NextGen Office Logo

Empowering our clients to make healthcare better

NextGen Office Reviews - Page 7

1,264 reviews

IC

Idi C.

Great system very user friendly

Pros

It is very easy to use, it makes workflow quick, provider don't have to think as much I have comments "it thinks for you" it calculates coding for you, and also gives you what's due for health maintenance to sum it all up it really is user friendly and overall a great system.

Cons

I don't like the amount of time it takes for slcustomer service to get back to you even though you put it as a number one priority and they done keep the same people working with you when you upgrade.

AN

Alyssa N.

We are an FQHC who utilizes NextGen Practice Management, EHR, NextGen Share, HQM reporting, and more

Pros

The software is easy to use. It has a view that is easy for many different types of users to utilize. There are many features that make the system very helpful. You can customize templates, reports, etc.

Cons

There are many items that are broken often, specifically in reporting and templates that can be difficult to navigate till the next hotfix. The additional features can be costly. I do not recommend being on an enterprise as it limits significantly what you can customize.

KT

Karen T.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Used other for 2+ years

No decent training, also for 4 - 5 years never knew we even had a representative.

EHR side is VERY time consuming for doctors, which leads to a decease in patients. Videos are very vague, they don't consume enough information to learn it on your own. All updates or changes are just given as a message on the home page.

Pros

The only real positive thing I can say is the customer support are very good and usually can fix what's needed.

Cons

Constantly having to click with mouse to switch from area to area in both EHR & Practice Mgmt side, completely waste my time. Doing accounting and NOT being able to use just the keyboard is frustrating since you have to take your hands off keyboard and use the mouse far far to much. If I have a problem and send a ticket for something to get fixed, it takes so long for them to do it that I completely forget what I sent in, so now I have to snap shot the page to keep as a reminder. Even if it's super important and you ask them to call you back as soon as it's fixed THEY NEVER CALL BACK.

LH

Laura H.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

company review

Pros

the built in ROS and exams I can link my immunizations

Cons

cant copy note from previous and change things that need to be changed in current note so that hx follows better instead of having to look back at prior OV. Labs cant be linked into OV.

DW

Daniel W.

NextGen has provided us with a good solution; I'm waiting to see updates that make good great

Pros

I like the ability to customize templates based on clinic specific workflows outside of the initial imagined functionality of NextGen upon release.

Cons

I do not like how many templates you need to dig into in order to complete a visit. Everything is in a sub template, or a pop-up. I think if you could distill the fields and areas needed for a basic clinic workflow into one base template with a scroll bar, that would be better than going between different templates and po-ups.

AW

Amy W.

We've been using MediTouch for over two years.

Training and customer service are both extremely poor. There is NO training, other than logging in to HealthFusion and slogging through hundreds of pages of instructions, and training videos. If you're new to EHRs or new to web based EHRs, it's particularly confusing and cumbersome. Even with extensive EHR use, self-training by reading page after page of instructions is tedious and time consuming....

EL

Elizabeth L.

Medical Practice, 51-200 employees

Great customer support, program can be improved greatly.

I think the NextGen customer support is very helpful and knowledgeable. I think there also should be more on hands training from the support team on how to use certain areas of this system.

Pros

It is user friendly. It is not difficult to get in and understand what to do. It is a robust product with great possibilities.

Cons

It takes too many clicks of the mouse to get anything done. the EPM side and the EHR side do not communicate internally as they should. It is very glitch and locks up & slows down to often.

KF

Kayla F.

easy to learn however time consuming to complete a note based on provider/practice needs

Pros

The software is easy to train new staff, however adding templates onto one screen can become hard to maintain. Not all information is easily available for all to view. Once the system is trained to employees it becomes user friendly. I like how it is displayed for users to see it all.

Cons

The template itself isnt the easiest to view. You have to search on the templates to find exactly what you need unless you know what you are searching for and well trained

AC

Amy C.

This reviewer only left a rating

I have worked with several different EMR systems but this one is the worst. It is completely inefficient and cumbersome to maneuver within the system. You have to memorize and remember all the millions of clicks to get anywhere. The templates that supposedly help "build your history" string along "sentences" that are non-sensical. There is a delay of 5-6 seconds between every screen and there are way...

JA

Jonathan A.

Great product that meets most of our needs

Pros

I love the improvements they're making in the new versions. Their support team is also MUCH improved - their knowledgebase is super easy to navigate and very informative. Support staff is great!

Cons

There are some odd bugs and several limitations, but the software honestly meets most of our needs. It has a lot of modules (meaning separate license costs) that you need to be aware of upfront. Their license structure is horrible and very difficult to manage.

DT

Dan T.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees

NextGen has grown in functionality and reliability over our years of use.

We have access to a large datastore of information that will help to provide quality assessments and care.

Pros

How customizable it is for specialties. The training is very robust and covers all of the areas of activities that the users need to navigate,

Cons

It can be resource intense and does require some attention to the details of best practices. However, the customer support is very proficient at diagnosing issues and assisting with best practices to improve and optimize performance.

LA

Leigh Ann O.

Medical Practice, 201-500 employees

Overall I am satisfied, but some of the workflows need improving.

Easy and quick access to answer questions from patients and insurance companies. The education print outs are easy to configure and provide. The EHR charges sent to a holding tank works best for our large practice.

Pros

The ability to carry the same chart from PM to EHR. The new portal icons are great. The system generated alerts are helpful.

Cons

The phone number displayed on the home page is always the top number entered in the PM demographics. Workflows for exclusions are not consistent and some are tedious.

