Epitomax

Web-based electronic health records management solution

Epitomax Reviews

Pros

I like the ease of use, the fantastic support group, and the great reports. We were able to integrate our existing forms.

Donna V.

I would highly recommend this software for small and larger practices based on functionality/feature set, ability to scale with a growing business, and outstanding customer support.

Wendy R.

We are solving the coordination of clinical care and clerical care for our client. Epitomax has been very helpful in organizing and providing forms for our clinicians to meet the stardards for care.

Jayme L.

Jackie J.

Very frustrated using this software. Software problems appears that they are never resolved.

laura m.

Melissa R.

4.1

Converting to electronic medical records with Epitomax worked really well for our non-profit.

Timely and all needed staff access to client information and treatment documentation electronically and in a online system that can be accessed at any time and any location. Ability to run reports for data enriched analysis of our programs and services, staff productivity, quality assurance, etc.

Pros

The feature in Epitomax I appreciate the most is the ability to customize clinical forms and treatment plans. At any time, our clinical team can add or delete individualized treatment plan goals and objectives. The system is not static, but set up as dynamic to change and evolve with our changing needs. We are highly pleased with the individual therapy progress note that was developed for us personally by the Epitomax forms team during our set up time. It is an elegant, use to ease form that meets all documentation requirements and serves us well!

Cons

On occasion, functionality in the system is compromised. If the software fails, it is most likely to send a user back to the log in screen when the user hits the update button on a form to save information written. Even though it doesn't happen too often, losing data and having to type what was lost back in is a great staff frustration and loses us time.

Hi Jeanne, We value your feedback, thank you! Any time you have an issue, please contact your account manager and/or support so that we can assist. There are adjustments we can make to your configuration, such as making your auto-save interval smaller, that could resolve the issue depending on what is causing it. We can help your network team debug any local network issues you may be experiencing as well. Best Regards, Jennifer

Function over form - does what you need but doesn't look super sexy

I work at a counseling center. Previous to using this program we had two separate databases - one for writing required paperwork and the other for scheduling. We also had tons of excel documents and various tracking mechanisms that we had to do by hand because we had two separate systems that didn't communicate with each other. Epitomax made it so that we could do everything in one place - scheduling,...

Pros

It does everything you need! You can schedule appointments, do paperwork electronically, creating billing from within the system. There are tracking mechanisms and a query tool so you can get stats and information you need to track different aspects of your business. It can also be customized to what you need.

Cons

The system is not very intuitive and it has some quirks. It does so many things, which is awesome, but that makes it somewhat tedious to get where you need to go and to get things set up in ways that accomplish what you need. The program doesn't do anything unless you "tell" it to (aka set up the programming or have Epitomax staff set it up). Some of those things Epitomax staff will do in the set up process for you, but if you're an expanding business you will need to continue to make adjustments as you grow and as needs expand. Once you grasp how the program works and have the basic set up in place, you should be fine, but it's a process and takes time and money to get it going.

Don't spend your money on this system

My overall experience with Epitomax has been nothing but negative. Work orders aren't done in a timely manner. We're still waiting for fixes that we've asked to be taken care of since day one of go live. Something simple like making sure we're in the correct time zone shouldn't be put on the back burner for four months. This system has caused so much anxiety for the people working in it. I'm convinced we've lost clients because of it. We had NO training from Epitomax on how to use the system to navigate it efficiently. Which in turn causes trouble for the people using it, which in turn reflects on us as an organization and turns people off from wanting to get services here.

Pros

The ease of having the record electronically versus needing to dig out a paper file.

Cons

There are so many things to dislike about this software it's hard to narrow it down. Printing out a document is a joke, there are about 10 pages to an assessment and most of that space is blank white paper. It's hard to find anything you're looking for except maybe an address. The scheduler is too hard to use. Information doesn't scrape over from one document to the next like it should. Information is way too scattered throughout the record. Basic information should be at your fingertips not hidden 10 clicks away. I've worked in many electronic medical records and this is by far the worst record I've ever had to use.

Hello Jackie, I would highly recommend you contact the Primary Contacts in your organization to further explore the issues you encounter in Epitomax when they occur. The Primary Contacts enter support tickets which drive our support of your organization and set priorities. Though Epitomax can be highly customized, unfortunately, we are not able to make every change that is requested of us. Forms issues...

Customer friendly and ready to help. Excellent uptime and very few issues with the EHR.

