Nextech EHR & PM Logo

Nextech EHR & PM Reviews - Page 3

KH

Kim H.

Overall great product

We've been using the PM system for 22 years and the EMR system for 9 years, we are very satisfied

Pros

The ease of use, everything it has to offer, and the fact they are always pushing out new features. The support is wonderful also.

Cons

Wish we could offer online scheduling without having to use a 3rd party vendor. Also wish the text reminder feature offered more.

lo

lorie o.

The ONLY EMR & PM

Pros

so easy to learn, and implement every day, in all aspect. Been using this for over 20 years, and love the newest upgrades and products. My favorite was the iPad integration. SERVICE is 10 stars, always available to assist. Love that you get your own representative on your account. You know who to ask for, and they deliver.

Cons

not any to think of, when we added the EMR/iPad - honesty it was the only downspot - although support was there all the way.

CA

Caroline A.

Ease of Use of Nextech

Pros

Ease of use. Very intuitive. Nextech support has been great and very responsive. I love the integrations with other services, Nextpatient-for example. I am constantly needing to learn more about what the product offers because many features are not used in our practice to the capacity from which we can benefit.

Cons

mobile app for provider could be developed more.

DN

Debra N.

Debra review

Pros

Product is easy to use to put in charges and bill to clearinghouse. Lets me know if I am in global period for billing. Easy to transmit charges and payments.

Cons

I am unable to bill secondary claims. Also, it would be nice when a claim is rejected that the HCFA would come up so I can correct whats on the HCFA and not look for where to find the mistake.

CF

Cecilia F.

Nextech for Plastic Surgery Practice

If there is ever a programming issue, I can contact Nextech support and they are great about solving any problem!

Pros

I like the ease at which I am able to produce plastic surgery quotes that I have already customized. In addition, all of my surgical procedures and consents are customized so that it is quick and easy to compile and print them. Printing medications from an customized medication quick list adds to the value of this program. Nextech makes managing my practice manageable!

Cons

There are so many functions available on this program, I am certain that I have not taken advantage of all of them.

EM

Ellie M.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

customer service quite poor.

Pros

Decent layout

Cons

Though we only use certain aspects of the software rarely, we either must pay the FULL support fee or agree to shut down that support of that component. If we shut down support of that component and then decide to use again in the future, we will need to REPURCHASE that compnent ---- even though we already paid the full purchased price for that component alone (EMR). If you make 10,000 emr entries annually or 100, you pay the same fee for support. This is not attractive to lower volume practices.

AW

Andrea W.

Medical Practice, 201-500 employees

Great EHR system

Really enjoy working with customer service, and being able to onboard staff quickly to use the systems.

Pros

We don’t currently use the PM function but are looking to switch. The EHR is so easy to use and train on.

Cons

We can’t load our own forms into the EHR for patients to fill out or to fill out in clinic.The WHR needs better reporting options and capabilities.

Medical Practice, 51-200 employees

Best Software for Dermatology

Pros

Nextech is well written and customizable for each provider. Very simple for new staff to pick up when training.

Cons

Dislike the software backup methodology. Could be more streamlined so it takes less time and in addition, you'll need a device to backup a so-called workstation backup (I use a NAS) and the server backup backs up to a folder on the server so you'll need to think about space requirements when engineering a solution. In addition to the built in solution to the software I also backup the entire server using a thrid-party imaging solution.

JB

Judy B.

Medical Practice, 51-200 employees

Nextech is a very robust combined PM/EMR solution. Our practice has 4 locations and we do a variety of services, and Nextech is able to handle 95% of what we need. The practitioners like iPad app for charting.

The Nextech team is continually working on improvements and upgrades, and the community portal allows all of us to request new enhancements and also to vote on enhancements for the next release.

Pros

We have a complicated scheduling process, and Nextech's scheduling tool is able to handle it with booking rules and schedule template.

Cons

Nextech does not support automatic monthly payments. This requires us to have staff manually process membership payments every day. The support for Nextech is good in that you always get a person, but sometimes you many wait in a queue for up to 45 minutes.

CN

Cari N.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Implementation continues to disappoint and cause major problems

I have hopes for the system once we get through all of our migration problems. Though we are almost two months post-go live and should not be dealing with these problems any more.

Pros

Reporting options give us what we need to make administrative decisions. AdvancedMD had very poor reporting features.

Cons

The implementation process has been disappointing. We STILL have not had a complete migration of data from our old EHR since we took Nextech's recommendation to use their migration service instead of going through the legacy EHR.

Cari, we're glad you're finding value in Nextech's reporting options. However, it is unfortunate that the implementation hasn't met your expectations. We've had tremendous success in the past with the speed and ease of our implementation process, but every practice has its own unique circumstances. Please reach out to your Nextech representative, access the Community Portal, or contact Client Support at 866-654-4396 so that we can address your concerns further.

TP

Tracie P.

Super Easy System to Learn

I am in charge of the Laboratory, both Pathology and Clinical Labs, and I have found the lab module very helpful in keep up with each patients results and being about to see when results are dropped to the charts.

