Kareo Billing Reviews - Page 6

Two thumbs up!

Pros

This program is so user friendly. I was able to start billing my paper claims on the first day and most of my electronic claims within 48 hours. Everyone at Kareo is very helpful and knowledgeable. They check in every so often to make sure you're not having any issues and to see if we (the customer) have any suggestions for future changes to the program. I appreciate that Kareo is on top of changes with coding and insurances and they make sure there is a seamless transition when the changes actually take place. I can't say enough about my experience with Kareo over the past 4+ years. Two thumbs up!

Cons

I have spent the last 4+ years thinking of what I don't like about this program, and I have nothing!

Billing with Kareo

I had never done billing before I joined this company. They were using Kareo and am I glad?! It was such an easy thing to learn

Pros

It is so user friendly! And if I do have a problem, all I have to do is chat with a Kareo customer service rep and it will be resolved.

Cons

I haven't found a way to print out a report that doesn't include the accounts we have turned over to collections yet.

Makes my billing easier

I am very happy and easy to bill my docs claims out.

Pros

Kareo billing is one of the best billing platforms I have worked on yet. Very nice. It is very simple to use. I am able to review eobs everyday in a nice format and then proceed to post my normal charges and billing codes. Kareo is always there to help me if I need someone to fall back on also. They have been of great help since I didn't get the proper training to begin with.

Cons

I don't like the way the merchant system stripe is set up within the system. It doesn't let you allocate money in different areas that I need to and Kareo says they are trying to make it better. So this system could be within the system much better.

Support Team

Pros

The Kareo support team has made my experience using Kareo the greatest! Initially, I started using the Kareo Help Center. When I tried to do something out of the ordinary for the first time, I’d get stalled. Then I’d try to figure it out myself in the Help Center. Sometimes that worked; sometimes I spent a lot of time and got nowhere but frustrated! I’d end up calling Customer Support, only to find...

Cons

We are unable to make full use of the automation for posting Remittance electronically for most payers, including Medicare. The problem does not lie exclusively with Kareo; it stems from our TIN and NPI being shared with a Skilled Nursing Facility because we are owned by the same company. We are in the process of obtaining our own NPI number in an effort to be able to change that issue.

Pease of mind

Excellent.

Pros

I enjoy the ease of processing claims and applying them. I can rest assured that if something is not right, I will be alerted to fix. Applying payments is a breeze.

Cons

Sometimes certain ERA's will not apply automatically and need to be entered manually. Slight inconvenience, but I don't think the issue is Kareo. I think it is from the source.

Best pricing

When mandatory e-prescriptions were instituted, I thought that I would need to affiliate with a group, or purchase a very expensive system. Kareo provided the first step, and is now fully integrated.

Pros

It was very easy to install. The support community returns requests for help promptly. For the price, there does not seem to be any better option.

Cons

Occasionally, when an upgrade is in process, there can be a slow down.

Thorough software for billing and PM!

I highly recommend the Kareo Billing software. It was easy to begin using and has remained user-friendly for the last three years.

Pros

I really like the way the software follows traditional RCM and it is easy to see where our delays are coming from within the system.

Cons

The appearance inside the software is a little outdated in my opinion, but the work flow is wonderful.

user friendly

Fantastic! So easy to use and rarely have to call Support. On the occasion that I have needed to call (maybe 5x in the past 10 years) I have rec'd top notch support. Knowledgeable staff and provide quick and easy fixes. They are the easiest company to work with that I have encountered thus far.

Pros

Easy to navigate and tech support is fantastic!

Cons

I would like to be able to remove cases that are inactive

Excellent Software

I work for a family physician and do all of the billing myself. Kareo has helped me organize and manage the billing for the medical practice.

Pros

Self explanatory - all the mechanics of this software are easy to maneuver yourself.

Cons

Reports are a little difficult to determine which is easiest to read

horrible experience

Pros

EMR notes and templates once set-up are shareable with all providers

Cons

The system goes down repeatedly and they cannot fix it. It renders the practice completely inoperational, for example you cannot send electronic medications which here in Florida is the law. You cannot access notes, bill patients, collect copays and are forced to either reschedule everyone or practice unsafe medicines (guessing what medicines they are on and calling them in to write your notes later). This happens for days at a time and the kareo software engineers arent capable of fixing it. It was so bad in january they refunded our monthly bill. Customer support is usless during this time as they read from a script "sorry for the problem." Look elsewhere for EMR if you want one to actually work.

Hello Richard, Thank you sincerely for sharing your experience with us. We are sorry to hear that you've experienced a recent concern. We have recently come across an issue with our ePrescribing function that has at this time been resolved. We are closely observing the resolution and our full attention is on maintaining the integrity of this feature now and going forward. We understand how large of an impact this has on practices, which is our motivation to have a consistent and reliable product. Someone will be reaching out soon to discuss your concerns in more depth. Thank You, Kareo

Kareo Billing review

We think its a pretty good billing software.

Pros

It is pretty self explanatory and easy to navigate.

Cons

We are a small business and we do not like that we have to pay for each provider when we as a small business only bill under one provider . This is to costly for our company .