It has made life easier, especially during audits and medical record reviews. It has also automated a lot of systems we previously did manually.

Pros

Epitomax integrates with Dr. First which is very nice and saves our prescribers a lot of time. We were able to meet meaningful use stage 1 with some effort and it has always been a great system to run reports in for these types of endeavours. If we do not know what report to run we just ask the support team and they will either find the one that works or create a new one for us to use. I love that we can scan everything into the patient record and no longer having paper charts. It saves us time, money, and is cleaner when going to find old files instead of searching through them by hand. The people that work there are great we have never had any issues and would gladly recommend (and have) psytech solutions as a company to friends and colleagues of ours.

Cons

It could be more intuitive but I could say that about most software I use. Once you learn how the tabs and code tables work things are pretty easy to set up and change at will but in the beginning it can be a bit overwhelming how much you can do. For someone that came from paper it was a tough but worthwhile transition.

Thank you for the review Adam! Yes, the system is highly configurable, but I think you agree that it is well worth the effort. We will continue to work on streamlining the setup and training processes to make them more intuitive and efficient. Please let us know if you have any specific recommendations or anything you need!

Best EHR

Epitomax has helped us become fully electronic and no longer need paper records to support our electronic record. Epitomax has improved our reporting capabilities to help with agency management. It has reduced the number of billing systems we have to use from 2 to 1 and the number of support staff we need to complete the billing process to just 1.

Pros

I like that Epitomax is customizable. We are able to update features and work processes to fit our agency instead of changing our agency operations to fit the software. We were able to make all of our paper forms, electronic forms easing the transition from paper to electronic. Form development is quick and painless with the customer service team. The customization options on the billing end makes it easy to meet the billing requirements of all of our payers. The customization of user roles and access is also nice. If there is not a report built to return information you need, the customer service team can usually build you a query to return the needed information in 1-2 days.

Cons

User friendliness for end-point users is not the best. There is not a way to filter electronic forms to help find all of the ones that need completion.

I have been using Epitomax for over 3 years. I am a super user.

Pros

User friendly. I think customer service has been great and the ease of doing tickets has been positive. As a super user I like the ability that I can change some things under code table. Love that I can put almost everything into in Excel spreadsheet and extrapolate what I need. Looking forward to having the ability to have go to meetings to help us get to maximize our potential.

Cons

I wish I could write my own reports maybe write my own query. Sometimes I need something specific and a report may not have the column. I have learned I can ask for that column to be in the report but requires a ticket. It would be nice to have a blog. I still feel like there is so much to learn and we may be using antiquated ways for some things. Since we have been using it for 4 years a lot has changed and things may have not been set up for best use. It would be helpful to be able to consult reasonably to ensure we are utilizing it to its full potential. We tried to do the ID scan and it never ended up to be able to implement due to cost in the end.

Epitomax - Outstanding customer service and value for the cost -

The Children's Guild currently provides counseling and medication management to 750 children and their families in an outpatient mental health center and 60 schools. Mike Kreamer, the President of Epitomax was the first person that I spoke with and I was impressed with what he had to say from the start. He explained their philosophy in working with customers and shared that they approach implementation...

This reviewer only left a rating

Hope Services, LLC has been using Epitomax since November 2009. We are a Behavioral Health organization that provides a continuum of mental health services to children and families. Our services include facility-based, office-based and community-based services. In 2009 our company began the process of looking for an EHR due to the fact that we were acquiring another company which would significantly...

Has potential!

Overall, it is pretty good. Not much down time and the update and save with each page was a nice addition.

Pros

Customization of forms to suit needs. Would love more ability to customize forms on my own.

Cons

It is very difficult to get to the previous note of a patient. It literally takes 5+ clicks to get to that note. Other programs have the ability to copy the last note so you can edit it for the current note. Medications do not always populate correctly with DrFirst integration. It would be better if DrFirst was completely integrated without having to use another stand-alone system. The overall interface is not exactly user-friendly, either.

What Ease

Pros

I like that you have many options for information that you could possibly have for a potential client and endless places to store it.

Cons

It is a complicated system that could just be easily completed in two steps. Information is not carried over that could be and you are constantly double checking information and opening multiple tabs in order to transfer information that you wish the software would have done for you. This software is beginner version. The software is not client friendly for their portal they offer as well. Clients are constantly looking to try to complete forms that are given error messages that do not give them enough communication on what they did wrong. You need a full staff to sit with them to do the online forms, which defeats the purpose.

