IntakeQ Logo

Web-based intake forms management software

IntakeQ Reviews - Page 3

SO

Simal O.

Research, self-employed

We are quite satisfied with IntakeQ platform: it is reliable, convenient and simple to use.

HIPAA secure platform (it was a must for our IRB approval) Easy access 24/7 Online - remote access feature Collection of questionnaire data (predominantly) Secure messaging (rarely used but it was on target)

Pros

The crucial thing for us was it to be an HIPAA secure platform (we use it to collect some sensitive (medical) information for a research study). It has exceeded our expectations regarding 1) reliability (the platform works smoothly), 2) simplicity (easy to user - on both ends) and 3) great customer support (we had ran into couple problems that were fixed pretty quickly). Also, the messaging was a bonus feature for us - so far we used it for a few occassions but they were very critical so it was great to have that option. And the price is reasonable - we are an independent research team - paying for this service out of pocket - and we are extremely satisfied with every penny we pay to your service. So, great job to you gals & guys at IntakeQ!

Cons

The questionnaires can be improved: - such as by adding answer-activated conditional questions , ex: if you check a box at Question1, then skip to Question8 etc.) The display can be improved by having options - such as by adding the option of showing the most recently completed form on top - visually grouping forms - as worked on etc (not just read or unread) by user-activated flagging.

Biotechnology, 1-10 employees

Clean and simply designed intake and patient management platform

Using intakeQ as a patient interaction, eICF, and eCRF/ePRO platform for clinical trials. For simple trials with simple follow-ups that the coordinators don't mind setting up, this is an extremely budget-friendly way to obtain eICFs and some ePROs (less than a hundred dollars vs minimum $5k for HIPAA-compliant SurveyMonkey). You can configure roles to control access and security

Pros

Extremely affordable and extremely fast customer service while boasting HIPAA compliance, eSignatures, recurring forms and appointments, automated follow-up emails, and secure patient platform. Sending and re-sending forms is easy.

Cons

Cannot choose which variables to show as columns under Client list. Cannot calculate average scores from multiple questions. Cannot cause a notice to send to the site coordinators or doctors if a certain response is recorded. Cannot set up forms in a set schedule so that one form is sent after another at a certain time and then view this schedule (but that is fine as this was not designed for this). Lack of version control of forms.

JA

Judy A.

Loving this program!

This has been a huge time and paper saver for me. Most of my patients love it. Some people that are still uncomfortable with doing online forms can get baffled and occasionally people have a challenge with saving the information (maybe it's their browser?). I also like how easy it is to make changes on the forms. My only recommendation is to condense the printable form. My health history is >20 pages printed. Probably could be 1/2 that if it wasn't so spread out.

Pros

easy to use, make changes and send to patients

Cons

the printable version is very long; >20 pages, could be much less if it weren't so spread out in print version.

Hello Judy, Thank you so much for the positive review! Regarding the issue with printed forms using up too much paper, you can enable a more condensed version that should work better for you. You can find it in the Settings tab under More -> Settings. You should enable both options in the PDF section. I hope this helps!

HM

Heather M.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

IntakeQ improved client response time

For years we sent out questionnaires to learn about our clients via email with an attached PDF. It was not very user-friendly. The client had to either print it out and handwrite their answers or try to edit it digitally which often resulted in lost data. When we switched to IntakeQ it simplified the process for our clients and almost immediately, we noticed an increase in response time. IntakeQ is user-friendly, so even our older clients, who may not be as comfortable using a computer, seem to have an easy time filling out our survey. We switched over six months ago and will never go back to our old system.

Pros

I like how easy it is to create the intake form and how easy it is to edit it.

Cons

I have had clients complain that they lose their password, or they log it from a different link (because sometimes I send two or three emails before they respond) and then their data isn't there. It seems that if they type an email that has already been entered into the system that they should be prompted to re-enter a form they already started or prompted with a password reminder

M. Victoria A.

Excellent product - highly recommend

Intake forms are a snap to create, change, edit and send to patients/clients - could NOT be easier. And their service of uploading and formatting for you is SO affordable and easy.

