Mend Reviews

4.24/5 (129 reviews)
Pros
  • easy to send assessments to our patients
  • User Friendly - easy to navigate for all ages
  • That I can be any where and still keep track.
  • Easy to use and well set up. fully functional.
Cons
  • All of the features were not functional.
  • I loved everything about it it was a good idea.
  • Still evolving in terms of stability of software.
  • no cons at this time. the system works as advertised
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Christina Blaiser

Mend is a very user friendly software that provides secure telehealth options.

Reviewed 2017-08-29

Increased ability for provider visits from a far.

Pros
We use the software on a weekly basis and it has been very effective. We love that the visits are time managed and that the video quality is good. We have had no issues with logging on or connecting in the 8 months of using the software.

Cons
The access code entry is not a feature that our facility needs as we have a secure location to provide service.

Response from Mend VIP

Remote kiosk is an option that is available to eliminate the need for an access code, but still be HIPAA compliant.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Leticia Rojas

Reviewed 2019-02-12

Pros
easy to send assessments to our patients

Cons
nothing I would change at this point everything works great

Julie Langton

Reviewed 2019-02-05

I would say mend is definitely easy to use for both the client and the practitioner despite some issues with bugs every now and then I still think it's a great site.

Pros
User Friendly - easy to navigate for all ages

Cons
Consistent bugs when trying to schedule someone or issues with the service sending the client the wrong code or wrong date for apt.

Response from Mend VIP

Thank you for the review, we're grateful. All of the bugs you experienced should be resolved. If you have any further issues, please let us know immediately and we'll take care of it.

Jason Fort

A good start into the EMR world

Reviewed 2019-02-12

It has been a good experience. The team is open to engaging in discussion, and working for best solutions.

Pros
This software worked seamlessly with existing programs utilized in our hospital and had the propensity to be a game changer for work flow and efficiency.

Cons
Product's flexibility was limited by pay walls. Additionally there were certain elements that seemed redundant and not well thought out.

Response from Mend VIP

This was a one-off custom project that is not Web based. It is not representative of the product, hence the wrong product is being reviewed here.

The customer also prevented us from going live so it was never used in a production setting for an accurate review or assessment to be made.

Mariette Bourne

Amazing when it works properly

Reviewed 2019-02-16

a bit frustrating

Pros
I like that I am able to schedule, upload docs to our EHR, our EHR is now able to upload some providers appts to mend

Cons
i don't like that it kicks me out often, sometimes client information changes to previous information (like an old phone number), errors with forms

Response from Mend VIP

Great feedback! Your EHR doesn't support any form of integration. Being that it is not interoperable in any way, your integration behavior is not something that anyone should expect with an EHR that does support an exchange of data (HL7, API, etc.).

It is also important to note that all issues pertaining to your non standard integration from Lauris to Mend have been fully resolved for you.

Sharon Wilkening

Very good so far. Some technical issues but support is very responsive and pleasant.

Reviewed 2017-08-29

Pros
Easy to use. Easy to bill. The customer support is very good,. The customers find it easy to use.

Cons
Some technical issues and echoing. There are times that the picture is lost or sound is lost. The video can be grainy.

Response from Mend VIP

The video quality comes down to the Internet connection quality and the Internet equipment. Our test can predict, in advance, the quality you will encounter during the call. Also, if other background applications are simultaneously using the Internet, it can affect video performance as well.

John Fenice

easy for physician side,

Reviewed 2017-09-04

ability to visits when out of the office, evening and weekends. It adds availability to my practice

Pros
The Mend System for HIPAA compliant Tele-medicine visits provides me with ease of use. The system tells me if patient has tested their connection. The program tells me how good the connection is based on color coded bars on the screen.

Cons
patients do not always have equipment that can run the programs. then they dont know whatto do. They do not always use support button.

Nancy Perez

Change is good

Reviewed 2019-02-09

not good ,

Pros
what can be a pro that everything can be electronic

Cons
if it worked correctly it would be great to be paperless

Response from Mend VIP

Thank you for the feedback. We're really surprised to see a low rating here because we have received awards from your CEO and most other users have rated us extremely high for several years. We will reach out to see if we can assist you with the utilization of the system.

It's also important to note that we cannot verify this name as a user of the Mend system.

Likelihood to recommend: 2/10

Ivelisse Rivera

My experiences its a little bit hard because all change required time to time to things better.

Reviewed 2017-08-29

Pros
Tele-comunication with client by camera, the HELP icon help us to fix problems, have a good organization, have the instruction clearly. The way that we submit the information and send the client to sing the privacy, no show and other document, For me Mend its a really good tool to do the therapist and they always be alert and answer all questions the we need to clarify and they provide information about the step to to the signatures and all that we need.

Cons
The voice have to improve, sometimes the client cannot listen well, or the client cannot hear me or have echo. I always verify how its everything in my computer and the systems give me a messages I don't have problem with audio and camera. When I enter to the therapy session I saw the client not clear, the client back and forward. I always recommended the client to do the test 15 minutes before the therapy to avoid any problems.

Ken McDonnell

Mend works very well for our Telehealth. I have experienced not problems with it.

Reviewed 2017-08-31

It allows us to provide our patients access to psychiatry. In this area, waits to see a psychiatrist can be three months or more. This resolves this issue.

Pros
Program is very easy to use. It boots up quickly and to date I have had no problems with it logging off or kicking me out.

Noelia Oquendo

Reviewed 2019-02-08

I think its convenience, it's easy and I see this going far.

Pros
It's easy to navigate, everything you need its right there.

Cons
Not been able to connect with next patient while the provider its with another Virtual call.

