Mend Logo

Mend Reviews

User ratings

4.3

• Likelihood to recommend7.98/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

It is easier for me to get through because of the help I have received from the customer service. Once you get the hang of it, it is super easy to use.

RB

Reannon B.

I like the ability to bring telehealthcare to the people that need/want it. I like that the software, for the most part is easy to use for both the medical office staff and the patients.

KL

Kellen L.

Overall I feel that Mend is a good platform and what I love most is that they are always working on continued improvements.

CM

Candice M.

RJ

Rori J.

No way to hide the thumbnail picture of myself (or for the client to hide their thumbnail image).

KK

Karissa K.

Sometimes after I complete the transfer to the doctor, the appt disappears and I have no knowledge of when the appointment is over.

RB

medical liaoson

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

useing mend

Transcript

Alisha: My name is Alisha. I work in the healthcare field. I'm an admin for my company. I give Mend a...

MEND Review

Transcript

Julie D.: I'm Julie. I'm an outpatient admissions specialist. I would give Mend a rating of a five. And...

Incredibly Impressed

Really impressed. I will recommend this to all colleagues. Everything has been so incredibly easy to access all of our patients who fill out the paperwork complement on the ease of the system.

Pros

We are able to add surveys for our patients to take which has been tremendously helpful in our assessment process. Getting the scores for the surveys is also tremendously easy.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say.

Mend

My overall experience with Mend was helpful, a lot of other software don't give you the tools to be able to show X-rays and other documents that your doctor would want to share with you.

Pros

Mend is very easy to use when getting into touch with your doctor. I only used this software once to go over my X-rays on my back. I like that you can use this on your computer or your cell phone, makes it very convenient. You have ton's of different chat tools and can video chat with your doctor while going over results.

Cons

The downer of this software is how much is it. I think the price rounds around $100 to $200 bucks which is way to pricey for me, and there's no way I could afford that especially when there is so many different ways over the computer or your cell that you can use to talk to your doctor. My doctor wanted me to use this software to be able to access my X-Rays and see what's going on which is why is was free for me just this once.

Mend does not charge a patient to use the services. Any patient responsibility is between the patient and the provider. Mend starts at $49 per provider per month.

It’s great

Pros

It’s user friendly and real easy to use. It’s probably the easiest software I’ve used.

Cons

Probably the user agreement. Having to check all That off

Transferred our Clinic Operations to TelezecareMD

Telemedicine with Appoitnemnt scheduling was trying to be solved.

Pros

Initially used free version gave some problems moved to the clinic version with EHR integration, Security features were never clear if meeting industry standards.

Cons

Moving to a Digital health partner changes a lot of stuff, wasn't worthy of the experience.

Mend for telehealth appointments

It is pretty easy to use and navigate when you get trained. The patients like it.

Pros

We use Mend every day at our facility for our telehealth appointments. This has allowed us to continue seeing patients while in the midst of the pandemic. It is a very valuable tool in our Federally Qualified Health Center. Our providers are able to work from home or the office while using the Mend application. Our patients appreciate not having to come in to a crowded waiting room during the pandemic. They also appreciate being able to have a "sick" visit from the comfort and privacy of their home.

Cons

I think the buy in from the other employees was the most difficult part of the process. They are always hesitant to learn something new.

Mend has been excellent for our outpatient mental health practice

Pros

The program has been easy to implement and use. We appreciate all of the data for the visits so that we can easily document our video sessions in the event of an audit.

Cons

The program has been great, but has a high up-front cost which could be prohibitive for some. Monthly or quarterly billing could facilitate use.

Mixed Feelings- Healthcare

We do love our direct customer support rep, but several issues we've had to escalate beyond them have not had a valid response from management. Those include HIPAA issues, state and federal telehealth regulations, business associates agreement concerns, etc. Major compliance (healthcare) issues with this product were not taken seriously. Concerned upper management does not understand relevant regulatory governance enough to ensure product is, and remains, in compliance. If NOT using for healthcare, then it's not a concern as this product works as described and meets needs for non-healthcare organizations.

Pros

End-user experience is great, first level customer support is also wonderful. Meets many of our basic needs and offers a lot more flexibility than other products we've used (of same type). Mend tech team wonderful at making changes as we request them and finding solutions for alternate workflows. Great implementation process.

