All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Mend Reviews

Pros

I like the ability to bring telehealthcare to the people that need/want it. I like that the software, for the most part is easy to use for both the medical office staff and the patients.

Kellen L.

Read the full review
I like the ability to use the service with both the website and the mobile app. Customer service has a chat feature which is very helpful and timely.

Michael M.

Read the full review
I love the flexibility of therapy and doctors visit can happen anywhere I am. Not having to drive back and forth to just see a therapist for 30 minutes is really great.

Kathleen P.

Read the full review

Cons

It does not work well if the app is interrupted by an incoming call, you will have to log in and out. The voice function normally drops after being interrupted.

Jaelynn B.

Read the full review
A bit complicated, especially the API, it affects the performance. Sometime it's a bit unstable, we saw defects slipping through.

Weijie X.

Read the full review
Some of my clients still have some trouble understanding the software, and I've had to spend some time explaining it to them instead of being able to look it up themselves.

useing mend

Incredibly Impressed

Really impressed. I will recommend this to all colleagues. Everything has been so incredibly easy to access all of our patients who fill out the paperwork complement on the ease of the system.

Pros

We are able to add surveys for our patients to take which has been tremendously helpful in our assessment process. Getting the scores for the surveys is also tremendously easy.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say.

A Telehealth Video Visit platform that works!

Implementing Mend has been a huge win for our organization, which was struggling with another telehealth platform during the peak of the COVID shutdowns. Mend has been easy for providers and patients to use, making healthcare more accessible, and the service we've received from Mend leadership has been exceptional. We're very happy with our experience!

Pros

Mend is easy for our patients to access, and the Instant Virtual Exam Room function makes it so simple to get a visit link to our patients or their caregivers. In just the few months that we've been using the software, Mend has pushed out several helpful enhancements, like connectivity logging, so we can easily see whether connection issues are on a patient side or our side, and improved Group Visit functionality. Their live chat support model has been fantastic!

Cons

There are a few things we wish were customizable to our organization, that aren't, like the content of certain messages that patients receive, and some demographic fields. We wish it was easier to invite third parties to a video visit further in advance of the visit.

Mend review

Mend provides a means to utilize virtual/video visits with patients who otherwise would not be able to make it to the clinic. Virtual healthcare allows patients better access to healthcare.

Pros

Once the video gets going, it is super streamlined. The user interface is fairly intuitive and I like how the appointment you're supposed to be in is lit up in a different color, and that it gives you multiple options on whether to start the video visit or to wait in a waiting room to be notified.

Cons

Often times logging in to get the browser open or verifying the provider gets tricky, but it seems like the process has been streamlined even compared to a few months ago since it seems to recognize the user easily now.

Mixed Feelings- Healthcare

We do love our direct customer support rep, but several issues we've had to escalate beyond them have not had a valid response from management. Those include HIPAA issues, state and federal telehealth regulations, business associates agreement concerns, etc. Major compliance (healthcare) issues with this product were not taken seriously. Concerned upper management does not understand relevant regulatory governance enough to ensure product is, and remains, in compliance. If NOT using for healthcare, then it's not a concern as this product works as described and meets needs for non-healthcare organizations.

Pros

End-user experience is great, first level customer support is also wonderful. Meets many of our basic needs and offers a lot more flexibility than other products we've used (of same type). Mend tech team wonderful at making changes as we request them and finding solutions for alternate workflows. Great implementation process.

Cons

Major healthcare compliance concerns and as an organization, we've had to do much of the groundwork to both identify and push to resolve, including educate vendor on why it was a concern. We discovered very serious flaws in patient consent process that indicate Mend does not actually meet multiple federal standards (HIPAA, CMS Regs, and UETA, E-Sign Act) in this area, despite their contract and all...

Mend

My overall experience with Mend was helpful, a lot of other software don't give you the tools to be able to show X-rays and other documents that your doctor would want to share with you.

Pros

Mend is very easy to use when getting into touch with your doctor. I only used this software once to go over my X-rays on my back. I like that you can use this on your computer or your cell phone, makes it very convenient. You have ton's of different chat tools and can video chat with your doctor while going over results.

