Nextech EHR & PM Logo

SC

Shane C.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Nextech

It was a rocky start, but now we are doing well. Support is great and we are slowly figuring out our new normal. I would like the option to not always be in a patients chart. Also, the patient portal needs some work. I will continue to give suggestions as they come up.

Pros

Reporting and the continued support from the Nextech Team. Hugh started this project and has stuck by our side in every area.

Cons

That you are always in a patients chart. We should be able to exit out so we don't schedule the wrong patient. We have had many mistakes happen due to this feature.

TE

Terri E.

Medical Practice,

NexTech - Best decision we ever made.

Pros

By far, this was the easiest conversion and installation of a practice management system and EMR. The staff at NexTech did a fantastic job at writing our conversion program and we had very few problems going live. Support is awesome. There's no more having to call a company and wait for them to call you back. Most days, we can get through and get a question answered right away. Training the staff was very uncomplicated, and most new employees who come to us from another practice always comment on how easy our program is.

Cons

If I had one complaint, it would be on some of the reporting features. When I have a more complicated report that I need to run, I know that NexTech is capable of doing it; I just need to get help to create the report.

TP

Tracy P.

Great EMR System

Pros

The product is easy to use, very customizable, and easily learned by all. The sales department is wonderful and always follows up. Tech support is easily reached with little-to-no wait time when calling. All departments from the trainers to higher management are extremely knowledgeable and dedicated to making this product the best on the market. The ICD-10 software upgrade is like no other. We really are happy with the software

Cons

There are some parts of both the Practice Management and EMR systems that do not work very well for large practices. The reporting feature is good but is not easily used to analyze data. Also, NexTech has preferred vendors for some things, and the communication between NexTech and the vendors could be improved.

BS

Beth S.

NexTech Review

Pros

The software is very customizable and dermatology focused.

Cons

Our sales rep is difficult to get a hold of and communicate with.

RT

Rose T.

Hospital & Health Care,

Practice Management made Easy with NexTech

Pros

It is visual friendly. Quick to learn and navigate. Great practice management and EMR. Ability to integrate with other systems.

Cons

The reporting needs improvement. Conversion reports and return rates are not easily measured via NexTech.

TB

Tiffany B.

Medical Practice, 51-200 employees

Nextech is an amazing product!

Pros

I love this product! It is not difficult to roam, its is efficient and has its many many perks. I would recommend it!

Cons

I dont have any cons for this product. It is overall amazing to use and I am glad we are implementing this software

DB

Dianne B.

Information on NextGen Software

Pros

I like the fact that you can go into multiple screen to do charging and send result right to the Doctor.

Cons

They're very helpful and are willing to help the client with the software.

SB

Sarah B.

Easy to Use

Nextech is very easy on the eyes. It allows you to seamlessly find what you are looking for without having tons of tabs that you don't use or clearly tell you where to find things. The schedule allows you to drag and drop without having to go thru answering many questions. It makes it easy when talking to a patient on the phone or right in front of you.

Pros

Allows you to find what you are looking for with the ease of clicking the tab at the top.

Cons

I cant say that after using many systems that there are any cons to this.

TS

Tiffany S.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Nextech ehr

Edge conference helped me understand the system better

Pros

Everything is simple and easy to navigate

Cons

Not understanding the financial close and how to correct after the close

DY

Dan Y.

Too Expensive and Too Complicated

Pros

Tremendous capacity to collect data and analyze data

Cons

Extremely complicated to use; very steep learning curve; company charges you for everything, poor customer support

JP

Johnson P.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Best Medical Practice Management System

This is an amazing software where you can perform end to end revenue cycle management services for providers which is not complicated at all. Unlike other software's anyone who looks at Nextech can figure out how to operate the system. Its that Simple and effective. Medical Practices need a huge amount of reports to be analyzed to perform better services day by day in order to increase cash flow. Nextech is the best solution as it is easy. One of the best software's i have seen which can do wonders for medical billing!

Pros

Simple and Easy

AE

Amadeo E.

Major Problem with Support

We have major issue with the support. When you call for support, it's very common that you will hear that you are 18th caller. Yes, I mean 18th or worse on many several occasion. They have option that you call leave a message for someone to call you back or e-mail your inquiry but you will never hear from anyone and in one occasion I got a call back after 5 days. When you are patient enough and tried...

DP

Darcy P.

Medical Practice,

Extremely poor customer service. Your are just a # with this company.

Pros

fairly easy to learn not really too much I can say

Cons

Extremely poor customer service. Dealt with both entry and top level executives.

MR

Minfaz R.

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Best RCM Software for Physicians

I have been working with Nextech for over 6 years in the Medical Billing Industry and it has been always the best solution to provide end to end RCM services to providers. It is great in report generating according to the needs and also a friendly system which can be easily learned by individuals with no difficulty.

Pros

The claim scrubber and the variety of reports that can be pulled out.

