MenuSano

Nutrition Tech For Food Services and Manufacturing

MenuSano Reviews

Pros

The software helps us a great deal to achieve our goals of producing healthy alternative desserts.

Andreas S.

This soft ware saved me. I had a deadline and the person I usually get to do my nutritional was not available. Thanks to this soft ware, we will be doing it all ourselves from now on.

Jessica O.

I really appreciated the ease in inputting the ingredients of my products and how quickly the information is calculated.

SUZANNE S.

Norman L.

Stuart W.

Stuart W.

4.1

Simple Interface, Good Feature Set, Excellent Price

The MenuSano customer service reps are prompt, friendly and very good at solving problems (my one problem). And then the software got changed so that no one else would have that issue. That's pretty amazing.

Pros

The software made it quick and easy to produce accurate, professional looking nutrition labels. Customizing the way the information is displayed was a welcome feature as well.

Cons

It would be nice if there was a way to add a barcode or QR code to the label. But don't let that limitation be a deal breaker. This software, for the price works very well.

Thanks, Trevor for your review! We are thrilled to be part of your success! Kind regards, Christine

Overall very good product

Pros

Extensive data base of ingredients. Options on customized labels. Ease of use.

Cons

Category section could be more intuitive, more organized. Perhaps having color tabs, more folder like.

Thanks kindly for the review, Andreas. I appreciate the comment about categories. We will add this to our roadmap. We are happy to know that you are creating healthy deserts with MenuSano :) Happy baking, Christine

Old references for Daily Values

I used this software according one of our customer's request. Not a good experience.

Pros

Easy to use- Customer service was always accessible but they gave me the wrong link of Health Canada for your references

Cons

I figured out that the final values are strange and when followed it up with supporting team and references, I figured out that Menusano is using the old DV% tables of CFIA and FDA for calculating the data. The customer support gave me a wrong link of Health Canada which is not for the industry. Health Canada has made some changes in some regulations and numbers from 2016. The most updated references are for 2016 but Menusano is using the older references unfortunately. I can't trust anymore. Please update your references.

Hi Gisella, thanks for your comment. We did update our values to reflect the new CFIA DV% calculations. We have also confirmed them with the CFIA. I'm sorry you didn't have a good experience with our software. We feel it would be fair to give you a refund for your one-month subscription in this case. Kind regards, The MenuSano Team

GREAT PRODUCT

Overall I've had a very good experience using the software. It has allowed me to be able to market my products into Grocery store chains that require this information.

Pros

Cons

Don't appreciate that you can't amend a recipe and redownload without it counting as a DOWNLOAD! It would be nice if there was a system in place to record recipes already created and downloaded that would not ding you if you made a spelling error or forgot to include an ingredient. We are human and are far from perfect so mistakes will happen. For small business owners this would help a lot.

Hi Suzanne, thanks for your review! We are going to have a "counter" for the label downloads soon :) Kind regards, Christine

Menusano for Manufacturing

Overall, I have been very happy with the experience.

Pros

- Incredible ease of use. - Designed for use on Mobile - Multiple Nutritional Databases - Multiple NFT formats

Cons

- Experienced bugs in the export process. - Incorrect Nutritional information on export. - support can be slow to reapond

Hi Sam, Thanks so much for the feedback. Sorry the export nutrition report was having some issues. They are resolved now and we are always working to improve our software. I'd love to learn more about how the export feature can be better for you. I will reach out. Kind Regards, Christine

The right product for the right application!

Our business was at a standstill until we could sort out our nutrition labeling requirements. MenuSano's software was so easy to use, we were into production of our nutritional labels in minutes, no small feat!

Pros

When we were obtaining our food safety certifications for Township 27, nutrition labeling became necessary. We were unsure of where to start or what to do. Many of the websites we researched claimed to provide all the answers and quite frankly didn't. Then we found MenuSano! MenuSano delivered on all fronts; nutrition labeling, ingredient sourcing, and all kinds of applications we hadn't even thought of. Sooo intuitive and easy to use, not sure where we would be without them!

Cons

There are a number of food ingredients that are not listed. This isn't a huge issue however, as there is methodology to add new and custom ingredients along with nutritional facts, so our database can expand as we require.

Eric, we are so excited about your startup! Thanks so much for the kind review :) Happy cooking, Christine

Ingredients

Pros

As I was first starting out. I was impressed the software did the calculations for me. I had know idea how to make a nutritional label. This software made it fast and simple.

Cons

It took a bit of help to figure it out. But the staff helped with that concern.

Thanks so much for your review and for being a long time customer of ours! Wishing you all the best :) Happy cooking, Christine

Great for Nutritional data

If not for the customer service and their quick responses, I would have cancelled.

Pros

Ease of creating recipes with nutritional data. Ability to print labels. Ability to create dishes. Compare recipe costs.

Cons

Cannot print directly with word, have to pay for PDF converter. No inventory module No each or unit measurement, i.e case of 140 apples, recipe for 2 apples, etc. No scaling up/down of recipes. No way to print a recipe book, ie all recipes sorted to user preference. No data base of pictures to attach. Please remove the USDA branded items. Please develop a way to drag recipes into folders

Easy and cheap

Its been a great experience

Pros

I love how easy it is to use and the cost

Cons

I don't like that I can't upgrade on the spot.

