Mend Reviews

4.24/5 (129 reviews)

Pros
  • I liked that it was easy and convenient!
  • Access to patient care Good communication
  • It is easy to use and straight to the point.
  • It's easy to create new accounts for patients
Cons
  • scheduling issues and connectivity issues
  • There wasn't anything I didn't like about it!
  • the time it takes for a problem to be solved.
  • I have not found anything I don't like about the software.
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Robert Wood

A Success

Reviewed 2019-02-05

I retired from my consult practice but wanted to continue on a limited basis. I moved out of state. Mend has made it possible to continue what I love. Helping patients.

Pros
Not being a technical savvy person. I found the Mend training program to be easy to learn. They were always there to help.

Cons
In the beginning we had difficulty communicating with the right person. This was quickly corrected with a conference call between my staff and Mend.

Damaris De jesus

It's fast and reliable. It's easy to use and has good quality.

Reviewed 2017-09-01

Pros
Saves time and helps see more patients.it helps client connect when they are away. It saves time for patients and administrators.its reliable and fast.clients state that it's easy to use and like it.the company has worked with it for a few months and we all love it.

Cons
Sometimes connection is weak.Also sometimes it freezes and sound problems are present. This may be due to wifi problems

Anonymous

Great program

Reviewed 2019-02-05

Pros
It is easy to use and straight to the point.

Cons
Mend is very sensitive when it comes to connectivity. The calls are interrupted by even small dips in signal.

Response from Mend VIP

Video performance was revamped and you should no longer experience connectivity issues.

Florence Gonzalez

MEND

Reviewed 2019-02-05

We are able to cut down wait times for patients, our patients really like the option of seeing the provider from home and at their convience

Pros
It's easy to create new accounts for patients

Cons
I really like this software its easy for our patients to use

Tabitha Roa

awesome app!

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2019-02-08

Pros
I like having the convenience of be able to schedule appts for providers instead of having patients go into the hospital.

Cons
sometimes it glitches and patients find it most difficult being a first time user.

Response from Mend VIP

Amazing feedback, thank you! We always encourage patients to test prior to their first visit and we track that on the dashboard. We have instant support available within 30 seconds if they have any issues testing, connecting, or if you need help during the visit. With all of that, some patients might have a learning curve on their first visit and we're happy to help them.

When patients experience our instant support and the convenience of telemedicine, they are usually hooked and become raving fans.

Alpesh Patel

Great product

Reviewed 2019-02-05

Pros
The ease of usage was very good. We don't have any complain with our centers about Mend.

Cons
I don't think theirs anything bad I can say about this product.

Lynn Morrison

Reviewed 2019-02-22

It's been Very well once we get the bugs worked out. If you work with it everyday its pretty easily and fun!

Pros
once you get the hang of scheduling its pretty easily!

Cons
putting in for a child under the parents names, gets kinda confusing sometimes

Response from Mend VIP

Awesome feedback! A communication platform is slightly different for kids. Government regulations under COPPA and other laws like the federal E-sign Act mean that parents need to control a child's account. In an EHR, the patient never has access so you can load anyone of any age anytime. When you have documents and appointments being pushed out to patients, minors have to be handled a little differently.

Fortunately, we're well versed in those areas and help customers navigate all the laws to setup a successful patient engagement strategy.

Angelica Crawford

The program is very user friendly and extremely easy to navigate through.

Reviewed 2017-08-29

Pros
Very easy executing tasks, automatic reminders sent to patients and sessions never time out. Customer Support is always available to troubleshoot any problems or issues that occur.

Cons
The only thing that I could say that I like least about the software is that it wasn't available sooner.

April Carson

concenience

Reviewed 2019-02-05

I really like the software, it has been really easy to navigate and I enjoy scheduling appointments in the software.

Pros
The ease of scheduling and the navigation it very user friendly.

Cons
the time it takes for a problem to be solved.

Judith Mathewson

Very intuitive! Excellent tool for working with clients and dependents.

Reviewed 2017-09-15

Convenient and very helpful staff! Amanda and Matt have been really supportive!

Pros
One stop "shopping" to get the telehealth work completed without any hassles and great customer support. Clients like it - for their privacy! When I have to reschedule (especially through the hurricane and aftermath), it can be done immediately!

