My Clients Plus Logo

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.13/10

Reviews by rating

We have used MCP for ten years and have been very happy with the program. MCP is very user friendly and has fantastic customer support, always available for any and all questions.
I love that you can copy and paste your previous note so it saves some time on your documentation. I also love that you can bill electronically through the system- easy, simply, amazing.
Nothing is too great or too small to deal with. The company has available, knowledgeable, friendly and helpful employees who go above and beyond any other software vendor I've ever worked with.
Occasionally, I will enter the pay now in error, or make an error between therapists. I am not always able to go back into the system and remove the transaction, after the fact.
I had initially experienced frustration with the service, but due to my accidentally signing with another service, thinking it was this service.
Nothing, maybe adapting to changes, but there are always options and lots of warning before any changes occur.

JB

Joan B.

Individual & Family Services, self-employed

Love my clients plus

My Clients Plus has made my billing and accounting and business much easier to handle. I began my practice by doing this all by hand and I can’t imagine going back to that when my Clients Plus makes it so easy. I do not use the appointment calendar or some of the other features but I think they would be helpful to many people as well.

Pros

Very easy to bill clients to insurance companies within 20 seconds. Electronic billing gets payments faster and ERAs let me know when payments are made. Great reports features which gives me information on monthly/yearly statistics. Why pay someone to do your billing for you when you can do it so easily with my clients plus and probably much cheaper.

Cons

It does take some time to get each insurance company entered and working with ERAs but support is very good to help with setup and learning how to use it.

KH

Kathy H.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Psychiatry Use

Overall it has been good. They have added a lot of features since we started using it 12 years ago. It is easy to use. Wish it had prescription integration.

Pros

I like that it is fairly easy to use and doesn't have a lot of the bells and whistles that a psychiatry practice doesn't need in comparison to a regular medical practice.

Cons

I don't like that you have to do a lot of clicking around just to print an invoice or to apply a partial payment or write off some of the amount due in different screens. I wish we could enter everything in one screen before invoicing it. I also wish that the list of past appointments for a patient could be tagged with a no show or a late cancel so we didn't have to write it in the notes below a patient's profile instead. I also wish it would list the balance of a patient right on the calendar next to their name because we often miss the fact that a patient still owes money. you don't see that amount unless you actually click on the patient's profile.

RN

Rubin N.

Overall, a decent program.

Pros

There is a bit of a learning curve at first, but this software is relatively easy to use once it is set up.

Cons

After being a committed customer for some years they locked me when my credit card was denied due to fraud. I communicated this to them and told them I'd have a new card shortly, but that didn't stop them. I needed to access patient data but was blocked. I feel this is insensitive and even unethical.

Rubin, we're sorry for the misunderstanding. When a payment is declined for any reason, the system automatically sends an email explaining what happened and then prompts the user for a new payment method when they next log in. The first time you contacted us via email, we did not understand that you were asking us to move your billing date another week or so because that is when you expected to receive a new business card. By the time we figured it out, you had already entered a new payment method and were using your account.

JC

John C.

Great Product: Best Customer Service of Any Product I Use

Great experience. Very easy to use and maintain and their customer service is not only extremely helpful, they are very friendly. I am a psychologist and usually submit about 10 claims per day. It takes about a minute to submit these claims. Because of the ease with which I am able to submit claims, I even submit claims for the out-of-network patients that I have (which is the majority of my caseload) which makes life much easier for them and much more likely that they continue with treatment and recommend me to their friends (which obviously means that my business is able to be more profitable as a result).

Pros

Very user-friendly (after learning the software) and it takes so little time each day for me (1 minute) to submit all of my claims for the day.

Cons

Personally, I like the older "Classic" version of the software better than the newer version, but fortunately they offer you the choice to use either the "Classic" or new software when you login.

CP

Colin P.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

This has made muy life much easier.

Overall very good. Time I would have spent on billing and developing a secure means of keeping my notes is now dedicated to growing my business and care of my clients.

Pros

The platform is intuitive and easy to learn. My billing is much easier and quicker than by other means. My notes are entered onto a secure, encrypted server. The price is reasonable. Customer service is quick and helpful on occasions when I have had questions.

Cons

I'm still using the first version. The software doesn't work well with all operating systems. I have and old Mac, operating on 10.7 that does fine. My more current desk top, operating on 10.14 doesn't do many functions on this program. I'm a little worried for when my old laptop dies.

LO

Laura O.

Hospital & Health Care, self-employed

Great Resource for Clinicians

My Clients Plus allows me to streamline all of my billing, patient information, and client notes in a way that simplifies my practice so that I can dedicate more time to my clients.

Pros

Very user friendly- the site walks you though all of the steps you need to get started in addition to problem solving tips. The Customer Service Team is truly fantastic. I have called before with some ridiculously vague issue ("I'm on this page and I'm trying to click on the thingy but nothing's happening") and the team is quickly able to figure out why I'm having trouble and are able to help me able to resolve it. They are incredibly responsive, patient and knowledgeable about the product.

