Mend Reviews

4.24/5 (129 reviews)
Pros
  • I like the how mend is able to text patients
  • Ability to be seen without presenting to a clinic
  • There are email and text reminders to the patients
  • It has all the features we are looking for - we think.
Cons
  • I disliked everything about the software
  • The program is slow (moving from page to page).
  • Customer service is difficult to secure at times
  • The scheduling piece of it is not as user friendly.
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Angela Hollermann

Easy to Use

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-02-08

Great customer support, easy to use, and accessible way for clinicians and clients to use.

Pros
It was quick o learn about and easy to access and use.

Cons
The connectivity to sessions was not always strong and sometimes the connection would get lost.

Response from Mend VIP

Thank you! We just upgraded our video to work on even lower bandwidth connections so any connection issues should be resolved.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Markesha Waker

Need Improvement

Reviewed 2019-02-05

Pros
Quick response and easiness to get in contact with customer support

Cons
Lost some client's accounts Duplicate accounts Sometimes client's aren't able to connect and they have perfect connection Freezes up often

Response from Mend VIP

We appreciate the feedback! The duplicate/missing account issue was only related to your organization and is fixed now. Video performance was revamped and you should no longer experience connectivity issues.

Likelihood to recommend: 3/10

Arikeya Harris

MEND experience

Reviewed 2019-02-05

Pros
i like the fact that we can keep up with appts in MEND especially if we can't see them in the ICA Notes system.

Cons
What I like the least from this systme is that it moves slow sometimes.

Response from Mend VIP

Thank you for the feedback. We will follow up and make sure that everything is running very fast for you!

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Toni Muzzonigro

GREAT OVERALL EXPERIENCE!

Reviewed 2017-09-18

Pros
I love that a software like this exists that allows for HIPAA compliant communication between physicians and patients. it made sharing results and explanations with patients simple.

Cons
Over time this may be modifiable, but for our practice it was difficult to consistently use this platform because it does not interface with our EMR. It saved time and effort in communications with patients, but the amount of time and effort it was going to take to upload the information back into our EMR made it less appealing.

Response from Mend VIP

We absolutely integrate with the EMR or other internal systems. There are four different variations to meet your needs and/or budget.

Gloria Cancel

Not the most user friendly on the scheduling part

Reviewed 2019-02-05

It is beneficial to conduct quick check in's for patients who have difficulty getting to our office, however it has not been easy arranging the scheduling aspect.

Pros
It's very convenient to have for patients and providers

Cons
The scheduling piece of it is not as user friendly.

Response from Mend VIP

Thank you for the review, we really appreciate it. We believe in the mission of Grace Medical Home and will continue to donate our services at no cost to the organization to help those in need.

We will reach out and get your feedback to see if we can improve the scheduling ease of use for you. Patient self-scheduling is also available :).

Hannah Stanford

Absolutely recommend this to anyone!

Reviewed 2020-01-11

Overall, I have had a very positive experience with this app. It's easy to use and great to have so I highly recommend it to anyone!

Pros
I love using Mend! I have an app on my phone so I can connect to my health care provider anytime I need to. I can also use the app to talk to my therapist, which has made a huge impact on my mental health too. It's comforting to have this connection to your health care team!

Cons
The only problem that I ran into was an update on my phone caused my app to glitch out for a while! Recently I was able to delete and redownload the app, which seems to have fixed the glitches!

Pam Eldridge

Advantageous but slow

Reviewed 2019-02-08

Pros
Going paperless is great. And saves a lot of time initially having information ahead of time.

Cons
The program is slow (moving from page to page).

Response from Mend VIP

Thank you for the feedback, we appreciate it. We will reach out to you and speed this up for you right away.

Likelihood to recommend: 4/10

Mario Perez

Its easy and reliable.

Reviewed 2017-09-04

Easy to set up and I can get client s from all around the state, not just in my area.

Pros
Clients are able to connect easily and from most devices. They love that they can use an app and put the code in.

