Kareo Billing Reviews - Page 7

Change is always hard at first, but Kareo is indispensable

It covers all the aspects we need to keep record and track of claims

Pros

Change is always hard at first, and at first I was not happy. When things are made easier for you and you can not tell; you rebel. I was wrong...the more I used Kareo the more I found it to be so helpful in running a small medical office. Keeping track of charges, billing, claim transmission, and statements all made easy

Cons

The Cons are not as negative as other issues. The program shuts down when an error occurs; yet nothing is ever loss.

Beware

Terrible experience with excessive sales pressure for what I thought was a free trial but actually locked me into a year long contract. I should have read the paperwork more closely. Now I'm stuck with a $1500 cancellation fee versus setting up my practice with an EMR that is a poor fit for my needs. The billing department doesn't care.

Pros

Many features, seems fairly comprehensive in terms of EMR/billing/Rx.

Cons

I'm a solo provider and Kareo is built for a larger practice. I needed a simpler, more streamlined EMR to modify/optimize for my practice. The visit workflow, billing setup and managerial upkeep are way too burdensome and needlessly complicated for my needs.

Hello, Ariele, and thank you for sharing your honest feedback with us. We apologize that Kareo was not a good fit for your practice. We also apologize for any confusion regarding the terms of your agreement. Kareo does not offer a trial period but has offered a period of time at no cost with the signing of an agreement to some customers, as we did in your case. We also are sorry that you felt pressured...

Within the price range, an adequate software program

I am generally satisfied, as I do not think another program at my price point would offer the features and flexibility I was seeking. This program has its quirks, but is very functional. Once I am more familiar with the program, I may feel even more favorably about it.

Pros

Flexible software which combines free-text with templates, allowing for a more individualized progress note. Cost effective for a solo-practitioner, with the required features of scheduling, billing, EHR, electronic prescribing (including controlled substances), and Patient Portal. Customer support for migration from other systems and coaching for success has been plentiful and quite helpful.

Cons

Documentation does require a lot of mouse clicks. The billing component is not particularly intuitive and also requires multiple steps to accomplish what should be fairly simple. Scheduling also has many mouse clicks and is more complex than it should be. The billing platform and the EHR are not the same, and they do not always synchronize with each other, leading to duplicate work.

KAREO BILLING

Pros

IT IS RELATIVELY EASY TO USE AND THE HELP LINE IS FAST AND VERY HELPFUL

Cons

PATIENT STATEMENTS DO NOT SHOW PREVIOUS PATIENT ACTIVITY . PATIENTS COMPLAIN THAT PREVIOUS TRANSACTIONS ARE NOT SHOWN

Things they should say before you sign up

A disaster.

Pros

I have no positive comments other than some unique staff interactions that were not horrible.

Cons

MEDICAL RECORDS ARE OFTEN DELETED. The company has a disclaimer hidden in their service agreement stating they are not responsible for deleted medical records and provide no internal back up system. There are cheaper and more reliable systems out there. A staffer shared with me that they had recently made major internal changes and were suffering through a high load of errors. THE SYSTEM IS OFFLINE...

Hello Melissa, Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We apologize that you had any negative interactions with our support staff, as we are known across our industry for our excellent support. Even though you are no longer a customer with Kareo, we appreciate that you've brought this to our attention. We also apologize for any hardship you experienced due to an outage we had earlier...

Great Practice Management softwhere

This is a great web based practice management system that we have been using for the last four years. The system is kept up to date, with regards to ICD 10 and CPT as well as the regulations for coding. They even provide a free EHR for there customers,

Pros

Excellent customer service and the price is affordable

Cons

Wish the would partner with the smaller insurance companies to accept electronic remittances

Great billing system!

I can access Kareo at home or in the office too--24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Here I am, almost a year out, very happy with my decision to have chosen Kareo and glad I didn't waste my time and money on other billing services.

Pros

I started my own practice from scratch just a little under a year ago. As a solo practitioner, I had to keep costs contained yet be efficient at the same time. Kareo allowed me to do both. I looked at various EMRs and billing systems. In the end, I decided on Practice Fusion which integrates well with Kareo. With Kareo, I felt that the setup process with insurance companies and the clearinghouse...

Cons

Overall, no major cons to report.

Great billing system!

Pros

Cons

Overall, no major cons to report.

Waste of Money

NA

Pros

I don't have any positive statements to make about the software; it was a horrible experience.

Cons

This was my first experience with EHR software. I taught me how to make a more informed decision regarding the next purchase. First, I was hounded by Kareo's sales rep to purchase prematurely. Second, the facilitated training was very ineffective, and would have been helpful if the instructor had included hands on experience during the class. Third, nearly all of the class participants had purchased a subscription expecting Kareo staff to assist them with getting in network with payers. No one in the class was actually ready to use the system. Fourth, the Kareo system's new patient form is extremely lacking. The system does not allow the form to be modified or replaced. Consequently, my staff had to email a new patient form or make it available during the patient visit.

Hello Getty, Thank you for your thorough review. We're sorry to hear you had negative experience with our product. We have been able to identify one training session you participated in and will contact our training team to obtain more details about this instance and provide your feedback. In regards to the participants expecting Kareo to coordinate credentialing services, this has never been offered...

This reviewer only left a rating

Kareo is an amazing medical software product. The BEST on the market as far as we're concerned. Choosing to implement Kareo over 3 years ago was one of the best decision we made for our busy urgent care. Other medical software companies are overpriced and not user friendly. We used a similar system before Kareo. They charged us a high monthly fee plus additional fees for every page we scanned on top...