Pros

Easy layout, intuitive, simple with lots of options to do more complex work with it, constantly being upgraded and improved. Customer service is STUPENDOUS! They're fast, quick, kind, polite, thoughtful - really just top notch. Truly could not recommend more!

Cons

It would be cool if there was an app, but it's not a big deal to keep a direct link to the website on my phone - super simple and takes 2 seconds to access on the go

Kelly Elise U.

My Favorite EHR

Incredible! Such great customer service and an amazing product.

Pros

This EHR is so affordable for a group practice compared to others that I've used. The customization is incredible as well. While the front-end work is a lot, it is so worth it to set up your systems well.

Cons

I wish there was slightly more of an ability to customize insurance billing information.

MT

Mary T.

Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees

Good value!

we are using IntakeQ for our intake paperwork only. We are definitely seeing an increase in clients filling out paperwork before their first appointment. I like the new features added especially the analytics. We have had a few glitches with some clients not being able to submit their paperwork and there really was never a resolution. It may have been an issue with their own computer. overall we have...

Pros

User-friendly, easy to search.

Cons

some of the glitches where clients haven't filled out forms completely or haven't been able to submit.

SA

Suzanne A.

Mental Health Care, self-employed

IntakeQ

Support services are stellar!

Pros

Ease of making appointments, 24/7 access to client records, reminders before appointments, scheduling forms to be sent out before and after sessions

Cons

Can't search for a series of appointment availabilities; can't search on the number of missed sessions a client has had.

DG

David G.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

IntakeQ is the PERFECT administrative assistant for my business!

I can't say enough good things about how amazing IntakeQ is for me as an independent contractor and licensed massage therapist. IntakeQ has taken so much of the burden of administrative duties off of my plate. All of my health intake forms, waivers, and general information pamphlets are all customized and easily sent to clients. The scheduling feature and integration with gmail is awesome for both me and my family who need to know my schedule. Email features, integration with Square (for standard sales) and Stripe (for gift certificates) is great. This is one powerful tool for HIPPA compliant forms and administrative needs. couldn't survive without it.

Pros

All the scheduling features, analytics, and customizable forms.

Cons

Still looking for more automated email functions, and more scheduling features, but IntakeQ team seems to always be doing updates that are great.

HV

Heather V.

staff and patients love it! helps expedite our patient appointments and flow

see review - :)

Pros

I like that our patients can fill this out in the quietness of their homes, it helps my staff prepare for a busy day by entering the patient's information ahead of time, and patients tend to be more thorough with their answers if they have time to complete the questionnaires at home. IntakeQ is always adding new features which is great too. Not all of them apply to how we use the software, however, they are always innovating and improving.

Cons

I wish the forms integrated with our EMR (electronic medical records) software so we didn't have to manually enter the data - but the functions and ability to get the patient's information before they come in outweighs this obstacle.

DE

Dave E.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

I was looking for an online solution for my paperwork for a long time. Intakeq is so perfect!

This software saves me time and makes it easy to retrieve contact information and consent forms for my patients.

Pros

My clients love being able to fill out their paperwork on their smartphone, tablet or laptop. I love knowing that once I electronically sign the forms they are securely and confidentially stored. They were so helpful in getting my forms set up and even inputted them for me from a PDF. The price is very reasonable and is more that offset by the time I save if I had to handle printouts, scan and then file forms in compliance with HIPAA requirements.

Cons

The scheduling software is nice, but the scheduler doesn't commnicate with my google calendar or even the calendar in my practice management software.

Daphne R.

Love the continuous updates!

Pros

Easy to use. Easy to set up fairly complicated intake form rules and booking settings. Digitizing our intake forms and booking in general has definitely streamlined both processes for our business.

Cons

Lack of family support - e.g. a parent booking appointments for multiple children has to use several different email addresses, and the profiles often fail to "link" properly so we're constantly merging client profiles. Lack of integration is a huge con for us - we have to update our EMR schedule with booking changes manually, payment info doesn't link to our billing vendor (our Google calendar does synch - hoping for more future integrations).

BK

Brian K.

Medical Practice, self-employed

Overall IntakeQ is great. It's allowed me to successfully start my own physical therapy practice

Was able to start my practice quickly and without a major investment. I can get up and running with professional intake forms and scheduling, and seamlessly write electronic notes for all of my patients. It is truly excellent.