We would value the opportunity to meet with you and discuss your feedback. We would be happy to offer training and configuration on how to best utilize the different workflows in Epitomax to make the system easier for you to use. Since the review was written anonymously, we are unable to contact you. Please email mkreamer@psytechsolutions.net, and I will work to assist you. Best Regards, Mike.

Always had pretty good success with Epitomax

Can Bill my clients

Pros

Epitomax was simple to train to all of our staff. The functionality of it made it simple. Also the personal dedication and involvement by the owner to address any issues I had made me feel special. Excellent Customer Service by all. support team has always addressed any problem that I had professionally and in a timely manner.

Cons

The reports could be better. Some of them have been difficult to read and some of the Financial reports did not foot (add up) correctly. The fact that I had to make up things to put in this survey to tell you the Cons of Epitomax was certainly not what I bargained for when I decided to take this survey. By the way I also do not want the gift card because I don't need to be paid to tell you the good or the bad things about the product that I am using. I actually do understand the Purpose of a Survey.

I appreciate the customer support although sometimes I don't like the answer.

Pros

Easy to train new clinicians to enter documentation. Customer support especially for form development is outstanding. Also queries can be written to obtain data.

Cons

It has been more difficult from a billing perspective to sometimes get the program to do what we want. Sometimes I wish I could just pick up the phone to talk with someone. The Help desk works quickly although I sometimes struggle with writing my problem for their staff to understand and it takes two or three times to reach an understanding of our needs.

Hi Ruth, Thank you so much for writing a review! As always, please request a meeting whenever you need assistance by either entering a support ticket or emailing or calling us. We will be happy to help. Best Regards, Mike Kreamer

My Review, Oo Poopah Doo

Never thought I'd say this: give me back my paper file. At least I can find details quickly instead of searching through endless progress notes looking for some important information (how many kids did she say she had?)

Pros

Scheduler , monthly view. Review function for docs.

Cons

Navigating to find certain docs in a client's file. e.g. where is the referral page; finding other's notes and doc.'s docs. Confusing dates above columns of documents (generated, due, reviewed, creation, form date); entering diagnosis - the drop down menu is to fussy, it doesn't pull up relevant diagnoses even if you put in the entire name and number. Doesn't seem to conform to DSM 5. Adding, revising, updating docs. after signature is very cumbersome; we don't even try anymore, just wait for quarterly (which is 9 pages long.) Annual reviews use original document and it's hard to figure out how to add new material. Anything that has to be amended is confusing. No help menu, or ours is disabled. No warning when system has timed out.

Good Afternoon Michael! Thank you for your feedback! When looking for a diagnosis in the drop-down, please try using the '%' character as a substitution to look for a desired character string anywhere in the diagnosis description. For example, '%anxiety' will find all diagnoses with 'anxiety' anywhere in the description. For revising forms after signature, please review the How-to guide under Administration>Getting...

Customer Service is wonderful! I get quick responses to questions and access to a live person!

Pros

I love how I can use the system to collect outcomes data.! The data that I collect is able to be used to make projections for program improvement or program growth/development. I am able to have reports personalized for my agencies individual needs. I am able to measure clinical progress made by clients served. We use the system to track critical incidents and make treatment modifications based on trends/patterns and historical information.

Cons

There is so much more to the software that I don't know. I only wish I had more time to "play around" with it and try out new things.

Product Review

Overall I have enjoyed using epitomax. I have used sharenote in the past and it really was inconvenient.

Pros

I like that it is user friendly. It gives the user the ability to navigate with ease.

Cons

I didn’t like that sometimes options that was needed wasn’t available. I also didn’t like when I typed notes that I had to update and then press refresh. It was an extra step.

Good afternoon Brittany! I'm sure you have noticed by now, but there is no longer a need to refresh after update on the forms in your system as of 8/24/2018. Epitomax is now completing the refresh for you upon the completion of the update on the form. Please contact your Primary Contact regarding the options that are unavailable. If they cannot assist you directly, then they will enter a ticket and we will check into this further for you. Thank you! Jennifer Geiman, Director of Customer Success

Epitomax Review

Pros

All of our clients information is in one place, we don't have to have a different system for the client's information and to schedule an appointment.

Cons

Patient portal is not the most user friendly especially for people who are not comfortable for computers.