Cons
Sometimes there is echo. Client mentioned to hear echo form therapist. Also clients have been confused with the appointment code. They use codes from previous sessions. Client will like to connect from ipads.

Response from Mend VIP

Echo can be speaker volume or Internet quality. The Mend test can predict this in advance. Visit codes expire for security reasons. However, they are sent in every text and email to make it easy for people. The app is and has always been available for iPads too.

Anna Fedoronko

Anna's Review

Reviewed 2019-02-05

Pros
I like the how mend is able to text patients

Cons
The flow of the website takes too many clicks to navigate

Response from Mend VIP

Thank you for the feedback, we really appreciate it! We will follow up with you and see if there is anything we can do to make the system easier to use for you.

Annemarie Herrlich

mend review

Reviewed 2019-02-05

so far it has been overall pretty easy. I do not think it is as effective with phones for some of the clients I serve as they often are not aware of how the interface looks but overall it has been good.

Pros
overall it is easy to access and use the parts we are using and the clients seem to appreciate it's ease of use

Cons
while it seems easy to schedule overall it does seem like once signed in I should not have to scroll through the entire list of people in the agency or search to get to my own schedule immediately and simply enter the person I want to schedule. the number of steps could be much easier and faster.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Karie Jernstrom

Reviewed 2019-05-05

Pros
I like how this software helps keep track of all of my appointments because its easy to lose track of the times and dates.

Cons
I did not find anything that I disliked about the software.

Eddie Davis

Looks like exactly what we need

Reviewed 2019-07-20
Review Source: Software Advice

We are actively looking for online scheduling and patient engagement software. Mend appears to have all the features we need. Unfortunately, their sales team does not respond to inquiries. Online chat, unfortunately, cannot answer any technical questions but offers to pass us on to sales. Unfortunately it does not. We even scheduled an online demo last week but the sales person was a no show to the demo. My first response is just to move on to another company but hope that someone at the company will read this and contact us.

Pros
It has all the features we are looking for - we think.

Cons
Sales team is non-functional. We hope that the rest of the company is better.

Lynn Howard

good platform, available support

Reviewed 2017-08-29

Pros
I like that there is a 24/7 support staff. I always have access to email and they are prompt to reply.

Cons
not able to have say in options -- adding POI form, changing rates for patients; hard to read assessment -- lots of clicks, hard to make screen smaller to have EHR on it (unable to download always on top as was recommended),

Response from Mend VIP

We take any feedback seriously and it is logged, reviewed, and prioritized weekly by our CEO. We want the system to be easy for everyone. You absolutely have a say. Feel free to relay any feedback, good or bad, via the Help or phone number.

Nam Nguyen

User friendly

Reviewed 2019-02-05

Pros
The ease of use. Not much training needed. User friendly platform.

Cons
None at this time. I have not come to any issues thus far with the software

Alex Farrell

Not sure yet

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2019-02-05

I’ve seen worse but I’ve seen better. Seems expensive relative to others.

Pros
There are email and text reminders to the patients

Cons
It’s challenging to schedule from the providers end sometimes.

Response from Mend VIP

Thank you for the feedback! Mend has starter packages ranging from $69 to $99 per month as well as enterprise level pricing around $299 per month so we can meet the needs of any organization no matter the size.

Priya Singh

excellent high quality and very convenient

Reviewed 2017-08-29

Pros
easy to schedule and register patients, and the 'help' option is great and very responsive for when i get stuck while registering someone.

Cons
sometimes tricky to view a provider's schedule without going through many steps, but the help option is very useful in those situations.

Response from Mend VIP

The calendar view on the Dashboard is being revamped in September to make it much easier to see a single provider or many providers schedules at one time to help manage provider utilization. You'll also be able to book directly from this calendar view on the desktop eliminating several clicks.

Akilah Dunn

Professional, quick, easy

Reviewed 2017-08-29

It's easy for scheduling patients. The software is easy to navigate through. User friendly.

Pros
Easy to use. Easy to navigate the system. It's user friendly. Easy to teach to the staff. It's very helpful for scheduling patient's.

