IntakeQ Logo

Web-based intake forms management software

IntakeQ Reviews - Page 2

AJ

Adella J.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

most customizable EHR software for our mental health practice

we have been with them almost 2 years, prior to them we were with simplepractice (night and day). We also previously were with TherapyNotes and needed more customization.

Pros

The customization. That they have kept pricing for OGs the same. Great email support. Consistency.

Cons

I wish there was an open API for billing. Their billing is not great for how complex our billing needs are so we have had to create a complicated system- where an open API for billing would be amazing.

WM

Wendy M.

I love IntakeQ and I am glad I switched

The customer service is stellar. You get live human beings and in less than an hour. They also have a great support page. I like the customizability, that I can use my favorite clearinghouse, choose which credit card processor I want to use, and even with video sessions, I can choose my platform. The more I use the program, the more wonderful features I discover. They are also always open to feedback and updating the EHR. I have been very happy with their product.

Pros

I absolutely love that I can easily create and edit forms. The appointment calendar allows me to color code events. There are 3 different ways to accept credit cards, three different ways to do a video session, and three different ways to incorporate clearinghouses for claims processing. You get to choose which company you would like to use, not get stuck with the one option the other programs choose.

Cons

I would love a very clear accounting page that shows me the charge for service, what the client owes, what the client paid, what the insurance owes, what the insurance paid, and any discounts to the fees. There is one but it is not right there in the client file where you can readily see it.

AW

Amy W.

Enjoying IntakeQ

We switched from Practice Better (PB) to IntakeQ in July 2022 and it's saved me on average 8 hours a week just in insurance billing alone. PB does not have an integrated clearinghouse, which meant manually tracking claims via a Google Sheet for every clinician and every client. With IntakeQ, all it takes is 3 button clicks and the claim is submitted, and the integrated clearinghouse options automatically...

Pros

Highly customizable forms and features with task automation and pinned notes. They are also very active in their Facebook support group and highly value the feedback they receive from their customers.

Cons

Limited ability to transfer/upload patient records from another system (when transitioning the practice over to IntakeQ); no document library; inability to fax more than 1 document from a patient record at a time; no meds list or allergies function yet.

AI

Asha I.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Perfect for small practice

Overall perfect for providers with their own cash pay practice and especially those focused on wellness. Because everything has to be created (ie no pre-installed icd codes , you have to put them in manually) this may not be best for physician in regular practice.I hope they increase a few features without making it complicated

Pros

I should first emphasize I am a solo practitioner , with focus on wellness and limited services. I wanted a program that allows online patient scheduling, visit notes , pay via credit card and some billing of insurance and Hippa communication. Most programs that offer this have excessive features and design for practices with front desk and support staff instead of the practitioner. IntakeQ offered...

Cons

Patient portal and emails could be more simple . Sometimes patient get up to 3 emails for steps related to appointment. Patient should be able to complete consent and intake while making appointment instead of after . Wish you could pull journal and intake entries in to visit or SOAP note. I would like them to add features that may be more helpful for advanced practitioners such as labs , or pictures into note . I have submitted claim yet , so not sure how smooth that is.

EH

Elana H.

Medical Practice, self-employed

I love this platform

I am incredibly satisfied! I was looking for something highly customizable and it met ALL of the criteria I was looking for when I changed platforms!

Pros

I have been using IntakeQ since Jan 2020. I found this platform after being dissatisfied with the one I was previously using. I couldn't be happier with the change. 1. I was already using SRfax and this is integrated with that fax program 2. It take a little time to customize everything, but it is well worth it and the customer service response is great and fast. 3. I love that the booking and billing...

Cons

While the customer service is fast and generally meets my needs, it is always be email and sometimes I would prefer a phone conversation. If needed, they will schedule a phone call, but email is definitely the "go to" way they address inquiries.

Lexi S.

Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees

Great balance of cost & features, perfect for small therapy practice

Pros

I like that you have the option to pay less or more based on which features you need, as well as your volume of new clients -- super helpful for me starting out when I only had one new client every 2-3 months. Their customer support team actually worked with me to give me a 50% discount for the first 6 months and offer me a special "super low volume" plan. I also appreciate that there is so much...

Cons

There are some small flukes that pop up occasionally; for example, if you enter a client's legal name when registering the client, there's no way to change how that shows up on forms, etc.--not usually an issue, but if a client has a radically different preferred name, is transgender, etc. I like to be able to ask them & customize what shows up on their forms. It's a little pricey, which is true of all online forms software, so I do like that it at least includes a HIPAA compliant messaging system -- I avoided other online forms systems because they were the same price, but with drastically fewer features. I'd love to see a discount for paying for an entire year up-front, too.

