPIC. It made my life much easier then when I had to deal with the paper charts.

Pros

The organization I work at was one of the first organizations that started using EPIC when It became available. The best part of EPIC is that one can easily find all necessary information about a patient. Everything is there, labs, radiology reports, medical professionals notes, immunizations, referrals, etc. EPIC is easy to navigate, once one learns the navigation process and EPIC features.

Cons

There are too many features to remember. Many features and short cuts are hidden and almost impossible to find. When EPIC upgrades come, some of the upgrades are totally useless and unnecessary, like for examples, enhanced colors and little icons. Sometimes there are too many steps and clicks to get form point A to point B.

National Leader in EMR

Fantastic - I would choose this EMR over every other one I've worked with!

Pros

It is intuitive, easy to use, easy to teach new staff members, and the support has been stellar. Epic is a national, if not worldwide leader in EMR implementation. Their product is superior to other EMR products in use.

Cons

Some functionality is not obvious and when shared over several campuses, sometimes one campus will obtain the knowledge and it is not shared through the enterprise. This is certainly an enterprise issue, but Epic could send information blasts that help users learn the smaller details of the system, to be shared with all users, to take full advantage of the amazing product

The Biggest Tool Used in Healthcare Today!

My overall experience with EPIC has been good after I learned how to use it. While it's definitely not the easiest tool in the world to use, it's without a doubt highly advanced and still great.

Pros

What I really like about EPIC is truly how popular it has become and the way it has become a standardized part of healthcare. Almost every medical facility and hospital use this for patient management and what I really like are that because it's so popular, I can learn EPIC and can expect to continue to use this regardless of which healthcare facility I work in or am I a part of.

Cons

What I dislike about EPIC is that it is definitely not simple to use and there is a lot of learning required. In fact, it is somewhat intense and even required for me to attend multiple days of training sponsored by my workplace to learn how to use this.

Oh so easy to use

Pros

Being both a builder and a user of several ehrs I do believe that this product is is very user-friendly. I am in a nurse informaticist. And the features and functionality available truly help arcare providers be able to care for and document the care they give.

Cons

I do believe there are several kinds and maybe it's just with what has happened within our organization but there is an ability to have too many variations in documentation which leads to discrepancy. Additionally from what I understand from the AC and am there is not a good way to search for these discrepancies in the system once they are built. The AC and am's that are sent to support future go lives as in our instance where we added on 14 new hospitals they did not have the level of experience to support our organization.

Long time user/adminstrator

Pros

Epic offers endless features for end users. The system is excellent in preventing medical errors, ease of documentation, and overall efficient patient care.

Cons

Frequent, sometimes unnecessary, updates to the software. Difficult to elicit information from the organization sometimes

EPIC is one of the most popular EMR systems in Cincinnati.

Pros

EPIC is the system that the majority of hospitals and healthcare facilities use in our city. This is EXTREMELY beneficial because when we have patients that go to more than one site, the other site can access the patient's medical history and receive very important information. The electronic system allows for providers to communicate with each other without actually being on the phone or in person, and it allows for the providers to access records from multiple sites. This is very important for our organization because our providers serve patients at multiple locations.

Cons

This system has made communication easier for administration, providers, and other healthcare professionals so I have no complaints about EPIC.

Epic EMR

I truly enjoy working with this software. It is a really good and easy software to use it’s user-friendly and has a lot of features and customization which we use at my hospital.

Pros

I use epic to review charts and I also use it as a billing software. We are extremely pleased with how efficient this product is. I have worked with a lot of EMR softwares in the last 10 years and epic is my favorite one. It is efficient, cohesive and has great features like the warnings when something is wrong with a claim.

Cons

There’s a bit too much information when looking at billing accounts if it could be streamlined a bit better it would make things easier to review. But I believe this will be updated with the new version we are about to get.

I am looking forward to having improved Epic version

Please see above

Pros

Its connected to the medical records/test results done in other places through care everywhere and crisp. It's EMR-much much better and safer than hand written medical records.

