Maxident Logo

4.2

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.13/10

Reviews by rating

I love the ease of use, as well as the options in the charting and billing such as super codes and perio dictation of probe depths, gingival levels, bleeding and such.
He goes above and beyond in his quest for customer service excellence and is a huge asset to this company.
They most likely do not fixed my problem. So, the problem is always there.
It makes difficult sending pre determinations to the insurance.

NK

Nancy K.

Great Customer Support

I am new to the dental office work place and I initially found the Maxident software to be overwhelming and cumbersome. I have spent many hours learning the ins and outs of it, and now find it to be a very all encompassing and hard working and stable program. The thing that puts this software at the top of my list is the excellent customer support. After using Maxident for about 6 months I requested...

Pros

great data base - holds tons of information on each patient. good recall system, integrates well with insurance companies. great customer support

Cons

it is a bit overwhelming to learn, help files are confusing. not flexible for individual needs (but company will try to accommodate special requests). very large and all encompassing - maybe too much for our specific needs.

LH

Lucia H.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Tracking

Maxident is very flexible and easy to use. Tech support is great; the techs are eager to help. Having unlimited support is hugely valuable to me.

Pros

The audit trail built into Maxident helps me keep tabs on what the staff are doing. Changes made to information such as appointment bookings are tracked and let me see who made changes and when. This helps with a number of things, but even on a basic level, if there are questions, you know who to ask for details. You always know who did the work.

Cons

The mandatory reports printed when closing the day.

JT

Jaklin T.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

I am not satisfy with your service .

To be honest, the most thing I hate about this software is the technical support, very unreliable always have to leave a message to get help never answers your call right away, sometimes you need a fast reply, and most of the people working can not give you the right support, maybe two people only in this company who know exactly how to help the rest are useless even I am paying monthly fees which I think it is too much compared to the service I am getting, yesterday we had to leave three messages asking for help they get back to me today when I already fixed the problem I am still having errors happen every day during work no one was able to figure out why we are getting this error message and of course, they could not fix it and we are still suffering from delaying work every day

Pros

Maybe, in the beginning, will look easy to use but after many years of using it you will discover many defects in the software, and many manual corrections need to be done most of the time

Cons

Entering payments is the most common daily struggle with this software especially if the software is calculated wrong I mean when we send a claim most of the time there is a difference between the right amount we are getting from the insurance and the calculation of the software which is expected sometimes but to correct is the most difficult thing to do with this software, you have to keep trying to get it right

Pl

Perri-lynne B.

Very pleased with the Company people and Program!

The software is the Office Guru! If it is not working, nothing works! Benefits in Office Smoothness, in communication front end to back, Office to Patient, Dentist to Receptionist. Many Many Benefits.

Pros

Ease to ask for help! By email (response is quick) or by phone (again - they get back to us quickly).

Cons

Nothing to compare to as we have been using this software for over 10 years. Of the different areas - maxident, maxiviewer and maxi chart - probably the charting is the hardest as each dentist, hyg and dental assistant has their own way of charting.

MP

Marisa P.

11-50 employees

Kris and Noel are absolutely wonderful employees!

The Maxident team always provides quick resolution to any issues. Customer support, techs and administration is always polite, friendly and effective. Excellent customer care. Thank you Maxident!

Pros

At a glance the software at appears to be intimidating... but it really isn't! Very simple and straightforward. User friendly.

Cons

Some tabs/options are not useful. They can be removed for more simplicity Examples: 1. User defined tab in the patient's ledger. 2. Copy name and adress

JT

Jaklin T.

Frustrating

My overall experience is not happy at all and disappointed. Whenever I tried to call and explain my problem many times, they were late to reply. The services isn't what I expected. Technicians do not have enough experience. comparing to what they used to have when I got this software. Whenever I tried to call them, they always put me on hold for too long, promising someone would answer you, but they ended up making me to leave a message, and then hung up. I emailed them and they never reply. They most likely do not fixed my problem. So, the problem is always there.

Pros

The ONLY thing I like about this software is that it is easy to use.

Cons

The least thing I like about this software is that it is SLOW to respond.

