Kareo Billing Reviews - Page 5

I am a sole practitioner

For a small practice, this is one of the. Ost cost effective programs I have seen.

Pros

Progress note generates the billing. Professional reports, professional looking statements Can add timed codes for medicare patients so you can avoid a billing error. Can fax evaluation dirctly to MD upom creation .

Cons

Cannot have two "user windows" open at once without paying additional money for 2 PTs. For example, I would like to be able to document on my ipad while in a room with a patient, and then comp,ete the note on my PC in my main gym area. I have to exit out,then sign back in on a different device, taking 4 steps instead of 2. Doesnt sound like much, but adds up to a lot of time over the course of a day. Many of the features have additional rcurring fees. (Schedule, outcomes,) Not all fields are customizable. You can add "smart text" for frequently used phrases, but this option is not available on every field. For example, cannot add smart text to the Plan, or to Assessment. Have asked many times if could be added, but it has never been put in update.

9 years and still happy with Kareo!

Pros

Love, love, love the document manager which makes it easy to manage, organize, and attach incoming documents from my various clients. Get new practices up and running, submitting claims within 48 hours. I don't have to batch and upload claims to a clearinghouse. I dont have to download ERAs from the clearinghouse. Everything is all in one place. Oh, and it is web based, no need for secure servers on my end and I can give access to my clients. Also no need to worry about backing up data.

Cons

Statements require more work than they should in my opinion...perhaps due to my specialties, but I find I need to manually review before letting the batches go out. But I love that we can send electronically right from Kareo.

Very Poor IT support

Fair. But there Tech support is horrible. This week from Friday , I lost the ability to send e scripts of controlled substances and it is not able to get in touch with anyone. This is not acceptable and frankly dangerous.

Pros

Easy to use easy to use on tablets.

Cons

Very poor Tech Support and E script ...

Hello Dr Mehdi, Thank you very much for providing feedback regarding your experience with both our software and our support team. We pride ourselves on both the knowledge and availability of our representatives, and we apologize that your experience was anything less than exemplary. We are committed to working with you towards a resolution regarding the current concern you've brought to our attention, and are interested in hearing your feedback in more detail regarding how our support team can improve.Someone from our support management team will be reaching out to you ASAP. We thank you again for sharing your input and look forward to speaking with you soon. Best, Kareo

Does not do its job

Horrible. This software has cost me tens of thousands of dollars over the past two years.

Pros

Relatively inexpensive with a straightforward interface.

Cons

It does not capture billing charges. We have entered in office visits and it fails to capture them for billing. I didn't realize this until I noticed that someone patients had never been billed despite me seeing them in the office several times. It has been over a week since I filed a complaint and the most they will say is that they are "looking into it".

Thank you so much for your feedback, this really helps us improve our product and services. We want to apologize for any inconvenience encountered and would like to offer you further assistance. If you wish and feel comfortable with sharing your account name or the case ID, we will be happy to look into any outstanding cases and get you a resolution as soon as possible. We may have to review the patient>billing workflow to make sure you are set for successful reporting. Our goal is to make sure you get paid.

Kareo Software

Pros

The startup was flawless. The switch from one clearinghouse to another went smoothly. Support in the beginning was above expectations. Trainings were easy to follow. The product is very user-friendly.

Cons

Support after your initial 90 days is slow. If I send an email, it gets an instant automated reply that it's been submitted and says to give them 24 hours. So far, it's been more like over a week before someone responds. Also, the first time I called in for help at the help desk, I got someone that wasn't easy to follow, and frankly didn't seem to know what he was talking about. I was actually told...

Kareo

Kareo customer service is always very easy to get in touch with and they are always pleasant and helpful

Pros

I love many features in Kareo. I find the real time eligibility and ability to send auto claims electronically with attachments is the most useful to my practice on a daily basis.

Cons

It may take a while to get issues fixed within the system.

User friendly

Customer service reps are available w/in just a few minutes when I run into a problem which is greatly appreciated.

Pros

The ease of scheduling for more than 1 physician. This software is so easy to train and learn on compared to more complex systems. Report functions are easy to customize to meet our needs.

Cons

I don't believe there is anything that I don't like on the Practice Mgmt side of Kareo.

Don't do it

One thing that they are stellar on is billing you every month.

Pros

I wouldn't say that there is anything that I really love about it.