Cons

It is not connected to JH ambra images and report. Too many icons/tabs on the page, and it is difficult to navigate. Call center messages under In-Basket messages; very difficult to see who is writing what in a chronological order. I rather would like the option deleted. I can't review the patients' charts with Haiku. Once "documentation" is open by mistake, I have to type in "opened by error" or something similar (which gets recorded permanently unnecessarily), otherwise, it remains under my In basket messages as incomplete chart for good.

Epic EMR Review

Overall, my favorite EMR system. I have no complaints about it and everyone loves it.

Pros

I LOVE Epic. In fact, everyone in my hospital loves Epic and we are actually shifting towards this system very soon. The reason is because there's less unnecessary clicking. Doctors HATE clicking. When you are in clinic with a patient, you want to write a note as quickly as you can because the focus is on the patient, not the computer. Epic minimizes that by organizing everything in a logical order (the tabs are great), and making the note itself like a "Word" document where you can free-text. Prescribing is a breeze and the tech support is excellent.

Cons

Some functions can be difficult to find and training takes two days at our hospital.

Organized Overview for Patient Care

Pros

This software allows medical professionals to easily track and access patient's charts. They have made multiple improvements since first being launched that have aided in the ease of this software. The patient's charts are broken down into various tabs that allows the provider to easily target what information they are looking for instead of skimming through the entire chart. The user also has the ability to make some changes to their page to allow for an even easier use.

Cons

The updates on this software occasionally seemed unnecessary while other day-to-day changes were needed first. All updates were eventually addressed, it just seems like priority of changes was skewed.

Epic for medical use

I use this system everyday at work in a medical clinic. I work in the lab so I have my own sub category within the system, but I can still view the other schedules which makes my job a lot easier; rather than run around trying to find information, I can access it from my computer. I have a tab to see what labs a patient has had and I can look up their previous encounters (even telephone ones) to see what they were told to have drawn if their labs weren't ordered.

Pros

It's easy to use and as I learn more about it, it becomes even easier. For instance, there are multiple ways to access the same things, I find the redundancy makes for quick shortcut access. I also like that I can message people within the system which comes in handy.

Cons

Well I hadn't given it much thought until now, but maybe just the parts I don't have access to. Because I like the system and learning about it, it's a bummer when I can't access bits of a chart, but I know it's for security and confidentially, which is totally necessary. In reality, parts I can't access I don't need and I understand that. I don't have any real complaints about the system.

The best electronic medical records software available

Just an A+ overall!

Pros

I have worked with several different electronic medical record resources through my educational career, but this one champions all the rest. It has an excellent, user friendly interface. It is easy to learn and keeps track of what you do and helps you make daily work and tasks easier. It makes medical practice a joy and the charting and orders writing a breeze. It is a must have for all major medical institutes.

Cons

I honestly just don’t have any complaints with this software. It has only made my patient care better. But if there is anything I’d have to say is that it has a lot of power and it can take some time to learn how to use it to its fullest capacity.

The best EMR, bar none

I've been using EPIC for several years now as a medical scribe. It is, by far, the best EMR software of any that I've used. If cost is not an issue, I would highly recommend it.

Pros

EPIC is extremely powerful from a clinician's standpoint. Notewriting is quick and easy, orders are easy to place, and there are shortcuts for everything, cutting down the time it takes to write notes considerably. In addition, EPIC links to other organizations that use EPIC, making it much easier to acquire outside records.

Cons

It's completely dependent on a working internet connection. If your internet connection goes down while you're using EPIC, you'll have issues with doing anything.

The Title Says It All: EPIC

I love the layout, the cost is astronomical, but the payoff for simplicity is even higher!

Pros

The EHR system Epic is not only one of the most diverse, but also among the most comprehensive EMR systems I've worked with to date. As an analyst, I help to build this system to custom fit for my health network, which is very easy, and made easier by the support we get from the Epic system itself!

Cons

Price point is always a touchy subject with Epic. You really need to be able to afford it while getting the accommodations to meets your systems' requirements. The biggest con is that Epic relies on you going to their standard format, meaning less customization.