Cons

The downer of this software is how much is it. I think the price rounds around $100 to $200 bucks which is way to pricey for me, and there's no way I could afford that especially when there is so many different ways over the computer or your cell that you can use to talk to your doctor. My doctor wanted me to use this software to be able to access my X-Rays and see what's going on which is why is was free for me just this once.

Mend does not charge a patient to use the services. Any patient responsibility is between the patient and the provider. Mend starts at $49 per provider per month.

The best option for my needs

Mend is the best platform available for my needs (I've tested Doxy and zoom as well). Most of the "cons" I've experienced are works in progress at Mend. The Mend team is always working to improve and update the platform. I'm excited to see what else they have in store.

Pros

1. Clients do not have to download software. 2. Scheduling appointments with automatic reminders. 3. Alerts when the client signs in for the appointment. 4. Very few audio / visual challenges. 5. Excellent customer service. 6. Mend shows you the strength of both your internet connection and your clients internet connection. 7. When clients join a session, clients must enter same dob as I have listed in their chart before being allowed into the waiting room.

Cons

1. Clients can't sign on without an appointment (like with Doxy) 2. No virtual background option (like with zoom) 3. I wish the settings (mine and what I set for the clients) had more detailed options. 4. I wish I knew the details of what / when Mend sent clients reminders or alerts. For example, I didn't know until clients told me that Mend was sending them daily reminders to test their speed. 5....

Customizable

Overall I feel that Mend is a good platform and what I love most is that they are always working on continued improvements.

Pros

Mend is always willing to work with us on how to make improvements to the platform or our process to make it easier for our providers, staff, and patients.

Cons

With any tech there will always be glitches and or issues with connectivity. There are certain providers/patients that report issues with loss of video or audio.

Mend Review

Overall, good, but some recent changes, I do not appreciate.

Pros

Once you learn the steps for entering a patient, scheduling, the system is fairly easy to use and is reliable, for the most part.

Cons

Some clients complain about being able to get on, especially if using their cell phone. Logging on difficulties and occasional difficulties in being able to stay on for an hour are common complaints. I do not like that the cell phone icon was recently moved into a different location, and if it is used to remind a client of their appointment, you can't use it again as it does not populate the phone number. You have to go back to find their phone number. I don't like that change, at all. While it is fairly easy to schedule appointments, multiple steps are needed, such as needing to enter the session length and the provider every time you schedule. If we schedule multiple appointments at a time, streamlining this process would help so that multiple clicks are not necessary.

Reoccurring Issues that Never Get Addressed

Unresponsive and overall bad tech. I would not recommend your service to others in behavioral health. I wish so badly we would switch to Zoom or WebEx. I have been begging our director about this since this has all started 6 months ago. I gave your organization grace and was patient due to all that has been going on, but you have made some steep promises that you could handle this. I don't see you stepping up to the plate to address something so basic around reliability that has me rather upset.

Pros

The ease of use and certain functionalities are nice, however they don't always work such as the share your screen function is very hit or miss.

Cons

Since we have started on this venture with your organization I constantly hear negative feedback from my clinical staff of 10 providers that client's get dropped from their group, client's can't login due to the email never getting sent out, and my providers getting removed from the group. It appears that anytime the group size is over 8-10 individuals present the platform implodes and becomes very...

Rannon, thank you for the feedback. We have released many changes and we're pushing to get them implemented. We have a new setting to decrease resources needed for large groups. We have feature to dial in people over the phone with poor equipment or connectivity. Offering group capability over the Web was brand new development performed for your organization specifically. We agreed to a date to deliver this brand new feature and then a pandemic happened. We still met our delivery date and no other company or team would have been able to deliver on schedule like we did. We're very proud of that. Any new development during a global pandemic is going to experience some bumps in the road. We appreciate your patience and we're pushing as well to get changes made deployed to everyone.

Use Mend for your telemedicine service provision and to keep your charts updated.