Cons
Some features (like the calendar) are sometimes blocked out by the system (this is annoying but not a show-stopper for clinicians). Good tool for effective time management!

Response from Mend VIP

We will follow up and see what you're experiencing with the calendar and address it immediately.

Yadira Vicencio

Excellence

Reviewed 2017-08-30

Pros
My doctor is at my finger tips, my patients can schedule on weekends. Forms are so much easier to workwith.

Cons
Alerts could be a bit more better. Texting multi phones or email. Nothing else all is awesome!!!!!!!

Melissa Prather Winters)

Mend Review

Reviewed 2019-02-05

My overall experience with Mend is great, it helps process client information in a fast way so that it doesn't hold up our front desk.

Pros
I liked that it was easy and convenient!

Cons
There wasn't anything I didn't like about it!

M.C. Byrne

Wonderful instructor, Jessica. Kind and very astute to my questions. A true expert!

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2017-09-05

The ability to grow our practice into a range of different medical fields by piggy backing off of exhisting practices and then offering telehealth sessions for their dual diagnosis patients who need our services for the best possible outcome. Each of our providers are also able to supplement their income on their own time as they wish to see patients remotely.

Pros
The user interface has been well thought out for consumers who are not tech savvy! Our patient population in Weatern NC can be a bit older than average so this is a major plus!! I am also very hopeful that this will make a difference as we roll out annex offices into tiny communities in Appalachia where there are no psychologists / psychiatrists in the area.

Cons
I feel like I need two sessions of set up advice and basic overall usage. My notes from one session were not enough for me to feel completely competent in using the system.

Response from Mend VIP

We now have additional training materials we can provide right in the Mend system. It can also be used to assign training to future staff down the road.

Sarah Hancock

Mend has been a huge help to us.

Reviewed 2017-08-29

My paper work processing time has been cut down by hours a day. I am able to keep better track of my patient documents as well as what is processing.

Pros
I love that I can fill out documents in seconds, rather than minutes. The forms are returned quickly to me when finished by other signers. It is very clear to see what has been sent out, what is waiting to be completed, and what I can review.

Cons
Some patients complain that it is difficult to understand what their role is on the form. I don't like that the format that the documents print in.

Response from Mend VIP

We will fix both of the feedback issues identified.

Elizabeth Hartman

Sound format but needs some tweaking

Reviewed 2019-02-06

Pros
I like that it has a secure login and it is fairly easy to access on your phone.

Cons
I don’t like that I can’t get calendar view on my smart phone to see my appointments and that it is difficult as a provider to block off time on the smart phone app vs computer version.

Response from Mend VIP

Excellent feedback. We are currently working with multiple users from your organization to better understand your scheduling needs.

Your use case utilizes Mend as the master schedule. Most groups use their practice management system as the master schedule and send over appointments to Mend via an integration. Since your use case is not the norm for our customers, we have a little work to do to make things even easier.

Even though this use case is not the norm, we want everyone on the platform to have an amazing experience and changes are coming for you within the next 1-2 months.

Likelihood to recommend: 4/10

Jennifer Simmons

My experience with Mend has been great!

Reviewed 2017-09-04

Mend benefits me in that it is convenient to use for both me and my clients. Some of them don't have access to mental health care in their area, so being able to log onto their phone or computer and talk to a professional is very helpful for them (so they say). The team is very helpful, professional, and quick to respond to any of my needs or to the needs of my clients. I also LOVE that my clients can sign their documents electronically, which saves a ton of extra time and work on my part!

Pros
I love that the Help Desk is so quick in responding to my questions. I can get help in the middle of a session if needed and it doesn't take up a lot of time. Plus, the ease of access to clients who are in other counties or are home-bound is wonderful! The majority of my clients really love the convenience of using Mend.

Cons
I can't schedule recurring appointments for my clients. I would like to see Mend add a feature where clients receive individual access codes for each recurring appointment.

Iris Figueroa

So easy to use!

Reviewed 2019-02-08

Pros
I love how easy it is to set everything up. From a practice manager point of view, it's great to have something so accessible for the office and patients

Cons
I have not found anything I don't like about the software.

Amelia Shipman

Convenient but confusing

Reviewed 2019-02-05

Pros
Convenient for providers and patients especially when dependents want to come in without a guardian.