Cons

Occasionally, it takes a long time to load when I am trying to save a note or perform some of the function.

NW

Nancy W O.

EVERYTHING IN ONE PLACE!

All in one. Everything I need in one place at a VERY reasonable price.

Pros

I am a private practitioner and with My Clients Plus - I can easily do my own billing, track and POST payments, write progress notes and with the addition of Jituzu I have an extremely easy calendar that links with the billing system. In addition - I can provide telehealth (Jituzu) without paying for another telehealth program. I also like the reports feature. Another thing I really like is that any time I have needed help - I get a very quick response from customer support. That's rare.

Cons

I wish I could toggle between the EOB/ERA screen and other screens - like the payment screen or the "Balances Due You" screen. Sometimes payments have to be posted manually.

SS

Sherryl S.

Mental Health Care, self-employed

My Clients Plus: Great Practice Management Software!

Pros

I have used My Clients Plus for over 4 years now. I am a solo practitioner and this program meets all of my needs to manage my practice. The electronic billing is easy and efficient. I get paid quickly with no errors most of the time. If there are errors, they're mine! The progress note feature is great too, with lots of choices as to the templates you use. And the Scheduler is easy to use as well. The price is less than comparable companies also. And as far as customer service goes, you reach someone quickly and they resolve any issues or answer questions you have.

Cons

There reports are limited in their scope. There are times I would like to find information in report form and it's not available.

DM

Daniele M.

Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees

Best customer service ever

MCP staff have been there for me to answer every question I have and have also helped me to solve issues that I could not have done on my own. The support they give feels like a small town business that knows you by name and actually cares about your success, not a big company that doesn't care beyond what you can give them. I HIGHLY recommend them.

Pros

This software is very easy to use. I am not very computer savvy and this has been a breeze. Also, the support from MCP has been exceptional whenever I have an issue I can't figure out.

Cons

The only thing I would suggest is the ability to add our own forms to the program to use alongside the forms that are already available.

Hospital & Health Care, self-employed

Basic EHR

Pros

It was easy to log in and the price for the EHR itself was reasonable.

Cons

So many extra fees! The scheduling isn't hosted in-app; you have to log in to Jituzu and then Jituzu charges you for everything from client reminders to having many clients. The interface is clunky and seems dated, and navigation was not intuitive. There is also an extra fee for billing- the cheap monthly fee itself is very bare-bones.

Thank you for trying My Clients Plus and Jituzu. We offer our product in a such a way that you can pay for the features that you need. For My Clients Plus, the base subscription for a sole provider is 24.95. If you use electronic billing, you pay for only the level of electronic billing subscription you need. In Jituzu, there is a Reminder subscription, and you only pay for the level of service that you need based on the number of reminders that go out. We know that software is not ¿one size fits all¿, so we allow providers to select the size that fits them.

AG

Aimee G.

Mental Health Care, self-employed

Great product Great people!

Excellent. I use the different options for formatting my case /clinical notes; for billing; for Jituzu for clients charge accounts. I use as much as a solo provider needs.

Pros

I like how user friendly it is, wonderful format, tons of options and as a mental health provider-not at IT person- I can use most of the functions w/o much support but when I do need support, the MCP team of customer support people are outstanding. I think I've used MCP for about 10 years now and I will use nothing else. Loving it from Vermont!

Cons

Can't think of anything yet. I think the Jituzu format and use took me longer than anything else on the MCP site and product.

TS

Teodora S.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

The best billing software out there

Excellent experience and their customer support is the best.

Pros

Very easy to use, we never experienced technical difficulties or claims "getting lost in the cloud" (as we experienced with other softwares in the past). Also, our reimbursement rate with insurance companies is 99.98% and it's definitely My Clients Plus merit too.

Cons

We have been using their software for 10 years now and they made so many good improvements over the years, their team is exceptional and they always accepted the suggestions we made and always worked on implementing them.

JS

Janet S.

Mental Health Care, self-employed

MCP for a small psychology practice

I am currently in the process of relocating my office. Not having masses of paper files to move is a relief.

Pros

I purchased MCP in 2013 when many newer software products were not available. I spoke with colleagues and they were primarily using MCP and were pleased. I have appreciated the customer service when I couldn't figure something out on my own. Generally, the product is intuitive, flexible and reliable. After eight years with MCP I am still satisfied.

Cons

I find the month-end statement process a bit duplicative and tedious.

CM

Casey M.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Therapy Billing Support, LLC LOVES My Clients Plus!

Solves all billing problems!!

Pros

I am a biller...and the MCP software is the BEST software for billing!!!! I have worked in loads of softwares over the years, and will ONLY work in MCP now. The billing is efficient and clear...easy to reprocess those hard to process claims...easy to track client balances and track ALL claims to ALL insurance companies. WE LOVE MY CLIENTS PLUS!!! The software is easy to learn, and you will get paid for all of your work! Love it!!