Cons

I could go on and on but my biggest issue is that literally none of the issues that I have brought up with them have been resolved. For example, I brought up the issue that our notes print out all jumbled. They responded a month later and said to print them off of the factsheet. The factsheet is hundreds of pages long. To go and find the exact page that I need to print out every time is unrealistic. In the email that they sent explaining this, they said to contact them if I have any questions but that the case would be closed. I called them and explained that this is not an adequate resolution. They said that they would work on it. 9 months later and it's still not fixed. This is just one of many, many examples that I could provide. We are in the process of switching. So frustrating!

Hello Greg, Thank you for your candid comment about our software. We have been able to confirm our engineers are aware of the situation. We contacted them to assess the possibility of the fix to be implemented on a quicker manner. As our customer support representative indicated the information is effectively available on the Face Sheet for printing. One of our customer experience team members will be contacting you to gather additional information you may have about the issue. Thank you, Kareo

This reviewer only left a rating

I manage a small billing company that focuses exclusively on working with privately owned physical therapy practices, and have been in this segment of healthcare for the last eight years. Prior to that, I spent several years working with other specialties, as well as working for both government funded and commercial insurers. In all of my time in the industry, I've never found any other solution...

Used for Mental Health Treatment

Pros

Kareo has a lot of features that we've been able to customize to our specific needs, including great treatment plan templates and note formats. Never had issues with the scheduling side.

Cons

Not specific for mental health treatment--the medical components are helpful for biopsychosocial care but many of Kareo's main features in the browser side are not at all relevant to our practice and are unable to be hidden or customized.

Overview of Kareo software

Code Blue is the actual Billing. We use your software

Pros

It Is user friendly and the Support is awesome

Cons

I get a glitch for one of my Doctors when I am putting in a new encounter. I get a pop up for Medicare and or any Insurance with Medicare in it's name That the Insurance is not valid. I then check the elicitability in Kareo and it is valid. This happens about 75% of the time.

Best Support!

I am new at this billing venture and I would not have made it through had it not been for the fantastic support at Kareo. This is a dedicated company and I am fortunate enough to have become a part of it. The entire package is very user friendly but the support you receive is the best in the field. I have told many, many people about Kareo and how pleased I am with what they provide, I know others are looking into switching.

Pros

support, ease of use

Cons

a bit pricey but if I made more money I would not find fault...they deserve to charge what they do!

It works

Kareo makes it easy to submit and process claims, as well as perform payments and send statements.

Pros

Once it clicks, it clicks and it becomes very easy to use Kareo to its full advantage

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve, and the Kareo University is a bit dry.

my opinion of Kareo

Pros

this is a great product , with acceptability from any point/page you are in to any other information you need .has been running smoothly so far ( for last 8 years).

Cons

it would be nice if reports were more customizable without using Excel. there is some current issues with patient statements printing before insurance payment processed. Customer service need improvement. ( used to be very good few years back).

Could use some modifications

So far Kareo has been a great buy but there are some things that I believe could use some modifications. The shortcut and task bar aren’t customizable and the fact that patient statements printed through send patient statements and the ones that come out when you go into the individual patient are different can be bothersome because it’s not the same layout and the layout when doing bulk has the payment portion.

Pros

Keyboard shortcuts and connectivity to EHR

Cons

Shortcuts and top bar aren’t adjustable enough

This reviewer only left a rating

My name is Debbie Sullivan, and I am the founder and CEO of DR Medical Billing and Consulting, LLC in New Jersey. I opened my company over 3 years ago to offer billing and consulting services to small, struggling medical practices. Our company is unique as we allow the practices to continue using their current practice management systems; we just become an extension of their office as their offsite...

Kareo review

I have really not had a whole lot of problems. I currently am having one problem with the Enrollment department. I have been trying to get enrolled with an insurance company to receive ERAS and for some reason 4 months later I am enrolled but still not receiving ERAS. Overall the support is great and I always get problems solved in a very professional and timely manner.

Pros

It is very user friendly and the support is great!

Cons

That I cannot print my notes that are put into patients chart

This reviewer only left a rating

I own a small chiropractic clinic, where I am the sole practitioner. I have always done all of my own billing, so finding a billing program that streamlined the process was very important to me. The fact that Kareo integrates with Practice Fusion makes the process incredibly easy! With the new federal regulations on EHR's, I needed to find a new documentation program. I settled on Practice Fusion,...

started off great

no comment

Pros

if it worked, ease of use.