Pros

-Ease to create forms -I can use the notes to track all of my daily notes with patients -- no need to buy a separate EMR system. -Easy for patients to schedule appointments -Excellent customer service whenever I have an issue -Constantly updating and improving with new features.

Cons

-The booking settings can be difficult to figure out and manage -The system isn't great for managing more than one practitioner. I run my practice with my partner, and it would be nice for us both to have full admin privileges. Likewise, I get email notifications about all of her appointments, which is unnecessary.

JP

Joy P.

Love IntakeQ!

I use IntakeQ for scheduling, appointment reminders and new patient intake forms and consents. It has saved me so much time and helped to keep me better organized. It is so easy to use and very intuitive, and my patients all seem impressed by it. The customer service is also very receptive to suggestions and requests, which is reflected in the updates and new features. I don't use it for my documentation because it doesn't work for my needs, but that is an option for those who are looking for it.

Pros

Scheduling, ability to connect with my google calendar, appointment reminders, ease of creating forms, ease of sending out forms, notifications when forms are completed and returned, the dashboard.

Cons

The patient documentation portal and customization don't meet my needs. It would be nice to be able to have my documentation connected to my schedule, though.

SH

Steve H.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

A Must have for any medical business

Intake Q has streamlined our New client paperwork to a simple, online form that can be completed and submitted back within minutes of a patient being seen. This saves us a ton of time and money (no need for paper forms anymore) and we're 100% satisfied with this. The fact that it's able to be placed on our website is another bonus. Highly recommend to anyone who is looking to move away from paper forms.

Pros

Simple to complete. It has all the features that are needed for a company needing to stay HIPAA compliant in a secure manner. Lot's of good features to compliment the form software (i.e. Scheduling, etc.)

Cons

It would be great if it had a point of sale aspect as well as a feature to hold electronic medical records (similar to practice fusion). If those two systems were able to be combined, it would be the perfect system for our business.

JM

Jessica M.

Great management/time saving

Easy to send forms to clients and keep everything well organized and in order!

Pros

Love intake q. Love all the auto features plus if there is something you think that is needed the team is always open to suggestions and their support team is amazing! Makes day to day operations a breeze.

Cons

Sometimes with any software it has a mind of its own. But can figure out quickly.

SH

Sarryh H.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Great and easy to use!

IntakeQ has made creating intakes for our clients and different treatments easy. Customer support has fixed any issues we have had quickly, though they just fix them and do not call us or email us back to let us know it is fixed. It just works. I like that there is a number of already made forms so I can alter those questions as I need to without having to start from scratch. I like that I can open the forms in the office or send one to the client beforehand depending on how extensive the forms are.

Pros

ease of use, already made forms that questions can be adjusted, can send to clients or have them fill out at the office.

Cons

Support does not respond, though they do fix the issue

ml

mary l.

Great customer service! Great functions but wish I could receive faxes as well as send them.

Pros

The functions and convenience~ I really like being able to send my intake packet on-line. My clients love this also because they are used doing things on-line. It is so helpful because I usually get the packet completed and returned the same day I send. It allows me time to prepare for a new client. I like NOT having paper and instead of having a comprehensive electronic client file. The appointment reminder for a first appointment is wonderful!

Cons

Not user friendly and not very intuitive. Great customer service but I would like to be able to do things without having to contact customer service! I would like to be able to click on a current form to see out something was created so I could then do it myself on other forms . I find my self looking at a form that was done for me my customer service and wondering "Now how did they do that?" I really dislike that I can send but not receive faxes -- how great would this be to receive a client fax and be able easily to attach it to that file! I would even pay extra for that function,

Sebastian U.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

The best system to manage your Massage/Physio/Coaching business online!

I can manage the whole client booking experience in one place. The latest addition to automatic birthday email is incredible! And just love Client Portal, place where clients can check their appointments, packages, invoices, etc..