Thanks so much for leaving your comment! We totally get the upgrade issue. We are releasing our updated subscription module soon so that our users will be able to do it immediately themselves. We love your product and look forward to following your journey :) Kind regards, Christine

Great software but a bit pricey

Great customer service, very fast at answering questions.

Pros

Software is great! Really easy to add recipes and calculate the nutritional facts. The labels are clear and lots of formats are available.

Cons

It's a bit more expensive than I would've liked.

Hi Amelie, thanks so much for your review. I'm happy to hear that it has worked well for your business! Kind regards, Christine

Great service

Pros

I sent in my information and had the nutritional value labels created for me by the MenuSano team. It was a big help during the startup of my business.

Cons

Not all formats for nutritional value tables were available at the time of my purchase but I was able to work with what was offered.

Hi Connie, thanks for you comment. We have extended our nutrition label options in our 3.0 version :) Happy baking, Christine

MenuSano Nutrition Software

Pros

Very easy to use, and comes with a short tutorial. Like the ability to be able to access Canadian Nutrient File data and to incorporate actual manufacturer nutritional information into recipe analysis. Nutrition Facts panel generation from a recipe helps to make the outcome very professional looking.

Cons

Only negative comment would be in signing up for the software, it was a bit confusing as to availability of monthly vs. annual access both on website and in response to my questions on this to help line.

Thanks Susan, we appreciate the feedback from an industry professional like yourself :) Happy Cooking, Christine

Good tool for menu work

Pros

This is an easy to use tool for doing menu work. It is straight forward and easy to follow each step.

Cons

Challenge is there is no double check. All the information must be entered correctly. It would be helpful to have some standards to compare or flags. Also an export option in one place would be good.

Hi Krista, thanks for your comment, we appreciate it! We can look into how we might be able to incorporate your suggestions in a future release. Kind regards, Christine

Was perfect for what i needed

We;'re stsrtingt to pack and sell fronzen cheese breads and i needed a lable for it. The software let me introduce ingredients not on the list and anso let me create lable for 2 diferent size package.

Pros

I could add an very poeculiar ingredient and it gave me my nutrition facts lable easy.

Cons

Didnt encounter anything not to like. Everything i needed was easy and avaliable.

Thanks for your comment, Marcos. Much appreciated :) Happy cooking, Christine

Waiting for licensing

Still in progress, we are going through Health Canada licensing

Pros

Very easy to use and input new ingredients

Cons

So far so good, we are in the trial phase

Hi Dawn, thanks so much for your review. We are rooting for you to get your bakery up and running! Happy baking, Christine

Good product

Pros

I found this product very easy to use. I like how it looks and the layout of it.

Cons

I find there aren't many options especially when it comes to protein. Seems difficult to find just plain chicken breast sometimes. Wish they would more products from canadian nutrient file.

Hi Shelby, thanks so much for your valuable feedback. I assure you, we have the complete and latest version of the Canadian Nutrient File. MenuSano will remember your most common searches and place the items at the top of the search results as it learns the ingredients you commonly select. We will look into how we can get the common chicken breast result closer to the top of the list from the get-go. Thanks again for letting us know! Kind Regards, Christine

Meh!

Pros

Easy to use and deploy. I like that it required little setup.

Cons

Lots of ingredients missing from library. Too many custom basic ingredients are missing. Looks like it is geared mostly toward folks that use branded and or processed foods.

Hi Norman, We recommend deselecting the USDA branded foods database when searching as it is quite large. This way you'll find a lot more of the basic ingredients more commonly used. MenuSano has a built in AI tool in the search so that commonly used items will begin to appear at the top of the search. Our databases contain nearly 500,000 items and we are always working on improving the search and appreciate your feedback. Kind regards, Christine

Good option/value

It is very easy to use and serves the purpose of having "reliable" nutrition facts for all my recipes. If I may suggest, it would be great if the users could include photos in the recipe description.

Pros

Easy to use Good/easy to read layout of the printed recipe.

Cons

Variety of ingredients Not being able to add photos of the dishes

Hi Marcia, Thanks for your review and feedback. We can certainly look into adding this feature! I will reach out to you to ask you more questions. Kind regards, Christine

The best soft ware by far for food companies

Pros

Cons

As of right now we haven't come across anything that is difficult to use. Everything is great so far.

Hi Jessica, Thanks for leaving a review here for us! Glad to hear MenuSano was a big help for your products. We look forward to being a part of your journey :) Kind regards, Christine

Nutrition Facts Label

Pros

Easy and quick to make nutrition facts label

Cons

for me, I just needed to make just 3 label so a little pricy I guess but I had no choice.

Hi Taiki, thanks so much for your review! You can re-subscribe anytime and your data will still be in MenuSano if you need to make more labels in the future. Kind regards, Christine

Did The Job

Was worth the few months I used it.

Pros

Easy to use and got the job done. I had no trouble understanding the features.

Cons

The price point was a little too high, did not like how the subscriptions worked.

Hi Marcela, thanks so much for your review :) Kind regards, The MenuSano Team