DU

David U.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Never Delivered

We had high hopes as they do offer a great OB Flowsheet. However, when the dates of service are wrong throughout, it is difficult to get a claim paid. Customer phone service was pretty good. But, if a more technical solution was required, their answer was pretty much "do it manually".

Pros

Strong reporting tool: preset reports were customizable. Filters, Field selection/order, and sorting.

Cons

We used this software for a year and half with a date issue we identified during training. There response was to change the dates manually and multiple screens. This pretty much defeats the point of an EHR - introducing more chances for human error is not a solution.

JE

John E.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Too many clicks and customer support is so bad I can't put it in one sentence.

Customer Service is a joke and they are very unethical in their billing practices and procedures. No way would I ever recommend this company/product.

Pros

Nothing. This system is so convoluted it takes twice to three times longer for new staff to learn over other systems we've used.

Cons

Everything. Once they get your credit card info, beware. If you try to leave these folks they will bill you for stuff just cause they can I guess. If you leave cancel the card they have immediately.

SE

SHANIKA E.

I like the system it seems hard at first for dental users then you learn it quickly and becomes easy

Pros

I like the workflow and categories you can setup in the appt book. It is nice that you can set different providers to different colors on the appt book. I like that you can print the patient label to give on next visit card.

Cons

if using on book need a way to identify a different location. the system is not really setup well for dental treatment plans. it makes treatment plans take alittle longer or you have to spend a lot of time setting up contracts.

WW

William W.

Years of use

Design dramatically wastes your time with extra clicks. Features don't work properly. We had to hire a programmer to fix many features. Poor at producing clinical reports

Pros

Screen looks nice. Erx ok. Can link summary info to chronic problem

Cons

Poor design leads to many unnecessary clicks. Very poor customer service. For a year we had to enter our specialty every time we entered a chart. Endless more complaints about the design. Was not able to correctly generate simple quality reports for meaningful use.

RJ

Rashida J.

Decent PM system but Room for Improvments

Pros

I like the ease of use the product, customization of user preferences from color coding and some of the reporting filters

Cons

I think the product wasn't tested with actual super users/clinical personnel. I say that because often times our users complain of too many clicks, not good workflows, not the ability to customize workflows, etc. However, they work well with what they are given considering the application isn't ASC focused. Support is hit or miss.

EM

Eric M.

Gets the job done

NextGen Helps us meet our needs for collecting information and meeting PCMH requirements. I wish that they would do something really innovative with their software on the Ambulatory side. Also wish Ambulatory info could easily be collected with ipad ( intake ) . Customer service website is 100% than it use to be. Also wish that Patient portal had an app in the market.

Pros

really like in the smart notes from Reason for visit.

Cons

They charge for everything. We pay so much a month for Nextgen and yet they charge us for simple canned reports for PCMH.

JG

Jose G.

Medical Practice, 501-1,000 employees

The 5.9/8.4 version templates are more user friendly. The spell check is popular with our providers

the benefits that we got was the Medical records are available and legible in all our locations. We could implement a standard practice.

Pros

The customer support is awesome, they respond rapidly and are very knowledgeable. They always make sure that you do not have any more questions or issues currently open that they can assist you with.

Cons

The thing I like least is that some of the fixes are usually available until next update or they are an enhancement for future release.

JD

Jessica D.

The ability to customize is great. It does make the workflow a bit piecemeal.

Pros

We can customize any template to meet our providers' needs. This allows us to create workflows that support the providers natural documentation workflow. It also allows us to report on just about anything we need.

Cons

The additional costs of new products to maintain regulatory compliance. Purchasing new interfaces, applications, etc. are cumbersome. And because some of the applications were acquisitions, it makes the product feel a bit choppy.

AP

Austen P.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Great product as a whole

We get the functionality required for our practice through customized templates. It would be nice to have more neurosurgery templates and functionality out of the box.

Pros

I like that it offers customization which our practice likes. It lets us add functionality to the program that it does not have out of the box.

Cons

The software seems extremely expensive. With multiple fees per year in maintenance, ect, the cost can sometimes be overwhelming for a small to medium sized practice.

SJ

Susan J.

Pharmaceuticals, 10,001+ employees

Highly Used in a large company

Many years of use , it has evolved with the times .

Pros

Ease of use , toggle ability, teaching is easy with this feature.

Cons

Nothing to say at this time , hope I do t ever have to change that.

FA

Faizan A.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Claim Processing

We are very happy with this web based software you don’t need to have have internet connection access to use. Even you can use for slow connection or small practice too

Pros

Creating a charge is just a matter of clicks with nextgen office

Cons

submission of charge is very easy and post a refund is also not a tricky job you can do with simple step but nextgen need to little bit improvement for color theme

MQ

Mary Q.

Medical Practice, 201-500 employees

Always entering tickets and waiting

I love the reports. they are very robust and helpful!

Pros

many places to enter data within next gen. I like the ability that templates can be created and used. I like the drug reconciliation. On the PM side, I like the reporting and flexibility. I like the tasking and would like to implement this more. I feel that we have not set up our file maint. as well as we should have been and it would be helpful to review and cont to update.

Cons

due to the many places, the workflow doesn't always work, so to help your product, should offer more training and best practice to help client resolve

DD

Danita D.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Nextgen

Pros

We were previously using 3 programs for our practice. February 2018 we combined all 3 programs and started using just NextGen. This has given us the ability to have everything in one program and didn't have to jump around to different programs. We are also able to scan all the documents into this program so for convenience alone this has been a huge time saver.

Cons

There are some functions in the claims processing that are a little confusing but the support services are great when we call the help desk in walking me through the process.