This is my first job providing telehealth services. The connection is usually been easy and I am able to see when someone is logged on and if I may need to send a reminder out to my client. I love how I can see if a form has been reviewed and is ready for me to export to my chart. I think Mend is a pioneer in the industry and I am glad my agency opted to use this platform for outpatient therapy services. Keep coming to us with the improvements. They are great so far!

Pros

Ease of scheduling clients, sending test messages for appointment reminders, using the screen share for educational materials, collecting co-pays with transactions, and sending assessments and forms for completion.

Cons

Sometimes it seems like the person trying to help me with problems does not know what I am referring to clinically, but I have always gotten a quick response back, if my need was not addressed.

Mend

-Mend overall is a very convenient app with great potential. I'm excited to see Mend continue to progress as our company expands.

Pros

-Allowing us to personalize the app/site to support our company's logo -Tech support is quick to respond and resolve critical issues -The most recent updates appears to offer clearer video and audio

Cons

-The app for the smartphone offers a login feature that doesn't seem to be necessary. Clients are able to open the app and just enter their 6 digit code without having to login first. This confuses some clients. -Idle timeouts that require you to log back in frequently -The syncing between our system and theirs doesn't always update properly. i.e. if an appointment was marked out in our system. During the next cycle, the old appointment will populate into Mend as though it still needs to take place. -The reporting tools could be updated to review certain pieces of information to help our practice run more efficiently.

Thank you for this great feedback. The portal login link within the app is being removed in the next release this month. We're happy to explore more robust integration options to keep the two systems in better synchronization. There are limitations on the EHR side that we are having to work around currently.

User Friendly

AS I mention before I really love the customer service, I had brought an issue before to them and within days it was resolve making my experience better than before.

Pros

Mend is very easy to use and it has an amazing customer service. I have ask questions and ask for the Mend team to help me and they have always been quick to respond and help me with whatever issue I might have.

Cons

I wish there was a way for the clients to be prompt to make their own payments, by inputting their credit or debit cards themselves and if the card is declined then they couldn't proceed to their appointment. However I understand that the Mend team works everyday to improved their software.

Thank you for the review, we really appreciate it. We can collect the payment during the appointment booking process. We will follow up to gather your feedback and discuss possible options. 2/14/19 - We talked to Linnette and we had the ability to solve the payment problem with our digital forms and come up with a much better workflow to solve the payment issue.

Mostly good.

Pros

I get to create my own schedule, it is cool to talk to clients via webcam, I like that clients can sign forms through it. I like the paint and texting feature.

Cons

It is very slow to schedule appointments and process assessments. Once you select submit or book it takes longer than other websites to load. I do not like how you have to wait after each session scheduled for it to load and go back to the dashboard and then you can click to schedule another appointment. When you upload an assessment it would be cool it if were not two steps, if you could just upload...

Thanks for the feedback, it's great! Using the Rebook or Assessment feature from the Actions menu should make setting up appointments and assigning paperwork simpler. Did you know you can set recurring appointments as well? All of the issues described with the video connection should be fully resolved for you now. If you have any further issues, please let us know and we're happy to help.

My job just got way too easy.

I am able to process everything faster, especially getting signatures from the doctors and patients. I don't have to spend hours uploading paper into my computer- with Mend, its already there.

Pros

I LOVE that my administrative time has been cut down. Because I save so much time with Mend, I have more time to call my patients, see more patients, and process them faster. At the end of the day, medicine is a business, so time is money. Now I can actually do more of what matters; help my patients... and help the business. The Mend customer service team is amazing. I always get an immediate response, and a quick resolution to my question. If there is a complicated issue, they stay in contact with me via email through every step. I never feel forgotten about, or like my questions are pointless. They seem to appreciate the feedback, and work hard to keep us happy.

Cons

There are still a few issues we are working out, but customer service is always quick to resolve them when they come up.

Very positive. Customer support is awesome

Pros

It is easy to use for most patients. It works well and allows our clinicians to see both the patient and their chart at the same time. Additionally our staff is able to trouble shoot any in house problems or issues pretty easily. The schedule works well and is easy to use.

Cons

It does not work on every platform and it is hard to tell which platforms it does and doesn't work on. Many of the patients we would like to target for this program do not have the technology to use this service.

