EpicCare EMR

Modular, cloud-based ambulatory EMR software

EpicCare EMR Reviews - Page 3

Great product for medical charting!

I would love to use this program again! I wish my current setting used it.

Pros

I used this product for two years at a hospital setting. This product was great because it held provider accountable for finishing their notes prior to billing. It also allowed the option to create templates which can speed up the process of charting. This product is used across several hospital settings, so it was easy to share information with other providers. Seemed to be conducive to different types of providers as well.

Cons

Not a lot of complaints of this software. It does look a bit dated. I was not responsible for payment or accessing customer support, so I can't speak to those components.

The Best EMR Option Right Now

Pros

EPIC is not an easy piece of software to use, learn, or train on but once you get into it and use it you will find it does everything you need. In just a few hours most end users will be up and running with minimal issues with normal day to day use.

Cons

This software is expensive and requires a knowledgeable IT staff and powerful infrastructure hardware. If you are a smaller facility you may want to look for another option, but EPIC is a fantastic solution for almost every healthcare provider out there.

Industry Leader

I have used Epic for years and I would not prefer to use another EHR. Though there are some cumbersome elements to the software, it is by far the most powerful and robust system out there.

Pros

Epic has a plethora of reports and dashboards that are invaluable for tracking quality and key performance metrics.

Cons

For a number of functions, Epic has multiple ways for users to complete a particular task. This can be confusing from a training and operations perspective (e.g. "I was told to do it differently," "My provider prefers it a different way").

EpicCare is Great!

Pros

I've been using EpicCare for four years. I love it. It is widely used in the state I work. It is very easy to use, and they are always updating. Epic now makes it easy to connect health EMRs throughout different hospitals and clinics.

Cons

Sometimes this software is difficult to start on computers. I will be in a patient's room and Epic won't start or it will take a long time. This gets very frustrating when I need to log into the chart to give patient meds or look something up in the room.

EPIC review

It is an efficient EMR that allows some communication between different health systems. However, the phone app and IPAD app are rudimentary and need improvements to make them useful.

Pros

It has an excellent portal for patients to correspond with physicians, as well as obtain their lab results and make appointments.

Cons

It is not always organized in the most logical way. The different key buttons show up in different places, depending on what screen you are using. There is no way to notify a patient you are out of the office.

Efficient and user friendly

Epic organizes my schedule and patient demographic information. I wish that my organization would also use it for medical charting but we use another product for that.

Pros

Epic offers a simple, intuitive, and visually appealing user interface. It organizes an abundance of information in an accessible manner.

Cons

It can be unclear at times what features are available to me, as opposed to what are restricted/only available to administrative staff (e.g., who can schedule on my patient schedule).

Great System- Should Be The ONLY EMR Allowed in a Healthcare Facility

Overall, EPIC has been great. A few crashes here and there but nothing that was not acknowledged or resolved. Great Software.

Pros

I love all of the features that can be tailored to your specific workflow and the option to personalize your work space.

Cons

I don't like how some of the things I need are not easily accessible- flow sheets for patients seem a little hard to navigate through and will not automatically display the previous days ( I am in a flow-sheet to see a flow, not what I have learned today).

EPIC in-patient and ED review

Pros

I like the ease of the flow sheets. I feel like it’s easy to review results. The MAR is very easy to read and is color coded to make it even easier to use.

Cons

I feel like it’s somewhat difficult to review orders. There is Manage Orders as well as Order History, which is sometimes difficult to see the full order and how it was entered. I would also like to see a TAR (treatment administration record). A TAR would allow better visibility for treatments such as wound care or skin care.

Good for impatient applications but more difficult to apply to outpatient.

Pros

Easy to set up templates. Documentation can take a while without setting up templates. For MD and nursing staff the program has useful information for point and click type documentation. Communication between providers, staff, and patients can be set up easily.

Cons

Is not a good program for rehabilitation facilities. Templates make it easier but for ease of scheduling, analytics for business operations, and documentation it is not a good fit for outpatient settings.

Learning a New System

I don’t have much experience yet with EpicCare EMR as I am just starting to learn the software. I do find that it has similarities to software we currently use that I am familiar with and that has been a huge benefit in learning EpicCare. I think with continued work in the test or practice environments it won’t be too terribly difficult to learn.

Pros

I really like that you can pretty much build any type of report you could want or need. I also like that you can customize reports to fit exactly what you are looking for.

Cons

So far what I like least about this software is that it’s a bit cumbersome to navigate through. You do have to have a bit of software knowledge in order to navigate through it.

Third Party User

We find the product very useful in saving time on the phone checking patient status and it also enables us to get prior test results and medical records that are pertinent to a patients care,

Pros

Software is used by the hospital our physicians deliver out of. It is very easy to monitor our patients progress through the hospital and report back to our physicians.

Cons

It would be great to have the patients delivery summaries and operative reports populate directly into our office software.

Best EMR and Healthcare Software

EPIC is the best EMR software I have used and switching to EPIC helped bring out clinic to the next level.

Pros

EPIC made it possible for us to join other large healthcare systems and access records from other clinics, boosting the clinic's efficiency allowing us to better serve patients. The scheduling and charting features were superior to other healthcare software.