JM

Julie M.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

The best EHR I have used in 30+ years in practice

When I first started using IntakeQ, I thought this software must have been written by a practitioner who actually does notes! All the other software I have used was slanted to the computer tech who wrote the program. Then, it all made sense when I found out about the suggestion to change or improve things from the practitioners actually using the software. Thank you for not only asking but for actually continually improving things to make it just that much better!

Pros

IntakeQ has actually allowed me to enjoy doing my patient notes! This has always been the worst part of practice - not anymore! I love the flexibility of making it "my own" with the flexible flows and processes. It truly is an all-in-one from the audio/video appointments, scheduling, appointment reminders, links to put on my website, and the connection to Fullscript, and it documents right in my notes. I love the voice-to-text feature as well. The ease of reading the notes and the professional look is amazing. The messaging is critical to me with the virtual practice and helps me stay connected with my patients.

Cons

Honestly I have not cons. After using so many other EHR's in the past, intakeQ is a homerun for me.

VP

Valerie P.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Super Customizable, thanks to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!!!

I cannot say enough GREAT things about [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] with IntakeQ. When I let him know that, due to the answers received from the other Customer Service/our Onboarding rep, we may need to move to a new product after all, he jumped on the case! Not only was he able to give us answers that we needed, but he was able to get the system set up for us in a way that made it so we didn't need to switch products after all! I cannot say enough about how he went above and beyond to make sure we were able to work with the system, really showcasing how flexible it can be based on our needs.

Pros

We have been able to implement this into our needs rather easily! It's exciting to be able to provide our clients with a far more seamless option to go from sign-up with us to appointment.

Cons

We did have some issues with getting it to reflect the things we needed, at first. After speaking to several Customer Service reps, they made it sound as if it might not be possible to implement what we needed.

JL

Julio L.

Makes Managing Inventories Easy

Overall, I'm very happy with it, and would recommend it.

Pros

My favorite thing about IntakeQ is how it organizes documents based on clients. When I send a form out, it comes back and drops it off in their patient file. I no longer have to download, look for the folder, save it, etc. When scrubbing through the client folders, everything is there. I also really enjoy how I'm able to customize forms with fields, of all sorts. The Customer Support is great. Ease of Use and Flexibility. I like the fact that there are updates and you could tell that the team is really working on a roadmap, and new features regularly roll-out. Appointment Reminders w/ Text is Great. Easy Notes, the easiest most streamlined way.

Cons

No Phone App. Forms do not convert easily to Phone Versions for clients to complete. The signature (hand drawn signature) is not smooth; and it looks like the brush is not well thought out. Needs some user-interface work. I wish there were an easier way to message patients via a Phone App. I also wish that instead of a Bubble for messaging patients; it actually just stated, "Messages" I would like...

Hi Julio, Thanks so much for the positive review! We have a feature that allows you to map form fields to patient notes. Our support at hello@intakeq.com will be happy to help you set this up. Regarding patients who don't have an email, this article explains how to enable a setting that allows them to use a phone number instead: https://support.intakeq.com/article/149-choosing-the-login-method-for-your-public-forms I hope this helps!

JW

Joeleen W.

Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees

Make your business your own

I have had a wonderful experience and I have never once regretted switching systems to intakeQ

Pros

IntakeQ is so customizable that you really get to create the business and services that serve you best. There is no one size fits all with this software.

Cons

We want supervising note signing to be easier and more streamlined

KK

Kelsey K.

Best Product for the Budget

I was happy that IntakeQ’s user friendliness in set-up was sufficient to allow immediate use, but we did take a significant amount of time getting all the forms we wanted to be electronically available.

Pros

IntakeQ does a fabulous job of working with integrations and not re-inventing the wheel so to speak. They are also cutting edge and effectively eliminate duplicate work. For instance, events on google calendar can be selected to appear in IntakeQ calendars and visits can appear on google calendar, while still remaining HIPAA compliant by labeling ‘busy.’ This is just one of numerous examples, but integrations with expert products supports the superiority of IntakeQ as an EMR.

Cons

While having setting near the functions that you want to change can be helpful, I think a single settings page might be beneficial to quick reference changes, rather than in each area. Think how iPhone manages individual app settings and subscriptions even.

Anne R.

Great Product

I really like using it and find it meets my needs better than any other EHR I've used.

Pros

IntakeQ is highly customizable allowing complete control over your forms and processes. It has amazing automations you can set up allowing for wonderful workflows. This is particularly helpful for group practices. The scheduling system is great and the forms and questionnaires are the best of any product I've used.

Cons

It takes a lot to set things up because it is so customizable. It can also be hard to find things within the system because there are so many options and settings.

FR

Freedom R.

Best Practice Management!

I have tried other top brands trial and I'm sticking with IntakeQ. It's easy to use, reliable and efficient.