Cons

Major healthcare compliance concerns and as an organization, we've had to do much of the groundwork to both identify and push to resolve, including educate vendor on why it was a concern. We discovered very serious flaws in patient consent process that indicate Mend does not actually meet multiple federal standards (HIPAA, CMS Regs, and UETA, E-Sign Act) in this area, despite their contract and all...

Option to in person services

I am very happy with my experience with mend. This option of providing services to my clients open the doors to helping those who struggle with receiving the help they need. The quality of mend is exceptional and I would recommend this software to others.

Pros

The scheduling feature was user friendly making it easy to put appointments in on the schedule. This platform allowed clients to receive services when they were unable to make it to appointments or reflecting their preference, which increased the likelihood services will continue. During the pandemic this software allowed my clients and myself to continue to be safe during the height of the state of emergency, which I felt was really needed. The quality of the connection was extremely good when the strength of the internet was strong.

Cons

I felt that everything met my expectations. When the client's internet connection was weak there were problems hearing the client or the connection would freeze.

Telegraphy Review

I enjoy using the mend application and find it very user friendly and have had a positive experience with my therapist

Pros

That the mend application is user friendly and does not gliche

Cons

At this time I do not have any cons to report.

It's been a good tool to connect with my therapist. It lags sometimes and it needs refreshing but, haven't had major problems with it.

Pros

That it tests and connects to the camera and microphone on its own.

Cons

I had some trouble registering my phone number but it was fixed.

A Telehealth Video Visit platform that works!

Implementing Mend has been a huge win for our organization, which was struggling with another telehealth platform during the peak of the COVID shutdowns. Mend has been easy for providers and patients to use, making healthcare more accessible, and the service we've received from Mend leadership has been exceptional. We're very happy with our experience!

Pros

Mend is easy for our patients to access, and the Instant Virtual Exam Room function makes it so simple to get a visit link to our patients or their caregivers. In just the few months that we've been using the software, Mend has pushed out several helpful enhancements, like connectivity logging, so we can easily see whether connection issues are on a patient side or our side, and improved Group Visit functionality. Their live chat support model has been fantastic!

Cons

There are a few things we wish were customizable to our organization, that aren't, like the content of certain messages that patients receive, and some demographic fields. We wish it was easier to invite third parties to a video visit further in advance of the visit.

The best option for my needs

Mend is the best platform available for my needs (I've tested Doxy and zoom as well). Most of the "cons" I've experienced are works in progress at Mend. The Mend team is always working to improve and update the platform. I'm excited to see what else they have in store.

Pros

1. Clients do not have to download software. 2. Scheduling appointments with automatic reminders. 3. Alerts when the client signs in for the appointment. 4. Very few audio / visual challenges. 5. Excellent customer service. 6. Mend shows you the strength of both your internet connection and your clients internet connection. 7. When clients join a session, clients must enter same dob as I have listed in their chart before being allowed into the waiting room.

Cons

1. Clients can't sign on without an appointment (like with Doxy) 2. No virtual background option (like with zoom) 3. I wish the settings (mine and what I set for the clients) had more detailed options. 4. I wish I knew the details of what / when Mend sent clients reminders or alerts. For example, I didn't know until clients told me that Mend was sending them daily reminders to test their speed. 5....

Mend

-Mend overall is a very convenient app with great potential. I'm excited to see Mend continue to progress as our company expands.

Pros

-Allowing us to personalize the app/site to support our company's logo -Tech support is quick to respond and resolve critical issues -The most recent updates appears to offer clearer video and audio

Cons

-The app for the smartphone offers a login feature that doesn't seem to be necessary. Clients are able to open the app and just enter their 6 digit code without having to login first. This confuses some clients. -Idle timeouts that require you to log back in frequently -The syncing between our system and theirs doesn't always update properly. i.e. if an appointment was marked out in our system. During the next cycle, the old appointment will populate into Mend as though it still needs to take place. -The reporting tools could be updated to review certain pieces of information to help our practice run more efficiently.

Thank you for this great feedback. The portal login link within the app is being removed in the next release this month. We're happy to explore more robust integration options to keep the two systems in better synchronization. There are limitations on the EHR side that we are having to work around currently.

When It Works, It Works!

