EpicCare EMR

Modular, cloud-based ambulatory EMR software

EpicCare EMR Reviews - Page 5

As a patient, Epic is the best thing that has happened to medical care communication.

Epic/MyChart organizes my family's medical documents all in one place. its great.

Pros

I can ask questions of my doctors. I can look up my data and dates. I can review old visits. I can make appointments. I can request refills or review prescriptions. It's the medical documents I SHOULD be hanging on to, but all organized for me.

Cons

It's really well done. If pressed, I would like the ability to message doctors with whom I've not visited in over two years. Perhaps that is a limitation set up by my provider but that's annoying that I can't message a doctor from several years ago.

EpicCare is great!

Pros

I love the accessability ! This program is used all througout the clinics and hospitals and its so easy and convienent, perfectly effecient!

Cons

No cons for me, I absolutely love this program. We have been using it for years and its still great!

use of EpicCare for home care therapy

The good thing about EPIC within home care is that it's a relatively new system and the epic team is open to suggestions and have actually implemented changes that we have suggested. They are good to work with.

Pros

if you work in a large system, this product is great.I love that I can follow a patient's care from acute care to rehab, to home care. Cuts down on extra phone calls when I can find the things I need within the chart online.

Cons

Charting by exception is difficult for me as I don't want to miss anything when I'm charting. There are important things that one may not be prompted to complete

a physical therapy inpatient user

Pros

It interconnects well with multiple disciplines in a big hospital environment including physicians , nurses and rehab staff.

Cons

It is very time consuming to write physical therapy notes and not much room for free writing and comments.

Easy to navigate

I use it everyday, and will continue to do so. Overall I enjoy working in this product!

Pros

It has a ton of click through functionality, it is easy to understand and has SO much packed into it

Cons

The reports are difficult and repetitive. You constantly have to re enter the information you are searching for, and in terms of anticipated user results there is none of that.

Great software for Healthcare

Pros

Very efficient. User friendly. Easy to navigate. Makes patient charting easy.

Cons

I feel like there should be some shortcuts and improvements that would make it even more user friendly.

Easy, Intuitive, and Accessible!

Pros

I like being able to easily see records from other facilities through epic.

Cons

Not being able to print multiple labels for patients/types of samples on one screen. Ex: scan all specimens, print all at once.

RN Review

I really overall enjoy using epic and am thankful our company switched to this program.

Pros

Epic has streamlined patient care within our health organization and it has made it so functional and accessible to get patient records from various facilities. I really enjoy using Epic at work.

Cons

There are multiple ways to do one function in the program, which is confusing at times.

BEST EMR

9+ years using Epic EMR

Pros

Improvements made over time. The in patient module is fantastic for documenting.

Cons

It's BIG & bulky. Lots of options to document upon just finding them is a task but worth the effort

Epic

Pros

I think it is a very easy EMRT system and is always evolving

Cons

reports are hard to pull sometimes and it takes a lot of jumping through hoops to get what data we need

Works great, when you know how to use it

Pros

Epic provides multiple features that many medical record software does not. It creates a record for medical providers to easily access. Epic does allow for multiple uses across hospital systems.

Cons

It has so many features that it can be difficult to navigate. Shortcuts can be created but are not easily accessed.

Epic System for Hospital

Pros

We used the system epic in our hospital and it was used for all departments. It was easy to train new employees and could track insurance and each visit on the system.

Cons

There weren't a lot of cons using this EMR system, it was great for the hospital. The one thing it lacked in was the slow customer service when issues did arise.

Greatly improved our records!

Pros

The ability to customize is great. My view can be customized to use only the things I need.

Cons

There are so many things I don't use because I don't know know about them.

Successful Program

I would recommend Epic to another business in the same industry or field as myself. I feel like this is a much needed app that has proven to be successful in the medical industry.

Pros

I work for an emergency answering service so Epic comes in handling when dealing with billing, medical records or appointment setting. I was able to catch on quickly and move through the application with ease.

Cons

I wouldn’t argue that there are any downfalls to this app that I have encountered thus far.

EPIC

Over one of my favorite programs

Pros

Very user friendly lo loved how out could be personalized to what I needed. This has been the easiest program to learn

Cons

Health maintenance options could be better, and easier to see and mark as complete. Also out would be easier if when you marked something gas a preference it wouldn't add a copy to the main menu

Awesome software !

Data colected and easy accesible on different platform makes this a great tool for everyoane. Clinicians , physicians and patients.

Pros

I do like that can sink in lots of info . Is easy to use , however it is really hard to implement . Lots of data to enter , After implementation can make magic for employees clinicians and patients .

Cons

The hard part was the implementation of this software ! after the entire sotware is awesome . Lots of support given for implenentation at loma linda medical center .

Epic Review

we are using epic to do referrals for the local hospital and to pull orders. and we use epic exact science to order our cologuards. but epic is just a messy emr!

Pros

We use Epic here for our Exact Lab orders, and we use the Epic software to login to local hospitals for referrals or records. We don't own this product, we are just users of this product. There is not really anything I like Most about this software

Cons

The least thing that is not likable about this software is how it ties everything into continuation. For instance is you need to print an xray report you have to print literally the entire record as it seems to always pick up where you left off, if you are seen on one day and come back in two weeks they just pick up where they left off so the notes are just confusing, what visit went with what. I don't like that at all about Epic

Decent EHR, lots of features and customizations, but not very easy to learn

Generally a good piece of software but difficult to learn.

Pros

Works well and has lots of features. It has a decent design. Very comprehensive as well. Easy to personalize/customize.

Cons

Has a steep learning curve in my opinion. Sometimes performing actions can be cumbersome (lots of clicking) or trying to find something specific is not intuitive.

Epic EMR review

Very good

Pros

User friendly Many reporting features Minimal "clicks" with each upgrade

Cons

Some external testing devices do not interface

Care for All

Pros

The ability to share mutual patient info

Cons

It can be difficult to find appropriate training for new staff coming into an established EPIC environment.

Very flexible

Very positive, good emr.

Pros

Epic is the best emr I have used. The search feature is a life saver.

Cons

Often has many clicks required to do simple tasks.

This software helps to deliver medical records efficiently.

I love this software.

Pros

I like how easy to use it is to deliver medical records. Also it has many different features for all parties in the patient chart to work coherently.

Cons

Some functions can be difficult to find and training on this system can be a bit tedious but we'll worth it, once you learn it.

Best EMR system i have used

Pros

I like how easy it was to learn and how there there are so many functions

Cons

I wish i was able to access this software on my personal computer

Innovation

Over all epic is very easy to use and it could only get better from here

Pros

I love epic because it easy and user friendly

Cons

The least thing I like about epic is it should automatically know if a code requires and authorization or not. Or it should be listed on RTE or the response histoy

The best electronic health record

Pros

Very easy to navigate . Easy to read order and lab results

Cons

Being able to leave notes for doctor and nurses