Pros

IntakeQ has everything a clinician needs and for every budget. I don't one one complaint about their services. Whenever I have questions their customer support is impeccable. Most of the time in less than 24 hours I received the support I need. It has so many features and is less expensive than other known brands.

Cons

This software it's as close to perfect. I wish it would have note entries to select but for the affordable price and the several features it offers, I'm happy with intakeq.

TD

Te D.

I like the tool but need more flexibility and workflows to support my business.

Pros

Hippa compliance is the primary driver for the why we moved to the SW as well as being able to have clients complete forms online. I like the professional look and feel. The search is helpful.

Cons

Not enough flexibility for processing intakes in bulk. Would like the ability to transfer in bulk between providers, link custom template office use fields with client custom fields so certain notes are pulled into the client's record. We need more flexibility in configuring the SW to meet our business needs. We have to use a separate scheduling SW because intakeq doesn't offer the same flexibility...

Hello, Thank you for your feedback! We understand that your business has a special workflow after the intake is completed. Unfortunately, custom document workflows is a little out of our scope at this time. You may want to look into our client tags feature, which can be automated and allows you to filter by tags later. Also, you can always use our APIs if your business needs something more sophisticated. Feel free to contact our support at hello@intakeq.com if you need any assistance with improving your workflow!

JM

Judith M.

Hospital & Health Care, self-employed

Makes running my small biz a breeze

Pros

Reasonable pricing, great user interface, has made running my small business *SO MUCH* easier, makes me look more professional and organized as a small business, is HIPAA compliant, there is continuous improvement of features, fast and friendly customer service, streamlined payment (which saves me so much time as a solo biz owner), auto-save so you never lose a note you're in the middle of, portal system to communicate with patients, great metrics that help me identify trends in the business and that help make marketing, budgeting and scheduling decisions. I could go on and on. I seriously adore this company.

Cons

There are some very occasional buggy features in the software -- honestly it's been so infrequent that I usually forget to point them out to customer service, but the one time I did, they were very responsive and the issue was resolved later that same weekend... which was over Thanksgiving weekend, no less! Only other gripe is that if you have more than one tab open with the program (e.g. your booking calendar in one tab and a note for a patient in another tab), you may get logged out automatically, which can be annoying if you were in the middle of a task, though I suppose it's helpful for security purposes if I'm on pubic computer in the shared office space I have.

RF

Rebeca F.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Great product with potentiality for excellence

Functionality of the firms and charting is great. Client portal is excellent. Lacks employee management. Would be great if it had voice to text.

Pros

The customization of the forms is greater.

Cons

Customer service. Our personal experience is that it’s hit or miss.

RA

Rachel A.

Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees

A great investment for practice management

In the past two years as a user of IntakeQ, they are constantly improving their product. They listen to and strive to meet their customer's needs.

Pros

The responsiveness of IntakeQ's staff when you send an email is fast - usually within a few hours during normal business hours. The client portal is exceptional with the client's ability to self-schedule, view and pay invoices, change credit cards, submit forms and journals, and message the provider. The forms creator, booking module, and billing module are easy to use once you learn the system.

Cons

The task manager can create automatic tasks, but they do not automatically disappear off the task list when completed. There is a learning curve to setting up IntakeQ to meet your specific needs, but that is too be expected when the system is so customizable.

HS

Heather S.

Mental Health Care, self-employed

Still in free trial but struggling to commit because of one critical missing feature

I want to join IQ because of the robust nature of the platform and the support they offer, but there is one feature missing that is non-negotiable for me given the client populations I work with.

Pros

The customization and automation are both robust in this platform. There are multiple question types when creating new forms/templates. Almost every aspect of the platform is customizable to your needs and business. The support/help part of the website is also super helpful, and the facebook group is great for finding answers to questions that may be time-sensitive usually.

Cons

According to the facebook group for IntakeQ (this doesn't include any private requests for this), over 15 clinicians have requested the feature to be added where two people can have separate and independent access to the client portal of a client. For example, a minor client with separated/divorced parents who are high conflict -- this is the only feature preventing me from committing. I don't want to go back to another "simple" EHR but it seems to be one of the only platforms that offers this. It's pretty much the only feature missing from IQ.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Patient Data Management Nightmare - Not HIPPA - CANNOT manage your patient data

Horrific. Caused more problems than it solved. Do NOT use to manage patient data, you will be sorry. You have been warned.

Pros

Was cheap and easy to use, but not worth the headache

Cons

Software uses patients first name and email address to identify them. This is NOT OK for medical patient identification. Unfortunately, the company said there is no way around it, and we cannot use "full name" and "birth date", which is common medical practice to identify patients. What's worse, if a patient makes an appointment with the same first name and email address (like a parent would do...