Mend works on any device - desktop, laptop, tablet, mobile and every platform - Windows, Android, Apple, and any other device with an Internet connection. Video works on any device as well that has Chrome, Firefox, IE, Android, or iOS covering 98-99% of the market. Microsoft and Apple are committed to supporting video as well in Edge and Safari.

Good product

My overall experience with Mend has been great! I am able to see clients from all over the country. No matter if I am traveling or at a different office, I am able to have full therapy sessions.

Pros

The thing I love most about this product is how easy it is for clients to use to connect with me for sessions. It runs really well.

Cons

You do need to have a strong internet connection for it work really well. This can be pretty frustrating when you don't or strong internet is not available in certain areas of the country.

Thank you for the review, we appreciate it! We have major performance improvements to video releasing the first week of the new year (Jan. '19). Video will require even less bandwidth and we'll have better support for group video sessions. There will also be a new design to make it even easier to use.

Simple interface but some adjustment with more complicated functions

I used Mend to work with my clients in scheduling appointments and managing my own billing. It was great for simpler messaging, but a little more difficult when insurance arrangements were complicated. Overall it was a good experience.

Pros

I like the ease of scheduling and sending information to clients. I can see quickly who is having trouble attending appointments and integrating that with my own billing management.

Cons

If you direct your patients to our Help button, we respond within 20 seconds and we can help your patients with their first use so you don't have to spend time on that. Also, if you're using our digital forms, why not have a training form to set expectations? You could inform them of policies, include FAQs, discuss any technology, etc. Thank you for the review!

A useful tool for video communications with a few flaws

It's alright. Having to make a profile for each patient that schedules a video visit is a pain in the butt, I want there to be some way for the patient to create their own account, or a way to seamlessly transfer our EMR information to create a mend account without wasting all this time copy/pasting patient info.

Pros

Easy to register patients into the system, patients can confirm that their tech works prior to the appointment.

Cons

we have no automated software to link mend to our EMR, so every mend patient must be added manually. A little frustrating, especially if someone makes a last minute video visit and we have to stop what were doing to add them into mend real fast before their appointment start time. There is also no feedback that the patient database is being queried when you search for it, so it's hard to tell if...

Mend Review

Works pretty well overall. Some patient have trouble if they need to show something and flip their camera around.

Pros

Easy to use, pretty good picture and sound quality.

Cons

Can't do throat exams, light just shines back into the camera. Some people have difficulty getting it set up or using their cameras.

Awesome feedback, thank you! In order to do throat exams you might need something like a Firefly Otoscope. Patients may not always have this available to them. Some smartphones can handle this. The Mend system does adjust automatically on both Android and iOS for closeups. However, relying on the patient to angle the camera and lighting just right could be an issue. Regardless, we will investigate further to see if there is anything we can do here. If we make further changes, we will follow up and let you know.

Terrible Experience so far!!!!

Terrible. Worst system I have ever used. Very frustrating to work with the mend team and the software. Extremely slow and slows down my whole day having to wait for the system to load.

Pros

There is nothing much to like. The system and terribly slow and there are a lot of errors that we keep having that the IT team is not fixing or attempts to fix but never solves the issue completely.

Cons

1. Runs extremely slow no matter what wifi connection I am using, or what I am trying to do in the system. Everything is so slow. Most definitely a system error not a connection error. 2. Many features do not work properly. Example: Rebooking option does not rebook patients for the correct time slot. Another example is when I added a credit card to a new patient that I added to the system and scheduled,...

Thank you for your feedback. We will follow up and see if we can make further adjustments to assist. It is worth noting that during your implementation your scheduling product went out of business. We do not offer Mend as a practice management scheduling system. This review describes an off label use of our product where all the pros and cons were discussed in advance. The way the product is used in this scenario is not something that we actually market and sell.

Very secure and great features!

Mend has been very helpful during the COVID pandemic. As the need for increased access to telehealth platforms occurred, it was such a relief to already have the Mend product and have staff familiar with the telehealth process. I would highly recommend!

