ICANotes Reviews - Page 2

Could Use More Features. Slow at times

ICAnotes can be slow to load at times and you see lags especially when billing. Missing the ability to void claims which would be great. Auto post on payments does not always flow well and can make record keeping confusing. Great software but could be better with some tweeks.

Pros

Charting is simple and flows well

Cons

Slow to respond Billing features lacking auto post is not consistent and does not post in an organized manner, making your accounting confusing.

Best thing I've done to improve my practice.

Pros

It has quick and accurate session notes. Many standard statements are pre-programmed onto buttons, and there are many customization options. The company has a real focus on customer service. They do a great job of advising customers if there are any performance or other problems. Customer communication is outstanding. I have increased my productivity by as much as two sessions per day in the time I save using this product.

Cons

Nothing. The product is easy to use, the interface is intuitive, and the support is outstanding.

Great Product

Fair price, great customer service and reliable platform. They are a company with many years of experience, I have been using their product since 2005 and it has only improved over the years.

Pros

Ease of use and availability on mobile devices

Cons

Sometimes it slows down

Death by 1000 clicks!

Lately I have been calling them every day for IT support and although it says I am first in line, nobody answers the phone. I also try to live chat at the same time and they will take over my computer run a "test" and say everything is fine. If it is so fine, why as soon as I resume use do the same problems occur?

Pros

When it works, it has good features that make charting faster and easier.

Cons

It has issues 5 out of 5 days a week. It is impossible to go directly to the chart room so that starts the day off totally wrong since that is where you are most likely to go to get your patient chart. Then when you can get the chart it decides when you can actually document in the chart . I wait a long time for a blue ring to stop going round and round and I also wait a really long time for something that says a find is in progress and processing inquiry. I get a coffee cup with steam several times a day as well and I have no idea what that icon means. Does mean, your patient will wait while you go get a coffee of coffee and we get this software working?

Works Really Well for What I Need

Pros

Works really well and does exactly what I need it to do. I used it to transcribe medical notes for an occupation health facility.

Cons

Worked well but it can be a bit slow sometimes. I can recall losing data, but I was ale to fully recover

User Friendly Great Customer Service

My experience has been extremely positive. I cannot recommend it enough.

Pros

It is user friendly and makes completing notes a breeze. The customer service and training is amazing. It is by far the best I have ever used. The teletherapy is smooth, portal is user friendly and effective. Forms can be customized. There is an extensive library of screening tools that can be used in session or sent to clients. I am amazed by the resources.

Cons

That I did not try it sooner. There is a learning curve. It appears a little antiquated. However they are in the process of an update that will resolve this issue.

Innovative, fast, and professsional way to create notes, treatment plans, and assessments

Despite internet delays, ICA Notes are professional looking documents that can be customized. It is also economic. It helps to practice on a fake client to learn the system but once you do (it took me about 10 times and trust me, I'm not computer savy). I can now do a progress note in about 3 minutes. Plus, there is no paperwork to worrry about losing.

Pros

I like how professional my documentation looks. I also like that I can add my personal touch and that I can there are screenings available to keep track of my client's progress.

Cons

Clearly written with the working psychiatrist in mind.

Support staff are always courteous, well informed, and thorough.

Pros

Provides confirmation that each office note is meeting criteria for CPT coding. Extremely helpful and supportive on-line help.

Cons

Slow to boot up, small font on screen. Inability of patients to select their appointments from your schedule

Long time user through multiple years

Much better than at least two other software programs I have had to use in doing Locum Tenens work. This enables me to not have to learn more cumbersome programs other than just enough to paste in the information. Also much better than using Word and pasting as much faster and data base format gives ability to study data more readily.

Pros

1. Customizable easily by adding buttons you name and put in content for one keystroke entry. 2. Available on line and can be used on any PC where you have access to internet. I don't know if a download for use is available. 3. Can be rented by the month and stopped with two weeks notice. 4. Prints out scripts in standard format. This can be modified. 5. Able to paste evaluation or progress note easily into other programs. 6. Good customer support. 7. You don't have to do multiple back ups and worry about data loss.

Cons

I don't have any cons. If you don't like their presets for button data entry, you can use your own.

Great EHR System

The transition from my previous EHR System was very easy. Customer Support have been amazing and always available to assist if there are any problems. There are many tutorials available for needed to assist in becoming familiar with the software features and navigation. I am very satisfied with the EHR and happy that I transitioned to ICANotes.

Pros

I have actually recommended ICANotres to 3 colleagues since transitioning to your EHR system. I love it, increase productivity, and easy navigation. Support Team is wonderful.

Cons

I have very satisfied with this EHR and have no concerns or issues identified.

Overview: The product along with the excellent traing has been easy for me to learn.

With Icanotes my notes are much faster and know I am going to incorporate the billing at my office.

Pros

The organization of the working from left to right.

Cons

The selection of the drop down choices tend to be more pathalogicall then the clients I see therefore I end up typing more than I would like.

Versatile Software!!!

This software is geat! Try the free trial and see for yourself!!

Pros

You can do so much with this software!!! They also have superb customer service and training!

Cons

You can only customize their forms but they have some good forms! It looks hard to use but it isn’t.

ICANotes meets highest expectations

I have used ICANotes off and on since the early 2000's. The only reason I stopped using this powerful program was due to the constraints of where I was working. There are so many improvements over the past 10 years that when I returned 2 years ago I was amazed. Perhaps one of the best features is there customer support system. Questions are quickly answered. If you have suggestions for improvement, someone actually reviews these and even implements the better suggestions. I could not recommend this software system enough. I wholeheartedly give this a 5 star rating!!