Cons
There is a lag in phone and video connection. At times it is hard to get the patient to realize where the code is that they need to enter. That's not a software problem.

Response from Mend VIP

The quality of the Internet determines the quality of the video. The Mend video test can predict call quality in advance of a session when utilized.

Anonymous

A Work in Progress

Reviewed 2019-02-08

Integrating Mend with admissions was a nightmare, not only because of the novelty of a new system, but the unintuitive design.

Pros
Quality and potential. The idea of Mend and the look and feel is great, but the execution leaves much to be desired.

Cons
Execution, not easy to navigate, not intuitive, poorly designed

Response from Mend VIP

This was a one-off custom project that is not Web based. It is not representative of the product, hence the wrong product is being reviewed here.

The customer also prevented us from going live so it was never used in a production setting for an accurate review or assessment to be made.

Keena Duncan

Our doctor, staff and patients love the convenience of virtual visits.

Reviewed 2017-08-29

More patients are scheduling appointments.

Pros
This software is very user friendly for the medical practice staff and the patient. The application of using it on any device such as a laptop, ipad or cell phone makes is very accessible for everyone. Our doctor can use this not only at the convenience of his office, but the hospital or at home.

Cons
Maybe a reminder to the patient that doesn't show up, that they have missed their appointment and to call the office to reschedule.

Bethany Dayton

Overall it was has been a really great experience! Easy, and helpful.

Reviewed 2017-09-04

Pros
I like that I don't have to worry about whether I'm crossing any HIPPA issues. And everyone I've talked to at Mend is really nice and easy to work with.

Cons
It can be frustrating when it says there is good single for internet, but it seems like Mend needs something stronger? It has been frustrating for both me and my clients.

Response from Mend VIP

It is really important that patients test prior to the visit as the test can predict the quality in advance. Also, the Internet quality is what determines the video quality.

Jennifer Jesse

Mend increases access

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2019-02-12

Pros
Ability to be seen without presenting to a clinic

Cons
Customer service is difficult to secure at times

Response from Mend VIP

Thank you for your feedback. We are the only company that offers instant customer support with an average response time of under 30 seconds. We'll reach out to make sure you know all the ways to contact our support team going forward.

Mckenzie Herbst

Superior to other services

Reviewed 2017-08-29

Pros
Ability to self schedule, ability to communicate with patients via text and email, ability to adjust schedule with very little notice.

Cons
The inability to open schedule for a day of the week from week to week. The way it is set up now if I want to work a Saturday, I have to make myself available every Saturday not just one here or there.

Response from Mend VIP

There is an option to schedule specific days for providers within the current schedule setup. We will make this easier and improve our training.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Anonymous

Mend review

Used occasionally for free trial
Reviewed 2019-02-12

My experience was not good with mend. It was not user friendly, always had problems using it during trial runs, and it was slow. It also didn't have everything that our hospital needed it to have for admission purposes and still had to resort to using paper assessments.

Pros
I didn't like anything about the software. It was very hard to use and didn't have the ins and outs of what we need for our hospital admissions.

Cons
I disliked everything about the software

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Elizabeth Carroll

The platform is user friendly as well as user intuitive. The provider to patient connection isgreat

Reviewed 2017-08-29

Pros
The ease of use for both patient and provider. Connecting with the provider is far less difficult than past platforms. No password being required in order to login for your appointment has been such a plus. The fact that the platform still works with lower bandwidth is also a plus.

Cons
Providers having to duplicate appts as well as patient notes has been a small pain point, but this can be corrected by integrating with the practice's EHR/EMR platform.

Rica Appling

Reviewed 2017-08-29

Pros
Ease from laptop to cell phone which allows continuity with the session. App utilizes less space than most apps

Cons
Stops timing where switching from devices. Sensitive to weather or building structure. Echoes which delays sessions.

Response from Mend VIP

Weather and building structure affect cellular data, which is not preferred. Echo is also a result of poor Internet. The Mend test can predict the call quality in advance. Call quality is determined by Internet quality.