Macrostax Team Logo

Nutrition software for gym owners and personal trainers

Macrostax Team Reviews

Suggested alternatives

everfit
foodzilla
mindbody

Love love love!!! Recommend to everyone that supports others in their nutrition journeys. There is seriously sooooo much value here.
I love how it makes it so easy to help clients, and to track their progress. I love to be able to hold our clients more accountable and help them in with their nutrition goals.

Heidi R.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

The complexity of getting lean & building muscle made simple

100% awesome. I love it, recommend it and coach all day on Macrostax.

Pros

I like that Macrostax has so many food options and recipes available for a wide variety of styles of eating. Be it vegan, GF, or lactose intolerant a person has options to fill thier macros and to have great success with real food real nutrients. The Diet game does not work, its a plan of deprivation that most time humans yoyo from. This way of living, counting your correct macros for your body type and your fitness and health goals works and your not deprived. you can have all kinds of delicious real food.

Cons

I liked what they had before was an option to fill my macros and all your meals were in for the day and you could just make that and know your on track.. hopefully they bring that back.

Thank you for your review, Heidi! Proper nutrition that gym owners and coaches can rely on remains the backbone behind our software and a key differentiator. We hope you continue to coach on Macrostax!

ER

Erin R.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

A great tool for evaluating clients' nutrition!

I do truly love helping my clients with their nutrition as well as providing them their personal training. Macrostax provides the full package for me to give my best to my clients. I've also had fantastic customer service with Macrostax Team.

Pros

I love Macrostax Team as a NASM Certified Nutrition Coach because it allows me to assess and evaluate clients' habits, provide feedback, coach each client individually based on actual food intake, and I can do that all when it works into my schedule later in the day after providing strength and cardio training my clients.

Cons

Macrostax Team is expensive to initiate if you've already established pricing for clients, and don't necessarily want to up your prices with existing clients. We were already using LoseIt app (free), but I decided to switch for the ability of seeing their food choices and portions later in the day.

Thanks for your review, Erin! So glad to hear that as an expert in your field having used other services, you find the software valuable for clients!

CJ

Clint J.

Team Review

So far so good. I’m currently completing week 1 of our 6-week challenge.

Pros

Working with nutrition coach [sensitive content hidden] on the challenges

Cons

No nutrition mindset training with the app

Thank you for your review, Clint!

EP

Eric P.

Great product

A very positive experience overall. I would recommend it to other coaches

Pros

Macrostax teams allows me to work with my clients on an individual basis. The program has the flexibility to customize macros and meal plans for each individual based on my nutrition coaching plan and their goals. It adds a layer of accountability both my clients and I find valuable. The user experience is better than most other meal planning and tracking apps, and I have heard this from numerous clients.

Cons

What I like least is the inability to access coaching features from the phone application. I have to have my computer available to review client diaries and chat with clients. Having a coaching app would be extremely valuable to coaches who are not always able to access a computer.

Thanks for your review, Eric! We are happy to hear that you are able to provide extra value to your clients, and having a more responsive mobile view of our dashboard is on our roadmap!

BR

Brendon R.

Events Services, 1-10 employees

Nutrition on autopilot

[sensitive content hidden] was extremely helpful and responsive!

Pros

Super easy to setup, [sensitive content hidden] is awesome. Lots of support and completely customizable to put your own branding on it.

Cons

Integration with Inbody is not available. It's a bit cumbersome until you get used to it. Having problems with our members adopting it.

Thanks for your review, Brendon! I'm glad our team is available to provide the support you need.

SD

Sara D.

Great Member Add-on

The person I spoke with initially was extremely helpful and walked me through everything I needed to get started. It’s a very simple process to kick everything off and I really haven’t had to interact with Team much because it’s just that easy.

Pros

My members were excited to have a nutrition element to add to their fitness routine. Macrostax is super easy to get started on and easy for one of my coaches to oversee, so far, I am also getting great reviews from members who had been plateaued that shifting the way they look at their diet has started to show some movement.

Cons

I wish there were better support graphics, and PR material for social campaigns.

Thank you for your review, Sara! We are excited to hear that your members are enjoying this addition to their health and wellness routine!

DP

Dwayne P.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

F45 Ajax/Guildwood

Pros

As a coach you can see the daily progress of members and create challenges

Cons

Not user friendly. Wish it had more feature to input daily calories burned, tracking water as a green thumb

Hi Dwayne, thanks for the review! I'm happy to hear that you are able to easily track daily progress of all your members. We recently added micronutrient tracking to our app, and hope to add water soon!

BW

Bill W.

Right on Time

Pros

I needed an all in one solution for nutrition coaching and Macrostax delivered.

Cons

Inability to input client side meal planning. I’d like the ability to plan and input meals and recipes for my clients to use

Thanks for your review, Bill! So glad to hear Macrostax Team is your all in one solution!

