MatrixCare Skilled Nursing Facility Logo

Suggested alternatives

eldermark
awards
taskmaster-pro

What i like the most is how responsive the company and team are. Wondering if the software can do something.
That's just plan foolish. On reports the date does not default to current date and then you change from that if needed - cumbersome and illogical.
It's quite frustrating because it happens often.

MM

Markus M.

Thankful we went with MatrixCare

Excellent and very responsive!

Pros

It is very comprehensive and meets all of our clinical, admission, census, and billing needs. The BEST part is MatrixCare is always upgrading and improving as the needs change, changes are not based on what programmers think would be cool, changes and improvements are all based on the input and feedback from users! Implementation process was AMAZING!!! Full road map provided to implement system, ongoing support throughout process, customized to our needs, and full optimization review at the end to determine what needs greater focus to maximize.

Cons

I really have n0 complaints regarding the product or services.

CR

Chris R.

Good review

We have had good overall experience with the program. It is easy for one user to teach another user the functions needed for their daily tasks.

Pros

It is easy to use. When we first started implementing it, there was a lot of assistance with set-up and training.

Cons

The price keeps going up. There may be features added that we are unaware of and could be using. Some employees have a need to have multiple log-ins due to not being able to access certain features with their original templates. It is difficult to go back and set-up new forms or change forms. There are very few staff left at our facility that know how to navigate this process.

CT

Char T.

Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

Antiquated and out of touch with today's world

SNF was ok. You folks are clueless about Senior Living other than nursing home.

Pros

The nursing home software. The outstanding tech support folks

Cons

What a mess! 1. We were told in 2013 when we bought this for our nursing home, that "they" were putting in a fix for the phone numbers to "jump" from one space to the next. Almost 8 years later, "they" have never done this. 2. You can add physicians from your corporate capabilities but you cannot add a pharmacy. 3. There are SKADS of mandated fields that should be optional. Example - you may or may...

TR

Tina R.

Medical Practice, 501-1,000 employees

All computer knowledge ease of use

Easier to use than many others available.

Pros

Ease of use, easy to learn even for those with limited computer knowledge. Wide variety of report options. The ability to set up multiple user profiles.

Cons

Inability to create certain reports. Wish it had additional census line options.

MP

Michelle P.

We love MatrixCare

Pros

Post implementation support was simply outstanding.

Cons

When I provide a suggestion, I would like feedback as to when it might be implemented or where they are in the process.

RT

ROSEMARIE T.

Matrix reveiw

I am satisfied with Matrix. I find it easy to move around in the system. I have a lot of rights as the administrator of the facility, so I can see what is new and available.

Pros

all discipline's progress notes are in one place. I can get the picture of the resident in one place. It has observations and events. They assist in getting a clear picture for completing the MDS. Our organization is an Institute for Mental Disease, IMD, 2 smaller nursing homes and assisted livings. Our needs are diverse. Matrix can accommodate the different needs within the organization. We can customize observations, etc. I have given feed back to other organizations thinking about changing to Matrix.

Cons

The piecemeal costs. I am a small facility within a larger organization. I run a 37 bed SNF. As a smaller facility, it is hard to sell the cost, if the rest of the organization doesn't need the particular add on.

RA

Rae-Ann G.

Medical Practice, 1,001-5,000 employees

Skilled Nursing Service Review

Excellent reporting and data abstraction. We are given so many tools to track and monitor our success.

Pros

I have a lot of positive items to point out relating to MatrixCare Software. It is very reliable and is almost never down. Actually, I don't remember the last time the system went down. I would venture to guess it's been more than 18 months for our facilities. The communication of product enhancement is wonderful. The help desk staff is always very friendly and helpful when calling with questions. The CCD for resident transfers to hospital hits all the necessary and important documentation for a safe transfer to the hosptial or home. The ease of printing client records and resident documents is a huge positive. This is just to mention a few items that I enjoy most about the system.

Cons

Sometimes something added to a wish list can take quite a long time before it is added to an upgrade.

TT

Teri T.

MatrixCare EHR for Skilled Nursing Facilities

Have worked with this product for 18 yrs in SNF and assisted living

Pros

Easy to use and implement. Can customize many of the forms if you choose without difficulty. Both clinicians and billing like this product. Integrates with Great Plains and several other software products

Cons

Would like it to communicate better with our assisted living communities

KK

Kim K.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

MatrixCare streamlines information across departments

Excellent service and follow-up. Willing to assist us with issues quickly.

Pros

Provides resources to bring together information across various departments into one location and helps to reduce paper files.

Cons

Reports fall a bit short in obtaining information we would like to have on a single report.

CM

Corinne M.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

MatrixCare is an outstanding choice for EHR

Pros

Easy to navigate, great support. Everything you need at your fingertips

Cons

Fees for some upgrades shoule be removed

RB

Rachel B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Good Software; Great Software Customer Service

I have been very happy. It has been a good fit for me and our organization.

Pros

What i like the most is how responsive the company and team are. Wondering if the software can do something? Wondering if there is a report that can give you what you need? The team is AMAZING and getting back to you and giving you answers. If they can't find a way to give you what you need, they will create it!

Cons

The only real complaint i have is that at times it feels inefficient. A lot of clicks to get where you need to go to sometimes, comparatively speaking. Some software is definitely more friendly to flip to the next patient or quickly search for a different patient.

LS

Lisa S.