Cons

It took a full day to train to use it properly but the training is incredibly helpful.

Useful but not Inter-operative

Positive, well thought out program, IF, your company / Office / Organization is ONLY using THIS program.

Pros

The ease of windows, cutting and pasting notes, and printing to a network printer.

Cons

When using multiple peices of software, the company A) Requires a bunch of price increases to make this possible, B) is VERY glitchy, has lots of stops/starts, buggs, and too many "Security" requirements that take too much of a users time. THey also aren't very security-minded.

EPIC

Very user friendly, I really like that you can customize the look.

Pros

I really liked that it was easy to navigate and easy to find what I need for my patients. I like that you have to enter in certain information in order to move forward. The hard stops will make you more sufficient

Cons

I'll have to say that there's nothing that I didn't really like about it. But if I had to provide a con it'll be that it sometimes hard to see radiology images.

Epic

Over all this is an excellent software for clinic or hospital based healthcare organizations.

Pros

Epic is easy to use once learned. Epic is adaptable to multi specialties. Also, epic is simple for the patient to use the health portal and easy to transfer patient information across healthcare systems.

Cons

The learning curve is extensive. Also, the multiple screens to obtain patient information or perform a task such as order sets is time consuming.

Ease to use once you learn how

Pros

Use this EMR in hospital rounding on and caring for post surgical patients. The ability to set up your own macros makes recurring notes/admission/orders easy. Also nice to be able to customize your own home page with only items you find necessary. It can be used remotely as well which makes finishing up work in the office easy.

Cons

Fairly big learning curve. Hopefully the customer support will help with everything regarding customizing your homepage. Even after attending training class, it took extra time the first few times rounding with this EMR.

So Many Features

I'm very happy with Epic. I'm glad this was the first program I've learned how to use in the healthcare industry. It makes communicating with patients, providers, and other office staff a breeze.

Pros

Learning to use Epic was not nearly as difficult as I thought it might be. I watched some coworkers use the program when I was first hired and it seemed a bit complicated - like there were too many options. However, after taking a couple classes, it became very easy to use and I very rarely have issues with the program. It's so versatile and that makes it a great program for healthcare.

Cons

Once in a while the program "glitches" a bit and I have to close it and re-open it, but this only happens maybe once every few months.

Hospital swear by!

This software is helping my team organized and store valuable info that are within guidelines of HIPPA

Pros

This software is amazing! ..fun easy ways to find and store patient information.This software teaches and guide you through making it easier to locate patients and view charts.

Cons

It updates regularly which is not a bad thing but it also puts you behind in charting when the system is upgrading.

Good, could be great.

Getting x-ray and lab reports from other facilities is extremely valuable.

Pros

Many functions, in fact, much of the capabilities go mostly unused or unknown for general users. The "Care everywhere" feature is amazing. Instant access to outside facility notes and reports is a game changer for quality of care.

Cons

Can be somewhat frustrating when wanted features are unavailable while less useful features abound.

Decent product

Good. The training was helpful, but the hands on use was much more beneficial. Most of the support people that came to support during go live were great.

Pros

The Care everywhere section is great. .Last phrases and ability to create ordersets and note templates are nice.

Cons

the customizable views are tricky in that you don't really know that its an option to create that customizable view because not all features are laid out. The encounters are difficult to navigate at times with many clicks of the mouse needed to open up an encounter for a patient I'm not currently working with inpatient.

Epic for medical management of patients

I would recommend if hospital or practice care would permit

Pros

Full access of all parameteres and clinical data (outpatients , inpatients, past encounters, medication) for a really cohomprensive insight at a glane and at a finger touch

Cons

If anything, too many function and degree of complexity for advance features that you can ignore but gives a feeling like you are missing something and not using at its full potenitality Cost

EPIC IS AMAZING

My overall experience is great- I wish I could still be working on and learning EPIC as an informatics graduate- but I'm working in CareLogic at the moment.

Pros

EPIC is complex but a good kind of complex. The system can do many things. I like that if one staff member is in a chart- it locks another out until they are no longer in the chart. This is very good. I like that it's easy to merge duplicate clients. The system is wonderful and easy to learn. Downtime procedures are simple once learned. :)

Cons

I don't not like anything about it. The system is great for all roles.

always something to learn about the system

Easy of use; standard software across multiple hospital systems

Pros

Ease of use/user friendly; scheduling and charting system in one program; linked to MyChart as well; a number of other hospitals use Epic which makes getting pt information across systems easier

Cons

Since there is 10 different ways to do anything in Epic it can be hard to train/cross train someone because they might have been taught differently.

Top of the line

Pros

EPIC has been one of the best EMR systems I've used and meets the needs of each role I've encountered within the hospital. Reporting, reviewing charts, looking up information, etc. has all been extremely easy to use and saves a lot of time by having everything readily available.

Cons

Sometimes the reports don't run and I have to log out and log back into EPIC for the feed to refresh.

Overall Well Functioning EMR

Easier to use compared to other EMR systems.

Pros

Easy to set smart phrases and less clicking than some other EMR I have used. Good flow and customizable. Speed is pretty good, and usually don't have to wait on pages to load.

Cons

Entry for medical history could be better and easier to change and update. Personal notepad function should be larger and customizable in size! This would allow much more functionality.