RB

Rachel B.

Love the app!

Great!! Very simple and easy to use. Love it!

Pros

The ease of use!! Easy to navigate, see what clients are doing and adjust numbers where needed.

Cons

Wish there was a meal plan option that clients could touch a button and it pulls together meals to fit their macros.

Thanks for the review, Rachel!

PB

Peter B.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Great tool

Pros

Customer chat function and customization of macros

Cons

Nothing it is a great app. Very valuable

Hi Peter, I'm glad you find great value in this tool for your clients!

JA

Jaime A.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Fantastic for our small fitness studio

The ease of use is great for both our clients and myself and coaches. It allows me to know where to focus based on which clients are not tracking/ not tracking closely to their goals and helps me save so much time! It's been a great add on for our small group fitness studio and we have several members requesting to try it out now that word of mouth is getting around.

Pros

We had been looking for a system to help us guide our clients about nutrition (it is illegal in NJ for us to provide this advice directly without a Dietetics or Nutritionist degree/ state certification). This allows us to compliantly help them on the their health and fitness journey, while making it easy for us to see their activity, their progress etc. It allows me to know where to focus/ start based on which clients are not tracking/ not tracking closely to their goals and helps me save so much time!

Cons

We haven't had any real issues - as part of the pilot, the team has been great at discussing feedback and suggestions we have made and I think the Team system that has rolled out to a broader group is awesome!

Thank you, Jaime! We love having you a part of Macrostax Team and glad to help both you and your clients on your nutrition journey, while staying compliant for state laws. Your feedback is invaluable to us. Thank you for being a loyal customer.

RC

Ronnie C.

Love this app!

It's great. I have really good experience with this company. I am not planning to leave.

Pros

Very user friendly and the ladies who work for this company are always ready to help me. They are awesome!

Cons

I wish there could be more training for team members (like me) who struggle with nutrition, or how to have talking sale points so we can use it for clients who are on the fence. It would be awesome to have a monthly (recorded) seminar with others who are very successful with this app and what they are doing and get ideas. Also, maybe adding some more ideas/samples of nutrition challenges ready to just copy and launch. I used to work in a big company where the nutritionist would leave monthly Challege ideas in a google folder where trainers could in and use for their clients and departments. It was awesome! and the entire team double their sales. Just a thought.

Thanks for your review, Ronnie! We are so glad to hear that you are finding the app and software useful for teaching your clients about macros.

LE

Lisa E.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Great for Crossfit gym and also general weight loss clients

I think this is helping engagement and will help retention at our gym.

Pros

This is so easy to use. I even had a client quit the weight loss program he had been paying $$$$ for for years, because this app did for him what that program couldn't. He went from "I'm not ready to make meals for myself yet," to "I can't believe how easy this is." He is now grocery shopping and planning ahead and having great success. Our gym clients are also having great success cutting fat (many who have never known how before, despite being Crossfitters for years)! Our coaches love it as well, and we are people with LOTS of experience cutting, massing, and using other programs/apps!

Cons

There is nothing I haven't liked that I can think of!

Lisa, thank you so much for your review! We are SO happy to hear that your members (and your coaches) are finding the program to be life-changing and that you are able to use proper nutrition as a tool to help your business as well!

SC

Sam C.

Game changing.

I love the company and the people who work for Macrostax. I’ve used this personally for a long time before offering it to my clients and it’s been life changing for me AND for them.

Pros

I love having instant access to my clients’ food planners so I can help in real time. I love the features and how it integrates so well with teaching people the basics of meal prep and tracking.

Cons

I didn’t love the price point until I realized I could offer this is a passive option for my clients at a lower price point to them. Now that I’ve figured out how to leverage that toward the cost, I’m irritated I didn’t think of it sooner. Now it’s no problem.

Thank you for your review, Sam! We are so glad to hear that you have found a perfect solution for your business, and not only that it is helping you now, but that it is LIFE changing as well! Thanks for being a loyal customer.

ga

gloria a.

Best Nutrition Tracking program in the market

Pros

This program is so easy to use. I love the ability it gives clients to track their weight progress and track their foods. It also has a big library of free recipes for clients to use. I highly recommend this to professionals looking for a program that is easy to use for both the company and their clients.

Cons

I wish the billing options existed for businesses with smaller client bases

Hi Gloria, thank you for your review! Glad you love the software!

AY

Albert Y.

Excellent for the job!

So far , so good. My first month, after the trial period, I signed up 17 clients. My plan is to grow and spread the word more. It does not take much time to contact clients and lead them in the right direction to get positive results. Clients are already seeing results in the first four weeks.