Cons
It can be confusing. Parents sometimes don't fill out all the forms we send and they can easily mix up paperwork between dependents . They will fill out all the questions of Sibling A's paperwork for Sibling B and vice versa, because mend pre-assigns it to each patient.

Response from Mend VIP

Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it! I wonder if a link for the paperwork would help? It would allow them to set up their children and then take them right through the paperwork child by child.

Diana Rodriguez

Convenient way to reach your client.

Reviewed 2019-02-08

Pros
The software allows central point for sessions and billing. It provides the ability to secure intake documentation and signatures for MTP's and TPR's. It also allows for easy billing. It allows clients/therapist to connect via cell phone, tablets, lap/desktops.

Cons
Software requires strong internet/WIFIconnection. It is easily interrupted by incoming texts and call.

Response from Mend VIP

Thank you for the feedback. Some wireless carriers do not allow phone calls and data to run simultaneously. We also just released new video changes that allow for better connections on lower cellular connections.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Klaire Mitchell

Mend Review

Reviewed 2019-02-06

We have benefited from mend by using it to have teleproviders who are different time zones but still able to provide care to our patients.

Pros
I like the ability to communicate with people who do not live locally to you.

Cons
Sometimes technology glitches and that makes the process frustrating.

Response from Mend VIP

Thank you for the feedback, we appreciate it. We just released an upgraded video experience. It works on even slower speeds so when patients aren't on the best connections, you won't have as many glitches.

If there are ever any issues, our instant support is available. Average response times are often less than 20 seconds.

Holly Griffen

MEND feedback

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-02-05

We haven't started using it enough for telecounseling and we haven't reached its potential. I find it to be easy to demonstrate. We just have to get more clientele interested in trying it out.

Pros
It is user friendly. Easy to use for those who are not tech saavy.

Cons
I think there are some hiccups to adding our own forms that need e-signatures from clients. I'm not sure if I'm accurate on my assumption. We also don't have a way to transfer data from MEND to our EHR.

Response from Mend VIP

Thanks for the feedback. We have new options available now to connect your EHR. If that is something you're interested in, we're happy to make that happen for you.

Angela Medina-Lago

Poor

Reviewed 2017-09-12

Work from home

Pros
The only thing I like is I work from my home...The software has to improve a lot from behavioral therapy.

Cons
The platform has to establish interactive tools for behavioral therapy. The canvas system in use doesn't function. The frequents issues with in and out from system during a session are horrible, the link is not stable for work an hour, no matter the browser in use "supposedly" chrome is the better, that is not true.

Response from Mend VIP

Your Internet is consistently reporting extremely low speeds. I'm sure you're paying for more that your Internet Service Provider is giving you. This can be caused by your ISPs equipment, line noise, or other factors.

We will follow up to resolve this for you. We just need a to run 1 or 2 tests and we can resolve this ASAP for you.

Likelihood to recommend: 2/10

paul dasari

Reviewed 2019-02-12

good

Pros
Access to patient care Good communication

Cons
scheduling issues and connectivity issues

Response from Mend VIP

Appreciate the great feedback! Sometimes patients don't have the best Internet connections. However, we just released video performance improvements to allow video to work on even slower speeds. Speeds as low as 150Kbps. That should resolve most of the issues.

It's also important to encourage patients to test prior to their visits. We remind them to do this several times as well.

Finally, put our instant support to the test. We'll respond in seconds to assist to make that video happen or resolve any connections issues.

meghan aiken

MEND experience

Reviewed 2019-02-07

Pros
Mostly the overall ease of use for both patient and provider/staff.

Cons
occasionally the poor internet connection. But that is not a Mend issue.

Katie Hogeboom

User friendly. When I needed assistance, staff helped right away!

Reviewed 2017-09-04

Pros
The software is easy to use; very user friendly. If I have had any issues they have all been resolved easily/timely.

Cons
Every once in awhile the sound on the microphone will echo and sound like the other person is under water. This happens in and out frequently.

Response from Mend VIP

The echo is due to either slow hardware or poor Internet quality. The Mend tests can predict this in advance. We can also test the hardware and predict in advance if it will have any issues or not. Old inexpensive hardware can have trouble processing the video, but all can be tested in advance to ensure quality.