Response from Mend VIP

Thank you. You cannot be in two video sessions at one time because you only have one camera. However, you can certainly be in one session while the provider is another. I'll have someone reach out to help you here.

Anonymous

On the go

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2018-08-09

I use it for my client and its easy to use will definitely recommend this to people in the medical field

Pros
That I can be any where and still keep track.

Cons
I loved everything about it it was a good idea.

Leah Buell

Very intuitive system, easy to use.

Reviewed 2017-08-29

After a quick 45 minute online training, I was able to begin using successfully almost immediately with very few questions.

Pros
I LOVE the live chat option for customer service, rather than having to email or call an automated phone number.

Cons
I do not like that it is not automatically synced to my EHR system so that everything has to be duplicated manually.

Response from Mend VIP

We can absolutely sync and integrate with any EHR or PM system.

Weijie Xu

Mend Software and implementation

Reviewed 2019-02-08

Overall it's good to work with Mend, we were able to deliver on time.

Pros
Good support from development team, we were able to work with them closely, and we were able to get problem resolved quickly and got the project moving.

Cons
The admin UI is not very intuitive. A bit complicated, especially the API, it affects the performance. Sometime it's a bit unstable, we saw defects slipping through.

Response from Mend VIP

Thank you for the great feedback. It's on our road map this year to make the API calls even easier to use for developer partners.

Kelsey Wilson

Reviewed 2019-02-12

Pros
The ease of rescheduling or booking appointments again, the full screen when talking to patients, and the technical support if needed

Cons
The echoing the sound gives when speaking to a patient

Response from Mend VIP

Great feedback! We prompt patients to test their connection before a visit. That test scores the quality of their Internet and we have instant support available if they have any trouble. Our new video technology works on even slower speeds to accommodate patients. It can work on speeds around 150Kbps.

Echo can also be a result of loud speakers. In most cases if the speaker volume is turned down slightly the echo goes away. If the speaker volume is too high, the mic can pick it up and present an echo.

Echo and connections issues are relatively rare and simply recommend that patients test and utilize our instant support if they ever have trouble.

Julie Killion

Best Customer Support Ever

Reviewed 2019-02-05

Pros
As with anything, there have been a few issues here and there, but the customer support is always above and beyond expectations. Immediate and thorough help at any time!

Cons
Personally, I have been having an ongoing issue seeing myself during sessions. Minor, but I do believe it is important to be able to see what the person on the other end is seeing.

Daniela Cantu

Mend Scheduling

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2019-07-08

Pros
User friendly, revenue growth and better results because of reduced absences to consultations

Cons
I would like for it to be via WhatsApp and not only SMS

Christine Stupavsky

Mend for Therapists

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-02-12

Mend is effective in providing services to those clients in very rural areas without transportation. This is also helpful with people struggling with extreme anxiety and agoraphobia.

Pros
Mend is very simple to implement for both the client and provider.

Cons
All of the features were not functional.

Response from Mend VIP

Thanks for the feedback. I'm not sure what features you are referring to. We will follow up to capture your feedback and resolve for you.

Ross Wofford

Mend review

Reviewed 2019-02-10

it is used for face to face interviews with patients. easing the burden of heralthcare

Pros
Easy to use and well set up. fully functional.

Cons
no cons at this time. the system works as advertised

Torrie Crider

A must for the MN winters!

Reviewed 2019-02-05

I have less no shows as I can still see clients with transportation or weather related problems.

Pros
The software is very easy to use. Clients with limited computer skills can utilize Mend.

Cons
There are glitches sometimes with a poor connection.

Response from Mend VIP

Video performance was revamped to work on even slower speeds so that there are less issues with poor Internet connections.

Mandy Pantanella

Dissatisfied

Reviewed 2017-09-03

N/A

Pros
Mend is very easy for client's to use, very user friendly. EXCELLENT customer service/tech support, someone is always available.

Cons
There are almost always technical issues, whether it is a lag, echo, or audio issue (this is across the board, not only when client or therapist have a poor connection). The whiteboard feature can only be used if client is on a computer. Whiteboard feature lags. There is no screen-sharing feature. A screen-sharing WITH ability to draw and write/draw to screen feature was promised and never provided. There is no option to temporarily turn off video sharing (yet there is a mute button). Features are limited. Video and audio quality is almost always an issue. The request to receive text message notifications when client enters session no longer works.

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Lawrencia Annor-Sakyi

Mend review

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-02-06

We are able to check in and see patients who need to ask doctors questions instead of driving in. I think they love it each time they are signed in

Pros
When a patient can sit in the comfort of their corner to still have access to their providers in the full visual manner

Cons
Not sure of any for now. But if all needed buttons will show for easy accessibility it will be awesome

Jessica Daggett

My review

Reviewed 2019-02-12

Pros
It makes it easier to put the patients' information in the computer.

Cons
That we have to print it off and then type it into our software.

Response from Mend VIP

Thank you for the feedback. An integration is required to move the documents over to the EHR, which we can easily setup for you.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Michael Larson

Scheduled Patient

Reviewed 2019-02-05

I like the ease of use on my end and for the patient. The quick fill documents are great and the link for the call is very user friendly.

Pros
Ease of use and navigation tools. Quick click tools to select files and documents.

Cons
It was all pretty easy to use and laid out well and really didn't encounter any issues.

Anonymous

Easy and Quick Telehealth Software for Professionals

Reviewed 2019-04-26

Overall great experience using the software for telehealth purposes and was very easy to use and connect with patients.

Pros
Great easy to use telehealth platform that is snappy and quick. Lots of features for professionals to help with patients and connecting.

Cons
Still evolving in terms of stability of software.