Pros

The software is very easy/intuitive to use. The company has made improvements over the past year that are comparable to other products being used for telehealth. As a mental health provider and with COVID 19, the need for telehealth became critical. This platform is secure and I love the features that include reminding clients of appointments and reminding them that assessments or other documents need to be completed!

Cons

One aspect of the software that is more cumbersome than other platforms in that you are required to enter each client into the system individually rather than having a simple link that can be shared with the client without having to enter each unique client's information into the system. However, this is only a minimal amount of time/effort required to do so.

MEND SOFTWARE REVIEW

Overall it has been helpful to see clients who are unable to be seen in persons.

Pros

I like the new telehealth platform for viewing/seeing/meeting with clients I like the new virtual waiting room

Cons

The software is often slow, and takes several seconds to switch between screens (such as when rescheduling with patient while he/she is still online) As well during this interaction it is very hard to tell what is a block or what is an actual appt. Because my organization uses 2platfirms advanced MD and MEND, I often have to look between the 2 calendars which is time consuming. It would be nice if it were more seamless

Great feedback, appreciate it. Your implementation has a bi-directional interface. You can drop the appointment in Mend or AMD and it shows up in the other system in real-time. We'll follow up and address your concerns.

Not Something I Would Recommend

Constant interruptions during mid-session. Most sessions video calls get completely cut off. On the extremely rare occasion the call doesn't get cut off entirely, I usually have an issue with either the audio or the video (hearing an echo of voices, voice cutting out or lagging, video disappears or being of poor quality)

Pros

I unfortunately do not have any positive feedback about this software, it's terrible.

Cons

Compared to other telehealth services, this software is not stable. It is rare that I have a full session with a client from start to finish without interruption or some form of issue. I often have to use our back up telehealth service Doxy Me which is always more reliable and stable had has significantly less interruptions. If my employer didn't require me to initiate sessions via Mend, I would not use it at all.

Elliott, we appreciate your time to describe your experience with Mend. We have several options to improve connectivity. Some of the options are as follows: App, Appless, low resource mode, network, firewall, VPN testing, proactive monitoring, and more. We are also the only platform that tracks connectivity data. If you do ever experience an issue in a session, you can go into the Actions menu and review the connection details for the entire session. Lastly, we have a new dialer feature that allows you to connect an unlimited number of phone numbers. This is a fallback option if the patient is unable to connect to video. I'll have some reach out and correct this for you right away.

MEND Review

I have been able to cut down patient check in time when checking into their first appointment. They don't have to sit and fill out paperwork before seeing the provider and can do it all on their smart phones in the comfort of their homes. This has also cut down on patients checking in late to their appointments. Overall, I think it has been a great use for our intake team and from what I hear, the providers find if very easy to use as well.

Pros

Although I am not a provider offering services through MEND, I use it often to send registration paperwork to patients. I have experienced a training with MEND and the customer support was excellent and easy to follow. Anytime you have a question, someone responds very quickly. What I like most about the software is how easy it is to navigate and input data.

Cons

I'm being completely honest when I say that I don't have any issues with using MEND for the things I do. The only thing that took a few tries for me to remember was setting up a child under age 18; I had to remind myself to also obtain all parent/guardian information too, such as date of birth. Everything has been smooth sailing other than that.

Great first experience with telemedicine through Mend --wish I could interest more patients.

Pros

It's great that I can use it on computer, tablet and/or iphone. I've used all different modalities and usually find iphone or tablet works great though I do need the computer for complete functionality. The experience is the closest to a life-like face to face call -- there's no time delay and the image is quite stable for the most part. If I use my iphone my patients tell me they see me looking directly at them. I love the fact that when my patients travel or when there are snow days I can still "see" them.

Cons

I wish the experience at my end felt as life-like--meaning, since I'm doing psychotherapy I often feel I don't get to make actual eye contact with my patients -- as if they're either looking slightly downwards (at my image on the screen which is off the camera angle or on the smaller image of themselves.) If I could look directly in their eyes as I would in person and they could look back while both of us looking exactly at each other on screen it would be a much more immediately personal experience. I also don't like the fact that any incoming call disrupts the conversation...

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.