Hi there, Sorry to hear our system didn't work for your needs, we cannot cater to all situations unfortunately. I wanted to clear up a few things noted in this review. We are fully HIPPA compliant. You can most certainly manage your client data, each client has a profile where all of their information is stored. There are various lists, reports, and exports available as well. The issue you noted about clients who have the same email address and first name does exist, as we use the email and first name as the primary client identifiers. Most using our platform don't have an issue with this, though some may. Take care, Ryan, IntakeQ Support Team Lead

Marilee F.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

The best customer service on the planet

Pros

I absolutely LOVE IntakeQ. The best thing about it is the customer service. I've never before experienced such quick answers to my questions online. And they are super helpful and will bend over backward to help you. Allow me to tell you a story about this! We were scrambling in my group counseling practice to send out new forms to all of our clients (hundreds) before the start of 2019. It was critical...

Cons

I cannot think of any cons for IntakeQ!

FA

Fani A.

Useful Software, Great Customer Service

Overall positive experience. Expect a learning curve in the beginning, and know that if you want to use IntakeQ for anything more than just the most basic scheduling, you will need to put some time into figuring out how it works. That said, I've been able to make beautiful intake forms, keep track of all of our scheduling, and transition to a nearly 100% digital system through IntakeQ. Recommended.

Pros

This software has really streamlined our practice and allowed us to go almost 100% digital. There is a bit of a learning curve, but the help page is generally useful, and IntakeQ has some of the best customer service I have ever worked with. They always respond to my questions (and I've had many questions) within 24 hours, and I always feel like I'm talking to a "real" person that works with me to resolve any issues I'm having.

Cons

Aspects of this software can be very confusing, particularly when it comes to the various "roles" that different accounts have. It is also sometimes unclear where to access certain functions. Sometimes I'm able to resolve these issues through the help page, but other times customer service has to help me figure it out. The software could be a lot more user friendly and intuitive, but the great customer service helps to make up for that.

BR

Brian R.

Hospital & Health Care, self-employed

FANTASTIC and WELL PRICED

Super easy and works fantastically for the most part

Pros

Easy to use and once its set up has completely automated my process and allows me to run a multimillion dollar busy practice alone

Cons

Some automations cant be turned off and e scripting is still a bit glitchy

Chuck R.

We've been with these wonderful folks for several years. I can't imagine our company without them!

Tremendous ease! I send out the forms and they get filled out. Not copying of forms. No storing of forms. No purchasing paper and toner. Fewer calls to the copier repair guy. They make my life better...

Pros

Initially found the customer service to be exceedingly prompt and abundantly proficient. They set up cost for the forms is more than reasonable and the monthly expense is such a bargain. I have never known their system to go down. Simple to get going and no maintenance. We keep finding new uses for them. It is so great to be able to email a link to the client. The client follows the link, fills out the form(s) and then submits. The forms are easily downloaded. Could not be more pleased. Thank you, thank you, thank you...

Cons

Seriously, I have yet to find one. I truly wish my every interaction could be an interaction like I've had with IntakeQ!

LE

Louis E.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Terrific Product AND Service

I initially stumbled onto IntakeQ when I was searching for a good, cost effective way of handling my medical paperwork. As it turns out, this was the most beneficial "stumble" I could have done. My intake process is now streamlined and efficient. Creating new forms is a breeze. In the few cases I've had problems, the team at IntakeQ has quickly and effectively come to my assistance, even so far as to create the forms I was needing. Anytime I have a question I get a prompt personal response. These guys just keep improving the product more and more. I highly recommend them, particularly if you are a solo doc like me. But even a large group would benefit. High-quality product, HIPAA secured, easy to use, responsive team, very affordable.

Pros

Easy to use. Cost effective.

Cons

Sometimes hard for patients to log in (though most of these cases are technically impaired folks!)

EH

Emily H.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

The BEST way to automate my busy practice!

WOW! The ease of use is crazy simple....and if you get stuck-- if you send an email to support, you WILL hear back from a rep within the day, and I mean if you send it at 7pm you will get an email back at 8pm. yep even after hours. I secretly want to hire their staff because their customer service is top notch. But not only is the staff amazing, the product is THE BEST solution for my functional medicine practice. HIPAA compliant. Getting started with them-- they were able to convert my current forms into digital questions for a mere $9 or something like that. I would've wasted HOURS trying to figure that out. If you are considering intakeQ, look no further. I would do a video testimony for them because I have been so impressed. (and no I don't work for them)

Pros

-Ease of Use -Ability to fit within my digital practice -Staff -Staff always coming up with solutions to my questions

Cons

-Wish there was a feature to have clients put things in chronological order like some other Functional Medicine Software companies.