Pros

I love IntakeQ! Before I started with IntakeQ, I did a deep search and tried different systems for my Massage/Coaching business. My main criteria were to go completely paperless and I was looking for a fully automatic way: Client book the session/ or I manually book a client; then the system will send the Intake form (You can even create your own Intake forms, with your own questions and is so easy!), Reminders (both email and SMS to choose), online booking. And after the session, I can easily update my clients details from my Ipad or phone (SOAP notes). The most importantly, the IntakeQ team is so responsive and always helpful, I asked for a few updates, and these were implemented in no time! Thank you so much IntakeQ team!

Cons

None! The IntakeQ system is perfect! And the team is implementing new improvements on an ​ongoing basis.

LW

Lori W.

Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees

Customer Service is Exceptional!

We have been using IntakeQ for a while now, with ZERO issues, and recently made some changes to our business. With one email I was guided though the process of how to edit and add what I needed. I had documents uploaded and everyone at Intake Q was quick and efficient in uploading them for me. I had a little bit (ok, a lot) of difficulty figuring a few things out and customer service was nothing short of amazing! Emails answered within minutes and anything I needed help with was solved with no frustration and kindness. It is always such a pleasure to work with them!

Pros

We can condense our packets into all different folders and send them out accordingly. We can also edit everything to cater it to each client.

Cons

sometimes the documents are situated in a way that can make them difficult to find.

Christina B.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

THE BEST SOFTWARE EVER- I'm not kidding!!

Pros

I run a chiropractic practice and I have tried at least 3 other softwares to run my intakes and daily scheduling. IntakeQ has been the best BY FAR and all the other ones were at least $200-300/month so it is amazingly priced as well. I am impressed by all of the functions that IntakeQ can do and most importantly it is extremely reliable. I have never had an issue with appointment reminders or anything else crashing, everything always send out in a timely manner. I LOVE this software and recommend it to everyone because at the end of the day it makes my day a million times easier.

Cons

I haven't really found anything that I don't like.

JO

Jill O.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Much better than Massage Book!

Pros

Integration with iCal and Google Calendar is great and very easy to set up. Love the online forms options and that they are automatically sent when a patient schedules, very easy and is saving me time in this aspect of the schedule/documentation flow.

Cons

I really would like if there was a way that you could "complete" a visit and have it change color when you either issue an invoice or finish a note. I really need another checks/balances system to remind me that I have finished a note. The invoice/superbill is a bit cumbersome, but glad that I have the option of offering these as Massage Book did not allow me to do this. I am hoping that the more I do it the easier it will be, but as of right now it is NOT saving me any time. I would like to be able to go directly from the patient's note to the "check out" screen where I can issue the invoice so I don't have to go back out to my schedule and click on the patient again. Again, just time consuming and a bit cumbersome - sometimes causing me to lose my train of thought.

AS

Avigail S.

IntakeQ is a fabulous EMR

Pros

The customer service is phenomenal, great aesthetics/UX, patient portal works well, and the feature options feel almost endless.

Cons

There are many features and options, which can take some time to navigate and set up a practice- but it's worth it!

KB

Kristen B.

Hospital & Health Care, self-employed

Best Choice I Made for My Practice

There are so many options out there. I am SOOO glad I found intakeQ. It makes my day go much more smoothly. My patients are able to complete and sign all my intake forms and consent forms. I can reject an incomplete intake and ask the patient to complete it. No paper is involved. I also use intakeQ to accept payment for my services. Customer service is the best of any software I use. They graciously listen to my recommendations to improve my work flow and are very professional. I recommend intakeQ to everyone who will listen.

Pros

ease, customer service, paperless

Cons

wish it could develop into a fully functional EMR :)

DR

Daphne R.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Full-featured intake forms and booking service

IntakeQ has been essential for our office in digitizing the intake process and allowing patients to book online, which has saved a ton of time previously spent on administrative tasks. Online forms have been instrumental in saving us and our clients time, effort, and the hassle of printing/scanning/faxing. The automated emails are very useful as well. If the service integrated with our EMR, our intake process would be almost entirely hands-off for administration. Support is great, very responsive, and new features are added very regularly. Definitely, would recommend the service to any practice looking for more automation in their intake process.

Pros

Full-featured forms, automated emails, various options for booking, great support and the regular updates to the service

Cons

Lack of integration