Pros

-Excellent customer support -Constantly updated and improved -Easy to use -Easily customized to my needs as therapist -Set for a wide range of healthcare providers -Integrated billing process -Quick notes that touch on all important aspects of visit -Economical, especially in light of how much you receive for the monthly fee

Cons

There are really very few cons that I would downgrade ICANotes about.

Texas Addictions

Love ICANotes. If we could have an easy way to get the ICD 10 codes, better medication database and a little faster it would be the perfect software (at least for me).

Pros

The built-in templates (phrases) and that is perfect for the field of addictions.

Cons

Getting ICD 10 codes, not a good medication database and the time it takes to process some of the steps.

Tech savvy user

The best overall dynamic documentation program I have seen so far. Learn to work around the limitations and you'll probably like the product. It does help you save time. Note, however, that if you have a low-volume practice it may not be as cost effective as it is with practices that have a high level of patient flow.

Pros

Lots of features. Staff welcomes suggestions for changes. Much can be done with a few clicks. Some customizability. Once you get the hang of it you can produce a reasonably good clinic note in a brief period of time. Top level management will respond if you ask. I think one of the best features is that you can access it from any computer with an internet connection, at no extra cost.

Cons

I give very frank reviews and I know something about software development, so consider that perspective in the following "cons". A little slow at times, even with a very fast internet connection. The application was not developed from the ground up using machine code. It is built on a platform that sometimes slows the process (on rare occasions frustratingly so) and limits the flexibility of developers and tech staff in creating a high level of adaptability. But if you don't mind a bit of awkward formatting and not having a couple of common keyboard functions (e.g., the Enter key on the numeric keypad), you can produce acceptable output. I suspect a competitor will emerge without these limitations in a year or two; maybe that will prompt some improvements.

Very Satisfied EMR user

Overall, I am very pleased with ICANotes for electronic mental health records. They appear to be keeping this product current to meet the everchanging needs within the mental health field. I have recommended this product to other professionals in my area.

Pros

Loved the ease of downloading to my computers and finding video instruction for using the program. The support staff has always been extremely helpful and friendly. I like the features that allow me to tailor my progress notes to the way I focus on treatment issues. Progress notes can be completed very easily and quickly. Appointment book and patient account features are easy to learn and use.

Cons

The billing on HCFA forms will only print one service per form and I would like to be able to print and bill weekly or monthly with several charges on one form. If you subscribe to clearinghouse for billing this is not an issue.

Good Review for ICANotes

Pros

It's user-friendly, customer support is very friendly, easy access and great billing.

Cons

It used to freeze up a lot, but it seems like they have been working hard figuring the issue out, because it has gotten better the past few months.

The review

I did not prefer it compared to another software.

Pros

Clickable options. But there’s many that are not as relevant.

Cons

It’s too saturated. Too hard to do tx plans in it as well.

Slightly satisfied.

We would appreciate a patient portal or mobile capabilities (i.e. tablets, smart phones, etc).

Pros

We appreciate the versatility with creating initial assessment or progress notes (i.e. tabs, buttons, etc.).

Cons

We have had consistent troubles getting claims correctly prepped. Information will be dropped or added incorrectly. Current example with ticket #: 104307

ICanotes

I started a second career in counseling rather late in life and had an extensive business background before venturing into private practice. I have been involved in several large software and internet based program implementations. I can highly recommend Icanotes due to ease of use, ease of customization and superior and responsive customer service!

Pros

The ease of use and excellent customer service were what sold me. Customization is also important to me and Icanotes fit the bill.

Cons

The program with minor tweaks could have been customized in such a way that would have not necessitated me buying an accounting software program to supplement my simple accounting needs, however, this is not the true purpose of the program. I will say however that the ownership and customer service people really seemed to care about my comments.

ICANotes Review

I have mixed views regarding ICANotes. The company sent out a representative to address agency-specific needs and did not follow-up regarding this meeting. In fact, an employee of the organization is no longer, and issues are still unresolved.

Pros

Ease of use, access to customer service via online chat.

Cons

Changes are often overlooked or non-significant.

Great medical charting software

Medical charting

Pros

Lots of templates and easy to click through to get notes done, with the items you need to bill insurance.

Cons

It took a lot clicking to complete a note and it takes time to learn where things are. The learning curve was too steep for me.

Product works great WHEN IT WORKS! So frustrating that it has so many glitches (almost weekly)

Pros

I love the ease of documenting a well organized psychiatric note. HOWEVER I'M ON THE PHONE WITH IT AGAIN THIS MORNING!!! I feel like I have to come into work early just in case ICAN is down.

Cons

So many times (again almost weekly) that I have to call IT about server issues that slow down my practive. Can't access records or patient schedule. UGH!! AND even they never compensate you for the time that their product is not functioning!

Frustrating and time wasting due to connection problem

Pros

I like the layout of the documentation. Technical support are friendly even when my needs are not being met

Cons

This product has a lot of technical issues. I spend so much time trying to re-log in. This has been extremely frustrating to work with. This problem started about 2 months ago. I have called technical support on numerous occasions to resolve this issue but there seems to be no progress. I have come to believe that the team is not capable of resolving this serious issue.

Not so much

Pros

I think the form letters feature is wonderful but beyond that I am so utterly frustrated with ICAN it's difficult to come up with much I do like.

Cons

It never works. It's clear the server space is insufficient for the amount of traffic. I am constantly getting thrown out or having to deal with a frozen screen, regardless of whether I'm at the office or at home. Saturday afternoon is the really the only time ICAN works. Unfortunately, I'm on ICAN on Saturday afternoon because it is too difficult to use while at work. I wish I could get back the amount of time I spend working on weekends due to ICAN's lack of performance.