Hi Jaklin, Thanks for letting us know. We apologize for this experience. Our technicians are always available by dialing their direct line, our 1-800 number, emailing the SuccessTeam or opening a ticket online (through your unique link). Also, if you are not getting an answer quick enough, you can always call directly, email or text your Account Manager to ensure you are getting the exceptional service level that we promise. As a last resort, you can always reach our CEO directly, to ensure your clinic can operate not only properly, but efficiently and optimally.

HD

H D.

A MUST READ REVIEW

The representative made our transition into the Maxident program seamless. Maxident has reduced time spent when confirming and communicating with patients through the MaxiReminder feature, which has been well received by our patient base. The paperless option has given us confidence in maintaining patient confidentiality and accuracy . MaxiVault has been trustworthy in retaining secure data back up. Overall Maxident has proven to be an informative, productive, and a pleasure to use.

Pros

The ease of use and options available

Cons

Being unable to customize our medical and dental questionaire

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your experience with us! We are very happy to hear that you are enjoying our products and getting the most out of what MaxiDent has to offer. Your feedback on wanting to customize the Medical and Dental Questionnaire is greatly appreciated; did you know that you can add additional questions to the bottom of the Medical History Questionnaire? We look forward to working with you and assist in achieving your ideal practice. Thanks again for your great review! The MaxiDent Team

DO

Dr. Olga R.

NO DOWN TIME WITH THE MAXIDENT!

I purchased a practice which already had the MaxiDent program. As a new owner there were many changes that I wanted to implement right away. I was able to work with the MaxiDent staff and easily learn the software and get the most out of my practice. MaxiDent is an innovative, easy to use dental software program and it allows me to do all of my work with one software management system. MaxiDent...

SM

Shradha M.

Most used dental software

Pros

Customer service is awesome and they make sure you are helped through out the process.

Cons

It makes difficult sending pre determinations to the insurance. Lengthy procedure and not much user friendly.

Thanks Shradha! We're thrilled that you are enjoying the usage of Maxident. Please reach out to your dedicated Account Manager and he will arrange for a training session, to show you a quick and easy process to send pre-determinations. Thank you again, The Maxident Team

JE

Juline E.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

MaxiChart Review

Our company like using Maxident, its fairly user friendly and the support staff are great when we are in need of help.

Pros

This software will allow us to use less paper, thus allowing us to have more office space and it will be quicker to make treatment plans.

Cons

With anything new it will take some time to find a "new way" of doing things. There are many new steps in which we must learn.

JI

Jennifer I.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Unparalleled Customer Service

Pros

The customer service and rapid response times of both [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], they make themselves available during OFF hours to respond to inquiries. They both intuitively know what i would like the software to do, in order to guide me to the correct locations. they provide valuable tools that save me from training new employees on the software from scratch. Thank you!

Cons

Clicking on patient's name within the various reports that are run, to bring me right into the patient's chart. Certain reports could be simplified

SF

Sandie F.

Hospital & Health Care, self-employed

good customer service

Truthfully until we are able in BC to bill electronically in all insurance I don't feel the cost is worth the benefit. If I had remained on a paper chart I would be debt free. It is one of the I've made that I view as a financial mistake It's really agrevating dealing with updates and extra costs. I tell starts ups BC to seriously consider $ before making the plung. I know hygienists that are debt free and profitable with paper charts that are very professional and progressive.I can chart faster in the way I like on a paper chart. I do overall love the product. I bought in too soon.

Pros

I'm very used to it. I like the possibilities with the prescription pad. I like the accessibility of chart notes

Cons

Not on mac. Slow awkward perio chart. Abbreviations on perio chart not what I would choose and they aren't adjustable.

WC

Wilfred C.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Maxident basic license is free

Good for offices starting out. Can do the basic scheduling and billing.

Pros

The entire setup is free to start. Once you have it setup, you do need to pay some fees for maintenance and add ons. Customer service is great. They had my 2nd server setup in a few hours. Integrated charting, xrays, and is feature loaded.

Cons

Ledger not as easy to use as other dental systems. Digital charting and xray imaging require a one time setup fee.

EG

Elizabeth G.

Used other for 1-2 years

maxident

Pros

The different screens are bright and have large font.

Cons

The program is very old school and doesn't allow for as many add ons as other software. Also their customer service is not great.

Hi Elizabeth, Thank you for your review and feedback. Your office has not been on support since February 2017. You have been missing out on many updates and services we offer. To ensure you know about everything that is available within the Maxident suite of products, I will have your Account Manager James reach out and discuss. We appreciate all opportunities to improve and deliver exceptional service to our clients.