Cons

The interface can be made a little more colorful and eye catching.

KS

Kenji S.

Support is severely lacking

Pros

Good product, works relatively well for a busy dermatology office.

Cons

Initially, after we paid, support was good. Never waited more than 5 minutes to talk to a tech. However, for the yearly "support", we are now routinely on hold for more than 10 minutes before we talk to a human. Twice, after holding for 10 mins, their phone system hung up on us. Currently, we are in need of meaningful use help since the module is not set up properly for Phase I, year 2. Been waiting 4 days to get a call back from their Implementation Department. Also noticed that in the last year or so, the level of expertise of the techs has plummeted. While they have a basic knowledge of the software, none we've spoken to have worked in a medical office or have even an basic understanding of our processes (e.g., pathology).

KF

Kate F.

NexTech

Too expensive for support. When first purchased they were more helpful but now they charge extra for everything. You have to pay $$$$ for each computer license.

Pros

Practice Management is OK but not as good as Centricity. The EMR is better and at first they helped with Meaningful Use Reporting but starting this year they don't unless you pay extra.

Cons

I don't like the billing. Very hard to understand.

CM

Cindy M.

Medical Practice,

NexTech is the best software, and support is priceless!

Pros

The software is very user-friendly and can be designed to meet the practice's individual needs. Support is fantastic. Client service is superior. NexTech does an excellent job of training; all webinars are online, which makes training new employees a breeze. All staff are informed and can revisit webinar whenever they feel an update is appropriate. We often use the webinars at staff meetings to make sure all staff are on top of technique.

Cons

We have had some difficulties integrating it with our Outlook calendar; however, NexTech is right on top of addressing our concerns.

Alison R.

Fantastic fully integrated PM / EMR

Pros

This is an all inclusive bundle and there is no jumping between multiple programs for scheduling, EMR, marketing, accounting, billing, etc. NexTech is easy to use and highly customizable. Customer service is always easy to reach. Our medical practice could not have navigated Meaningful Use with such ease with any other program.

Cons

NexTech has an incredible array of options and is highly customizable. It is difficult to remember all of those options, and many are highly complex. You have to rely on customer service for a lot of those options but so far that has not been a problem.

VX

Val X.

Medical Practice,

Nextech is very user friendly.

Pros

Nextech is very user friendly. I like that you can do the same task in many different ways.

Cons

I would like it if Nextech contacted us when there is a new update available. Sometimes it is months before we realize we are using an outdated version.

CC

Candace C.

Medical Practice, self-employed

Overall amazing!

I have worked with many software systems and Nextech is by far the best! They work with each client to customize the billing portal, transfer demographics from previous software used, etc. the software has internal messaging for everyone in the office to communicate faster, electronic rx allows for safe and fast prescription fills along with tracking. Email and text message appointment confirmation save everyone's a ton of time.

EF

Erin F.

Nextech from Billing/Accounting

Pros

I like the pop-up warning system and the patient tracking feature. I like how logical and customizable the features are, especially the service codes and inventory items. The inventory tracking system is helpful in tracking current cost vs previous cost and is in general very useful.

Cons

It is not easy to manipulate data in reports to get the information you're looking for. I wish it had more filter options that are simpler to direct. I also wish there was a separate billing ledger for insurance cases or a way to filter out what is visible in the ledger.

BG

Brenda G.

Nextech EMR

I use Nextech on a regular basis throughout my work day. As the Clinical Staff Supervisor, it has made the training portion of my job a breeze, even those with little to no EMR experience are quick to catch on thanks to Nextech's ease of use. It is also very easy to move around in the patient's chart, which is extremely beneficial when scribing on behalf of our providers and dealing with multiple problems at one time.

SN

Scott N.

Medical Practice,

Don't make the mistake I did

Pros

Nothing. They were a wonderful group until you made a purchase.

Cons

I had specific needs in a system for the way I run my practice. I described features specifically to the salesperson and purchased this software after upgrading my entire network to meet the needs of the system. Once installed, it was clear that the software could not do things the way I needed. The company then refused to refund my money and take back the software.To this day, I never used the software. The product is basically a 'work in progress' and is evolving, but that is not what I was led to believe.

KW

Kate W.

Great and easy to use!

Pros

The software is very self explanatory and any issue I have had has been resolved very quickly by technical support. Any interaction I have had with the customer service with Nextech has been exceptional.

Cons

I wish it was easier to import documents or PDF files into the patients chart without having to print them and then rescan.

CL

Cynthia L.

Excellent Medical Software

Pros

It's very easy to use; everything is right at your fingertips. Customer Service is excellent also. They always call to check on how you are doing and to see if there is anything you need. I personally like the reminders. I do the billing.

Cons

Since we didn't choose to get a lot of training, and we have so many employees, I personally didn't get to train on all the ladders and marketing reports (there are so many). I have learned over time when needed with the great customer service, though.