Pros

I am glad I found Macrostax Team instead of spending more time on individuals. App is easy to use for clients and everyone seems to find it easy to manage daily and weekly.

Cons

I have contacted Macrostax in regards to being able to chat/message right from the app to clients. I was immediately contacted back and was told that this feature will be added in the next few weeks. This will make things so much easier for communication.

Thank you for your review, Albert! We're happy to hear you've gained traction at your gym so fast, in under a month!

CD

Cari D.

Recreational Facilities and Services, self-employed

Macrostax is a great Nutrition App!

I love that I've found Macrostax and it allows me to offer an easy to use Nutrition Coaching program to my members to balance their nutrition and fintess!

Pros

Macrostax has been great from the beginning! Customer support is fantastic! They are quick to answer questions and are very helpful.I love that I can see at a glance how well my members are using the app and how well they are managing their macros. That allows me to offer better service to my members by know who needs more guidance.My favorite part of the app is having recipes built into the app which makes it easy to plan healthy balanced meals.

Cons

Accessing Macro Details is kind of hidden. I found it by accident.

Thank you for your review, Cari! We are so happy to hear that the Team dashboard is giving you great insights to improve your customer service. And happy to hear you are loving the recipes as well!

SW

Sara W.

Professional Training & Coaching, self-employed

Macrostax makes it easy

Pros

I like that I can see what my clients are doing.

Cons

I see no issues, maybe make it a little cheaper for us small businesses

Thank you for your review, Sara!

GD

Gianfranco D.

Nutrition App

Pros

Customer service is fast and reliable. Been working with them since before they had an app. Like to see how much they have grown.

Cons

Nothing they are awesome. They answer all your questions and also have constant updates to make their services better.

Thank you for being a loyal customer, Franco!

RP

Rebecca P.

Food Production, 11-50 employees

I Love Macro Stax.

I love MacroStax for personal use as well as Team. Customer service is incredible.

Pros

I love the fact that I can see all of my active clients on one page. I love that I can track their progress / planners from my phone also as I am always called on to take a look at a meal, day, etc. when I am out and about.

Cons

I would like to be able to have my clients list the time they ate a food item or meal. Would love the old feature back that told you what to do with your leftover Macros.

HI Rebecca, thank you so much for your review!

KL

Karri L.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Nutrition Simplified

Love love love!!! Recommend to everyone that supports others in their nutrition journeys. There is seriously sooooo much value here!

Pros

Love how the app takes the guesswork out and you know exactly what your client is consuming in real time! No waiting for food journals/logs… that may or may not ever be shared.

Cons

I wish the chat window could open for the client while viewing their planners/calendars. I just use two devices to be more efficient.

Thanks for your review! So glad you are finding the software helpful for your gym.

MH

Megan H.

Love the results!

This is a tool that helps my clients stay accountable. I am still teaching and coaching them as a nutritionist but the accountability is still on them to put the work in and change their way of eating for their results. The tools, the coaching, education, motivatation, accountability are all pieces of the puzzle of total nutrtion focused wellness.

Pros

I love being able to see the progress my clients are making and their nutrition logs to help actively coach them on their choices. Love seeing their progess charts. It's great data to support my coaching and their needs. I also like the custom adjustments I can make for health factors.

Cons

Once I delete or remove their activation a client, I want them out of my main roster without having to try to filter through them. My clients also wish they could track their water intake.

Thank you for your review, Megan! We are so glad Macrostax Team is helping support your coaching needs.

TK

Tina K.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Growth potential with more clients

My overall experience has been great because Macrostax team allows me to coach numerous clients all in one dashboard.

Pros

I love the feature of being able to see clients progress and meal adherence. I can coach clients in real time. I can guide them with strategies and options they cannot see themselves.

Cons

I feel like a messaging, comment or client note option should be integrated so that both client and Coach can be on the same page. This has to be done on a separate platform.

Thank you for your review, Tina! We are so glad Macrostax Team has helped you as a nutrition coach.

AL

Andy L.

Macrostax at CrossFit Natural State

Macrostax has allowed me to bring clients onboard faster and more efficiently than ever before. Game changer.

Pros

Macrostax gave me the tools needed to put nutrition back at the forefront of our gym. Coaching is way easier, and client management is no longer such a burden.

Cons

There are no downsides to Macrostax Team.

Thank you for your review, Andy! Happy to hear that you are able to easily prioritize nutrition as an offer at your gym.

SV

Stephanie V.

I love it!

I love every aspect of this. Now if I could actually plan and use the recipes too haha.

Pros

I LOVE the attention to many different levels in the set-up. Reverse dieting, fat loss, maintain, and build. I also just love and all of the support.

Cons

I wish I could have a group chat on the platform

Thank you for your review, Stephanie! We're glad the Macrostax platform has the flexibility to fit all your clients' different goals