This reviewer only left a rating

Guilford Youth & Family Services is primarily a youth services bureau with the additional component of a mental health clinic for youth up to the age of 18. Most youth service bureaus in our area have a small counseling program, but very few, like ours, participate in third-party billing. In addition, our caseload ranging from 75 to 90 patients sets us apart. Our previous billing software was cumbersome...

Easy to use..!

We highly recommend Kareo

Pros

Kareo is very easy to use software. And customer service is excellent. First few months when you start using Kareo they follow up with you every few weeks. Highly recommended this software for billing.

Cons

nothing specific that comes to my mind. We haven't had any problem using Kareo. Been using this software for over 3years now.

This reviewer only left a rating

We are an out patient physical therapy facility and started researching new software systems to keep up with the times. Our old system did an adequate job, but we were looking for something with new features. We researched a bunch of systems and decided to switch over to Kareo January 2012. Our intergration was smooth and we were able to call or email our Kareo rep with any questions. We thought the...

Great Software

This is one of the nicest software systems I have used.

Pros

This is an easy system to learn and use. I really like how the ERA show up in the general account information when you click on the charge.

Cons

After posting I would like it show if the payment was put to deductible, copay or coinsurance. Instead of having to into the payment to see how is was applied.

Easy to use, reliable and in our control.

Pros

Before using Kareo we outsourced our medical billing and incurred nothing but lost claims, missed filing deadlines and lack of communication with the vendor. Kareo puts US in charge of our own billing. The software's ease of use is the best ever. Communication between Kareo, the clearinghouse and us is professional and their responses are timely. We have a small business and Kareo is perfect for what we do. The cost is far better than hiring an outside agency to do our work.

Cons

I can't think of anything that isn't good about the software. Of course, we don't do patient scheduling with it, only the insurance billing, and that is perfect for our needs.

Kareo Medical Billing Software Review

Very good

Pros

The software is flexible; can look at data several ways in order to understand what is happening at any one time

Cons

Technical support can sometimes be too willing to pass the ball to the clearinghouse or customer for resolution to confusing issues; inflexibility of filing a replacement claim - have to settle the old one and create a new one

Love Kareo

Kareo is one of the easiest billing systems i have used, and i have billed on many systems. the technical support they supply to you makes it very easy to learn. I feel any one that chooses this billing system will definitely benefit their practice. i have been billing on this system for three years now, and absolutely love it.

Pros

I love all of the tutorials that Kareo makes available to you, its so easy to lean the system

Cons

some of the reports

It gets the job done and at the right price!

When I first started using Kareo their implementation team was awesome. I’ve seen the customer support decline over the years and recently I’m just disappointed in their customer service team.

Pros

I’ve been using Kareo for a little more than four years. It’s a great program that gets my billing down with ease and for a great price!

Cons

The payment posting feature. It’s a little wonky!

excellent practice management software for general outpatient practices

I would like to see more support for creating more personal or customized templates for my wound care practice

Pros

I like the fact that EMR is very user friendly for billing, practice management and clinical documentation from the front end.

Cons

not easy to build customized templates for my specific practice. Could be more friendly for template building for a larger outpatient market

All the reporting options!

Pros

It is very user friendly. It contains a numerous reports and a plethora of options therein. Integration with Practice Fusion is great - even when there was an issue, Kareo and Practice Fusion worked together to solve it.

Cons

An update within the past few months made it a little harder on the eyes, in my opinion. Not sure if the text got smaller or changed font. I wish there was an option to change font style and size within the app on the individual user side.

Highly Recommend!

Kareo billing is great - from the encounter to the settlement of the claims it truly does its job.

Pros

Ease of use, reporting and solid support. Compatible with WebPT.

Cons

Management of the Patient Portal could use some fine tuning. Some of our patients are having a difficult time with it and I'm not sure how to support them on our end.

This reviewer only left a rating

I am the payment manager for a multi-specialty billing company in Florida that services over 70 different providers and groups. We just celebrated our 35th year in business and bill for primary care, plastic surgery, anesthesia, cardiology, urology, and many more. Our company decided to make the change to Kareo in January 2011. At that time we were using an IBM mainframe system. Our old system...

recent changes

Kareo has made things a lot easier for our practice. it includes billing and patient care in one company

Pros

Kareo made some recent changes to the dashboard that makes it hard to navigate. The also included switching back to the old view (which is a lot more user friendly). Often I go to the old view because it is easier to navigate to various locations.

Cons

Kareo made some recent changes to the dashboard that makes it hard to navigate. You can no longer access the patient chart from the dashboard location.

Efficient and User Friendly

Overall I am very happy with the software.

Pros

Identifies program's subcategories easy based on user's needs. Help section is easy and simple to understand in case you need an answer right-away. Patients usually get statements in 24hrs hours based on a feedback I got.

Cons

Section for patient statement: When opening it to send patient statements all patients'names are pre- selected by the software. When not unchecked manually when sending a statement, all patients will get statements, in addition to a one you want to send ; there is a charge for all in that case. It should be unchecked so a user has an option to chose how many or to whom to send a statement to.