Pros

When it works, it is great! If everyone has a high speed internet connection it seems to work, but with some clients living in rural areas, they are not always afforded the opportunity to receive high speed internet.

Cons

Long lag time waiting for patients to load and be able to access. Sometimes the sound cuts out and one side or the other has no audio, other times the video is garbled and distorted.

Thank you so much for the review!! In June, 2021 Mend released a major update allowing audio and video to go as low as 30-50 Kbps. That means it can work on 2 and 3G Internet. However, especially is rural areas, we see roaming data connections and patients with very little ability to upload at all. In Rural areas it can be that 10% of patients only average 5-25 Kbps of total upload capacity. That...

Customizable

Pros

Mend is always willing to work with us on how to make improvements to the platform or our process to make it easier for our providers, staff, and patients.

Cons

With any tech there will always be glitches and or issues with connectivity. There are certain providers/patients that report issues with loss of video or audio.

Mend Review

Overall, good, but some recent changes, I do not appreciate.

Pros

Once you learn the steps for entering a patient, scheduling, the system is fairly easy to use and is reliable, for the most part.

Cons

Some clients complain about being able to get on, especially if using their cell phone. Logging on difficulties and occasional difficulties in being able to stay on for an hour are common complaints. I do not like that the cell phone icon was recently moved into a different location, and if it is used to remind a client of their appointment, you can't use it again as it does not populate the phone number. You have to go back to find their phone number. I don't like that change, at all. While it is fairly easy to schedule appointments, multiple steps are needed, such as needing to enter the session length and the provider every time you schedule. If we schedule multiple appointments at a time, streamlining this process would help so that multiple clicks are not necessary.

Thank you for helping me get my mic to work from home I was right up against a patient visit and your team, especially Catlin, got it to work. Please make sure to let people know that Chrome is the preferred browser. One employee told me it didn't make a difference and it did make a difference! Thank you for making it so easy to use and patient ease to use as well. The patient connection is always the most difficult in most cases. You platform is super easy for them!

Pros

not applicablerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Cons

not applicablerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

User Friendly

AS I mention before I really love the customer service, I had brought an issue before to them and within days it was resolve making my experience better than before.

Pros

Mend is very easy to use and it has an amazing customer service. I have ask questions and ask for the Mend team to help me and they have always been quick to respond and help me with whatever issue I might have.

Cons

I wish there was a way for the clients to be prompt to make their own payments, by inputting their credit or debit cards themselves and if the card is declined then they couldn't proceed to their appointment. However I understand that the Mend team works everyday to improved their software.

Thank you for the review, we really appreciate it. We can collect the payment during the appointment booking process. We will follow up to gather your feedback and discuss possible options. 2/14/19 - We talked to Linnette and we had the ability to solve the payment problem with our digital forms and come up with a much better workflow to solve the payment issue.

Reoccurring Issues that Never Get Addressed

Unresponsive and overall bad tech. I would not recommend your service to others in behavioral health. I wish so badly we would switch to Zoom or WebEx. I have been begging our director about this since this has all started 6 months ago. I gave your organization grace and was patient due to all that has been going on, but you have made some steep promises that you could handle this. I don't see you stepping up to the plate to address something so basic around reliability that has me rather upset.

Pros

The ease of use and certain functionalities are nice, however they don't always work such as the share your screen function is very hit or miss.

Cons

Since we have started on this venture with your organization I constantly hear negative feedback from my clinical staff of 10 providers that client's get dropped from their group, client's can't login due to the email never getting sent out, and my providers getting removed from the group. It appears that anytime the group size is over 8-10 individuals present the platform implodes and becomes very...

Rannon, thank you for the feedback. We have released many changes and we're pushing to get them implemented. We have a new setting to decrease resources needed for large groups. We have feature to dial in people over the phone with poor equipment or connectivity. Offering group capability over the Web was brand new development performed for your organization specifically. We agreed to a date to deliver this brand new feature and then a pandemic happened. We still met our delivery date and no other company or team would have been able to deliver on schedule like we did. We're very proud of that. Any new development during a global pandemic is going to experience some bumps in the road. We appreciate your patience and we're pushing as well to get changes made deployed to everyone.

Mend Review

Mostly good.

Pros

I get to create my own schedule, it is cool to talk to clients via webcam, I like that clients can sign forms through it. I like the paint and texting feature.