Cons

Easy to use but no customer support whatsoever

5/10 on a scale of 10. I would like to change to another software but it seems I have to be ready to loos ton of money for my account receivable, but I'm looking hard these days

Pros

Easy use, you can manage your ERA quickly in case you are lucky and get things straight in the beginning, search for patients is easy. update your encounter is 1-2 clicks away

Cons

Customer service, and technical support. Their support is in Asia with people that have little knowledge about technical support. They will leave you on the phone for 25-40 minutes before getting you some body who will brush you off. You have to figure your problems by yourself or suck it up.

Hello Khaled, Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our customers and the quality of our product. I am confidant if given the opportunity, we would be able to address and overcome your concerns. We are having a team member reach out to immediately to discuss any obstacles you've had, and will work closely with you to resolve them. Regards, Kareo

I have been extremely happy with Kareo since day one.

Pros

The software is easy to learn and the support is excellent. They are always there to answer my question and give direction as needed. There is never a dumb question for them. The clearinghouse is also very helpful. I love it because they are always up to date and you do not have to pay extra to keep your billing system current. We did not get into the EHR but I wish we had. It sounds amazing. Another thing it is web-based, so you can work anywhere you are located. We travel in an RV for the last 3 yrs and I have done my billing all over this great country. Sometimes sitting at a lake with a great view.

Cons

I can't think of anything I do not like about Kareo.

Nice Software

Pros

I like the ease of posting payments, it is very easy to see what did not post correctly so that it can be fixed right away when a check does not balance.

Cons

I do not like when you have to correct anything that was posted. It will make you reverse every payment that was posted after the payment that needs to be corrected.

Kareo is the best billing software for small to medium sized practices

Pros

We are a billing company that specializes in small to medium sized practices. We have many clients that use Kareo and we routinely recommend Kareo to our new clients for its ease of use, excellent reporting capabilities and reasonable price. Kareo has an easy to use system for setting up electronic billing, and they continue to make improvements. You are assigned a Customer Care Coach who will hold your hand every step of the way! There customer support is also excellent.

Cons

Kareo is a rapidly growing company. Sometimes my favorite people are prompted up and I don't get to work with them anymore.

Great Software- However they will poach your client and leave you without a job!!!

Shady service, good software

Pros

This software really is a great software for medical billing- has many features and function needed to run a billing office efficiently

Cons

They will do whatever it takes to outsource your billing to them. If you have an inhouse biller they will do what it takes to leave them without a job.

Good bang for your buck

We love Kareo. Been with them for 4 years. Great experience with Kareo

Pros

Kareo is easy to use. "Kid" friendly if you know what I mean. Simplicity at its finest. Best software for the price. Great support

Cons

Only problem we have is the chat sometimes is not available and the support is sometimes not as fast as we would expect

KAREO makes Job easier

Pros

I like the ease of KAREO, reporting ability and the way that it works seamlessly with our EMR software. Also our ability to send out "clean" claims has helped to reduce our payment velocity and reduced the number of rejected claims. Also I the chat support is a great tool to have especially if you are on the East coast.

Cons

Two things that I would to see KAREO change would be having the ability to see visit count on the account and general page. On patient statements, there needs to be a total at the bottom of each column.

Nice features for a reasonable price

Pros

Kareo provides users a full range of features for managing billing and collections, all for a reasonable price. There are a lot of reports that you can customize for most needs.

Cons

Sometimes the claim denials and clearing house rejections are a little nebulous in terms of where the problem lies.

Kareo PM

Overall experience with Kareo is positive. Our sales rep is proactive and is always available to help address our concerns.

Pros

Kareo product is very user friendly and setup is relatively simple.

Cons

There are some data fields that we would like to have and some additional reporting features.

How IFBM values Kareo

our overall experience with Kareo has been a positive one - it's still a good value

Pros

At first, it was not only the ease of using it but it was also the best value, it was also the only one that was recommended by PracticeFusion

Cons

Isolating certain items in a patient's chart to print and verifying insurances

one stop shop

Pros

We like the fact that it's all tied in together, all our ehr, billing and scheduling is all on one program.

Cons

It is a cloud based program so sometimes there are slight glitches and you have to go back and re-do your work. Also their support is sometimes unsure of how to resolve all issues.

Great billing software!

Overall, Kareo is a great fit for our small practice's billing needs.

Pros

Kareo is very user friendly. Easy to navigate. Support is always accessible if any issues arise. Great overall billing software.

Cons

The only con is some of the reports. It would be nice if they were a little more customizable.

Kareo is the best!

I throughly enjoy Kareo over all the other biling softwares that we have access and ability to use.

Pros

The easy of use and being able to add, adjust, transfer information.

Cons

Some reports that I need are just not available and not being able to transfer from one to another case.

I like this product because of the ease of use.

Pros

After years of posting and billing manually I started using Kareo's Practice Management System for billing and posting. It has saved me hours of time and the quality of their software is so easy to use. I cannot say enough about the support team of Kareo. They follow through with any issue, they always have an answer, they are friendly, knowledgeable and professional. I enjoy the learning they exhibit in each call!

Cons

I thought about this for a long time and I am not sure I have an answer of what I like least - maybe because as a client I am not able to speak to the vendor directly.

Functional EMR with Ease of Use

Amazing!!!! Recommend to any practice

Pros

Extremely functional, integration to practice processes is extremely amazing, improves overall efficiency for providers and sTaff

Cons

It doesn’t collect from patients for me. It doesn’t do payroll for me. It doesn’t integrate with my quick books