Good Afternoon Stefanie! Thank you for your feedback as it definitely helps to improve everyone's experience in Epitomax! If you have specific suggestions for improvements in the Patient Portal, we would love to hear them! Please contact your Primary Contact to enter a ticket to indicate your suggestions for improving our Patient Portal. Thank you! Jennifer Geiman, Director of Customer Success

I have used Epitomax for 5 years and the improvements have been very good.

Pros

The updates have made it easier to access each tab in the client's chart. Updates to the reports and how to access them have made it more efficient.

Cons

Sometimes it is slow and will freeze. We do have issues with sometimes being logged out when in the middle of typing an assessment etc.

Hi Susan, Thank you for writing a review! We were not aware of the issues that you mentioned here, and we would like to work with you to be sure that they are resolved. We can even assist your team in looking at your local network infrastructure to see if that could be where the issue resides. I will be in touch to follow up with you on this. Best Regards, Jennifer

Feature rich with excellent customer support

I would recommend this package to any organization contemplating an EMR package implementation. My recommendation is based on the flexibility of the software and on customer support. Psytech Solutions is a growing comnpany that places emphasis on turning out a high quality, stable product that meets the needs of a diverse provider base.

Pros

Epitomax is a comprehensive medical records/billing system that is a good fit for providers of all sizes who need to leverage technology to meet diverse billing requirements and move towards a completely electronic patient record. The software is feature rich and extremely flexible allowing customers to configure an implementation to meet almost every billing or service delivery demand. * Web based and does not require additional software to be installed on client PCs * Users can develop custom forms/reports to track organization specific data * Includes auditing features to improve the accuracy of claims and decrease the time to payment for services * Designed to accommodate electronic signatures * Available as an in house or hosted solution at a reasonable cost

Cons

The software is comprehensive enough to handle the majority of billing scenarios and this makes the initial configuration/implementation ciritial and comes with a learning curve. As with any EMR application implementation, an organization that chooses epitomax will need to devote the appropriate resources during implementation to ensure project success. Customer support provided by Psytech Solutions during and post implementation is exellent.

Epitomax Review

Epitomax has allowed our agency to combine our clinical and administrative work into one system allowing more stream lined functioning of tasks. In general Epitomax has greatly improved since we started though still in need of some improvements.

Pros

Ability to pull reports for administrative use, ease of scheduling, and ability to customize forms and functions for our purposes.

Cons

Patient Portal is extremely difficult to navigate. Signature function on all forms could be improved in both visual presentation and user ability.

This reviewer only left a rating

VisionQuest is a national youth services organization providing a wide array of residential, community-based and behavioral health services. Prior to implementing Epitomax about five years ago, we relied solely on in-house developed billing and client tracking systems that hindered our ability to provide the innovative service offerings that are key to our strategic plan. Providing a diverse set of...

therapist

Pros

different options available. there should NOT be the option to not continue if there is not enough good things to say. This is dishonest here in this section.

Cons

lots of software issues. VERY difficult to navitage around . Not user friendly. takes a long time to solve software issues. lots of hang ups in the dashboard section. Not a fan of this software at all. Worse software that I have ever worked with in this field.

Afternoon Laura! I am definitely hearing your frustration with our software and I'd like to see what we can do to rectify this. I'm only seeing a handful of open tickets with your organization, so I'm wondering if there are issues that have not been reported to us. I will check in with the primary contact for your organization to discuss the software issues that you mentioned so that we can properly...

Outstanding Flexibilty

As I stated earlier the people at Psytech Solutions are always available to meet my needs. Epitomax is not a "cookie cutter'' solution for may agency.

Pros

We have been able to adapt the software to our particular needs. If we need a specific report that isn't offered we can get it. I am continually surprised at how they are willing to modify to our needs.

Cons

I really can't think of anything that frustrates me right now.

Review for Epitomax

Our agency started out using the software for client records. It now utilizes the system for billing, payroll and runs reports to inform daily operations of the business.

Pros

I love that this software is internet based and can be easily accessed. I also like that individual employees can be given certain permissions and access.

Cons

The software works best on certain internet browsers than others.

Epitomax review

Pros

I enjoy my dashboard, its very helpful in keeping track of my due paperwork, and ever overdue paperwork.

Cons

There seems to be some glitches in different clinical forms.

This reviewer only left a rating

We are a Court-ordered counseling agency. We offer group counseling for offender, for substance abuse treatment and domestic violence treatment. We only recently started using the Epitomax system. First off, we currently use an old version of DOS programming, which although old, gets us where we need to be with client information and complying with ADHS. Now that we are starting to work with Epitomax,...