Cons

It is very slow to schedule appointments and process assessments. Once you select submit or book it takes longer than other websites to load. I do not like how you have to wait after each session scheduled for it to load and go back to the dashboard and then you can click to schedule another appointment. When you upload an assessment it would be cool it if were not two steps, if you could just upload...

Thanks for the feedback, it's great! Using the Rebook or Assessment feature from the Actions menu should make setting up appointments and assigning paperwork simpler. Did you know you can set recurring appointments as well? All of the issues described with the video connection should be fully resolved for you now. If you have any further issues, please let us know and we're happy to help.

My job just got way too easy.

I am able to process everything faster, especially getting signatures from the doctors and patients. I don't have to spend hours uploading paper into my computer- with Mend, its already there.

Pros

I LOVE that my administrative time has been cut down. Because I save so much time with Mend, I have more time to call my patients, see more patients, and process them faster. At the end of the day, medicine is a business, so time is money. Now I can actually do more of what matters; help my patients... and help the business. The Mend customer service team is amazing. I always get an immediate response, and a quick resolution to my question. If there is a complicated issue, they stay in contact with me via email through every step. I never feel forgotten about, or like my questions are pointless. They seem to appreciate the feedback, and work hard to keep us happy.

Cons

There are still a few issues we are working out, but customer service is always quick to resolve them when they come up.

Just so-so

Overall ok, but could sure be improved w/ features & integration with EHR

Pros

Pretty easy to learn. Generally reliable - and lots of emails if malfunctioning. Has lots of tip sheets. Patients don't have to download an app

Cons

Limited features (e.g., screen share would be nice); not connected to EHR so have to schedule/check out appts in 2 places which is a real hassle.

Michelle, thank you so much for the review! We do have screen share and have had it for long time if you click the screen button while in a video session. You can also connect with our world class service team in seconds using the Need Help? button to get help in seconds with screen share. We also have numerous options for EHR integration as we can connect to the majority of EHRs out there. I am the CEO of Mend, feel free to contact me directly anytime if you need help with the integration or anything else on the platform. matt@mend.com

Branding and professionalism

I have chosen Mend for my group session because they don't limit the amount of clients, it's easily accessible, very minimal dropped sessions even when the client does not have the best connection and/or are rural.

Pros

I like that my clients are able to access the software with minimal steps, no profile, plugin, and or downloads. Also, the "mend" logo/branding creates a professional setting for my agency, my clients appear more at ease knowing that their information is confidential.

Cons

It have encountered some technical issues while in session, the customer services response is slow.

This is Matt McBride, CEO of Mend. I'm grateful for your review, thank you! Our customer service should never be slow. Please feel free to reach me directly at matt@mend.com so we can resolve this for you. We have instant support available for all users, even patients, within seconds.

Commodity in pandemic time

Having a Telehealth appointment is like being at the clinic.

Pros

Regarding the pandemic situation, this is the best option for having an appointment with a Medical Doctor.

Cons

Some patients doesn't have high speed internet and they can't use this software

We really appreciate the review! Mend continues to drive towards requiring the least amount of bandwidth in the industry. Mend now supports connections as low as 20-30k per second for both audio and video. At those speeds, 3G Internet and some 2G cellular Internet connections are now possible! Mend is also releasing a Call Patient phone backup in every visit. Releasing in Sept., 2021 any provider will have the option to place a phone call to the patient's phone number on file from within a Mend video visit. The most productive Telehealth programs in the country run on Mend. Mend helps practices all over the country see more patients!

Very positive. Customer support is awesome

Pros

It is easy to use for most patients. It works well and allows our clinicians to see both the patient and their chart at the same time. Additionally our staff is able to trouble shoot any in house problems or issues pretty easily. The schedule works well and is easy to use.

Cons

It does not work on every platform and it is hard to tell which platforms it does and doesn't work on. Many of the patients we would like to target for this program do not have the technology to use this service.

Mend works on any device - desktop, laptop, tablet, mobile and every platform - Windows, Android, Apple, and any other device with an Internet connection. Video works on any device as well that has Chrome, Firefox, IE, Android, or iOS covering 98-99% of the market. Microsoft and Apple are committed to supporting video as well in Edge and Safari.