DM

Denise M.

It was a bit of a rocky start, however the customer service is exceptional. Motivated to help you.

It runs my business so my benefit is productivity.

Pros

Cons

I would like to be able to add things to the charting terms, however I honestly cant say that you cant already and I'm just not aware of how to do it yet?

Hi Denise, thank you for your truly uplifting review. Exceptional customer service is our number one priority and we're glad to hear that you had such a beneficial experience. For any help or questions you may have, don't hesitate to contact our support team and they will be happy to assist you.

KT

Kelly T.

maxident review

Pros

Some of the features are easy to access and provide quick information.

Cons

The software is archaic and doesn't allow add ons that would increase productivity without a hefty fee.

CS

Catherine S.

maxident

Pros

The navigation is fairly straight forward to navigate.

Cons

The software is difficult to upgrade, doesn't have a lot of built in high tech features and customer service is difficult.

BW

Barbara W.

An Incredible, Helpful, Caring Company

What a tremendous, fair, honest, and helpful company. Their employees are patient, hard working and exceptionally understanding. With out the backing of Cheryl and all the support staff I am sure I would have gone absolutely insane by now. We have been with Maxident since Maxident soon started. We had to change computer companies due to technology. The other company was excellent but things happen. What more can I say but this is a tremendous and exceptional family atmosphere/company. They CARE. Thank you Maxident for being there for me and with me for all these years. From a growing offices to a Big office to a smaller office. You have been there all the way. Thank you so much Maxident.

RO

Rhonda O.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

Maxident is Ok

Pros

Honestly, I could not pinpoint what I like most. I prefer different software

Cons

I am not fond of the ledger system / a/r system in Maxident. I have worked with better.

BW

Bev W.

Look no further!!!

I was introduced to Maxident Software Systems 8 years ago. I purchased the Hygienist Maxident System for my Dental Hygiene Office and have supported this amazing company ever since. The software is always up to date. The company stays on the cutting edge of technology and business owners requests. Their support team are efficient and respond to all calls exponentially. Take time to call to see how to make your office and team the best it can be. I now offer training seminars for Dental Hygienists looking to be business owners and Maxident software systems are part of my course content when it comes to purchasing a system that fits dental hygiene needs.

KM

Kristin M.

We love maxident!

We just completed an over the phone training program with Maxident for an extended feature and it was AMAZING! Customer support representative is very knowledgeable and made learning the new system very easy. We are excited to try the new program and all it has to offer. I would really recommend Maxident as it is super user friendly, bright and colorful and reliable. We have been using it for over 2 years now and the staff are always a phone call away to help if needed! 5 STARS FROM US !

Cons

Thanks Kristin! You¿re always fun to work with! So friendly and happy every time we talk!

SD

Sally D.

Easy, user friendly software

I have been in dentistry for over 10 years now working in the front end for most of them. I have used a few different dental software programs and with out a doubt Maxident is the easiest, simplest, most user friendly program. The customer service as well is always outstanding. When we have an issue it is resolved immediately. Kris Leclaire has been helping us out a lot recently getting us set up with MaxiReminder and I must say his customer service is impeccable. Not only does he reply right away to my emails but he is so very helpful and patient. Thanks Kris and Maxident. Happy customers on this end!

WA

Wally A.

Our was great!

Our rep has been an outstanding in dealing with. He always gives us the best customer service. He is very professional and always caters to his clients. He exemplifies customer service and professionalism and knowledge all in one great package. It was a pleasure to deal with Kris over the past couple years.

Cons

The pleasure is all ours! I always love hearing from your practice and very much appreciate the kind words. We strive to provide excellent customer service and love hearing its making a noticeable impact. Thank you very much, Kris

LD

Lynda D.

Tech support has been awesome in an office where time is everything!

The program is very user friendly. Tech support is always available to answer any questions or assist if there is a problem. With 33 computers all using maxident it can slow the program down, however, the technicians at maxident have been wonderful in resolving the issue.

LD

Lindsay D.

Maxident is an ideal dental management software

I enjoyed that maxident changed their model to provide superior customer service. Having one rep and be personal for technical support definitely provided a means to gain immediate access to solutions to day to day troubleshooting practice problems.