Pros

It has been a fairly easy system for all staff members to learn

Cons

Would like to have had more one on one training for certain modules. I feel we would have been able to work thru problems faster had we had more training time. It takes some time to figure out how you want to incorporate each module and make it work for your practice.

AW

Alissa W.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Pros

I like the functions it offers but learning how to use them has been a struggle.

Cons

Wish it was more user friendly. So things are hard to use and when we call customer service most of the time (depending who you get) they are not much help.

SM

Sarah M.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

This system is good from the EMR perspective. From a PM perspective it is TERRIBLE. Reporting and Point of sales transactions are cumbersome at best. As of late 2017 I was told that I had to pay for the most basic of business reporting. Reports that s

Pros

The templates are easy to use and make changes to fit the practice. Outside of that I don't really see a lot of Pros.

Cons

Customer Service!!!! Not only are there many shortcomings to the PM portion their customer service reps rarely know how to fix problems or answer questions. Continuously get different answers to the same question. Hold times are VERY LONG and then you spend most of the call on hold while they look for a supervisor to assist. I literally dread calling NEXTECH.

SB

Susa B.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Nextech client for 15 years!

Pros

Ease of implementation, user friendly, great tech support, and easy to add on modules. We have a busy plastic surgery practice and are very pleased with practice management features. The product support is excellent.

Cons

Would like to be able to customize the surgical quote system more

RG

Randi G.

Plastics, 201-500 employees

Best Medical Software araound

Pros

Billing is a breeze for us , we enjoy the templates as well. Love the new credit card system through nextech

Cons

having choice besides trizetto, the e eligibilty is not that accurate

AK

Abigail K.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Success with Nextech

Pros

For me it is very easy to navigate and anytime we need help we can always call for assistance

Cons

We definitely could use more of an update with our system that we currently use.

MS

Mindy S.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Compliant System- no headaches

Pros

Nextech is MIPS compliant and easy to use. It takes the guesswork out and lets you focus on your patients.

Cons

Not everything is editable. Sometimes you have to use the template.

AA

Amber A.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Nextech software

Overall I think Nextech is great. I don't expect all tech companies to be perfect, but coming from Cerner at a hospital, Nextech is 100% better.

Pros

It's customizable which can help speed up the charting process tremendously.

Cons

Customer support has been hit or miss. I either get someone on the phone who either knows what I need or knows who to go to for my needs OR I get someone who has no idea how to help and cannot refer me to anyone either.

JG

John G.

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 11-50 employees

Robust Specialized Product

Pros

Nextech is an extremely strong product with high customizability. The product has all the bells/whistles one might need for an aesthetic practice and has great practice management workflows.

Cons

If you are not techy and/or willing to engage with your product, this may not be the best solution for you. Robust = need to put the time in to make it yours.

Kevin H.

Ideal for the current specialist doctor

Pros

As a specialist in dermatology I needed a software that understood my needs and that of my patients, using Nextech I had the possibility to customize my work, Simplify patient records, Keep an eye on the practice management data and make strategic decisions with the analytics I could even enhance the patient experience, because of all of this i love this software.

Cons

I wish it would also give me the possibility to share my analytical data with my colleagues so that based on this data I could do research work, it would be ideal for the software to help me with that.

VM

Vineet M.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Am tied to Nextech for 10 years. Absolutely the worst product and customer service. DO NOT BUY.

Stay away if you value your time, money, and sanity.

Pros

it works as scheduling, EMR, and for resource management. It meets basic minimum requirements but that's really it.

Cons

where to start: 1. Server and expensive licensing to maintain the servers/hardware site 2. software is ridiculously expensive and yearly support doubly so 3. their feature set is weak and many don't work 4. customer support is really terrible 5. that's just the beginning

BM

Brittany M.

Plastics, 51-200 employees

Nextech Review

Pros

User friendly, organized, easy to read/use

Cons

The support team is not reliably helpful. A lot of times they are not sure how to answer things.

AM

Andrea M.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Pros

support and options withinm her software, also the conference is extremyl helpful too

Cons

I would like to be able to customize more

MS

Meredith S.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Easiest medical practice management software to use!

Nextech is the easiest software to train someone to use!

Pros

Navigating between modules (financial, admin, emr) is simple. Payments are easy to batch and process. Billing follow function makes tracking claims/collections easy.

Cons

Reports could be easier to manipulate. Nextech partners with Trizetto clearinghouse so some functionality (ex: batching eligibility inquiries) is limited if you use a different clearinghouse.

AB

Ashlyn B.

Review from the Front Desk

Pros

The system was easy to learn as someone who's never used an EHR/PM system before. A lot of the features are self-explanatory and easy to understand.

Cons

Integration with other Nextech software should be included during launch instead of a later-planned feature. The reminder feature in Practice+ also doesn't work completely accurately, especially in regard to sending reminders for multiple appointments that are scheduled on the same day.