Cons

for the last year, and particularly the last few months, we have had problems with text messaging not going through to patients, error messages intermittently ALL day sometimes on Monday , sometimes on Tuesdays, sometimes whenever. Wee can be in the middle a a chart, go to save it, or send medications, then all of a sudden we will get an error, so mothing is saved. I am not sure what is happening...

Hello Robyn, and thank you for sharing your experiences with us. We apologize for any recent issues you've encounter with our software. We did experience intermittent latency last week and we have taken steps to resolve it. It appears that the issue has been taken care of, but we are still monitoring our system closely for verification purposes. We will have someone reach out to you shortly to discuss this in more detail. Thank you for your time, Kareo

So many issues

awful

Pros

It used to be free I do not like anything else.

Cons

- no support, I mean zero - notes have disappeared - insurance's names changed by kareo by mistake - online payments never received by practice - not able to check eligibility - price is too high for poor quality (>$600 for MD and 1 PA)

Hello, Tania. Thank you for expressing your honest concerns. All feedback we receive is valuable and beneficial, as it helps to ensure we are helping our customers to the utmost of our ability, as well as bridging any gaps where we may not be meeting expectations. We will be reaching out to you as soon as possible to address your specific concerns, and work with you to find a resolution. Regards, Kareo

Irvin Medical Claims owner's Review

KAREO has really improved the accuracy of billing. I'm more efficient. The Drs complete more notes faster and they are sent directly to me for billing! As a result the Drs and I see greater a greater return faster!

Pros

Very User friendly

Cons

KAREO has really improved the accuracy of billing. I'm unaware of any Cons.

Not practical AT ALL... Read review for details

Very helpful when they want are trying to get your business. Once you're paying, the level and ease of contact and customer service declines. Technical support is accessible but unfortunately they cannot fix the CONS I described above and I had to finally CANCEL.

Pros

Kareo Billing software and desktop application is fairly easy to use. Customer service is accessible. Cost for both Billing and EHR is fair. No contract.

Cons

NO WAY to view scanned or faxed documents in the EHR interface. This was the DEAL BREAKER.How can a physician see patients and chart while not being able to see what has been scanned or faxed into the system. A fax number (aka: kFax) is given to the practice for all faxes to be sent and eventually loaded into the EHR. Only problem is that once you try to view it, it can only be viewed AFTER SAVING...

Mayelin, thank you for your candid review. We understand your frustration and we recognize why this feature is important to your practice. Your feedback has been shared with our Product Development Team for future improvements. We truly hate to see you go and do appreciate your time in business with us. Best, Kareo

Low Implementation Cost Solution with High ROI

Excellent product.

Pros

The system is designed to enable staff to easily navigate through with little onboarding time. The web version provides ubiquitous access while still delivering rich functionality.

Cons

The reports section; however, this can be better adopted by our organization with additional training. The reports section is well outlined. Our organization needed some specified reporting that was a challenge to find; however, our onboarding coach directed us to the right resources.

Customer Lack of Service

Sadly, I am no longer going to use this product. The customer service cost me a lot in terms of time and patient safety. I pay so that I can access my charts. There should be no reason that you can't get back into your EHR within 24 hours or less. It is 4 days and I am still waiting.

Pros

The product itself is not bad. It is fairly easy to use. It is somewhat intuitive. The e-prescribe needs some work, but in general it is above average.

Cons

If you need customer service after hours: as when you are on call for the weekend or evening, you are simply out of luck. They do not cover nights and weekends. I got locked out and it is 4 days later and they still can't get me on. This is not acceptable. They think being polite is more important than getting results.

Sina, we were very sorry to see you go and hope to offer you our product and services in the future. We strive to improve and your feedback helps us achieve this. Due to the industry we service and for security reasons our policies at times become incredibly strict for those same reasons. We always make sure to offer alternatives to our customers so we can prevent inconveniences when it comes to accessing account information. We are working to promote secure and compliant options within our software, not only guarantee the safety of all data but also the flexibility for our customers to unlock themselves in the future. We wish this could have been prevented and wish you all the success with your business moving forward. Regards, Kareo

Private Physical Therapy Practice

Pros

We are a private specialty based physical therapy practice. We like the flexibility of paying a base amount each month no matter the amount of claims that we send. Kareo was very easy to learn how to use.

Cons

I wish there was an easier way to print an appointment list for a patient. I also wish the text messages and email message reminders could be modified for each individual practice.