Commercial Real Estate, 201-500 employees

after the sales pitch, very frustrating

I would not recommend this product to anyone. MatrixCare has taken our facility back 10 years. Normal daily functions are split because very little is able to be accomplished at a corporate level but have to be accomplished facility by facility (we have 7 facilities!!!), so many of our reports that need to be run week by week are taking us 7 times longer.

Pros

Very little...but I do have to say that their staff try really hard to fix problems. Unfortunately, most of whom I've spoken with do not have the rights to correct most of the issues that I call in for.

Cons

We are unable to customize to our needs, and if customization is needed, it will happen ONLY if other facilities request the same "customization". Getting and keeping users in the system is next to impossible with the built in requirements by MatrixCare. We have been working with their customer service for almost a year on 2 different problems we've experienced from the start, beginning this past Feb., still working on it. We were promised, not once but SEVERAL times during the sales pitch that updates would be 10-15 minutes and extremely unnoticeable...in less than a year our NOC shift has had over 50 HOURS of downtime because of all of the (4 HOUR) updates. Sometimes updates are run not once, but several times a month, each at 4 hours downtime.

KM

Kaitlin M.

User Friendly (mostly)

Pros

As a user, I feel like I understand how most areas within MaxtrixCare work. The dashboard is my favorite part so I can easily click on different aspects of care. I also like the grid box on the upper left corner where I can find areas/categories of care where I use most often.

Cons

Sometimes when I'm writing a note or observation, other windows with pop over what I'm writing or vice versa, and the window I'm writing on will pop under a different window. It's quite frustrating because it happens often. I also do not like that if you have an observation open, and you go to add a progress note, the observation immediately closes and does not save.

EH

Elizabeth H.

MatrixCare Skilled Nursing Facility Software

Homestead has had a very satisfying experience with MatrixCare. As our facility accesses the newer aspects of MatrixCare, we find functionality for options which may not have been available in earlier versions of the software.

Pros

Using MatrixCare for over 15 years, I find it is very user friendly and easy to train. It provides our facility with the access and information needed to care for our residents. Customer support is very professional and promptly addresses issues we may experience.

Cons

Some aspects of reporting, setting up features, or making changes are cumbersome. Security templates are too rigid especially for smaller facilities where staff overlap in functions.

Rs

Ruth s.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Matrix at a long term care facility

Pros

I am pretty familiar with the software at this point I know it better than other systems. I can use many of the reports to collect data. I don't have a functional data system within matrix so I still have to convert the reports to charts on my own.

Cons

I dislike that the add ons are so expensive and thus we don't have most of them. I dislike care assist but I also disliked the previous MAR setup. I think care assist is better than the previous, some of what I dislike about it could be altered at the facility level.

SB

Susan B.

Best software for SNF LTC

MatrixCare has been one of the best software solutions for our organization.

Pros

The company is forward thinking and works to best tailor the product to the current regulatory needs of the SNF

Cons

Some areas could use an update to help improve communication with other employees/vendors/physicians through their internal message system.

MB

Michael B.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Serves its purpose for my field

Good, serves its purpose, but would like to see an upgraded version, more user friendly with drop down menus.

Pros

I used this software while working as a discharge planner in a nursing home. It was easy in terms of documentation.

Cons

Some features are not available on the care planning option such as drop down menus. In addition, trying to get specific things narrowed down by category is not easy, or simply not possible on this version. Also, the services would drop more often than should be expected, causing inconvenience while trying to work.

GK

George K.

Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees

A must try

Overall experience is great, compared to another product we are now using. I would definitely prefer to go back to Matrixcare

Pros

Ease of use, quick to learn, efficient workflows, able to quickly verify orders

Cons

Lack of integration with labs, clutter of the EMAR,

JH

Jennifer H.

Matrix Care Review

The current API that we can add face sheets from our other software is time saving but again other API's are needed to increase efficiency.

Pros

I like Matrix Care. When on boarding new hires, Matrix is almost self explanatory. It doesn't take much time for new hires to use this software error free. Would recommend to new companies searching for a new software.

Cons

Would like more API's to integrate into our other systems.

NC

NATHAN C.

Medical Practice, 51-200 employees

Very user Friendly

Pros

Very easy to learn and use. Customer service is excellent!

Cons

There are a few features that could be improved in the resident trust modual.

SJ

Shakema J.

Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees

Millennium software!

I think all nursing facilities need it. It's very useful and very effective in the functional system.

Pros

It's so well put together and organized. If your working in the healthcare field it's a must to have this software.

Cons

The software goes down for servicing and itight be during the times you have to document or chart.

LL

Laurence L.

One Platform

Fantastic experience and history with MatrixCare

Pros

We will soon be adding Mealtracker and Accounting functionality which will allow us to have medical records and these other functions all on one platform.

Cons

Can't think of anything, the functionality of product works for us.

ER

Erin R.

Brookside Rocks!!

Great!

Pros

I like that it's thorough and simple to use and easy to train a person how to use.

Cons

Dislikes is that nursing aide don't have the option to go back and correct if they mis charged. The other software I used before allows that option and I found it very nice.

TW

Tikeesha W.

AR employee review

Pros

This product is one of the easier to use for long term care billing that I have used in past. Customer support is amazing.

Cons

Some reports could be more easily found/identified. Same with navigating the entry areas for certain demographics.

AS

Allyson S.

Great Software, easy to use

Pros

From my standpoint in medical records, I feel the software is very user friendly. It's easy to use & easy to customize to my specific needs.

Cons

I don't know of anything off the top of my head, that i don't like about the product.