Comprehensive healthcare record

It has been good. Like any software there is a learning curve, but once you are comfortable with it the features make day to day activities very simple.

Pros

Epic is very comprehensive and provides everyone at the hospital with all the necessary tools and features to perform their job. They are also always trying to find ways to upgrade the program and make processes more streamlined.

Cons

Every time the system gets upgraded, it seems that there are features that no longer work. After notifying IT it takes a few days for the features to get back up and running, but it is inconvenient to have to find work arounds for the time.

Soon, it will diagnose patients for you

Epic has one of the best EMR solutions on the market. It integrates well, with various authentication systems, has superb patient portals (usually entitled "MyChart") and has a great on-site support staff at launch. For people who learned medicine the "old" way using Latin-based terms like "NPO" and "PRN" this software is fantastic as it quickly converts it into "layman" language when documenting an...

Pros

Work with Latin-based terminology and quick codes or standard non-Latin wording

Cons

Very difficult to port to it from another EMR or to leave it.

Epic EMR review!

Overall, Epic is the best EMR I've use to date and would love to see it used in more hospital settings.

Pros

I have seen both the business and user side of Epic. As a CNA, and nursing student, I have been using Epic for sometime. I love it. As someone who has also used other EMR services, I can say with confidence that Epic Systems is by far the easiest and most customizable. It does take time to navigate, but all EMR services do. Epic has great support, its easy to use, and has great customizable ability.

Cons

EpicCare EMR is pricey. A lot of hospitals don't use Epic for that exact reason. However, it is well worth the price.

Helpful platform that makes coordination of care easier

Pros

This software has a format that is rather straightforward with the new layout with tab sections for the clinician interface. Its is also to keep a track of clinical work that needs to be completed. Care everywhere function has helped so much with coordination of care and continuity. It has been instrumental in providing improved care. There is also an inpatient version that my institution will be great for my institution when implement as there will be seamless uniformity between outpatient and inpatient.

Cons

I would like to for EPIC to develop additional ways that clinicians to develop their own unique smartphases based on their speciality. It seems cumbersome at this time. Any additional ways to improve clinical efficacy will be help

Amazing EMR with incredible functionality, if you know where to look

Pros

Epic is intense--it can house nearly any data point you want to throw at it. The capacity of information in the charts is wonderful. The best feature, I think, is the depth of the "dot phrases," they cut your note taking time into a fraction. The customer support is wonderful, quick, helpful and efficient. We are big proponents for Epic and the pros certainly outweigh the cons.

Cons

Epic is a great tool but it's not always easy find what you're looking for--you need to be in the right "context" and working through the chart in a specific way to find certain things.

Epic helpful EMR for hospital setting

Pros

First EMR used since implementation due to ACA. Easy to click various aspects used during documentation. Billing easy and customizable. Like the empty fields available for free text as well as types of check boxes. Copy/paste for evaluations/re-evaluations helpful to see progress. Easy to navigate between multiple parts of patient records to see whole picture.

Cons

Template set. Unable to modify much for personal preference. Template thorough which means long making it more time consuming to navigate and document with.

EPIC is Beneficial

I used EpicCare EMR daily in patient care and management. It provides me a way to follow my patients accurately and with up to date information.

Pros

EPIC is great for documentation and order management. The ability to create smart phrases and texts create a more efficient clinical environment. Patient safety is enhanced with multiple prompts when placing orders.

Cons

It can be difficult to change an order and often I will need to cancel an order and replace it. It's difficult to view scanned media as it will close when you try to compare it to charted data.

Epic EMR for everyday use

I have used Epic on both the clinical side and admin side. There are so many reports that are available to help quality control, business management, and patient care.

Pros

There are so many features and shortcuts within Epic. I really like and utilize all of keyboard shortcuts to navigate between the clinical schedule, registration tab, and orders screens.

Cons

Wish that it would allow you to keep more than 4 open patients at a time. Don't need unlimited, or even think that would be a good idea for that matter, however I think adding a few would be a great addition.