Cons

I cannot think of anything that I do not like!!

ME

Mary E.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Easy to Use and Excellent Customer Service

The customer service is amazing. Someone always answers the telephone and can walk you through the most complex questions to the simplest. Very friendly and easy to work with. The actual program is very user friendly and the help videos are easy to follow.

Pros

The ease of using the program and the simple menu screen are some of my favorite things. Being able to see which clients have insurance issues within 24 hours makes following up more efficient. The ability to electronically receive EOB's and scheduling are also favorite features.

Cons

Not being able to add messages to individual statements.

MP

Mario P.

Not Enough Stars!

This site does not offer enough stars to rate how I feel about MCP. My wife is an LCSW who has been in private practice for over 18 years. She is an excellent therapist, but when it comes to the business end of things uh ... not so good. About 13 years ago, I offered to do her billing for her. She was using another billing program that was complicated and had horrendous customer service. You actually...

AB

Alexandra B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Exceptional service

The technical support with this program is exceptional! Shout out to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], technical support associate who has patience beyond belief and is a kind, professional, knowledgeable and helpful person Other people working for this program are also excellent too!

Pros

The software doesn’t “freeze up”. It is fairly user friendly and I am not a particularly computer savvy person. I handle my own billing and this program/software has met all of my needs.

Cons

I haven’t used other programs so I do not have a frame of reference. I am comfortable using this software, particularly since there is technical support available when needed.

BB

BARBARA B.

Mental Health Care, self-employed

No more insurance hassles!

I use MCP for billing and note keeping. When I was audited by BCBS I used my notes from MCP and received my highest score ever.

Pros

I am able to bill insurance immediately after seeing a client and I get paid within 1-2 weeks. MyClientsPlus’ software is user friendly and their customer service is patient and responsive.

Cons

Although it costs a little more than some other billing software, I believe it is worth it for the convenience.

DS

Dawn S.

I've been using this program for several years and absolutely love it!

I have been using it for about 7 years and have had a consistently pleasant user experience.

Pros

I love the ease of use, particularly since they started rolling out the upgraded version. I appreciate that I can bill electronically with the click of one button after I've entered my sessions....couldn't be easier than that. Their customer service is always personable, courteous and right on point. I haven't had to reach out for customer support too often because I rarely have any problems or issues with the software. But when I do, I get a prompt response and the matter is always resolved immediately. Highly recommend to any clinician in need of an online practice management system! Great value for the money invested in this product.

JD

Judith D.

My Clients Plus Review

I am able to bill, easily look up clients and their balances owed.

Pros

As a one person therapist operating a private practice, this software has been invaluable in providing a concise database of all clients, statements, diagnosis and treatment.

Cons

I do not use half the features so I would prefer a reduced price based on the number of features used. Overall, great product at reasonable price.

LB

Linda B.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Cara Pierce is a Rock Star

After several e=mails I finally called and spoke to Cara Pierce whose professionalism, courtesy and outstanding customer service resolved my issue that day to my delight. She saved my time, money and frustration. She went above and beyond any expectations I might have had. I always get excellent and quick response to my e-mails and calls. The reps there are the best.

Pros

The ease of use. Ability to bill all insurance companies with no additional charges.

Cons

Nothing

kj

karen j.

I'm so glad I found My Clients Plus

Billing is easy and MCP staff is cooperative and available.

Pros

It's easy to use once you know how to use it! I had lots of help from My Clients Plus staff :)

Cons

It was frustrating and cumbersome initially and then [SENSITIVE CONTENT] saved me! And I've conquered the learning curve (mostly) Now it's easy to use.

MS

Michelle S.

Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees

looks simple but it's not

I endured the learning curve on three separate occasions and gave up after months of work each time. Gave up due to the non-intuitive ways things can go wrong and cannot be fixed except with tech support and deleting whatever you did and starting over. (e.g. mark something paid when it isn't, or insurance reclaims something they paid for error and you have to delete the original session and re-enter all dates in order to make things right!)

Pros

many good features and functions, clinical note templates can be copied and modified for the newest session.

Cons

billing and marking payments and write offs is a nightmare.

DM

Dan M.

Excellent and affordable product

My overall experience has been outstanding- I'm able to manage all my practice's billing from my phone in the time it takes to walk from my office to my car.

Pros

Cost effective. Works as advertised. One stop shop for appointments, biking and encrypted documentation.

Cons

Version 2 is a little awkward to use on a smartphone but runs great on a desktop or tablet.

AM

Amanda M.

Customer Service Jacqulyn Nelson

I am an office assistant with limited experience in billing so I frequently call into MCP for assistance. Even in some of the most complicated and confusing situations I have always be treated kindly and with seemingly limitless patients! I feel like I am being listen to and genuine effort if put into helping solve the issue I am having. I appreciate all the representative's I have spoken with and would recommend and have My Clients Plus to all the providers I know! Thank you so much for your support.

Pros

Easy to use, many features for record keeping and outstanding customer support